The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

Reminds me of dirty snow & dark clouds

Greymarblescarf.jpg

This is a great scarf. it even looks warm

But...

Gee I am really sorry that so many people have ugly January days. I admit that this whole snow thing is getting a tad boring but it is so pretty. :wlol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just put my scarf in photobucket. I just need to post the pic here. I am finally getting around to posting it. My life is just crazy right now and I am trying to catch up. I used Bernet Boucle with a K hook and some blue cotton for the snowflake. Enjoy! I will post a pic soon.

Oh I forgot to mention I got the pattern from the positively crochet book.

I'm finally getting around to posting my scarf picture. I finished it last week.

th_DSCN0088.jpg

That is such a pretty colour makes me think of getting away to a sunny beach before the blizzard hits. I like a shorter scarf for covering the chest under a coat.

I'm finally getting around to posting my scarf picture. I finished it last week.

th_DSCN0088.jpg

Donna this looks so soft.:hook What type of yarn did you use?

Awesome job..:cheer:clap:yay

I just put my scarf in photobucket. I just need to post the pic here. I am finally getting around to posting it. My life is just crazy right now and I am trying to catch up. I used Bernet Boucle with a K hook and some blue cotton for the snowflake. Enjoy! I will post a pic soon.

Oh I forgot to mention I got the pattern from the positively crochet book.

I don't see it, I don't see Ashleys Scarf....

Donna, I have to agree...it looks very warm - what kinda yarn did you use??

Ashley, your scarf looks great too - love those snowflakes! Did you graph them in or did you attach them?

Ok, here goes. Sure hope I get this right. :think Here's the link http://www.orble.com/scarf-stitch/ for the pattern I used. I used Vanna denim mist yarn

th_P1010205.jpg

I did my scarf in this pattern too! I couldn't believe how easily it works up. I love the ends, how did you do that???

DavaJ...she hasn't posted it here...she has it posted in the photobucket album (info to post and access it are in post #1)

:hugthank you... I am such a dork....:think:eek

Donna, I have to agree...it looks very warm - what kinda yarn did you use??

Ashley, your scarf looks great too - love those snowflakes! Did you graph them in or did you attach them?

I just attached them, Thanks!!!!:hook

Now that I have a moment to break from homework which seems to just get more and more intense, I can explain the inspiration behind Mists ofAvalon.

I made a bunch of my co-workers scarves for Christmas. My boss mentioned that she purchased a new coat (double breasted) that left her neck and upper chest exposed.

She is Irish and her favorite is green so I chose some green yarn from my stash and started working. The design came about because I wanted a scarf with texture and was having a hard time finding something I liked so I made one up. The row that required the most experimentation was the puff stitch row because I wanted it to stand out and also for the stitches not to be crowded, hence the dc in back loops only before and after that row. I am very pleased with myself!!

Thanks Darski. Trying to figure out how to get the pattern contributor thingamajiggy added to; I'm so darned pleased with myself. This is the first pattern I've ever written.

Archived