The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

...We've been planning my grandson's first birthday party, and it dawned on me to use that as inspiration for my January scarf, and viola! Scarf accomplished! I let the yarn do the work. I just used a simple dc pattern with Yarn Bee's Italia Bulky yarn. It is so incredibly soft and snugly. Perfect for a winter scarf, and the colors will help brighten those dreary winter gray days...

3176061109_3e6c3d785a_m.jpg

I love it!! It looks like the sprinkles on top of a cake!! It looks very warm too!

th_3-2-1scarf.jpg

th_Januaryscarf.jpg

I had to make a scarf for both my daughters. I guess I will have two scarves each month.

I love both of these...the top spirally one is really cool - I have a couple patterns for one, but haven't tried it yet. Is it light blue & black, or white and navy blue?

And the bottome one is a nice pattern as well...very wintry looking.

How old are you girls??

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely it is ok (Amy too :hug ). I figure we have the whole month to make whatever scarves we can.

I have been considering making a scarf for each flower so a carnation scarf may yet appear.

I will be praying for your son. i like the idea of tying each month to a family member or friend.

Darski I'm still working on mine and it will be carnation so yes it will appear have been focused on making my squares and putting them together

Jessica-your scarf really brings to mind snow...so fluffy and white!

April-just looking at your scarf makes me happy :)

PaganPrincess-love that curly one

Stacy-I'm not actually using the scarves...I'm packing them away and at the end of this CAL I will be donating them to charity.

Beautiful scarf and what a great idea to use your grandson's party for inspiration!!! :clap I love it! :cheer

Thank you Ann! It will be heading your way after I get a few more made :)

I love it!! It looks like the sprinkles on top of a cake!! It looks very warm too!

Thanks BeasteezGurl, it's my favorite yarn to work with. It's so soft & warm :)

April-just looking at your scarf makes me happy :)

...I'm not actually using the scarves...I'm packing them away and at the end of this CAL I will be donating them to charity.

Thanks cthulhu, the colors make me happy too :)

I'll be doing the same as you by donating the scarves I make both to GrannyAnnie and locally. I hope to do more than 12 :)

snapdragon-I don't know if this is what you have in mind, but I just picked up some Lionbrand wool-ease in white/multi...white worsted weight with an irridescent sparkle running through it.

Oh oh I picked up some of that for my girls a week or two ago when it was on sale. It looks so good in their hats. Love it! :hook

I am making the LB Irish Lace Scarf for January! Love this pattern and the cool part is I already had the perfect yarn for it!

I just had a glimpse in my mind's eye of that pattern done in my icy blue shades. boy that would be pretty. I can't wait to see yours :dreaming

Good Morning.........

I've decided to keep my scarf project in my van. I have worked on it the last two afternoons while waiting for my boys to get out of school... and will continue to do so this month until its done. I dont think I'm quite half done yet... but getting close. I picked a pattern I had never done before and I'm really liking it!

Everyone's scarves so far are quite beautiful......... Great work ladies!!!

:heart

:mug

I just had a glimpse in my mind's eye of that pattern done in my icy blue shades. boy that would be pretty. I can't wait to see yours :dreaming

I am making the LB scarf in Halo Blue Divine and I really like the way it is coming along.

Ok I just posted my scarf for the month of January finally I completed the scarf thank goodness I'm going to work on February's next

snapdragon-I don't know if this is what you have in mind, but I just picked up some Lionbrand wool-ease in white/multi...white worsted weight with an irridescent sparkle running through it.

That sounds perfect all but the wool part. My daughter brought home her new boyfriends hat his mom has crocheted in wool to show me and I had an instant reaction when I touched it. I don't usually when I feel the woolease in the store but if I were to work with it alot like to do a scarf I am sure I would. Thank you though. I think hers was that fishermans wool. Very warm but oh so scratchy for me, I am allergic.

Ok I just posted my scarf for the month of January finally I completed the scarf thank goodness I'm going to work on February's next

thats a very pretty shade of pink...you did a good job!! What stitch is that??

thats a very pretty shade of pink...you did a good job!! What stitch is that??

The stitch is a mix of dc and sc crochet I made from the Crochet Today magazine the issue was from Nov/Dec working on February's scarf now taking a break from my squares

Archived