The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I started a scarf today and was just about to start the very last row, when my hook went MIA. Of course I have tons of hooks, however due to the season, and the endless renovations in my house I can not find a single hook of any size. I am really starting to lose it. I just started crocheting again after having a broken wrist. I have a crochet itch I need to scratch............maybe I should check under the cushions on the couch again.........wish me luck.....

Oh, no! Best of luck to you finding your hook!:eek I don't know what I'd do without mine, lol!

That is really pretty.. well it's blue so you can't go wrong. :wlol

The white edging reminds me of snowdrifts over the rocks.

Thank you! Blue is one of my favorite colors, can you tell, lol!

I love both the scarves you've posted, btw, thank you for posting the pattern for the icicle scarf! Gonna try that one! :clap

I love that scarf, darski! One of these days I really am going to fully teach myself to knit. :crocheting

I have a scarf started already that I was going to use for January but I think that one will just have to be an ongoing project for me. It's done in the tunsian knit stitch and it's taking forever. So, in the mean time, I bought new yarn. My DH decided to help with this and picked out an alpaca blend. Paton's Rumor in Flannel Heather, a blue yarn yarn twisted with a creamy white. Reminded us of slushy snow when it's been there for a while! Now I just have to pick a pattern out!

I love that scarf, darski! One of these days I really am going to fully teach myself to knit. :crocheting

I have a scarf started already that I was going to use for January but I think that one will just have to be an ongoing project for me. It's done in the tunsian knit stitch and it's taking forever. So, in the mean time, I bought new yarn. My DH decided to help with this and picked out an alpaca blend. Paton's Rumor in Flannel Heather, a blue yarn yarn twisted with a creamy white. Reminded us of slushy snow when it's been there for a while! Now I just have to pick a pattern out!

Ooooo that sounds so pretty. I can't wait to see where you go with it. :dreaming

I am including this scarf as it is a beautiful garnet scarf in honour of the birthstone for January. you can get a hint of the glitter in the pic but it really is like holding a liquid garnet in your hands. This scarf is going to my aunt tomorrow so I have to post today. :wlol

janscarf2-2.jpg

This is one of those purely decorative scarves as it is small (one skein) and not warm by any stretch of the imagination.

BTW.. I did post the information for the new account for those who wish to post pics there. it is in the beginning post just before the links and the information people posted about each month.

Very nice Darski! :clap I love that color.

Here's the scarf I finished last night. As I mentioned before, Jan reminds me of the blue ice on the rock formations that I always saw on Rt 2 when traveling out to western MA to visit relatives. I used a pattern that I made up myself and used CSS light blue for the "ice" and a white edging for the snow. It's not a very long scarf as I like mine fairly short. Can't stand anything wrapped around my neck for a few reasons......Hope you like it! Here it is! I'll post it in the photobucket album too I guess :think

th_myJanscarf.jpg

Very pretty! :clap

Here's the scarf I finished last night. As I mentioned before, Jan reminds me of the blue ice on the rock formations that I always saw on Rt 2 when traveling out to western MA to visit relatives. I used a pattern that I made up myself and used CSS light blue for the "ice" and a white edging for the snow. It's not a very long scarf as I like mine fairly short. Can't stand anything wrapped around my neck for a few reasons......Hope you like it! Here it is! I'll post it in the photobucket album too I guess :think

th_myJanscarf.jpg

Awesome scarf Annie!!!! You did a great job. I love the colors.:cheer:clap:yay

I am including this scarf as it is a beautiful garnet scarf in honour of the birthstone for January. you can get a hint of the glitter in the pic but it really is like holding a liquid garnet in your hands. This scarf is going to my aunt tomorrow so I have to post today. :wlol

janscarf2-2.jpg

This is one of those purely decorative scarves as it is small (one skein) and not warm by any stretch of the imagination.

:cheer:clap:yay Really pretty Darski!!! You did a fantastic job.

I can't wait to get started on one for this month, but my household is somewhat in a turmoil :lol:lol. We are having to move out of our apt soon for remodeling, and somehow some way during all my packing, I accidentally packed up my binder with my scarf and hat patterns :eek:eek and I had some patterns already picked out that I really wanted to do. I saved all my binders till the very end of packing, or so I thought, but now I can't find THAT particular binder but know exactly where all the other ones are, go figure :lol. In my frantic state, I have gone back and looked through boxes and still can't find it. SOOOOOOO, it will probably be later on in the month before I start one, as I have also packed up all of my yarn. I only left out some WIPs, but will be stopping in to see what all of you have done and :cheer you all on. As soon as I get my household back in order I will get started and catch up on my scarves :lol:lol:lol.

Happy :crocheting to you all!!!!!!

Annies has a free pattern today of a pretty scarf. Its done with tweed wool, in blue & green, in dc. Looks very warm!!

It also has a matching hat.

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

Thanks for sharing that link. :clap I love that set. Get it fast, ladies and gents, it will be gone tomorrow! :yes

WooooHooo........found my hook and stayed up till the weee hours finishing my scarf.........now to post a pic...I am much better at crocheting them posting pics lol. Hopefully i can share this afternoon.

:clap I'm so happy for you! Looking forward to seeing the pic!

I would also like to join this CAL ~ if you do not mind

I am looking to make something today ~ I am off to check my stash.

I think I have a pattern also I am going to use.

:crocheting

Beautiful scarves, ladies! I love the look of knitting but tried it once and got so tangled. LoL

My computer has been down for a few weeks now and hubby barely brought his laptop home from work 2 days ago. I have my January scarf all picked out and need to get the yarn today. My inspiration is a scarf that SIL brought with her while they are visiting. She said she bought it at a department store but the stitching is very simple, I took a peek to see if I can figure it out and it seems simple. I am very excited to try it! :clap

I have my scarf done...I was up late last night to finish it. It is a very simple knit scarf. I didn't want to do any pattern with this yarn since it is fluffy. I used Mei Mei fancy knitting yarn and it doesn't even say the name of the color on the tag. I will post a picture as soon as I can.

Archived