The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

cthulu that is a pretty scarf.

I am beginning to be grateful for all the snow that we get here. January is one of the most beautiful months where I live. As much as I dislike trudging through snow and ice to the bus stop, I admit that it is fresh an clean most of the time.

I also know that it is dangerous but when I look out my window and see the bare branches coated in crystal-like glimmer :dreaming

Swarovski should be so beautiful.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am new to the forum so Hello Everyone :waving

I just started crocheting a few weeks ago and this will be my very first CAL :clap:crocheting

SANY1988-1.jpg

My scarf for January is just a simple one ( SC ) but I chose a soft Homespun yarn in Colonial and it turned out really soft and cozy.

This one is going to be sent to Scarves from the Heart. Can't wait to get started on next month's :yarn

:welcome

Very pretty scarf!! :yes And great job, especially for being a newbie to crochet!! Geez, my first projects were a tad on the wonky side :blush

I uploaded your picture to the photobucket acct for this cal (info in post#1 of this thread)

Here's my January scarf. To me, January is cold and gray. If we get snow (which is not often) it quickly turns slushy, gray, and black. Sometimes we will get ice, but that is rare too. I used Vanna's Choice in Silver Blue, Silver Gray, and Charcoal Print. The pattern is the speed hook hooded scarf from Lionbrand.

th_paterns013.jpg

Thats really pretty!! I like all those colors together.

Here's my January scarf. To me, January is cold and gray. If we get snow (which is not often) it quickly turns slushy, gray, and black. Sometimes we will get ice, but that is rare too. I used Vanna's Choice in Silver Blue, Silver Gray, and Charcoal Print. The pattern is the speed hook hooded scarf from Lionbrand.

th_paterns013.jpg

Lovely :manyheart

Well it seems we are about to be blessed with another blast of beautiful so I think I need to start working on my hat for this week.

Boy which to choose, which to choose, which to choose. Blue/white could be good :wlol

th_paterns013.jpg

That's absolutely lovely! Excellent color choices :clap

Beautiful scarves, ladies!

Starryeyed24- I've used Homespun Colonial in a shawl before and it was gorgeous. I love your color choice.

cthulhu- I am dying to make a hooded scarf. Have you used it yet? How do you like it so far?

I am still working on mine, but have frogged twice so far. I can tell you that I am using Vanna's Choice in Seaspray Mist, because when I decided to work this pattern, I remembered seeing the color in the store and thought it would be just perfect for my new pattern. :hook

I haven't been on that much lately but I really do want to join this CAL. I'm almost done with my first real wearable and want to finish that before beginning anything else. I would still have a couple of weeks to whip up a January scarf....love the scarves already posted. Great job ladies.

Jessica...very nice...looks very fluffy like snow!! I posted it to the cal's photobucket. I would like to put a slideshow of all the january scarves & each month (maybe in post 1) at the end of each month.

Starryeyed what a pretty scarf, simple but nice. Tam, I know protien levels are important to a kidney patient I hope they continue to go down. I think I mentioned my sister had a kidney transplant some years ago now. It's been awhile, I hope the kidney does good for her for much longer. My brother said it better he only has one to give and he gave it! I don't know how little Eric is doing from the cal, I haven't talked to his mom in awhile. I am going to find my pattern now, I have one in mind. Came to me while trying and failing to get to sleep last night!

Tam, I know protien levels are important to a kidney patient I hope they continue to go down. I think I mentioned my sister had a kidney transplant some years ago now. It's been awhile, I hope the kidney does good for her for much longer. My brother said it better he only has one to give and he gave it! I don't know how little Eric is doing from the cal, I haven't talked to his mom in awhile. I am going to find my pattern now, I have one in mind. Came to me while trying and failing to get to sleep last night!

Oh.......... thank you dear!!! I appreciate your concern! Today his levels were a bit lower than yesterday........... :whew

Omy........ Bless your sister and brother! My daddy had a heart transplant 13 years ago. We were blessed with 10 more years with him. He saw grandbabies he wouldnt have gotten to see if not for that.

Huge hugs sweetie!:hug

:heart

:mug

Jessica I love your scarf. Really white and fluffy. totally cool

And welcome aboard to our new members. the month has barely started so there is lots of time to make scarves yet.

@Donna... it takes me a while to get back into knitting when I have been away from it for a bit so I know how you feel. The trouble with crochet is that it is just so easy and so fast that knit seems to take more effort.

Darski, you are right about that. I cannot knit unless I can give it my full concentration. I just need more focus where as with crochet it just seems easy and mindless most times. I am really starting to like this scarf though so I think it will be worth the extra effort. :yes

Wow, everyone's scarves look great! I espcially love the pink & brown one. Those colors look so good together :)

I feel so behind. I bought the yarn I had originally planned to use... a nice fluffy fuzzy white that looked like fresh snow... but that was where the inspiration ended. :(

We've been planning my grandson's first birthday party, and it dawned on me to use that as inspiration for my January scarf, and viola! Scarf accomplished! I let the yarn do the work. I just used a simple dc pattern with Yarn Bee's Italia Bulky yarn. It is so incredibly soft and snugly. Perfect for a winter scarf, and the colors will help brighten those dreary winter gray days...

3176061109_3e6c3d785a_m.jpg

Wow, everyone's scarves look great! I espcially love the pink & brown one. Those colors look so good together :)

I feel so behind. I bought the yarn I had originally planned to use... a nice fluffy fuzzy white that looked like fresh snow... but that was where the inspiration ended. :(

We've been planning my grandson's first birthday party, and it dawned on me to use that as inspiration for my January scarf, and viola! Scarf accomplished! I let the yarn do the work. I just used a simple dc pattern with Yarn Bee's Italia Bulky yarn. It is so incredibly soft and snugly. Perfect for a winter scarf, and the colors will help brighten those dreary winter gray days...

3176061109_3e6c3d785a_m.jpg

Beautiful scarf and what a great idea to use your grandson's party for inspiration!!! :clap I love it! :cheer

I found a pattern and bought the yarn so all I need to do is start it. Hoping to get it done by this weekend! Everyone's scarfs look great I love to see how different they all are.

And I already have yarn and a pattern in my head for next month.

Everyones' scarves are beautiful. I love all the different ideas being used as inspiration. The associations we have for each month are so interesting. Mine is done, but I haven't gotten a picture taken yet. Soon.

Archived