The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

All right. Just finished this scarf. Well, it would have been finished a couple of days ago but I put it down and didn't get back to it till today. It was amazingly easy, although I did end up putting the flowers on different sides of the scarf! Oh well, hehe, it's for me anyway so no one has to know.

MY dh and I thought it reminded us of slushy january snow, that's been out for a while. You know, that stuff you try to avoid stepping it! :lol

3171161487_37492da12f_m.jpg

3171161823_d96e731f98_m.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started mine. I am using homespun but am thinking of frogging it and going with WW instead. Boy is it hard to work with. I'll give it one more day since it is also knit and I'm not sure if it's the knitting or the homespun I'm actually having a problem with.

Absolutely it is ok (Amy too :hug ). I figure we have the whole month to make whatever scarves we can.

I have been considering making a scarf for each flower so a carnation scarf may yet appear.

I will be praying for your son. i like the idea of tying each month to a family member or friend.

:yay Thank you so much!!!

I'm going to get started right away!

I have the yarn I want to use.... just not sure which pattern.

This is going to be fun therapy for me!

Thank you darski for you prayers for my son!!! He's my little hero!

:heart

:mug

I started mine. I am using homespun but am thinking of frogging it and going with WW instead. Boy is it hard to work with. I'll give it one more day since it is also knit and I'm not sure if it's the knitting or the homespun I'm actually having a problem with.

When I use Homespun I go up at least one hook size..maybe that'll work the same for knitting??

:gallery

I have everybodys scarves uploaded into Photobucket (password 12scarves)

We have 14 so far...

:cheer:clap:yay:applause:tup:dance:2rock:cheer

:photo you can also upload your pics right to this photobucket account (log-in info is in bottom of Post#1). There are "albums" set up for each month.

Easy-peasy to do, just copy & paste pic url (web address for your pic) from your photo account (photobucket, flickr, picaso, blog, myspace, facebook, etc.) into the upload photo from web url in the above photobucket account...wa-la...your pic is there!!

The scarf I'm working on now will be my own design and if I like the end result, I will post on the original free pattern forum; so far I'm liking it. I have one pattern repeat done so we'll see how it goes.

I just posted my latest scarf on my blog - its not really a January scarf, but I thought I'd share it anyway. It was supposed to be my dd's Christmas present...but its a little late. I really don't like working with black, but i am very pleased with how it turned out. I used Bernat Satin Sport in black & cream, and then the fuzzy part is Lion Moonlight Mohair. I'm so glad its finished!! :yay

I just posted my latest scarf on my blog - its not really a January scarf, but I thought I'd share it anyway. It was supposed to be my dd's Christmas present...but its a little late. I really don't like working with black, but i am very pleased with how it turned out. I used Bernat Satin Sport in black & cream, and then the fuzzy part is Lion Moonlight Mohair. I'm so glad its finished!! :yay

I love that black scarf. I agree that black is difficult to work with but it is so worth it when it is done.

Loved your blog.

:ty

I just updated my blog yesterday...had a bit of help from DD...she's a myspace addict, and is pretty good with html coding and stuff. I'm trying to learn, but thats something you have to do more often to grasp it...at least with me anyway.... :hook i'd rather be crocheting!!

Teakacee I think that's right, I remember you from my comfortghan thread. Hope your son is doing well as can be. Love everyone's scarfs so far. I am thinking now that my january scarf should be grey, but I don't have a pattern yet for that. I will have to look again. I have everything else picked out through june.

Teakacee I think that's right, I remember you from my comfortghan thread. Hope your son is doing well as can be. Love everyone's scarfs so far.quote]

Thank you so much dear! Appreciate your concern! Michael is hangin' tough ... I say this all the time... but its true... He's my little super hero! His protien levels are still high... but they are moving down... so thats a good sign.

I found a pattern that I have never used before for this months scarf... I'm about 20 rows into it now... and its lookin' good!

:heart

:mug

I am new to the forum so Hello Everyone :waving

I just started crocheting a few weeks ago and this will be my very first CAL :clap:crocheting

SANY1988-1.jpg

My scarf for January is just a simple one ( SC ) but I chose a soft Homespun yarn in Colonial and it turned out really soft and cozy.

This one is going to be sent to Scarves from the Heart. Can't wait to get started on next month's :yarn

I am new to the forum so Hello Everyone :waving

I just started crocheting a few weeks ago and this will be my very first CAL :clap:crocheting

SANY1988-1.jpg

My scarf for January is just a simple one ( SC ) but I chose a soft Homespun yarn in Colonial and it turned out really soft and cozy.

This one is going to be sent to Scarves from the Heart. Can't wait to get started on next month's :yarn

Welcome to the Ville and to our CAL. :hug

very pretty scarf. I just love blue.:manyheart

Here's my January scarf. To me, January is cold and gray. If we get snow (which is not often) it quickly turns slushy, gray, and black. Sometimes we will get ice, but that is rare too. I used Vanna's Choice in Silver Blue, Silver Gray, and Charcoal Print. The pattern is the speed hook hooded scarf from Lionbrand.

th_paterns013.jpg

Archived