The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

OMG it is awesome!! They've expanded...they have a bar upstairs, and all kinds of hot foods you can get, along with the awesome pizza!! In fact that is where I bought that really cool yarn (No Boundaries) that is fuzzy and thick for like 2/$1...They have all kinds of inside "stores" and such, and the yardsale/flea market out back.

I still love Pizza King in Seaford for pizza (haven't had one since I moved to Chincoteague) and Tastee Freez in F'sburg for subs & chicken. We used to take the kids to Tastee Freez alot, if nothing else but for ice cream.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking forward to that pic!

:birthday to all the January babies! My grandson turns one this coming friday! :yay

hehehee... you can check out the pic here

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1586862#post1586862

I just posted it. :hook

:heart

:mug

OMG it is awesome!! They've expanded...they have a bar upstairs, and all kinds of hot foods you can get, along with the awesome pizza!! In fact that is where I bought that really cool yarn (No Boundaries) that is fuzzy and thick for like 2/$1...They have all kinds of inside "stores" and such, and the yardsale/flea market out back.

I still love Pizza King in Seaford for pizza (haven't had one since I moved to Chincoteague) and Tastee Freez in F'sburg for subs & chicken. We used to take the kids to Tastee Freez alot, if nothing else but for ice cream.

Oh you just had to tell me that didn't you! I am getting so homesick! LOL I can't wait til June... that's when I plan on coming back for a visit. I'll have to check out the new & improved Bargain Bills! LOL That used to be my favorite stopping place every sunday... we'd drive out there just to get the $5 pizzas... do they still do that? And my daughter loved their fries too. If we were lucky sometimes they'd put those on sale real cheap too! LOL And then we'd all share a giant birch beer. :)

How adorable! I love it :) What a great way for your son to take his cars "on the go" LOL

:hook hehehehe.... thanks!!! he is pretty happy with it!

:heart

:mug

Oh great scarf, Melissa! I love the colors!

I've ran into a snag with mine. It seems as though my yarn has taken on a mind of it's own and just doesn't want to be this particular scarf. :lol I've frogged at least 3 times already. So I'm using it instead to make the Shelly. I started this morning and it's already coming along nicely. :hook

OOO. I may have to make that for Feb. Perhaps in purple or light green. If it's cold in Feb, it will be purple. If it's early spring (which is usually what Feb is here) it will be light green.

OOO. I may have to make that for Feb. Perhaps in purple or light green. If it's cold in Feb, it will be purple. If it's early spring (which is usually what Feb is here) it will be light green.

Mine is a light green variegated and it looks very pretty so far. :hook

Oh you just had to tell me that didn't you! I am getting so homesick! LOL I can't wait til June... that's when I plan on coming back for a visit. I'll have to check out the new & improved Bargain Bills! LOL That used to be my favorite stopping place every sunday... we'd drive out there just to get the $5 pizzas... do they still do that? And my daughter loved their fries too. If we were lucky sometimes they'd put those on sale real cheap too! LOL And then we'd all share a giant birch beer. :)

:hug i'm sorry, didn't mean to make you homesick. I haven't been back to all those places really since I left 3 years ago. I miss them too. Except for Bargain Bills...we do venture down there once in a while...in fact, I gotta itch to get there real soon!! Its only an hour away. I don't know if they have them still for $5, but they are still there, and very yummmy. All kinds too! They have a gas station out front now!! They also have little shops that are storefronts...used to be the weekend regulars.

Found this link for you...http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3712197066

has a clicky pic so you can see how much its changed!! There are some reviews there too, some are negative, but most usually are - people aren't in the habit of saying nice things usually. (does look like back in '07 the pizzas were $6) It will be nice when you are there in June...the yard sale-y stuff is in the back, and there's rows of them!!

Here's an aerial map i found...http://wikimapia.org/#lat=38.5707123&lon=-75.560773&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

the yellow roof is facing Route 13...the 2 long roofs in the back are 2 rows each of tables, and then beyond those are rows of tables for outdoor yardsales. PLUS all the stuff inside. There is a bar upstairs, and a beach-style bar/restaurant outside. The center of the inside is where the food court is...they have a stage area too where local talent comes in and plays. Bargain Bills has come up in the world!!

Tam, I posted in your show-n-tell for your racetrack bag...its really cool!! If my son was still a kid, he'd love it - he's 20 now...who knows...he may still love it! :rofl he's still a kid at heart.

Speaking of kid at heart my son who is married with two kids wants me to make him a spiderman round ripple now after seeing the one I made for my four year old grand son. I will have to check the show and tell thread.

I have my scarf done except the edging and the fringe, I am doing that right now with the blue and it is looking great. Got all day to work on it today while my ex was getting his gallbladder out. It took ten hours at the hospital to get that done. I spent some time napping and reading my book. I got another day to spend at the hospital on thursday for work and plan to get some crocheting then too, but hopefully not ten hours worth.

Happy birthday to your granson April!

I checked it out Tam, it's real cute.

Here's my January scarf. It's from the Interweave Crochet Winter 2008. The yarn is Plymouth Boku.

miteredscarf3_medium.jpg

:)I love how pretty your scarf looks! I unfortunately have been having issues on what scarf I want to make, lol. After going thru a few patterns and frogging I think I have one chosen. I restarted over the weekend and hope to have it done soon. :hook

I just came from the photobucket site of all the scarves...beautiful scarves! One of the scarves ( I think is is Melissa's) is from Interweave's winter issue and it turned out so beautiful! I'm putting that one on my list:)

I finished a second scarf for this month but gave it to my mom before I got around to taking a picture. It was a cable scarf from an early edition of Crochet today. It was actually so easy to make, I though the cable look would be tough. My sister has a request in for one...maybe a christmas present for next year:)

Well, I'm off to think about a feb scarf. I have some other crochet things to get working on and a few books to read...

:)I love how pretty your scarf looks! I unfortunately have been having issues on what scarf I want to make, lol. After going thru a few patterns and frogging I think I have one chosen. I restarted over the weekend and hope to have it done soon. :hook

Thanks Sheryl! I look forward to seeing what you do.

I just came from the photobucket site of all the scarves...beautiful scarves! One of the scarves ( I think is is Melissa's) is from Interweave's winter issue and it turned out so beautiful! I'm putting that one on my list:)

I finished a second scarf for this month but gave it to my mom before I got around to taking a picture. It was a cable scarf from an early edition of Crochet today. It was actually so easy to make, I though the cable look would be tough. My sister has a request in for one...maybe a christmas present for next year:)

Well, I'm off to think about a feb scarf. I have some other crochet things to get working on and a few books to read...

Natalie, Thanks for the good words. It's very fast pattern. I'd like to see it if you do it.

Here's my January scarf. It's from the Interweave Crochet Winter 2008. The yarn is Plymouth Boku.

miteredscarf3_medium.jpg

I love that scarf it's so cute. And now I'm thinking of what color I'm making for March I know that's in advance funny thing I've already made my scarf for February so I'm ahead of schedule so now I'll be making some hats to go with my scarves

Natalie, Thanks for the good words. It's very fast pattern. I'd like to see it if you do it.

I think I just might make this one for my feb scarf...just need to think of colors that remind of february! Melissa, you've helped me with this one b/c i love your scarf and you want to see it, now I have to do it!:D

:cheer:clap:yay Hello to All!!!! I have been MIA for a little over a week now and so excited to be back. I had to move for some remodeling/rennovations and didn't have access to a computer but now I am slowly but surely getting moved back in and can't wait to get all of my yarn/stash unpacked and get started again.

:yay:yay:cheer:yes WOW!!!! You all have been really busy. All of your scarves look FANTASTIC!!!!!! Thanks Beasteezgurl for putting my pic in the photo album!!!! Keep up the great work on the scarves and happy :crocheting. Hopefully I will get my unpacking done soon so I can get back :crocheting myself :lol:D.

So all I need to do is make a scarf a month that I think is inspired by that month... right? I am so in if that is all I have to do. I need to make some scarves this year and this way I might actually get some done.

So all I need to do is make a scarf a month that I think is inspired by that month... right? I am so in if that is all I have to do. I need to make some scarves this year and this way I might actually get some done.

yep that is all you have to do.

Welcome back Scooby. I did rather think one of our chicks had wandered from the nest but I have joined so many CALs lately that I sort of lose track of stuff :wlol

yep that is all you have to do.

Welcome back Scooby. I did rather think one of our chicks had wandered from the nest but I have joined so many CALs lately that I sort of lose track of stuff :wlol

:lol:lol:lol TY TY Darski!!!! You were right, this chick did kinda wander off from the nest and really glad that I found my way back :D:c9:yay. I had planned on leaving a post to kinda warn you all, but I just didn't have time. Management of the apts I live in, knocked on my door last Monday morning and said we will be back in 30 mins to start moving you out:eek:eek. But, thank goodness they had already gave me 2-3 weeks warning and I had almost everything already packed.

Have you ever just worked and worked on something and it seemed like, not matter how much you tried, it just did not get bigger? LoL Well that is how my scarf is coming along. I worked on it for a good 45 minutes at the laundromat today and it really seems to me that it is only about an inch longer. But the pattern is so simple! :lol I'm going to work on it some more after dinner, hopefully it will be done by tonight.

I finished my scarf! It's got long fringe on the ends now. I have to convince my daughter to take a picture, I asked but I have to wait untill she is ready:P Young things, so fickle. I am anxious to do it and she knows it so she won't rush. Glad to have you back scooby. Welcome boupie, I hope I got that right.:lol Have fun everyone, off to search for hearts for febuary. I had a plan to do a scarf in breast cancer pink with heart squares and ribbon squares, but that isn't panning out the way I want. Can't quite find the correct patterns I want. So maybe just heart squares. My mom had breast cancer and my sisters mother in law had breast cancer. My sister herself found a lump and spent a month getting tested, so far she is ok. I could go on and on about the people I know who had breast cancer, as well many of you may but you get the picture. Every october I remind all the employees to get their mamagrams and list symptoms. I know it's not october yet, but pink seemed to fit in with valentines day.:hook:crocheting

Archived