The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my first attempt at my Feb scarf. It isn't what I had planned, but it's the closest that looks like a Feb scarf, lol! I think my other one is going to be my March scarf!:think It just didn't come out the way it looked in my head!:lol

Jessica, I love your scarf!!!! It's beautiful!!!:clap

th_February2009crochet004.jpg

Here's my first attempt at my Feb scarf. It isn't what I had planned, but it's the closest that looks like a Feb scarf,

th_February2009crochet004.jpg

This is so very pretty. It makes me smile 'softly' just looking at it.

I would love to join this CAL. I have just finished my first scarf and I am starting my second.

wonderful of you to join us. :welcome to the Ville and this CAL. it is not too demanding so it leaves us lots of room to create and enjoy.

I did my February scarf yesterday. It is supposed to have 4 reapeats for each half of the heart but I only did one.

3284444523_ac3ceb95af_m.jpg

So I did the rest of the scarf in stripes.

3284445327_ee524b08f0_m.jpg

It will be going to Compassionate Creations. :D I tested this for SmoothFox. I dunnow hen she will have the pattern for sale or what.

Ooh, very nice! I'd been considering doing something similar in knitting, but haven't really decided yet. I love seeing that sort of technique done in crochet, and very lovely heart pattern!

hi, everyone...:hi

I FINALLY posted a scarf for February:blush. It is the Irish Lace pattern (again). This time, though, I used a brushed yarn. It is gray (to match the sky) with flecks of Amethyst (February's birthstone), and green ('cause I am dreaming of spring!):yes:yay

you can check it out in the gallery for this cal, or click on my photobucket in my siggy.

have a great weekend! :ghug

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80876AD.html?noImages=0 Check out this scarf! It looks like a perfect summer wrap for those cool evenings. Or spring. It says it's a scarf but look how wide it is!

Wow! That looks like a great pattern! Thanks for sharing it. I think I'll give it a try sometime soon!

I still have not done the fringe on my Feb scarf, will take it into work to night as I want to put it into a swap package I need to send off ASAP, need to think of something else to make as well. :think

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80876AD.html?noImages=0 Check out this scarf! It looks like a perfect summer wrap for those cool evenings. Or spring. It says it's a scarf but look how wide it is!

I saw this in my newsletter the other day. It is gorgeous!! Except what in the world is Vanna's Glamour? I've never seen it. I have some Paton Brilliant that I was saving for something else but now I'm wondering if that would work? Or I could combine it with a strand of baby-weight to make it a bit warmer. Hmmm...my wheels are turning! LoL

I keep looking at that pattern and drooling. LoL I really want to move it up to the top of my list but I cannot afford another WIP right now....I have to finish my kitchen swap stuff, which I am making up my own pattern for, hubby's afghan, and my house-elf has been in the queue for months. I am already working on my March scarf, so...this might have to be held off until April. Yikes! Don't know if I can wait that long!! :eek

Ok, I tried to start the LB pattern while watching the Oscars last night. It is pretty but I can already tell that I will be bored with it quickly. Maybe it just wasn't the thing to work on last night...I will save it for the future but I don't know when I will try it again.

Stacy I keep stuff like that for times when I need something mindless that I can drop in a minute if needed. Great for waiting at the Dr's office or on our Wed. quilting circle so i can listen to conversations and not worry about my counts.

Vanna's glamor is baby weight, sport weight yarn with a shimmer. I am sure I can make it with some sport weight yarn but look at all those picots. It is a pretty scarf though.

I just finished a pineapple shawl pattern that had picots everywhere and I have to admit that it "made" that shawl. I actually got to the point where they were just like doing sc after a while there. :eek

Ok now that I have the KISS swap out of the way and am almost done with my other wips I can work a bit more on my March scarf. I am modifying the pattern I posted to see if I can make something more geared towards the AZ weather. So far so good. I am really liking what I have so far. It is time consuming but I think it will be worth the effort if I ever get it done.

I tried several times to get into the group bucket but it would not let me in for love nor money so I am just going to provide the slideshow link to my own account. just click and go :wlol

th_feb-heart2.jpg

I really like the hearts cowl too. I am looking forward to wearing that

when the weather gets nicer...

it's going to get nicer... right :?

The weather will get nicer. Do you have a pattern for the hat and cowl for sale? I would love to have these patterns. :hook

The weather will get nicer. Do you have a pattern for the hat and cowl for sale? I would love to have these patterns. :hook

I'll post the patterns here for free when I get them typed up.

I have to find my notes first :think

I just finished a pineapple shawl pattern that had picots everywhere and I have to admit that it "made" that shawl. I actually got to the point where they were just like doing sc after a while there. :eek

Was it the pineapple fan shawl? I've made it several times and I always leave the picot edging off- it's too pokey for me.

Archived