The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

Finally...here's my scarf for January...

janscarf.jpg

Like my model? :rofl Hey, every home needs at least one "unusual" piece in it :D

It's made with a stitch I made up, I think :lol At least it's new to me. I'll add directions for the scarf to my site if anyone wants to make one.

Now to figure out how to add it to the photobucket album :think

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

janscarf.jpg

Like my model? :rofl Hey, every home needs at least one "unusual" piece in it :D

It's made with a stitch I made up, I think :lol At least it's new to me. I'll add directions for the scarf to my site if anyone wants to make one.

That is so funny love your scarf :rofl and yes I will look at your site because I wouldn't mind making that scarf myself

Like the scarf!!!

What's your site?? I would like to make this on also. And, if it is new stich would love to learn it!!!!!!

janscarf.jpg

Oh great scarf, Melissa! I love the colors!

I've ran into a snag with mine. It seems as though my yarn has taken on a mind of it's own and just doesn't want to be this particular scarf. :lol I've frogged at least 3 times already. So I'm using it instead to make the Shelly. I started this morning and it's already coming along nicely. :hook

:birthday to your son Tam. It was my sons birthday today too, just got back from a party for him. He is twenty five but is autistic, he got match box cars and a big excersice ball. I bought yarn for my icle fringe! It's bernat baby coordinates, in soft blue. It has a soft white thread running through it which kind of makes it shimmer. I can use the rest for baby stuff for New borns in Need, I hope. I was thinking of getting a specialty yarn, but I seen this at walmart and I liked it it said icles. Melissa I just seen that pattern in the interweave magazine today. It turned out very pretty, it reminds me of a scarf that I made for one of my sons teachers, it was a ripple type pattern, can't remember the name of it. The interweave pattern said it was metered squares.

Tam, it's beautiful! I love the pattern, too. Happy Birthday to your son!

Thank you.... and Thank you.... he had a great birthday!

nice scarf Tam and Happy Birthday to your son

Thank you so much!!! how sweet!

:birthday to your son Tam. It was my sons birthday today too, just got back from a party for him. He is twenty five but is autistic, he got match box cars and a big excersice ball. quote]

Thank you dear! And my goodness .... :birthday to you son also! How fun!!! We had a little party for my son yesterday. Just us family. Took him to Chuck E Cheese and had a blast. Hubby and the boys played games and I crochetrd three scarves... hehehehee:hook We gave my son HotWheel cars for his birthday... I'll have to share a pic of the race track/bag I made him to carry them in.

:heart

:mug

Lovely scarves ladies! Tam, I love the color and how the pattern is lacey but it still looks nice and warm! :)

Cara, Love the model! Gorgeous scarf too!

Melissa, I love the soft cool colors of your scarf. Definately very "january". :D

Wow...small world.

My daughter graduated from NDHS in '02! Then she went to Washington College in Chestertown.

I'm not sure if it "technically" was Galestown or not, but yeah, it was right in that area. She was out in the country. I used to love visiting her. She had everything on her property including a lake! LOL

Definately a small world! :yes

Lovely scarves ladies! Tam, I love the color and how the pattern is lacey but it still looks nice and warm! :)

:D

aww............ thanks dear!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

I'm not sure if it "technically" was Galestown or not, but yeah, it was right in that area. She was out in the country. I used to love visiting her. She had everything on her property including a lake! LOL

Definately a small world! :yes

I'm sure that "lake" was the pond in Galestown. The only other water in that area is the Nanticoke River, which is what the Sharptown bridge goes over. Such a pretty area...

I'm sure that "lake" was the pond in Galestown. The only other water in that area is the Nanticoke River, which is what the Sharptown bridge goes over. Such a pretty area...

It really is gorgeous.. I miss it alot! :sigh

you could always come visit!!

My daughter would love that, she still lives in MD! LOL Although she's on the western shore now... in Severn.

All this talk about "home" got me to thinking about all the different things I miss... and then I thought about Bargain Bills. Did you ever have thier pizza :pizza? It is the best! I haven't had a decent pizza since I left the coast!

Archived