The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

Wow womba that feb conversation heart scarf is awesome...

I'm going to write the directions down and make a sample heart and attach it to the directions so that i can dig out smy scraps and start to crochet them hearts... I'm l;iking this...

I just figured those hearts would look great aslo in pastels but for a baby blanket...

Yike imagne that...

hugs

Lillibet

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow womba that feb conversation heart scarf is awesome...

I'm going to write the directions down and make a sample heart and attach it to the directions so that i can dig out smy scraps and start to crochet them hearts... I'm l;iking this...

I just figured those hearts would look great aslo in pastels but for a baby blanket...

Yike imagne that...

hugs

Lillibet

Yes I was thinking it could be incorporated into several different type projects. I love it!

Love that curly q scarf, it wasn't what I expected. Very nice. I am doing mine in white for snow and still looking for the icle yarn. Hobby lobby closed on me before I could get there. I remember the ice storm we had here in MI in the seventies, I was a kid then. We had to walk quite awhile on the ice because we couldn't drive on it to get water. I also remember a record breaking snow fall here in michigan about 2 to 4 years later, school was closed for awhile.

I am trying to design my own Boa crochet scarf. I started my 3rd attempt today, it looks like I may have what I want, it seems to be twisting just nicely and it feels nice and soft. It may be awhile before I get a picture posted as I have yet to learn how to use Photo bucket. Yes I do have a lot to learn yet on the computer ( as the saying goes "Rome wasn't built in a day" )

Sure feels like winter this weekend; 6-10 inches of snow all around Metro Detroit, more the further south you go!! Gonna get really cold, too, so this snow should stick around for a while!

I'll get my picture of my scarf up tomorrow.

deb

Well.......... here it is............ My January Scarf dedicated to my (to be 10yrs old tomorrow) son. He has Nephrotic Syndrome which is an issue of the kidneys.. so I picked a pattern I had never done before... and a lovely green yarn..(green being the awareness color for kindeys) and made myself this scarf.

DCP02896.jpg

This is a lovely CAL..... this will give me a chance to make myself a scarf in dedication to many family or friends ... that I will be able to wear on each of their months for the rest of my life.

good therapy for me too!

:heart

:mug

Just one quick reminder... Ravelry is a closed site so pics from there can not be seen by all.

Tam, I love that scarf. what a great combo of colour and stitch. WTG.

I really like all these scarves.

Tam,

I really like that pattern and color. What type of yarn is that? Looks very soft.

Thank you! I used Simply Soft Caron yarn... and darn it the label is in the van....... I dont remember what the color is. I'll get back to you on that.:U The pattern...................:think I'll have to look that up again too. Man... I'm not much help to you.. am I.

Tam, I love that scarf. what a great combo of colour and stitch. WTG.

I really like all these scarves.

Thank you! I appreciate the compliment!!!:hug

Really love the scarf Tam! :yay

Thank you!!!:manyheart

Hi ladies:

Well finally finished my scarf for january... I used a pattern from one of our own members here at the ville she named it the HDC curly Q's scarf..

Great scarf and I used Simply soft blue for the center and then i did a edging of white and did the curly q's in white to resemble icicles...

003-3.jpg

it looks sort of sea green here in the photo but really its a lovely blue.

I will see if i can make another one for this month too as i got some shades of blues and white and would like to use them colors like darski did to make another scarf for this month..

If i get it done in time I will post photos when done.

hugs

Lillibet

Hi everyone- everybodies scarves look wonderful! I have just finished my scarves for Jan. The blue/black one reminds me of the cold dark Jan nights. The other one is made with a strand of white baby yarn and some light blue Glittery yarn- snow and ice. I using this CAL to bust through some stash and I'm donating the scarves to a local shelter. I also made a mathching hat for the blue/black scarf but I didn't get a picture of that.

I'm going to start thinking about a theme/color for next month now.

th_066.jpg

MooMoo & Maryann...great scarves!! I have your pictures copied into our Photobucket album (see post #1 for link & info)

I love that curly q fringe!! And Maryann I love that lighter blue one...it looks very icy!!

I just posted a pic of my January scarf on photobucket. I made the scarf for my 2.5 yo dd but of course, she won't put it on :P that little stinker:devil

I made it from this pattern on Ravelry and here is the link for the pattern:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ruffled-toddler-scarflette

Worked up so quick and is so cute!

That is very nice...you did a great job...

Well.......... here it is............ My January Scarf dedicated to my (to be 10yrs old tomorrow) son. He has Nephrotic Syndrome which is an issue of the kidneys.. so I picked a pattern I had never done before... and a lovely green yarn..(green being the awareness color for kindeys) and made myself this scarf.

DCP02896.jpg

This is a lovely CAL..... this will give me a chance to make myself a scarf in dedication to many family or friends ... that I will be able to wear on each of their months for the rest of my life.

good therapy for me too!

That is beautiful...i really like that pattern...very delicate looking. I like your "themes" for the months...that is such a nice way to keep loved ones close to you!! Like a big hug :hug everytime you wear the scarf!!

Wow, we were practically next door neighbors! We moved to Feds'bg in March of '93 from Balto. What a wonderful change of pace! We loved it. We lived on Liberty Rd just down from Uncle Willies. Our back yard butted up against the plastic plant. We lived there for over 8 years, then moved to Hurlock and then Ridgely, then Severn, the somehow ended up in Missouri! LOL I used to drive through Reliance at least a few times a week to visit a friend near Sharptown. In fact, we looked at a house in Reliance but ended up in Hurlock instead...

You probably rode right by my house!! hmmm near sharptown...would that be Galestown?? That was the little town with the flat bridge. They had a bad rain storm (days) and it washed out real bad, and they just got it all back together. Its very quaint now...they have a walk along the side of the pond & old fashioned street lights along the walk...very nostalgic at night. I used to go swimming in that pond when I was a kid...rode my bike to the store to get a soda!!

Oh boy do I remember that ice storm! And the snow (I have some pics around here somewhere of it!) We didn't have electric either during the ice storm but we were in a really old house with ancient oil burners for heat and a propane stove so we didn't need the power for heat or cooking so we stayed put at home. Our back porch served as a refrigerator! LOL We did a lot of family bonding that week. Lots of talking and playing cards and board games. LOL It's funny how you can look back at something like that and think "those were the days," huh? :manyheart Good memories indeed.

During that ice storm, my mom's sister and her family also were there...it was 6 adults & 4 little kids, for 4 days...the kids all slept in the floor. Like a big PJ party!

I went to school in Hurlock...graduated from NorthDorchesterHigh. Most of my friends lived to Hurlock or Secretary.

Wow...small world.

Beautiful scarf Tam! And happy birthday to your son!!!!

Thank you sweetie for the compliment and birthday wishes for my baby!

good therapy for me too!

That is beautiful...i really like that pattern...very delicate looking. I like your "themes" for the months...that is such a nice way to keep loved ones close to you!! Like a big hug :hug everytime you wear the scarf!!

Thank you so much... appreciate your compliments! Yep.. a big hug every month............. :hug:hook

Hi BeasteezGurl thank you sooo much for the lovey comment and for adding my photo over to the photobuck album. I need to go check it out to see all the pretties...

hugs

Lillibet

DCP02896.jpg

good therapy for me too!

Tam, it's beautiful! I love the pattern, too. Happy Birthday to your son!

BeasteezGurl, your scarf is lovely, too.

I finally made it over to Photobucket to look at all the pretties from this month. WOW!!!!!! Awesome collection! Great job, everyone!

Beasteezgurl,

thanks so much for looking at my scarf and the nice compliment!

I did get my dd to wear that scarf outside today...she looked so cute!

I love all these scarves, they are all so beautiful! What a fun CAL! Thanks Darski for getting it together. My first cal and I'm sure not my last :)

I was just looking at the photobucket acct and WOW! It's so great to see all the scarves in there together! Last time I looked there were only a few, lol! It's wonderful to see all the different interpretations together! :clap

Archived