The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

Hi, all!

I think this will go nicely with the stashbusting 2009 group... I would like to join, just to hold myself to trying the stack of patterns I have that I never seem to "get around to"!

... sounds like fun!:hook I M in!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cheer:clap:yay I think I want to join in on this one too. Seems like a lot of fun!!!! I have tons of scarf patterns that I want to make, but just haven't got around to them yet. I just hope that I can keep up, as school starts back in January :( and I don't always get to do as much :crocheting as I would like but would love to give it a try :D. I have a nice stash of yarn and many colors that remind of the months.

Is this going to start in January of "09 and can we use free patterns or patterns we have in books, I am not talented enough to design????

Absolutely. use whatever patterns you want. This is def a low maintenance CAL.

It has occurred to me that it would be nice if people could explain the choices they make for each month when you post a pic but that is not needed either.

Alpaca sounds wonderful for January.......:c9

Well I thought it would be a very good idea since it is increadably warm but I think I am out. Aurgh! I am still looking through my stash. Even if I dont have any I can still make the design floating in my head.

I have lots of Marble yarn in my stash (different colors, too) - I think that'll make beautiful scarves!

Me too! And now Red Heart sells something very similar to it, almost identical. I've seen it at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. It does make great scarves, very soft and cozy.. even with a smaller hook. :wgrin

This brings up an interesting aside to this CAL. To be honest, I tend to think of scarves in terms of colour and maybe pattern or motif. I live in a cold climate so scarves are by definition "warm" in my little pea brain. However we do have those boiling months where something light is better but can keep off a summer's evening chill as well.

I like the consideration of the warmth that we will gain by this exercise.

And of course the whole thing will be totally :2rock (akk.. we don't have a 'cool" smilie :( )

I would love to see a scarf from this pic. Love the image. :hug

Welcome aboard to the scarf lovers everywhere.

myscarf.jpgtmpphp9Q4DNd.jpg

Done in an airy v stitch (shades of green) with a chain running up the sides and trimed with a chain stitch loop all around in lavendar? Does it work together?

Done in an airy v stitch (shades of green) with a chain running up the sides and trimed with a chain stitch loop all around in lavendar? Does it work together?

Oh Wow!!!!

I love that scarf. It perfectly portrays the image. :drool

Thank you for posting that. Oh wow!:c9

I would definately love to join this. But I am not a warm weather scarf person..

I think I will use colors for the month.. but create them for colder months. make them for next Christmas, or even for charity.

I have so much stash I could open a Yarn store!

Howdy Darski.

I somehow missed this thread :blush

I love making scarves so I of course I am joining this CAL. I will probably use the birthstone colors for my scarves. I know, not very original, but my little pea brain seems to be missing the creative section lately. Guess the cold weather has frozen my creativity :lol

Howdy Darski.

I somehow missed this thread :blush

I love making scarves so I of course I am joining this CAL. I will probably use the birthstone colors for my scarves. I know, not very original, but my little pea brain seems to be missing the creative section lately. Guess the cold weather has frozen my creativity :lol

I plan on using that info for a couple of my scarves as well. Glad you found your way in here. anyone who loves scarves is a good friend of mine :wlol

The colors look great together. What an awesome representation of that picture! :clap I love it!

I plan on using that info for a couple of my scarves as well. Glad you found your way in here. anyone who loves scarves is a good friend of mine :wlol

I have about 20 or so in my personal collection. And I couldn't begin to say how many I have given as gifts, to different charities or been commissioned to make some for someone.

Whenever I find yarn I like but haven't used, I buy a skein and make a scarf with it. Then I wear it for a while to see how it holds up. If it holds up with no fuzzing or pilling, I buy more to make something else with it.

Quality control at it's finest :wgrin

:hug Thank you for your kind comments on my scarf. I had so much fun making it. I can hardly wait till January to see what colors I can come up with my next picture. :hook I am really excited to see all the lovely scarves coming up! Some great themes are popping up from everyone. I also like the idea of mixing your personal themes. :yay Cheers

That scarf is perfect for that picture Woomba!

I am making a blue scarf for my moms boyfriend. Using dc, fpdc, & bpdc. I dunno if I want to write up a pattern for it or not. The first time I actually used fpdc & bpdc to create a ribbing effect.

Would love to see your scarf when done Jessicagil. I have done fpdc and bpdc before and it can do a lovely ribbing effect. Should look very pretty when done. :hook

Ok, now I am going to join my first CAL. I don't speak up much(just hid out, lurking). I have several patterns and yarn I want to try. I am really excited about this CAL, one I think I can complete. SO... Here I am! I am joining too!

Archived