The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The stitch is a mix of dc and sc crochet I made from the Crochet Today magazine the issue was from Nov/Dec working on February's scarf now taking a break from my squares

ooo yes...i have that magazine....that was the one they featured all those scarfs and hats!! hmmmm i'll have to do that for my february scarf pattern.

ooo jessica...very pretty. I love the way the varigateds came out in the pattern!! I love blue. Its so icy looking especially when the moon shines on the snow at night.

When I lived in DE, we used to play in the snow late at night....it wasn't usually windy, and it was so still and calm. And thats what I remember, the blue tint of the snow from the moon reflecting the dark sky onto it....absolutely beautiful. And i felt so small in the field - all there was was the sky, the moon & stars, and snow. :sigh breathtaking

Hi ladies:

Well finally finished my scarf for january... I used a pattern from one of our own members here at the ville she named it the HDC curly Q's scarf..

Great scarf and I used Simply soft blue for the center and then i did a edging of white and did the curly q's in white to resemble icicles...

003-3.jpg

it looks sort of sea green here in the photo but really its a lovely blue.

I will see if i can make another one for this month too as i got some shades of blues and white and would like to use them colors like darski did to make another scarf for this month..

If i get it done in time I will post photos when done.

hugs

Lillibet

Love all the scarves! I finished my January scarf (for my dd) and will try to figure out how to post the pic later when I have a chance. Working on a second Jan scarf for me this time!

ooo jessica...very pretty. I love the way the varigateds came out in the pattern!! I love blue. Its so icy looking especially when the moon shines on the snow at night.

When I lived in DE, we used to play in the snow late at night....it wasn't usually windy, and it was so still and calm. And thats what I remember, the blue tint of the snow from the moon reflecting the dark sky onto it....absolutely beautiful. And i felt so small in the field - all there was was the sky, the moon & stars, and snow. :sigh breathtaking

I used to live about 15 minutes from DE in Federalsburg, MD. I do remember tohose calm winter nights... Especially when we had the ice storm in the '90s. It was just so peaceful and as you said.. breathtaking..

I agree, Jessica's scarf is a perfect representation of that experience :)

Hi everyone- everybodies scarves look wonderful! I have just finished my scarves for Jan. The blue/black one reminds me of the cold dark Jan nights. The other one is made with a strand of white baby yarn and some light blue Glittery yarn- snow and ice. I using this CAL to bust through some stash and I'm donating the scarves to a local shelter. I also made a mathching hat for the blue/black scarf but I didn't get a picture of that.

I'm going to start thinking about a theme/color for next month now.

th_066.jpg

I just found this free flower/leaf pattern while cruising Rachel's Saturday morning offerings. it might be useful in designing scarves for the monthly flowers

http://www.crochetdoilies.com/crochet_spring_flower.html

Link to Rachel's Newbies this week...

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/new_patterns.php

Edited to include another flower motif... this one reminds me of a poppy with it's red and black look

http://theknittedcupcake.wordpress.com/2009/01/04/springtime-tulips/

The poppy is an alternate for August

I have to add that I am just loving all these scarves. I admit that Hats are my first love in crochet but scarves have really taken over another spot in my :bheart

Mary Ann both scarves are nice but your "Snow and Ice" catches my eye. :hug

I used to live about 15 minutes from DE in Federalsburg, MD. I do remember tohose calm winter nights... Especially when we had the ice storm in the '90s. It was just so peaceful and as you said.. breathtaking..

I agree, Jessica's scarf is a perfect representation of that experience :)

:eek I lived near Reliance!!!! Just outside of Seaford. How long ago did you live there?? I grew up 2 miles toward Galestown, and when I got married I lived on Line Road (that takes you to Galestown). Wow...that is sooo cool. I remember that ice-storm...we had to go stay at my moms...the kids were little and we had no electric (so no water, no heat) for 4 days. Remember that February back in the late 90s or so where we had like 8-12" snow every couple weeks?? Those days were so much fun!!

I just found this free flower/leaf pattern while cruising Rachel's Saturday morning offerings. it might be useful in designing scarves for the monthly flowers

http://www.crochetdoilies.com/crochet_spring_flower.html

Wow...this is really pretty! The yellow one looks like a daffodil. That would be great for March!!

Edited to include another flower motif... this one reminds me of a poppy with it's red and black look

http://theknittedcupcake.wordpress.com/2009/01/04/springtime-tulips/

The poppy is an alternate for August

:yes Yep...it sure does! Thanks for the links...i have them saved!!

Thanks for the links...i have them saved!!

I just posted a pic of my January scarf on photobucket. I made the scarf for my 2.5 yo dd but of course, she won't put it on :P that little stinker:devil

I made it from this pattern on Ravelry and here is the link for the pattern:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ruffled-toddler-scarflette

Worked up so quick and is so cute!

:eek I lived near Reliance!!!! Just outside of Seaford. How long ago did you live there?? I grew up 2 miles toward Galestown, and when I got married I lived on Line Road (that takes you to Galestown). Wow...that is sooo cool. I remember that ice-storm...we had to go stay at my moms...the kids were little and we had no electric (so no water, no heat) for 4 days. Remember that February back in the late 90s or so where we had like 8-12" snow every couple weeks?? Those days were so much fun!!

Wow, we were practically next door neighbors! We moved to Feds'bg in March of '93 from Balto. What a wonderful change of pace! We loved it. We lived on Liberty Rd just down from Uncle Willies. Our back yard butted up against the plastic plant. We lived there for over 8 years, then moved to Hurlock and then Ridgely, then Severn, the somehow ended up in Missouri! LOL I used to drive through Reliance at least a few times a week to visit a friend near Sharptown. In fact, we looked at a house in Reliance but ended up in Hurlock instead...

Oh boy do I remember that ice storm! And the snow (I have some pics around here somewhere of it!) We didn't have electric either during the ice storm but we were in a really old house with ancient oil burners for heat and a propane stove so we didn't need the power for heat or cooking so we stayed put at home. Our back porch served as a refrigerator! LOL We did a lot of family bonding that week. Lots of talking and playing cards and board games. LOL It's funny how you can look back at something like that and think "those were the days," huh? :manyheart Good memories indeed.

Archived