The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

Ok, now I am going to join my first CAL. I don't speak up much(just hid out, lurking). I have several patterns and yarn I want to try. I am really excited about this CAL, one I think I can complete. SO... Here I am! I am joining too!

Welcome aboard. This one will be easy to complete and lots of fun to boot. :wlol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Ladies and Darski:

After making over 10 scarfs as christmas gifts this year and still making some I want to join this cal as I had already said i wanted to make at least one scarf per week in 2009 so I have enough scarfs to hand out as gifts next x-mas.

Living in Upstate NY they can sure be put to great use...

I dont know if I will try and come up with themes but I sure will use lots of colors etc..

I took photos of all the ones I made for gifts and well some how I deleted them all from my folder in my files on the PC I pray my newphew can retrieve them some how when he comes up to visit...

Well I did test a scarf pattern for one of the ladies here and will use that pattern lots this coming year as well as others of other designers here..

So thanks for this fun and practical CAL.

hugs

Lillibet

Well Ladies and Darski:

After making over 10 scarfs as christmas gifts this year and still making some I want to join this cal as I had already said i wanted to make at least one scarf per week in 2009 so I have enough scarfs to hand out as gifts next x-mas.

Living in Upstate NY they can sure be put to great use...

Lillibet

:manyheartYou are most welcome here fer shure. :ghug

but... there is a Friday scarf CAL that might give you more push to meet your goal of one a week. I fully expect to make more than one a month but I like the low scale requirement for when I can't do that. :wlol

I'm with ya on this one. I love making scarfs and I have several different patterns that I've made over the years..

We could do colors for each month or designs that go with a holiday of that month I saw somewhere a smores scarf it was adorable that would be a great summer time one. I'm game for anything I've made skinny scarfs long long scarfs holiday ones, one with pockets. I love scarfs. I made a new pattern for christmas this year and I'm giving them as gifts to a bunch of people. It seems to be the easiest and fastest thing to make in a pinch if you need a gift or your kids lost the one you just bought. LOL I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with

We could do colors for each month or designs that go with a holiday of that month I saw somewhere a smores scarf it was adorable that would be a great summer time one.

I found one! is this the one you saw or should we keep looking? :yay

NOTE: you have to sign in/create an account to get the smores pattern... just so as you know :wlol

I will let you know if my spam filter needs a vacation after this. :rofl

What a terrific idea! I'm in, fer sure. How about representing each month with food? The scarf could either look like the food or just use the colors. Off the top of my head, July would have to be watermelon, August the s'mores, cranberries for November, pumpkins for October, ribbon candy for December, candy hearts for February, candied violets for May, (sorry for skipping around - this is how my head works sometimes), ice cream cones for June, Easter eggs for April... I'm drawing a blank for January, March and September - any ideas?

What a terrific idea! I'm in, fer sure. How about representing each month with food? The scarf could either look like the food or just use the colors. Off the top of my head, July would have to be watermelon, August the s'mores, cranberries for November, pumpkins for October, ribbon candy for December, candy hearts for February, candied violets for May, (sorry for skipping around - this is how my head works sometimes), ice cream cones for June, Easter eggs for April... I'm drawing a blank for January, March and September - any ideas?

Great idea! How about apples for September.. hot chocolate for January... and hmmmm.... Corned Beef & Cabbage for March??? LOL

yes that is the one I was planning to make it for my kids when we go camping this next summer so it would be a great idea I saw on that site there are some other really cute scarf ideas some are free other you have to purchase but the pone that need to be purchades I'm sure we cold just come up with a similar pattern.

I found one! is this the one you saw or should we keep looking? :yay

NOTE: you have to sign in/create an account to get the smores pattern... just so as you know :wlol

I will let you know if my spam filter needs a vacation after this. :rofl

Great idea! How about apples for September.. hot chocolate for January... and hmmmm.... Corned Beef & Cabbage for March??? LOL

And in May for "Cinco de Mayo", we can make a "taco, tostada, enchilada" scarf!!LOL :lol

I got so excited :cheerabout this CAL last night I crocheted a white scarf and I'm going to make little Christmas trees to attach to it. I'm thinking I'll make a different design for each month and attach it I'll tie them on so I can take them off I got the idea from a decoration my mom has it's a rope that hangs and it came with different plastic canvas designs and the name of the month and season you just tie them on each month. I can't wait to see what we decide to do for Jan I loves scarves. :hook

Oh I would love to do this....so count me in as well! I've been scrambling around like crazy finishing up christmas afghans that it will be a so nice to stitch something smaller. Plus it will be fun to have a different 'flavor" of scarf every month!

myscarf.jpgtmpphp9Q4DNd.jpg

Done in an airy v stitch (shades of green) with a chain running up the sides and trimed with a chain stitch loop all around in lavendar? Does it work together?

That scarf is AWESOME!!! And it really picks up the colors in the photo beautifully. Great work! :clap :clap :clap

I decided that since January is so very cold and alpaca is so very warm I just may have to design something warm and fuzzy for January. Now to see if I have any alpaca yarn. I hope so.

I agree. January is cold and I think alpaca would be great for a January scarf. In fact, I got gifted with some and hadn't decided what to make with it. Now, to find an appropriate pattern. Mine will be in soft rose. January is such a gray and white month it needs color to perk it up.

We have talked about making lighter scarves for the summer months and this pattern that Rachel posted today could be very nice for that use.:yes

I would choose a different colour if I were making it for a specific month but I like the effect.

Ok, I would be working in cheap yarns but you get the idea :think

I like this pattern a lot. I'd be using cheaper yarns also.

I went to the Lion Brand site this afternoon and looked up their free scarf patterns. I found patterns for 3 that I want to do already. There's a ruffled one that looks like a perfect pattern for January, nice and warm looking.

Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70603AD.html?noImages=

I got so excited :cheerabout this CAL last night I crocheted a white scarf and I'm going to make little Christmas trees to attach to it. I'm thinking I'll make a different design for each month and attach it I'll tie them on so I can take them off I got the idea from a decoration my mom has it's a rope that hangs and it came with different plastic canvas designs and the name of the month and season you just tie them on each month. I can't wait to see what we decide to do for Jan I loves scarves. :hook

Oh that sounds so cute! What a unique idea. I can't wait to see pictures! :clap

:clap:clap:clap

I found it!!! My yarn for January! It's light blue and white Caron Simply Soft from my stash... and I am thinking I will try the Crochet Lace Scarf on the Lion Brand site. It calls for Jiffy yarn, so I think it will work well if I do 1 strand of each color to add some interest.

Wish me luck!

I went to the Lion Brand site this afternoon and looked up their free scarf patterns. I found patterns for 3 that I want to do already. There's a ruffled one that looks like a perfect pattern for January, nice and warm looking.

Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70603AD.html?noImages=

Ooooh....I've made that one! It's super easy, and oh so pretty when it's finished. What color are you thinking of using?

I have enjoyed using this pattern from 'fuzzy galore' - I found it through crochet pattern central

http://fuzzygalore.biz/patterns/crochet_v.shtml

It is really easy because you are not crocheting back into a stitch but into a space woohoo! It looks good in looks of different wools I have made a few in mohair -look yarn and it is lovely. I am making one now in Patons Moonglow which is a lovely wool with a bit of sparkle to it. I think it is a slubby yarn - is that when the wool goes thicker and thinner? Anyway it is grey with pink and blue stripes - I will try to upload a picture.

I have some white mohair-look yarn which I might use for the January scarf.

Ooooh....I've made that one! It's super easy, and oh so pretty when it's finished. What color are you thinking of using?

Kim and I went yarn shopping today. I'm making one for me and one for Kim. Mine will be in Barrington Homespun (a deep purple and deep turquoise mix) and Kim's is in Sierra Homespun (a sandy color with pinks, golds, and light turquoise in the mix.)

Kim is the lady I am a companion/caregiver for and she appears in lots of my posts. Her husband is John. He's deer hunting this weekend, so we are having a girls' weekend here and wrapping presents, making marmalade, etc.

I've got patterns picked out for February and March from the Lion Brand site, too. I got the yarn for them today, too. I don't know that my carves have a theme to fit the month, they are patterns I really liked the look of and want to make. The one for January was picked because it looked warm and fun.

Archived