The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

I don't have a problem with knitted scarves at all. if that represents a month (or all months) to you then go for it.

I am planning to post a pic of a knitted bias scarf that I have that is perfect for the Garnet gemstone for January.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, I redid the group settings and I believe that you can now post pics

this is the password

croscarves2009

and this is the addy

http://gs80.photobucket.com/groups/j164/CKKZLJ7I3L/

could someone please try to post a pic and see if it works? :think

When it works, I will post it in the first post

yeah it works I haven't posted any of my work I complete because I don't want to create an account

I'm in and love the monthly theme idea.

I'm new to Crochetville and have gotten back into crocheting since my move 2 years ago from Florida to the mountains of NE Alabama. I am making all my Christmas gifts next year and having scarves available to give on short notice for any occasion or to donate sounds like fun!

Here's a link to one I made my sister for Christmas. http://crochetmagazine.com/freepat_pdf/threads_compassion.pdf It makes up quickly and is really a nice pattern. I made mine out of Caron Eco yarn in a natural color.

I don't create designs but sure do appreciate all the talent of the one's who do and share! :crocheting:cheer:cheer

I love this pattern! thank you so much for sharing the link...I will definitely give this one a try today!!

I love the oceans of blue scarf! is very pretty! I can see how it would have been a challenge to line up the shells but it was well worth it!

I've got about 3ft done on my scarf currently. I want it to be 6 or so I think so i'm about 50% done

How long to all of you make your scarves? I am making these to give away so i'd like to have a general idea of what people like, Thanks!

I most always, unless it is for a child go about 72 inches. I like my scarfs long so that I can wrap them around my face a couple of times. I think there is another post (don't remember what number) that someone talks about how long she makes hers.

It would seem that some people are still not happy with the photobucket album as it is set up. If anyone wants to set up yet another account please do so but I really do not want to even hear the name photobucket again.

I will be posting all my pics here. Y'all are free to do what you want.

This was supposed to be just a bit of fun each month.

It would seem that some people are still not happy with the photobucket album as it is set up. If anyone wants to set up yet another account please do so but I really do not want to even hear the name photobucket again.

I will be posting all my pics here. Y'all are free to do what you want.

This was supposed to be just a bit of fun each month.

I'll be posting here, too....can't be bothered going through all that other stuff, though I DO have my own P********** account;)

looked at drop stitch patterns today but I don't like them. Can't find the one that was there before, with a skeleton in the ends of the scarf, maybe that was a crochet one. May make one where the drop stitch pattern gets wider then narrower to make a diamond shape on the ends. It will take some figuring out. Anyone knows what one I am talking about? with the skeleton designs on the end of the scarf done in drop stitch or maybe treble crochet?

I posted the very simple pattern for my Icicles Scarf here if you want to try it. It is very simple to make but you should know the Foundation Double Crochet Stitch to make it,

@ snapdragon, I don't recall any skeletons anywhere so I can't help you there.

Might I ask how they fit into January? :think

Okay...after talking to Darski, I set up a NEW account in Photobucket just for this CAL.

You will be able to post your works each month, and you don't need to sign-up individually in order to post pictures. You will be able to upload pictures from your computer, your email account, your cell phone, or from another source on the internet.

Here is the information:

Photobucket Login

(link takes you to the login screen)

Username: Cville12scarves2009cal

Password: 12scarves

There are separate albums for each month to keep them better organized. You can choose to post pictures here or there, but by using the Photobucket account, it will make it easier to view everyone's work, instead of having to search through pages and pages of posts.

Darski, will you copy the info above for the account and place in the first post? (Thank you)

Ha, I guess they don't just remembered drop stitches in the pattern. I think that scarf would be better for halloween. Maybe I will wait for halloween to do that one. I think I am trying the drop stitch pattern in black because January is dreary and black is a dreary color. Already picked out my one for march and feburary I think. And some for summer. Printed the patterns yesterday. I finished two neck warmers my husband made yesterday and one today and now to do the one for my daughter, I did that one. I have till the end of january right? You guys are quick. I am still working on christmas gifts for an upcoming party!

Well it is now New Years day here in New Zealand so as soon as I have finished here I will sort out something from my stash and get started. As it is summer here I have plenty of choice with lots of flowers in my garden. As my theme will be colours from my garden

This CAL sounds like fun and a good fun easy project for every month. Maybe by the end of the year I will at least own one scarf for myself and not give every one away! :lol Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. :hook

I am including this scarf as it is a beautiful garnet scarf in honour of the birthstone for January. you can get a hint of the glitter in the pic but it really is like holding a liquid garnet in your hands. This scarf is going to my aunt tomorrow so I have to post today. :wlol

janscarf2-2.jpg

This is one of those purely decorative scarves as it is small (one skein) and not warm by any stretch of the imagination.

BTW.. I did post the information for the new account for those who wish to post pics there. it is in the beginning post just before the links and the information people posted about each month.

Darski, that is a beautiful scarf - you can see the sparkle, and i love the color.

i saw where you had added the link yesterday...thank you!

Happy New Year everybody!!

Here's the scarf I finished last night. As I mentioned before, Jan reminds me of the blue ice on the rock formations that I always saw on Rt 2 when traveling out to western MA to visit relatives. I used a pattern that I made up myself and used CSS light blue for the "ice" and a white edging for the snow. It's not a very long scarf as I like mine fairly short. Can't stand anything wrapped around my neck for a few reasons......Hope you like it! Here it is! I'll post it in the photobucket album too I guess :think

th_myJanscarf.jpg

I started a scarf today and was just about to start the very last row, when my hook went MIA. Of course I have tons of hooks, however due to the season, and the endless renovations in my house I can not find a single hook of any size. I am really starting to lose it. I just started crocheting again after having a broken wrist. I have a crochet itch I need to scratch............maybe I should check under the cushions on the couch again.........wish me luck.....

Archived