The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if we'd be allowed to use the photobucket account from the Round Ripple CAL. We could create our own folder and put all our scarves in there.

Login at the top right corner with the following

information:

username crochetvilleroundripplecal

password ripple

Link: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1134064&postcount=1

Just a thought.

Anyway, I'm very excited to get started! :cheer

It might be simpler to set up a Yahoo group with public viewing for pics. Let me see if it can be done. There have been problems with the groups lately but it might be easier than playing with photobucket for multiple users.

It might be simpler to set up a Yahoo group with public viewing for pics. Let me see if it can be done. There have been problems with the groups lately but it might be easier than playing with photobucket for multiple users.

Yahoo groups have been so much trouble lately. The photobucket account has already been setup with one user name and one password.

I wish there was some tried and true way to share our photos without searching long threads. :think

I tried to post but it flipped out on me :rofl

I did a Y group but I can't get public viewing of pics at this point.

I have no idea how to set up photobucket for multiple users. if someone (who is not a technopeasant :blush )can set it up then feel free.

:)I can't remember if I had posted here or not, but I am definately interested in this CAL. I'm tired of all my scarves, well just about all of them, lol. And I'm looking forward to using up some of my stash and finding new patterns. All the ideas of what colors to make for each month sound good. It gives more ideas for us to choose from. I'll be looking for me January yarns soon. :cheer

I tried to post but it flipped out on me :rofl

I did a Y group but I can't get public viewing of pics at this point.

I have no idea how to set up photobucket for multiple users. if someone (who is not a technopeasant :blush )can set it up then feel free.

I know... yahoo is having "issues" lately.

The photobucket account is already setup.

Goto www.photobucket.com

Sign on using this information:

username crochetvilleroundripplecal

password ripple

Go to the folder called 12 Scarves of 2009.

Ok, I set up a group account at photobucket that is located here

http://gs80.photobucket.com/groups/j164/CKKZLJ7I3L/

I have to approve all pics that are submitted but that is for safety's sake. We don't want the whackjobs posting nasties in our album.

to be honest... I am not quite sure how this will work so I am hoping you have all put patience at the top of your New year's resolutions. :rofl

:think there doesn't seem to be a link to be able to upload photos.

Darski, when you access it, does it give you a link to upload?? If so, then you can upload from the pics that are posted on thread by using the web address for the pic, but as its set up now, it will be all on you.

If you choose to "share" the album, that might be a better solution, and I think with sharing, all you have to do is post the user name & password and we can all access it and post our own pics. :eek Might be less time consuming for you that way.

Hi everyone! I would love to join this CAL so long as no one minds that some of my scarves will actually be knit...

Some knitters have snuck in:lol

OK, I redid the group settings and I believe that you can now post pics

this is the password

croscarves2009

and this is the addy

could someone please try to post a pic and see if it works? :think

When it works, I will post it in the first post

I'm posting this here in case I can't make the group album work.

This is my icicle scarf for January 2009

janscarf1v.jpg

Will post the pattern (such as it is) tomorrow.

I have to head out to a funeral in a bit so can't say when I will get back to this today...

other pics are posted in the group album here

Now the question I have for the wise ones is ... is there a way to create sub-albums in this group album so we can set up monthly albums?

CKKZLJ7I3L

I'm posting this here in case I can't make the group album work.

This is my icicle scarf for January 2009

janscarf1v.jpg

Will post the pattern (such as it is) tomorrow.

I have to head out to a funeral in a bit so can't say when I will get back to this today...

other pics are posted in the group album here

Now the question I have for the wise ones is ... is there a way to create sub-albums in this group album so we can set up monthly albums?

CKKZLJ7I3L

Love it!! its so wintery!

I was just thinking of blue for Jan because of the ice I see along Rt 2 on the rock formations, lol! I always loved going to western MA in the winter because of the blue in the ice!

Route 2 is what made me think of lt. blue and white, too! the ice is really amazing, and I enjoy seeing it when I drive out that way to visit my sis in south-western New Hampshire... I did a double strand of Caron Simply Soft: lt. blue and white in a shell stitch... it looks like drifted icy snow (according to my neice). I finished off the skeins with a shorter scarf done in the hdc decrease stitch. I really like that one. It looks like little snowballs. Now I am thinking of the long post singles to look more like icicles... we'll see what comes out later in the week.

Welcome aboard all. it's kind of fun to do some planning while getting all the Christmas gifts and things finished up.

I'm in and love the monthly theme idea.

I'm new to Crochetville and have gotten back into crocheting since my move 2 years ago from Florida to the mountains of NE Alabama. I am making all my Christmas gifts next year and having scarves available to give on short notice for any occasion or to donate sounds like fun!

Here's a link to one I made my sister for Christmas. http://crochetmagazine.com/freepat_pdf/threads_compassion.pdf It makes up quickly and is really a nice pattern. I made mine out of Caron Eco yarn in a natural color.

I don't create designs but sure do appreciate all the talent of the one's who do and share! :crocheting:cheer:cheer

Love the pictures at the photobucket. I think I may be making some hats from Dot Matthews patterns. It's a shame that the pictures are disapearing from her site and it was impossible to search for her by the hook site, I got into it through another link for hats. But the thing about hats here, No I am not in the wrong cal, I am just in both,lol. That Dot has alot of stoles that go with her hats that can be made into scarfs. So I am thinking of trying that, for some months. Other wise I will be searching on CPC some more. And watching here for creative people. Is it ok that my first one is knit Darski? I will do crochet for the others, and i can do a crochet one for here too along with my knit one. My knit one can go back to RAD cal too. Didn't mean to sneak it in, lol. Just had alot of knitting to get done for christmas,lol.

Archived