The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have decided to use "mile- a- minute"patterns, trying to match pattern and/or color to the months

January color - Confetti-- to honor the News Year celebrations!!

(actually it's RH Kooky- white ,but really reminds me of confetti)

the pattern is a "plain" granny mile- a -minute

I would like to join in too. Over the past couple of years or so I have been knitting scarves for sale and for gifts. So now my challenge for myself is to crochet at least one scarf each month. My colour scheme will be a colour of a flower in my garden each month. If there is any month with no flowers I can then do brown or greens. I have a large stash of yarn to use. I could almost start up my own yarn shop. Best wishes to you all for 2009

Can we have a subthread on here to post pics of scarves for easy viewing?? With so many people on this CAL, it would be nice to be able to view everybody's scarves easily!!

I cheated...i already made my january scarf, and i made a hat to match....

(all are clicky pics)

th_001-Copy3.jpg

th_002-Copy4.jpg

th_122.jpg

:devil the yarn was calling me...and i needed a break :yes from Christmas presents.

I have decided to use "mile- a- minute"patterns, trying to match pattern and/or color to the months

January color - Confetti-- to honor the News Year celebrations!!

(actually it's RH Kooky- white ,but really reminds me of confetti)

the pattern is a "plain" granny mile- a -minute

i love the confettil yarn I used it last year to make a scarf with pockets it turned out really cute and it was really warm

I am not sure how one could set up a sub thread for pics... if you can do so have at it.

I too just completed my "Hat of the Week" which is a match for my January Scarf. (great minds and all that) I'll try to get a pic posted.

I couldn't wait for January either. I have done a ruffled scarf for Kim and I like the pattern so well I'm going to do another one for me and one for my daughter. Each one uses 1 skein of Lion Brand Homespun yarn. My starting chain is slightly longer than the pattern calls for, because on Kim's I ran out with about 8" to go. :blush I'll post a picture before too long.

Hi- Is it too late to join this CAL? My sister has asked me to make some scarves and hats for a homeless shelter her church supports. I'm hoping this will keep me on track and help me to get rid of some of my stash.:cheer

I started making a hooded scarf for January. My hubby picked a baby blue for it, because January reminds him of blue for some reason. I am starting early as it will probably take me a while to do it, and I didn't have anything else motivating me right now. I was going to do a mock up because I didn't have anything Januaryish color in mind, but I will go with hubby's suggestion as it is out of my stash.

I started making a hooded scarf for January. My hubby picked a baby blue for it, because January reminds him of blue for some reason. I am starting early as it will probably take me a while to do it, and I didn't have anything else motivating me right now. I was going to do a mock up because I didn't have anything Januaryish color in mind, but I will go with hubby's suggestion as it is out of my stash.

I was just thinking of blue for Jan because of the ice I see along Rt 2 on the rock formations, lol! I always loved going to western MA in the winter because of the blue in the ice!

Welcome aboard all. Scarves are becoming my second addiction... after hats that is and it seems that they are growing in popularity around here as well.

I need to post a pic of my hat in the hat CAL so i may post the pic here as well. Just have to get the pic taken... :sigh

I'll try to get the pattern written up... not that it is brain surgery or anything like that. :wlol

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one eager to start! I'm doing a tunsian knit stitch for my January scarf and it is slow coming. :reyes However, I am in love with it already and wish it was just plain done with so I can wear it. It's very soft and squishy and looks that the perfect classic knitted scarf that I can never get myself around to making. I'm really glad now that I found this yarn, PAton's lacette in white, at the dollar three. I managed to get three skeins of it for $1 each!

Here's a picture of it as it sits right now, and sadly I don't know how soon another one will be able to get up since my computer (I'm using DH right now) has a particularly nasty virus on it that the only way to solve is with reformating the whole thing and money is a little tight right now for us to get a copy of vista, since we.... well... lost our copy of xp. Ooops

3118127924_866be28ef6_m.jpg

Ok joining. My first scarf for january will be black because january is dreary. But it's knit. Looking for one yet with those wrap stitches. Don't know what to call those stitches but I know how to do them. For my daughter, to go with her hand warmers with those stitches in it. It's garter stitch and double wrapped stitches across the hands. I have an idea for a spring one in knitcrosheen or another thin yarn. I will probably go with knitcrosheen. I have another scarf I have to do for me, but it's in fall colors. I am making it early though because I want it to go with a shirt I have with a hat to match it. Any one know of a pattern that is a cross between a shawl and a scarf? Other wise I will go with a pattern on crochetpatterncentral I found of an extra long scarf that's a bit wide. It's hard for me to wear what I make because I am afraid of the response I will get. But I have got nothing but good response for the hat I made from a pattern by Dot. Strangers comment on it all the time. Ooh, there is a hat Cal!?

Archived