The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forgot to add my scarf for January. But I did just upload a pic of my February scarf. I used Simply Soft yarn by Caron. I wanted to try a new stitch so I used the Alternate Stitch found in the Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Needlework. I just sized it according to the multiples and used one full skein. I love how it came out.

th_IMG_1635.jpg

That's one pretty scarf you made love how cute it is

Forgot to add my scarf for January. But I did just upload a pic of my February scarf. I used Simply Soft yarn by Caron. I wanted to try a new stitch so I used the Alternate Stitch found in the Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Needlework. I just sized it according to the multiples and used one full skein. I love how it came out.

th_IMG_1635.jpg

that is a very pretty stitch.

I have to admit that I have spent a good deal of time looking through stitch patterns myself lately. surprise, surprise, surprise :wlol

I am loving February so far.

:cheer Wonderful more eye candy to look at in the albums :cheer I love the color, the variety, all of it.

Darcy this was such a wonderful idea! Thank you, again!

I found batteries for my camera! :yay

Okay, here's what I came up with for February. My thought process was to create an easy masculine scarf to make for those oh so hard to make something for sweeties of ours for Valentine's Day :yes

It is made with Berella "4" in Dark Oxford and RHSS Aran and worked in a herringbone stitch.

feb.jpg

Close up for the herringbone

febclose.jpg

I know this is a little late but here is my Jan scarf.. it looks like the winter sky at night to me (the blues and purples and the clouds in white). I really liked a paisley I saw so I made a whole scarf of it.... I still need to do the edging and finishing but it is mostly done. I hope you like it.

wsa7pe.jpg

Okay, here's what I came up with for February. My thought process was to create an easy masculine scarf to make for those oh so hard to make something for sweeties of ours for Valentine's Day :yes

It is made with Berella "4" in Dark Oxford and RHSS Aran and worked in a herringbone stitch.

feb.jpg

febclose.jpg

I love your scarf for the month it is so beautiful now if only my fiance would wear the scarf lol

I know this is a little late but here is my Jan scarf.. it looks like the winter sky at night to me (the blues and purples and the clouds in white). I really liked a paisley I saw so I made a whole scarf of it.... I still need to do the edging and finishing but it is mostly done. I hope you like it.

wsa7pe.jpg

That is a totally Wow scarf... I am thinking starry starry night

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=nkvLq0TYiwI

I love that vid and your scarf is totally wild and wonderful.

I didn't finish my January square yet. Maybe soon.

This CAL doesn't have any gotta do's. I would imagine that most people will find a month that just doesn't get their juices flowing and they will give it a go-by.

if you want to do a scarf and can get one made - good on you but there is no pressure here. :ghug

To me, your scarf reminds me of a peacock's tail! LoL It is my daughter's favorite bird, we have photos of them all over our apartment, so it just came to my mind. It is pretty and I love the colors!

wsa7pe.jpg

wow, what an awesome scarf!

feb.jpg

febclose.jpg

This is a great scarf for a guy! Really nice!

fidget_medium.jpg

Today a coworker asked me how much I would charge to make her daughter one of these. Her daughter is a respiratory therapist and got a permanent neck injury when a panicked patient grabbed her head, pulled and wouldn't let go. She wears scarves all the time now because the cold pains her neck. I just gave it to her. I am so glad I am having opportunities to give these scarves away!:D

Today a coworker asked me how much I would charge to make her daughter one of these. Her daughter is a respiratory therapist and got a permanent neck injury when a panicked patient grabbed her head, pulled and wouldn't let go. She wears scarves all the time now because the cold pains her neck. I just gave it to her. I am so glad I am having opportunities to give these scarves away!:D

that is so wonderful to hear. That scarf is just perfect for that because it would not be overly showy but would sure do the job.

I really love that colour... did you tell us the name of the yarn and the colour? I might keep an eye out for it.

Started my Feb scarf, going to :crocheting this one, using the same brand of yarn as the grey knitted one, but in shade of pink.

Currently on row 3, designing as I go, thinking about what I can call it, should be finished this one pretty quick as using chunky yarn and a big hook.

Will check back when I have more done:hug

Archived