The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

I have posted my latest scarf, my own design, the Mists of Avalon, in the free original patterns forum (can't figure out to post a picture here) here is a link to a pic:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Pgh9eywckVF-xpN2GMmI1Q?feat=directlink

Very nice I love the colour!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have posted my latest scarf, my own design, the Mists of Avalon, in the free original patterns forum (can't figure out to post a picture here) here is a link to a pic:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Pgh9eywckVF-xpN2GMmI1Q?feat=directlink

:drool!!! I love your scarf! I think I need to try it this week... thanks for sharing :manyheart

I love Pidges :manyheart I made one in crochet (triple strand) and I wish I could find someone to gift it to.

Yours is gorgeous.

However... If I could ask a big favour... could we hold off on Feb.'s scarves until February gets here. I know it is only a few days away but I would like to keep them in order if we can.

Pretty please with sugar on it :hook

:cheer:clap:yay I just love all the scarves everyone has made. I finally get to unpack all my yarn on Tuesday, so I will get to start my February scarf very soon:yes:yes:yes I am excited and can't wait. Now I just need to find a pattern that I want to make :lol:lol

Good job everyone and keep up the great work!!!!

Donna this looks so soft.:hook What type of yarn did you use?

Awesome job..:cheer:clap:yay

Donna, I have to agree...it looks very warm - what kinda yarn did you use??

Ashley, your scarf looks great too - love those snowflakes! Did you graph them in or did you attach them?

I used homespun. It took a bit but once I got it going it was pretty easy to do. It is knitted which is something I'm still very much a beginner at. Thank you for the compliments on it.

I finally went into photobucket and seen all the beautiful scarves. Everyone has done a wonderful job... :cheer:clap:yay It is so nice to see so many of them in one place...:dance

Okie dokie- finally found the camera cord. My January scarf is in the album! I used Vanna's Seaspray Mist. It is a variation of the Shelly scarf, I made only 3 shells instead of 4, as 4 was too wide for my liking. :hook

th_crochet001.jpg

Okie dokie- finally found the camera cord. My January scarf is in the album! I used Vanna's Seaspray Mist. It is a variation of the Shelly scarf, I made only 3 shells instead of 4, as 4 was too wide for my liking. :hook

th_crochet001.jpg

Ooooh very nice! :clap I love that color!

th_crochet001.jpg

:manyheart the color on your scarf!!! Very nice!:cheer

Hi Darski:

I'd love to make some Pidges for gifts can you tell us where you got your pattern for them..

Please

thanks

hugs

Lillibet

I love Pidges :manyheart I made one in crochet (triple strand) and I wish I could find someone to gift it to.

Yours is gorgeous.

However... If I could ask a big favour... could we hold off on Feb.'s scarves until February gets here. I know it is only a few days away but I would like to keep them in order if we can.

Pretty please with sugar on it :hook

I just looked at all the January scarves on photobucket; all I can say is, WOW!! It is so cool to see all of the different patterns and yarns and all of the talent!! I'm really lovin' this group!

Deb

I just looked at all the January scarves on photobucket; all I can say is, WOW!! It is so cool to see all of the different patterns and yarns and all of the talent!! I'm really lovin' this group!

Deb

I'm loving this group,too

I've been trying for a couple of weeks to make my "hot chocolate with whipped cream" scarf, but I just can't seem to make it come out the way I see it in my mind. :think I can't work on it this weekend, and then January's over? Would it be OK if I posted it late?

th_crochet001.jpg

Ooh, pretty! I love the shells, they're so dainty looking :manyheart

Hi Darski:

I'd love to make some Pidges for gifts can you tell us where you got your pattern for them..

Please

thanks

hugs

Lillibet

You really don't need a pattern for Pidges. They are just rows of hdc with multiple strands of yarn. you need to make your button holes a decent size as the visible buttons are part of their charm.

I believe I worked over 11 st and kept going until it crossed nicely in front. I used 3 colours. Blue, Navy and Black if I remember correctly.

I can't find my show and tell post about my Pidge but they are very adaptable.

I might just try one somewhere this year.

Archived