The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

Okay Darski if I get another scarf done for the month of February can I post another picture to the photobucket account I'm sure it's a silly question but I thought I would ask because I'm making a purple and white scarf that will give it a taffy look to it when I am finally done with it using the sport yarn so will show when it's done

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay Darski if I get another scarf done for the month of February can I post another picture to the photobucket account I'm sure it's a silly question but I thought I would ask because I'm making a purple and white scarf that will give it a taffy look to it when I am finally done with it using the sport yarn so will show when it's done

Post as many pictures as you want. I don't think you are going to find anyone here at the Ville who complains about too many pics :wlol

I love seeing the different ways you can view a month... each person brings a new perspective :clap

I looked at the slideshow from last month my poor mouth was dropping because I was in such aw of all the scarves you guys have been working on I couldn't help but say I'm loving it I love it Lol if anyone of you guys met me in person you would see that I'm weird at times I even get to the point I make up some of my own words if I'm trying to get someone to smile I say shmile. ok it makes no sense but that's me and my sister and I have our own talk to

that is so wonderful to hear. That scarf is just perfect for that because it would not be overly showy but would sure do the job.

I really love that colour... did you tell us the name of the yarn and the colour? I might keep an eye out for it.

It is Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky and the color is Royal Purple Flutter. I love it. The pattern does not use the whole skein therefore I have some left. I could probably even make another one out of what's left. I bought two skeins at the time so I have a lot left.

Ok Iam finished designing my scarf and happy with the way it's coming out, it has 4 rows to the pattern and Iam happy with the way it's coming out.

Started it length ways and just gonna repeat the pattern untill I am happy with the width, then I will add a fringe.

I have had enough for today will work on some more tomorrow.

hey, all...

thought I'd pop in and say :hi

I'll be posting my feb scarf by next week... It's called X's and O's in honor of Valentine's day.

I peeked in the Photobucket, and love all your creations!

This CAL doesn't have any gotta do's. I would imagine that most people will find a month that just doesn't get their juices flowing and they will give it a go-by.

if you want to do a scarf and can get one made - good on you but there is no pressure here. :ghug

Its mostly made, its oversized because of the style. I will finish it soon.

Now if I could put down the baby blankie I have been making the past couple weeks it might get done lol. Or the two projects that I got sucked into...

I decided to upload the scarf I made for January in February's album. It is the pattern from Suzie's Stuff - her January scarf. It was knitted with Caron Simply Soft and size 10 needles.

th_IMG_1644.jpg

I also just realized I didn't share a photo of a hat and scarf set I recently finished. It too was knitted using the pattern from a skein wrapper. The yarn was Red Heart fleck. The hat is a crochet pattern from the Headhuggers site.

th_IMG_1640.jpg

Just uploaded my Feb. scarf. It's a cross between a neck warmer and a capelet made with SS in, I think, Plum Mist Heather. I made it for our school secretary who is always cold at her desk and wears pretty things.

Febscarf.jpg

That is beautiful!!!

I decided to upload the scarf I made for January in February's album. It is the pattern from Suzie's Stuff - her January scarf. It was knitted with Caron Simply Soft and size 10 needles.

th_IMG_1644.jpg

I also just realized I didn't share a photo of a hat and scarf set I recently finished. It too was knitted using the pattern from a skein wrapper. The yarn was Red Heart fleck. The hat is a crochet pattern from the Headhuggers site.

th_IMG_1640.jpg

Just uploaded my Feb. scarf. It's a cross between a neck warmer and a capelet made with SS in, I think, Plum Mist Heather. I made it for our school secretary who is always cold at her desk and wears pretty things.

Febscarf.jpg

Beautiful work, ladies! :clap

Febscarf.jpg

Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

Today a coworker asked me how much I would charge to make her daughter one of these. Her daughter is a respiratory therapist and got a permanent neck injury when a panicked patient grabbed her head, pulled and wouldn't let go. She wears scarves all the time now because the cold pains her neck. I just gave it to her. I am so glad I am having opportunities to give these scarves away!:D

That is so thoughtful of you.

Feederofthepack- your neck warmer/capelet is gorgeous! What a creative idea.

Oh, PULEEZE post any and all scarves :lol I'm absolutely loving looking at them all and being inspired by them all and seeing all the diversity in :yarns patterns and color choices. These are just wonderful :yes they are :hook

Okay, I :manyheart this. Is it a purchased pattern? I'm always cold, even in the house and love neck warmers.

Getting stumped for February for some reason...Was tryin to work up a filet heart but the heart just wouldn't come out right. Even DH tried to help out with it but he only got me more confused:think Was actually doing the heart in filet then the rest filled in....It's sitting in my bag. I love the filet heart scarf that was done. Gorgeous scarves ladies. Great job:clap

Archived