The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted my January scarf picture in photobucket (and here).

th_Janscarf-2.jpg

deb

this really does remind me of when the snow is starting to recede along the side of the road. it has the dark tinges along the edges of the mounds but the top is still white and fresh. Love this one.

Here's mine:

th_scarf-jan-nila.jpg

It's inspired by the large amount of snow we've had this month. (seriously, it can't snow for Christmas but January's full of it?) It's really long, and definitely taller than me. I can't wait to try it out.

Those dangly bits of fringe really look like icicles - I so love that:manyheart. Great colour too.

Posted my January scarf picture in photobucket (and here).

th_Janscarf-2.jpg

deb

Here's mine:

th_scarf-jan-nila.jpg

It's inspired by the large amount of snow we've had this month. (seriously, it can't snow for christmas but january's full of it?) It's really long, and definitely taller than me. I can't wait to try it out.

Beautiful work, ladies!! :clap

Here's mine:

th_scarf-jan-nila.jpg

It's inspired by the large amount of snow we've had this month. (seriously, it can't snow for christmas but january's full of it?) It's really long, and

definitely taller than me. I can't wait to try it out.

It looks very lovely and warm. I love long scarves

:) Thanks you all! I'm looking forward to the next time I need to be out in the snow for more than just a few minutes so I can give it a shot.

Thanks, I used TLC Amore Light Cream mixed with TLC ultra soft Grey Heather. It is warm and soft!!

I'm thinking what to make for February!

deb

I love TLC Amore but it seems to be disappearing from my stores! I wanted it for the Feb. scarf. Is it being discontinued or just one of those cut backs by the stores?

Oh, I :manyheart all of the scarves. So many styles, so many interpretations, so many colors! I'm on :c9 just seeing all of them.

That being said, I just have to finish putting the fringe on mine, take a picture, load it to photo bucket and figure out how to link it to here :lol:lol:lol

Toni, that's a very pretty scarf...love the stitch pattern!:cheer

Thank you! This is the first CAL I've ever done and I'm enjoying it so much.

The stitch on this she called "simple scarf stitch" and I can't find the link. I usually copy it to the pattern and have it on hard copy. Not sure why I didn't on this one. DARN! :eek:( And it's soooo simple. :clap The yarn is Vanna denim mist. I really like it and have enough to make a pair of fingerless gloves to go with the scarf.

Suzy, my TLC Amore was in my stash, so I don't know if they still sell much of it. Seems like JoAnn's and Michael's are both shrinking the amount of yarn they're selling.

I love everyone's scarves!!!

deb

I think I just found it on CPC...looks like yours, anyway!

:cheer I found it!:cheer I remembered that there were links in the forum for a blueberry purse and that I found the scarf on the same link. Going to go right now and add the link to the soft copy I have saved out!:lol:lol:lol

http://www.orble.com/scarf-stitch/

Ok, here goes. Sure hope I get this right. :think Here's the link http://www.orble.com/scarf-stitch/ for the pattern I used. I used Vanna denim mist yarn

th_P1010205.jpg

That is a most beautious scarf - I love the coloring!! Hmmmm I have some vanna's pink mist...maybe that would be good for February!! Was that just one skein or two??

Great scarf! My BIL would love it. I guess I may have t make another one for him since my sister now has a new set. Yours looks nice and warm. What Yarn did you use?

I used Caron SS Eco in Chocolate. It's been pretty cold out here and I've worn it these last couple of days....definitely warm. Too warm at times, lol.

Hi, is it too late to join this cal?

I have popped in a few times and all your scarves are lovely.

I have just frogged a crochet scarf and knitted one instead that would be ideal for Jan. It's made from James C Brett Marble yarn chunky in shades of grey.

Which reminds me of dirty sludgy snow and dark clouds.

Will post pics as soon as I can

Archived