The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

I went to the Lion Brand site this afternoon and looked up their free scarf patterns. I found patterns for 3 that I want to do already. There's a ruffled one that looks like a perfect pattern for January, nice and warm looking.

Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70603AD.html?noImages=

I really like the look of that one. I'm not sure when I could use it as a monthly theme but there must be a way. :think

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been catching up on all the excitement. You guys are an active group. I'm glad. I haven't started anything yet. I trying to finish up last minute Christmas presents.

As for what I'm going to do each month, I don't plan that far ahead...ever.:D

I started Kim's January Scarf tonight. The pattern is really simple and I feel brain-dead, so it's about all I can handle at the moment. Sent off 5 packages today and spent most of yesterday and today wrapping presents for those boxes. One box had just one thing in it and was the biggest box. A Tonka Scoop Shovel for my grandson that wouldn't fit in with the rest of the things going to DDs house.

Oh my I am tempted to join - but I am thinking about knitting a scarf each month just so I can get some practice and improve my knitting skills in the next year. It would likely take me a month to knit a scarf :lol

Can I still hop aboard even if I will be using two pointy sticks for several of the scarves??

Oh my I am tempted to join - but I am thinking about knitting a scarf each month just so I can get some practice and improve my knitting skills in the next year. It would likely take me a month to knit a scarf :lol

Can I still hop aboard even if I will be using two pointy sticks for several of the scarves??

Absolutely... My reckoning is that as long as you get one scarf a month that portrays that month - you are in. Welcome aboard. :hug

Some of mine may also be :knit and it will likely take a month to do it for me too. :wlol

:thair I ran out of yarn with only 6-8 inches to go! :grump I'll have to get another skein after John gets back. :grumpy Oh, well, the next one will just have a slightly shorter starting chain. :irk It is pretty. I'm frustrated!

:thair I ran out of yarn with only 6-8 inches to go! :grump I'll have to get another skein after John gets back. :grumpy Oh, well, the next one will just have a slightly shorter starting chain. :irk It is pretty, but I'm frustrated!

I think that I may join in too. I would probably have to find somewhere to donate mine to since it's only cold here for a few days in the winter. This sounds like it would be fun.

I would guess that the friends of Pine Ridge would be very happy to have them... there is a link somewhere here on the Ville for that

or, you could send them to a chaplain on a military base and he/she could pass them out to little ones who might want or need them.

I might join this CAL but I am toying between choosing a giftee per month (maybe based on birthdays) or to make a scarf each for the kids at work for Christmas. Maybe I will do both lol. I don't have much crochet time, but scarves are a good carry along pattern. The month of May for me will probably be baby puke and poopoo colored, brown or green and off white :rofl

I might join this CAL but I am toying between choosing a giftee per month (maybe based on birthdays) or to make a scarf each for the kids at work for Christmas. Maybe I will do both lol. I don't have much crochet time, but scarves are a good carry along pattern. The month of May for me will probably be baby puke and poopoo colored, brown or green and off white :rofl

Just go with whatever floats your boat.... um you wouldn't need to post a pic of that one though :nahnah

:rofl

WOW! This is a busy group, lol! I was without power for almost a week and now that I'm back there is so much to catch up on! Looks like we've had a lot of new folks join in :yay! I haven't picked out my pattern for Jan yet, still worrying about Christmas presents, but I'll get there. I have made 23 scarves in the past 21 days though, lol!:hook

I just bought some nice snowy white Jiffy yarn for my January scarf... I still don't know what pattern I will use, but the white Jiffy just looked so perfectly like the newly fallen snow we get here in Jan I couldn't resist it. :hook

:eekgrannieannie you have been a busy little bee!!! What type of patterns did you use for your scarves you made?

LOL!, very simple ones!:lol Mostly simple 2 strand DC, some v-stitch, some a simple pattern I made up. Being without power for 6 days and working by lantern light, I needed to be able to work on things I knew and could do by feel if need be, lol! I checked them and surprisingly they all look pretty good!:clap

Archived