The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

Here is my Jan Scarf

Used Charcoal Heather from RH SS and Moda Dea Sassy Stripes Sock Yarn called Fancy

th_Janscarf.jpg

Clickable

Reminds me of all the things found in the dirty snow....

Very nice. i was going to say that it reminds me of driving through farmland when everything is a bit greyed out in winter and bits of snow are still around... sort of between blizzards :eek:wlol

Lovely yarn. it would make a lovely neckwarmer as well

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scarf.jpg

OK... I have a question...

is there something wrong with your furbaby :? why is the cat not ON the scarf and does the kitty union know that he is not doing his job?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I do love orange kitties :hug

:lol Since I got her as a kitten, I taught her that she could lay next to my crochet but not on it. She has crochet tidbits of her own to play with. She doesn't mess with mine. She has her own basket, blankie and toys which she absolutely loves. She seldom plays with the yarn even when I'm not around. Now I wish I could teach her to stay off the kitchen table. :think

:lol Since I got her as a kitten, I taught her that she could lay next to my crochet but not on it. She has crochet tidbits of her own to play with. She doesn't mess with mine. She has her own basket, blankie and toys which she absolutely loves. She seldom plays with the yarn even when I'm not around. Now I wish I could teach her to stay off the kitchen table. :think

Ok, Now I am in league with the queen from alice in wonderland. I am now believing impossible things.:eek A cat not on the crochet. WoW!

Sorry about missing the gender. She is a beautiful furbaby.

Hi everyone,

Here is my entry for January:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ilIA7B_KCx8YNPzAlE5YQA?feat=directlink

The pattern can be found here:

http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa051206.htm

I love this pattern because it is soooooo quick!

The red was chosen because a friend who moved from Nebraska to London sent me some pictures of London at Christmas and commented on the holly berries.

That is very pretty Paulissa. That pattern stitch would make a great blankie pattern too.

Love that colour.

Isn't it exciting to see how people are viewing the month? We are opening ourselves to what is around us in people and places and then using our creative natures to show that to others.

yah gotta just love Crochetville. :ghug We do more together than we could dream alone. :dreaming

Hi everyone,

Here is my entry for January:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ilIA7B_KCx8YNPzAlE5YQA?feat=directlink

Here is my Jan Scarf

Used Charcoal Heather from RH SS and Moda Dea Sassy Stripes Sock Yarn called Fancy

th_Janscarf.jpg

Clickable

Both are very nice!!

Paulissa - that is a very pretty pattern...i'll have to give it a whirl!

Kelly - :manyheart That ModaDea Sassy Stripes is awesome! I made a scarf for my DD's friend a few weeks ago...it was very hard to part with!! I have 2 skeins in the brown/blue/cream color and i haven't decided what to make with it yet.

Really pretty scarves!! And great to see new patterns, too!

I'm more than halfway through my January scarf, had some white TLC amore yarn - but ended up using it with this thin grey yarn I have, so it may look like 'dirty snow', but it is very soft. And no special pattern, just knitting every row. I let the yarn do the work this time ;)

Deb

Also, I'll probably (maybe) make more than one scarf for the month.

Both scarves are wonderful! The red is so festive and I love that pattern, Paulissa.

Mine is about 85-90% completed. Just three flowers to make for it, well two and one to remake, and then sew them on and sew in a couple ends. Should be finished by the end of hte night and hopefully I'll be able to get pictures of it on the computer but I'm not sure. Will have to install the program on my DH's computer since mine is basically useless. Hopefully I find that XP cd so I can use my baby again!

Here is my Jan Scarf

th_Janscarf.jpg

Clickable

It's a much prettier scarf than your description!

I've never had any luck with teaching Sarge to leave my crochet thread and yarn alone. When it starts moving he just has to pounce on it, sit on it, bite it, or some other nonsense.

Paulissa, your scarf is also very pretty. Nice pattern.

I'm on the last row of mine.

wow I love all your scarves I'm so far behind yikes I'm working on mine for January now I've been working on squares to make an afghan will post a picture soon

For those of you who have posted pics on this thread, but not on the photobucket account set up for this CAL, do you mind if I copy & paste your pic to the photobucket account, so your work is not left out??

For those who missed the link to the photobucket account for this here is the info:

Photobucket

Username: cville12scarves2009cal

Password: 12scarves

:photo:gallery:photo

Beautiful scarves KellyA and Paulissa :)

woomba-I am so impressed your little fur baby doesn't attack your crochet! She's a cutie

I am just about done with mine. I have a few other projects going and this one has gone to the wayside.

For those of you who have posted pics on this thread, but not on the photobucket account set up for this CAL, do you mind if I copy & paste your pic to the photobucket account, so your work is not left out??

if you want to do that, have at it.

There are still the pics in that group account that I had set up... I guess it would be best if you could snag those as well and then I can close that album.

I appreciate you taking this initiative. I am lucky to be able to get my own pics posted so dealing with everyone's is beyond my abilities.

I've finished my January scarf made from the SNB one-skein pattern. The colors remind me of Neopolitan ice cream. Ice cream is cold and so is January here in Minnesota. :wcold But I just realized I don't know how to upload a photo! :think

I like the connection between cold and Ice cream - nice touch.

REgarding the photos.. do you have a digital camera and can you get your pics onto your computer.

If yes, then click on the link for the photobucket account that you see posted here and there. use the password as given.

When you get logged in, look for the "Upload Images and Video" box and click on "choose files" this lets you browse your computer to find the images. then select all you want to add and hit the button.

Beasteezgirl can probably give you better directions but that is the "nutshell" version.

Everyone's scarves look great!:cheer

I started on mine today in some Red Heart Macintosh yarn I had in my stash- it's a black/blue tweedy kind. It reminds me of the dark cold January nights. I'll post pics when I get done.:hook

Everyone's scarves look great!:cheer

I started on mine today in some Red Heart Macintosh yarn I had in my stash- it's a black/blue tweedy kind. It reminds me of the dark cold January nights. I'll post pics when I get done.:hook

Oooo that sounds nice. I love the imagery already.

Archived