The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

I haven't started started on my February scarves yet. Have some other projects that I need to work on. I know what I'm doing for February, March, April, May, June, and July. Not sure about the other months! lol! Will try and post pictures of my other two January scarves tonight. Just been super busy.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even though this is a CAL, would a knitted scarf count? I am learning how to knit and really enjoying knitting scarves. :crocheting

Pam C.

yes knitted scarves are welcomed here as well. My "garnet"scarf is a bias knit scarf.

I am thinking that my Branching out scarf (if completed) might be a good one to celebrate the return of leaves to my beloved trees.

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html

yes knitted scarves are welcomed here as well. My "garnet"scarf is a bias knit scarf.

I am thinking that my Branching out scarf (if completed) might be a good one to celebrate the return of leaves to my beloved trees.

What a beautiful scarf. I am somewhat new to knitting but this just might be the challange I need. Maybe for spring. I am gonna have to think about this and practice my skills a bit first. I love this pattern. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!:hug:hug:hug

Gorgeous scarf, Dava! I'm not usually one for eyelash, but the trim on your scarf gives it just the right punch of color and just looks fun!

thank you, just was not sure if I liked the trim..This one is going to Germany to my sons girlfriend.. Working on a hat to match it.. Hope it turns out...

thank you all for all the nice comments...:hug

I wish I had the patience to re-learn how to knit. That's a beautiful pattern!

I wish I had the patience to re-learn how to knit. That's a beautiful pattern!

if you just want to get your feet wet again, I would recommend this pattern

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/afdiagsquare.htm

It is commonly referred to as "Grandmother's Favourite"dishcloth pattern but it can be made in any yarn or cotton to any size you want. a fine yarn with larger needles would be very drapey and lovely. Thick yarn would make a very warm blankie.

You can make a lovely triangular shawl with this pattern as well.

It is the pattern I used to learn the technique.

Darski, thanks for the link...I think even I can do this! I printed it out.

I expect to get caught up a bit sometime soon and would really like to give knitting a try again.

I don't want to think there might be any hand craft I can't do!;)

I expect to get caught up a bit sometime soon and would really like to give knitting a try again.

I love your attitude... :manyheart

Ever tried Paper Quilling. I so love that but can't do it anymore :sigh

I love your attitude... :manyheart

Ever tried Paper Quilling. I so love that but can't do it anymore :sigh

Thanks...and no, never even heard of that one!

Oh that's so pretty. Little scary for me right now...lol. For my first attempt at something fancier than a garter stitch..:lol, the Feather and Fan Stitch looks like a good trainer. :crocheting

Pam C.

Judianne if I can re-learn anybody can. You can do it! Go for it!!!:cheer:clap

th_Janscarf-3.jpg

I used Fantasy Dark Horse Yarn, color #46. I used the stitch called Baby Bobbles from the 365 Crochet Stitches a Year. I used eyelash yarn for the border but not sure if I like it.:eek...This has been alot of fun. I have enjoyed seeing everyone's scarves.

Stacy

I to love the color, Vanna does seem to have some pretty colors.

very nice. :yes

:hook Debra.

Vanna does have some gorgeous colors. Just the other day I saw an ice blue color I've never noticed before. I will need to go back and get that one soon, I'm sure! :devil

Your scarf is gorgeous. The eyelash yarn looks wonderful with your other yarn! :manyheart

Knitting is beautiful, that scarf is beautiful, but I knit for quite a few years making sweaters, vests, etc. But, I do not like to do knitting, it's not soothing to me :( So, I have a friend that I sent each and every one of my needles to and I had them all, including the circular ones. Now, :crocheting I absolutely :manyheart and it is soothing and calming to me :c9 and I don't get as stressed as I did with knitting. :hook Rocks!

Someone asked if they could post their January scarf late; did they ever get an answer?

I'm starting to think about February, just have to finish up my two kid's blankets for Victory Junction Gang.

deb

i figured i could wait until around the 5th to post a slideshow of all the january scarves.

That will give everyone a few days to make sure their scarves are posted on the photobucket account.

I did a scarf in the Vanna's Silver Blue color...it was a really nice color and that yarn is very easy to work with.

Someone asked if they could post their January scarf late; did they ever get an answer?

I'm starting to think about February, just have to finish up my two kid's blankets for Victory Junction Gang.

deb

I'm sorry but I guess I missed that question.

I was thinking that anyone can join anytime and do scarves for all the months back they care to try. However, we can't ask BezsteezGurl to be adding stuff into the slide shows forever.

Silver blue- that was the color! Gosh, I can't wait to get my taxes back! LoL I'm thinking of using the dusty blue for my Feb scarf, just haven't found the pattern yet. (I :manyheart blue.) :hook

OOO. that is pretty. very tempting....:D

Archived