The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry I haven't finished my January scarf yet.

As we have summer here now I am very busy in the garden most days,

will post a picture when I catch up. Maybe I will post Jan & Feb scarves together

I expect we will see a lot of this when most of us hit our hot weather as well. Do what you can :hug

I got my yarn yesterday in the mail for my feb scarf! I'm so excited. I decided to try out the scarf from Interweave Crochet Winter 2008: Alpine Frost scarf. I've never worked with such lacy wool yarn so am excited to see how this one turns out. It will also be my first project from an Interweave Crochet magazine. I chose a pink color for Feb and the lacy scarf because it is still icy and frosty here in PA. Can't wait to get started!

Loved all the january scarves, it has been fun to check these out and participate myself!

I got my yarn yesterday in the mail for my feb scarf! I'm so excited. I decided to try out the scarf from Interweave Crochet Winter 2008: Alpine Frost scarf. I've never worked with such lacy wool yarn so am excited to see how this one turns out. It will also be my first project from an Interweave Crochet magazine. I chose a pink color for Feb and the lacy scarf because it is still icy and frosty here in PA. Can't wait to get started!

Loved all the january scarves, it has been fun to check these out and participate myself!

Natalie, you have stated the real joy of these CALs here at the Ville. We get together, stretch our minds and our art and just have plain old fun doing it. :ghug

I love your reasoning for your scarf for Feb. I am tempted to mark this massive pile of snow in some way as well. :think

Started my February scarf, a quick knit one, but a little more than straight garter stitch. Will have to block this one, edges are curling a bit.

Hope everyone has a great day today!

deb

I tried several times to get into the group bucket but it would not let me in for love nor money so I am just going to provide the slideshow link to my own account. just click and go :wlol

th_feb-heart2.jpg

And no I was not signed in to either of my own accounts and have not been for days. I recently did a shut off of my computer so there is no reason there that they won't let me in.

the only way I can get in there is with a direct link to someone else's pics.

It is interesting because I have 2 photobucket accounts and I never have that problem with them.

Anyway, for February I was torn between the two themes I seem to be working now.

1. What is the notable feature of the month :?

Icicles or Valentines :wlol

2. What can I do around the birthstone for the month :?

This month the birthstones were important to me. it doesn't really show but the silver is indeed silvery with a silver metallic thread through it. I was trying to create a birthstone ring with the silver setting and the jewels added on. I like that one - done as a moebius strip.

I just happened to start working with the light, fluffy yarn because I needed to finish some skeins for stashbusting. Most likely it was my consideration of all things Feb. that I kept thinking how much the yarn resembled the amethysts in a pair of drop earrings I used to have. it was just so wonderful to create with this colour. It lifted my heart (boo, hiss, pun) to make this toddler set. I tried mittens but could not figure out what size to make them. :wlol

I really like the hearts cowl too. I am looking forward to wearing that

when the weather gets nicer...

it's going to get nicer... right :?

Darski, that's so pretty!

And yes, the weather will get nicer...though it may take longer to get to your neck of the woods than where I am;)

Darski...:think that is just so weird. I will grab the url address of each of your pics and post them for you... :yes

If folks get their scarves done in advance for months we're not in (like now having March or April done) can they just go ahead and post it on the photobucket for that month?? Just not show the actual picture in the thread??

I tried several times to get into the group bucket but it would not let me in for love nor money so I am just going to provide the slideshow link to my own account. just click and go :wlol

th_feb-heart2.jpg

:yay:yay:yayOh, oh, oh, I absolutely :manyheart this set! I want it! :lol Beautiful :cheer

:whew I got your pics uploaded...i had a bit of trouble at first b/c i tried to upload the slideshow in the album, but it wouldn't let me...so then I added them individually & named as you had them on your slideshow...then it triplicated them! :eek So I had to delete 2 sets of them!!

They are all awesome scarves and cowls...i especially like your heart set.

I haven't decided what I want to do yet.... 27 days left :sigh

:yay It's February 1st :yay So, here's my February scarf. th_FebruaryCAL.jpg

It's done in Vanna's Choice Rose Mint and the pattern is http://crochetmagazine.com/freepat_pdf/threads_compassion.pdf

I really, really like the neck warmer patterns too, or cowl or whatever they are called :think I find I need something around my neck in winter, even in the house and these work up fast and do the job, so any patterns would be wonderful, free is good but if I really LOVE it, I'll buy it :hook

Boy we have some good stuff in there already.

:manyheart

I have to get my head in gear for March. I have a neckwarmer (+hat) but they just don't scream March for me so the hunt is on.

Darski...:think that is just so weird. I will grab the url address of each of your pics and post them for you... :yes

If folks get their scarves done in advance for months we're not in (like now having March or April done) can they just go ahead and post it on the photobucket for that month?? Just not show the actual picture in the thread??

I am beginning to wonder if that group account I set up is causing the problem. I am going to delete it and see if that helps. it drives me crazy. I fully admit that I am a technopeasant but not a technogoober

As to posting early. I would prefer not but I don't really have any say over what other people do.

sorry... this post of yours got lost and I ended up on the next page when I clicked. oops

Finally got the camera figured out with the new computer so here are my last two January scarves.

th_000_0367.jpg This is my "carnation" scarf and the pattern I used is called Off the Grid. You can find it here

th_000_0366.jpg

This is my "garnet" scarf. Trying to get my rusty knitting skills back. This one was simply purled every row.

On to February!

Wow! I love all the new February scarves! Great job ladies :clap

Mine's been finished for a couple of days. I was all ready to go. But that darned camera of mines batteries died on me :cry So my photo will have to wait until I can a) sweet talk DH into picking some up for me or b) Thursday when I, personally, can get out again.

Forgot to add my scarf for January. But I did just upload a pic of my February scarf. I used Simply Soft yarn by Caron. I wanted to try a new stitch so I used the Alternate Stitch found in the Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Needlework. I just sized it according to the multiples and used one full skein. I love how it came out.

th_IMG_1635.jpg

Forgot to add my scarf for January. But I did just upload a pic of my February scarf. I used Simply Soft yarn by Caron. I wanted to try a new stitch so I used the Alternate Stitch found in the Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Needlework. I just sized it according to the multiples and used one full skein. I love how it came out.

th_IMG_1635.jpg

Oooh I really like that stitch. I think I have that book around here. Must check it out :D Great job :clap

Archived