The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

ok it's probably way too early but I just uploaded my February scarf on photobucket so that way I wouldn't forget

could you post the direct link please? ... I can't seem to get into that account easily so a link lets me just look without getting in.

I too have to get busy on my Feb scarf but I am still debating which way to go with my 'amethysts".

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got it for ya...

When all the scarves are completed for January, there will be a post that has a slideshow you can click to view all the scarves of that month.

THIS IS fc1123's FEBRUARY SCARF:

th_Winterpictures.jpg

Everyone's scarves looks so amazing! I love them all. I hadn't realized how long I had been away from the site until I saw that there were almost 15 new pages for me for go through and that it was last Thursday when I was actually on the computer, although in the meantime I did get one of the closets cleaned out!

Also, I discovered that no matter how much I want to make another January scarf, I simply can't. My new furbaby apparently absolutely adores playing with yarn. She is too darn cute also when she does it (although I do save the yarn!) I'm not use to a kitty wanting to play with the yarn since my other kitty only attacked it once every few months and only a obligatory chew at that. Oh well. At least with crocheting she doesn't attack the hook also, like she does with the knitting needles. :cat

I think I'm definitely going to join in here. School's starting back up for me so I need something easy to carry around. Plus, I ended up with a bunch of ideas just reading through the first 20 pages or so. Which is unusual, because I don't typically make scarves. :lol

I already know exactly what I'm going to do for my January scarf. :yes

I think I'm definitely going to join in here. School's starting back up for me so I need something easy to carry around. Plus, I ended up with a bunch of ideas just reading through the first 20 pages or so. Which is unusual, because I don't typically make scarves. :lol

I already know exactly what I'm going to do for my January scarf. :yes

There is a lot of inspirational info and discussion here... I agree with you there. And scarves are easy, quick and portable. What's not to love in that? :wlol

I am looking forward to seeing how you translate the months. :hug

I have January and Febuary's scarfs done. Here is January's

Will someone let me know if I upload it to the photobucket or do I have to send it to Darski first.

January is so cold and nasty, white with snow, very cold and also with a muddy January thaw. I also love Panda bears. The scarf has a filet bear on each end which is hard to see in Panda bear colors. I call this one "Magic surprise bears".

th_Pandabearscarf-1.jpg

clickable pic

I have January and Febuary's scarfs done. Here is January's

Will someone let me know if I upload it to the photobucket or do I have to send it to Darski first.

January is so cold and nasty, white with snow, very cold and also with a muddy January thaw. I also love Panda bears. The scarf has a filet bear on each end which is hard to see in Panda bear colors. I call this one "Magic surprise bears".

th_Pandabearscarf-1.jpg

clickable pic

That is absolutely lovely! Great job :clap You should be able to add your photo to the album on your own using the link in Post #1 :yes

stream...that is very pretty!

You would upload the pic into the photobucket acct for this cal just like you did for your own personal photobucket account, except you could use the "upload from the web" option and then enter the url address of that picture (given in your personal acct)

The info for the CAL's account is:

http://www.photobucket.com

cville12scarves2009cal (username)

12scarves (password)

I found this pattern for a hat today but the combo scarf (The easy ripple) sure seems to fit this month's ambience...

http://antknit.blogspot.com/2009/01/jaidas-hat-and-matching-scarf.html

I was thinking of this cal the minute I saw the pic.

Edited to add:

http://mamachee.blogspot.com/2009/01/free-crochet-neckwarmer-and-rosette.html

That neckwarmer would be good for anyone who wants to do the flowers of the months. Just make your specific posy and add it to the neckwarmer pattern.

Darski, I saw that link, too...looks good!

I'm on this CAL and the MAM one...will post a pic of my 88 inch long chenille MAM scarf sometime later....I covered both bases:devil

Darski, I saw that link, too...looks good!

I'm on this CAL and the MAM one...will post a pic of my 88 inch long chenille MAM scarf sometime later....I covered both bases:devil

wonderful... can't wait to see your efforts. :hug

I really like that MAM scarf technique. Must try one of those somewhere this year.

I found this pattern for a hat today but the combo scarf (The easy ripple) sure seems to fit this month's ambience...

http://antknit.blogspot.com/2009/01/jaidas-hat-and-matching-scarf.html

I was thinking of this cal the minute I saw the pic.

Edited to add:

http://mamachee.blogspot.com/2009/01/free-crochet-neckwarmer-and-rosette.html

That neckwarmer would be good for anyone who wants to do the flowers of the months. Just make your specific posy and add it to the neckwarmer pattern.

WOW!!! great minds... I was thinking about that earlier today! 1 neckwarmer or scarf, with detachable embellishments: rose, shamrock, etc. to match the month... :dreaming

Here's my MAM, 88 inch long, chenille scarf for January. I love the cool blue...reminds me of the clear, cold winter nights.

th_HPIM0706.jpg(clicky)

Drat, with the cold and freezing rain I thought I would finish my scarf today. Ran out of yarn :eek It's big enough to be a nice scarf, but I want it bigger and with fringe. ;) So need to make trip to Wally World tomorrow after church for more yarn and pick up some for the Shawler I want to start next :lol But, I still have time, it's not the end of January yet and I WILL get this scarf done before the end of the month, yep, I will! :hook

:( didn't get to go yesterday to pick up the yarn. Had to fix a blown out faucet outside. :eek But, good news :D I went today and picked up enough yarn to finish scarf, yarn for February's scarf and more for the RR for VJGC so I have enough to finish it too!!! :hook So hopefully in about a week, I should be able to post January scarf, just in time for end of month. :yay

Here's my MAM, 88 inch long, chenille scarf for January. I love the cool blue...reminds me of the clear, cold winter nights.

th_HPIM0706.jpg(clicky)

:manyheart it! Very pretty. Mine isn't lacy like yours, I'll do lacy when winter is over :lol

:manyheart all of the one's out on the PhotoBucket site! :cheer Everyone great job :cheer:clap Wonderful! :clap It is inspiring to see what everyone is doing and how different everything is. :hook Ya'll ROCK!

It's been ages since I've been here and am doing a little reading this am to see whats going on. I make scarfs all the time, this is a cute idea.

I think of blue for January, it's so cold here in Central Ohio, people are blue from the cold. The sky is crisp and very blue on days when it's clear, and I picked up a Caron pound of blue the other day; or rather several pounds jumped into my cart wanting to come home with me from JoAnne's. I know you all know what I mean by that. It was a good sale, normally 7.99 on sale for 4.99. I found several pounds in my cart.

Hope you all had a nice holiday season,

Sandy

and I picked up a Caron pound of blue the other day; or rather several pounds jumped into my cart wanting to come home with me from JoAnne's.

Now see? I told my husband that yarn jumps into the buggy all by itself but he doesn't believe me. :rolleyes:lol

Now see? I told my husband that yarn jumps into the buggy all by itself but he doesn't believe me. :rolleyes:lol

Silly hubby, he just doesn't understand. :devil, we here do though! Hubby just shakes his head when he sees me carrying in more yarn.

I keep telling him how much money I'm saving...he says un hun:hook

Judy, I love your scarf - it looks very snuggly!!

I finished my 2nd January scarf last night at a football party, but a friend who was there thought she needed it more than me...so I sold it to her! Didn't get a picture of it, but I used the Vanna's Choice in Silver Blue and an off white (don't know the brand but it was a bit fuzzier than the Vannas)...I did it in long stripes and did long blue fringe. Maybe she'll let me take a pic of it...

Judy, I love your scarf - it looks very snuggly!!

I finished my 2nd January scarf last night at a football party, but a friend who was there thought she needed it more than me...so I sold it to her! Didn't get a picture of it, but I used the Vanna's Choice in Silver Blue and an off white (don't know the brand but it was a bit fuzzier than the Vannas)...I did it in long stripes and did long blue fringe. Maybe she'll let me take a pic of it...

Thanks...

Vanna yarn makes great scarves...I made a couple with it for Christmas 07. Kuddos on making a sale!:clap

Archived