The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

What lovely scarves I am almost done with the scarf white and purple it has a taffy look to it I made it in sport weight yarn I would give the pattern except I got the pattern out of a book called Visually Teaching Yourself To Crochet the scarf is worked in extended single crochet and double treble crochet so I'm getting so excited and once I've took a picture of the scarf when it's done I'm giving it to my daughter since purple is her favorite color and she asked for it

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What lovely scarves I am almost done with the scarf white and purple it has a taffy look to it I made it in sport weight yarn I would give the pattern except I got the pattern out of a book called Visually Teaching Yourself To Crochet the scarf is worked in extended single crochet and double treble crochet so I'm getting so excited and once I've took a picture of the scarf when it's done I'm giving it to my daughter since purple is her favorite color and she asked for it

it sounds wonderful. it is so neat that your daughter asked for it. that would be awfully nice. :c9

Thanks darski now I think I will make myself a purse since I've made some things for the kids now it's on to me hmmmmmmm? what to make myself first I decide a purse but not really sure what to make for me

I've been MIA for a while. Just busy with other stuff. I took a picture of my January scarf, but I'm not at all happy with it and have to take another picture of it. I've started my February scarf, but I'm running out of one of the colors and I'm going to have to try to find some more of it which could be a job and a half. (The original was in a close out bin.) Everyone's scarves are lovely.

Okay, I :manyheart this. Is it a purchased pattern? I'm always cold, even in the house and love neck warmers.

No pattern. Just did single stitches in the back loops so it would be drape-y till I was happy with the length. I wanted a folded-turtle neck look. A simple shell edging in white. A button placed where it seemed to work best. I was trying to copy something my friend made but I only saw the scarf once and I don't think I got it right so I made something up.

Thanks for the compliments!

Just uploaded my Feb. scarf. It's a cross between a neck warmer and a capelet made with SS in, I think, Plum Mist Heather. I made it for our school secretary who is always cold at her desk and wears pretty things.

Febscarf.jpg

I missed this post. I love this neckwarmer. great colour too.

I have finished my Feb scarf and as I thought I didn't have enough yarn to do the fringe on the long edge as I had planned.

I have a small amount left over from another scarf I made with this yarn and half that amount again from this ball, I might have enough to do a fringe on both the short ends.

I do have some more of this yarn, but was saving it to make a shrug, not sure if I should use up the small balls and use some from the new ball so I can make it the way I had planned, not sure what to do yet.

Might leave it for a while and do something else, then come back to it once I have made my mind up.

I have finished my Feb scarf and as I thought I didn't have enough yarn to do the fringe on the long edge as I had planned.

I have a small amount left over from another scarf I made with this yarn and half that amount again from this ball, I might have enough to do a fringe on both the short ends.

I do have some more of this yarn, but was saving it to make a shrug, not sure if I should use up the small balls and use some from the new ball so I can make it the way I had planned, not sure what to do yet.

Might leave it for a while and do something else, then come back to it once I have made my mind up.

I so understand this dilemma. It is hard to know what to do.

I so understand this dilemma. It is hard to know what to do.

Still havn't deceided what to do, gonna sit on it for a few more days, gotta work over the weekend, so won't really have time to do alot of crochet as I work nights.

Will start to look at what yarn I have and start to design my March scarf, which I might knitt, so will take alot longer:lol

Here is my February hat and scarf set. It is 2 strands held together (red & black). I made the for my friend Stacy who lives in Ohio. She has been feeling a bit down about being alone on Valentine's Day so I thought I would make a special gift for her.

Clickable

th_Stacyshatandscarf002.jpg

Here is my February hat and scarf set. It is 2 strands held together (red & black). I made the for my friend Stacy who lives in Ohio. She has been feeling a bit down about being alone on Valentine's Day so I thought I would make a special gift for her.

Clickable

It's beautiful! :clap And what a sweet gift :hug

I don't get filet unless it's a written out pattern. I tried to do a filet ribbon square and I don't get how to tell how many you do for each square, it's confusing. I am doing a heart square from crochetkim, that's very pretty, for my scarf for febuary. I have three squares almost done just one more row. My hand was cramping, and my wrist hurt so I didn't do any more. Out of practice! took too many days off from crocheting!

My February scarf is done! I am potentially sending it off to someone for a swap so I will get a pic before I send it off. I used this pineapple pattern, using one strand of white baby soft and one strand of blue Paton Lacette. It is really pretty and I plan to make one for myself soon! :hook

Clickable

:yay:manyheart IT! :yay What a nice color and what a good friend you are!

What pattern did you choose? I love the way that varigated aligned itself in the pattern.

:cheer:clap:yay

hatsandscarf006.jpg?t=1231128507

I have been very busy and have not been keeping up with everyone's lovely scarves until tonite. :cheer:clap:yay Wow you all have been busy making some awesome scarves. I also realized that Darski and a couple others have asked me what pattern I used for my January scarf pictured above, and I am so sorry I failed to respond to you. But, I did find the pattern that I used and here is the link!!!!

http://www.joann.com/static/project/0608/PA00005.pdf

I have my yarn picked out for February just haven't decided what pattern I am going to use for this month, but will post it when I get it done. Keep up the great work. PS I finally got all my yarn unpacked, now if I can just find time to use it :lol:lol.

I am still trying to prep my yarn for making my feb scarf...ugh! I bought two skeins that came in hanks (I guess that is what they are called) and I decided to roll the yarn in balls first, which I'm glad I did because it is driving me crazy now, imagine if I was working on the scarf!! It is such a pain but once I get it into balls, I'm on my way...

I am just beginning my search of Rachell's newest patterns for us and already I found this neat scarf. It may be useful some month for some of us...

the bumpy scarf

http://macrochet.blogspot.com/2009/02/free-bumpy-scarf-pattern.html

That scarf rocks! Thanks, Darski! I think I will use it for my March scarf, and I know exactly the colors, too. I've just found the reason I *need* to buy the ice blue Vanna's. :devil

Archived