The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

I posted a pic of my scarf. I wanted a good shot of it so I took it outside and put it on my fountain lady. The wind is blowing here, but we still don't have any snow and none in the for-seeable next 10 days.:(

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a couple of small things to finish and then I'll play with the chenille I have...but I keep changing my mind as to the pattern!

Here is my"New Years Day" mam scarf for January

th_pictures182.jpg

That is just gorgeous!! The colors work so well together!! What pattern did you use? (looks sorta like that brain-dead afghan pattern) Did you work it in a round or just in long rows?

krgoldy...i looked at your scarf on the photobucket album...its really pretty!! I love the light blue color.

When i was going through all my yarn, i found a really light blue in the vanna's choice...i'm gonna put it with a thicker cream color and make another january scarf. I love the really light blue...its like the snow at night with the moonlight shining on it.

I miss snow...

th_pictures182.jpg

Very nice! Great job :clap

Hopefully, I'll be starting my scarf next week once the DH goes back to work from vacation :wink

I posted a pic of my scarf. I wanted a good shot of it so I took it outside and put it on my fountain lady. The wind is blowing here, but we still don't have any snow and none in the for-seeable next 10 days.:(

that is a very pretty scarf and I agree with beesteez. it looks like moonlight on snow.

just a quick request for those who are using the photobucket account...

could you please post a link to your pics so that we don't have to go looking and deal with all the sign in stuff.

when I click on the photobucket link in the first post it takes me to my own album instead.

Annies has a free pattern today of a pretty scarf. Its done with tweed wool, in blue & green, in dc. Looks very warm!!

It also has a matching hat.

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

Thanks for the link. I printed out the pattern so I don't lose it.

Happy New Year, everyone!

I have one started. I did a trial of the pattern in December and have now started the official January one. I'll take a picture when it's done.

Thanks to everyone for getting the photobucket account set up for us. :hug

"...when I click on the photobucket link in the first post it takes me to my own album instead."

I think thats because you are probably still logged in to photobucket with the "remember me" box checked...i had that same problem at first. Hope that helps!!

I am including this scarf as it is a beautiful garnet scarf in honour of the birthstone for January. you can get a hint of the glitter in the pic but it really is like holding a liquid garnet in your hands. This scarf is going to my aunt tomorrow so I have to post today. :wlol

janscarf2-2.jpg

This is one of those purely decorative scarves as it is small (one skein) and not warm by any stretch of the imagination.

BTW.. I did post the information for the new account for those who wish to post pics there. it is in the beginning post just before the links and the information people posted about each month.

Here's the scarf I finished last night. As I mentioned before, Jan reminds me of the blue ice on the rock formations that I always saw on Rt 2 when traveling out to western MA to visit relatives. I used a pattern that I made up myself and used CSS light blue for the "ice" and a white edging for the snow. It's not a very long scarf as I like mine fairly short. Can't stand anything wrapped around my neck for a few reasons......Hope you like it! Here it is! I'll post it in the photobucket album too I guess :think

th_myJanscarf.jpg

th_pictures182.jpg

:crochetingWow.....This is gonna be fun... :hook

scarf.jpg

This yarn is Sean Sheep (bonnie) Reminds me of cleaning up for the new year....throw out the old and start with the new. Its kind of a scrappy type yarn consisting of polyester, acrylic, wool and nylon. Its just a long fun scarf that would go great with jeans. The only stitch that I could do with it without too much trouble was dc.:hook OHHH Its very warm too...so I won't be using it till our winter :lol

Cheers

P.S. the only reason for the big pic is so that you can see this yarn and see how scrappy it looks .

Beautiful scarf woomba but I think they will be coming after your pic. :sigh

That is just wonderful yarn though. it would brighten your day just by opening your closet.

Here is my Jan Scarf

Used Charcoal Heather from RH SS and Moda Dea Sassy Stripes Sock Yarn called Fancy

th_Janscarf.jpg

Clickable

Reminds me of all the things found in the dirty snow....

Archived