The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

I thought of something else how about flowers for each person's birth month for example:

January- carnation(pink)

February-Iris (purple)

March-daffodil (yellow)

April- daisy (white or pink)

May- lilly (white)

June- rose (

July- larkspur

August- gladiola

September-aster

October-Calendula

November- Chrysanthemum

December- narcissus

not sure on the other colors had to look up birth flowers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just thinking of a scarf with a gladioli look to it for the August attempt. I think I might like that one better than the one I had been thinking of trying.

I really like that idea ...hmmm :think

I am thinking that I have maybe not been clear about the intent for this CAL. the idea is that we will each make (at least) one scarf in each month -> during that month<- that expresses how you see the month.

I already made my January scarf, well maybe one more row :wlol and I am working on the icy blue icicles theme because that is my January experience :sigh My MIL once painted a winter snow scene called Midnight Winter and I loved that little pic. It has stayed with me as an influence all these years. That is my January.

I am still up in the air about Feb though. I would like to do something that mirrors the dress I made for Dora

I made my January scarf ahead of time so that I can post a pattern on Jan. 2nd I was not planning to work ahead for most months. Just want to see what comes down the pike. However, as noted in my last note, I am going to start designing a gladiolus scarf to see if I can make it work or not.

This sounds like great fun...would love to participate...are you thinking textural designs (only the stitches in a one-piece unit) and/or motif designs?...looking forward to this project already...thank you, darski

I expect every one to be different from any other. I plan to use every technique that I know including motifs, stitches and the use of colour. My Glads will likely be a 3D scarf and I am now debating a closure or tie effect. January is just rows of colour with a bit of an effect on the ends.

June might just use a motif ... :think

I just finished seven scarves and hats for charity. I would love to join in a scarf cal. Then maybe I could get the hats done as I go along for next year? I have never done any designing except for scarves and the I just look at a pattern I like. I plan on getting some camoflauge (sp) yarn so that I can make sure I don't leave out the little boys next year.

I'll TRY to remember to keep checking in, lol. I have an extreme case of CRS (can't remember stuff).

Bonnie Re :D

I expect every one to be different from any other. I plan to use every technique that I know including motifs, stitches and the use of colour. My Glads will likely be a 3D scarf and I am now debating a closure or tie effect. January is just rows of colour with a bit of an effect on the ends.

June might just use a motif ... :think

I am really looking forward to this... Can't wait to see what you come up with. I wish I had the talent to design.

Well, I am now trying to figure out how to make a shawl that includes a daffodil flower. for some reason, I keep thinking that belongs in this CAL. Oh, well we shall see what comes from this.

Oh yeah and this is a bump to keep this on page one :wlol

This sounds like fun! I hope to be able to express each month as I see it in my new country downunder. Queensland Should be interesting this year as we have had some great rain and this month you see every shade of green with wild clover (lavendar) in the paddocks...at least I was told that it was wild clover. Absolurely beautiful. Can hardly wait to see what January looks like. I have only seen Queensland in a Droughty type condition so I am really enjoying all the new bold colors. There was color but I am seeing some new colors now. I may take a picture of a scene in that month and make a scarf in the colors that I love about that scene.

tmpphp9Q4DNd.jpg

I may take a picture of a scene in that month and make a scarf in the colors that I love about that scene.

tmpphp9Q4DNd.jpg

I would love to see a scarf from this pic. Love the image. :hug

Welcome aboard to the scarf lovers everywhere.

This sounds like fun! I like the idea of making scarves for the finished gift basket. Count me in!

just looked at this post and looked twice to see that there are probably more people in this group named Faith other than me wow!!!!!!

just looked at this post and looked twice to see that there are probably more people in this group named Faith other than me wow!!!!!!

My middle name is Faith, if that counts. :lol

Ok, I have been thinking about this one for a while- I am in! :clap Can never have too many scarves.

funny thing is that I am making a scarf at this moment but it is just to 'go with' a beret I made to use up a skein of yarn.

...although it is making me think of spring and new leaves coming out of the cold earth. I think this is going to happen a lot over this CAL. I will begin to see each scarf as a part of the year and where it would fit.

Welcome aboard all our new scarf lovers. :ghug

I was just thinking of a scarf with a gladioli look to it for the August attempt. I think I might like that one better than the one I had been thinking of trying.

I really like that idea ...hmmm :think

Oh, I can't wait for August now! It is my birth month and Glads are also one of my favorite flowers. :manyheart Can't wait to see what you come up with!

I have been thinking about joining. I don't wear scarves & I know of no one else does around me. But grannyannie always needs them. And what better way to make sure I send her at least 12. :D I also have 3 scarf design - 2 of which I need to write up & get tested.

Here is what I think each month means to me.

January - white & light blue. Its not snowy here but it is in Big Bear & looking north east from where I live Big Bear Mtn looks so majestic.

February - Pink, red, & party colors. Valentines & many birthdays.

march - pastels. Easter (sometimes) and new flowers.

May - Purple. Lupus awareness month.

June - Blue. School is out & there is a lot of water play. Blue is the color of boy which my 2nd oldest claims on his birthday in June.

July - Red, White, & Blue. Fireworks for us in the US. It also reminds me that down under it's winter.

August - Dark colors such as burgandy & burnt prange. Summer will never end.

September - Basic colors. It's when school really gets underway. Black to as my sons & my birthday is in Sept & our fave color is black.

October - Black, orange, & White for halloween. Pink for breast cancer awareness.

November - Brown, orange, white, black... Thanksgiving colors.

December - green & red. Christmas & trees.

August - Dark colors such as burgandy & burnt prange. Summer will never end.

It certainly seems that it won't this year!! :lol But they say it is supposed to be in the upper 50's next week! We will see if that really happens.

Archived