The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

:cheerI finished my Feb scarf, in the end I decided to do the fringe on the short ends, I used up the 2 small balls I had left over and some from a new ball. Happy with it, will take some photo's and post here and in photobucket.

Now I can get on with my knitted March Scarf.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone!

I have so much fun reading this thread and looking at your lovely photos, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out! I've actually just finished crocheting 12 scarves for charity and now I'm going to take a break for a bit and work on an afghan. My scarf-productions seems to be geared towards bursts of activity as opposed to a steady one-a-month schedule.

But ... I'll be keeping an eye on you ... because I do love those photos :D

Hello everyone!

I have so much fun reading this thread and looking at your lovely photos, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out! I've actually just finished crocheting 12 scarves for charity and now I'm going to take a break for a bit and work on an afghan. My scarf-productions seems to be geared towards bursts of activity as opposed to a steady one-a-month schedule.

But ... I'll be keeping an eye on you ... because I do love those photos :D

that makes sense to me :wlol

We will be here and you can make a scarf in our CAL any time you want to. :hug

:ghug

I'm a newbie on board

May I join the cal ?

Absolutely you may join. We love to have everyone on board here. :hug

You can pick up anywhere you want. You can wait for March or do one for Feb ..or January if that suits you.

great let's choose a scarf :)

Hi, Ana,

You can choose whatever pattern you wish... the thought is to do something to represent what each month means to you. whether it be colors or stitches... be inspired and Have fun!

:welcome:manyheart

I just realized I never posted a pic of my February scarf. It is the pineapple one that I made using one strand of blue Lacette, and one strand of white Babysoft. I think it is really pretty but I made it kind of short. Maybe I will add a couple more pineapples before I send it out.

th_febscarf.jpg

LeaAnne- I am loving your Irish Lace scarf! Very pretty.

Was it the pineapple fan shawl? I've made it several times and I always leave the picot edging off- it's too pokey for me.

No, it is not that one although I did start that one at one time.

I plan to get a pic up soon I just keep forgetting to get the pic.

No, it is not that one although I did start that one at one time.

I plan to get a pic up soon I just keep forgetting to get the pic.

Can't wait to see it. I :manyheart pineapples!

yeah that would be a great stitch to use the thistle stitch only wished that lionbrand would have said how many chains to make but I found it in the Crochet Stitch Bible on google so that helped alot

Boy it will be time for the March scarves in less than an hour by EST. where did February go :?

I do have a couple but I will only post the crochet one in our photobucket account.

Well let's try this again shall we :?:wlol

My computer crashed while trying to get photos posted here. I sure hope that March is not going to continue as it has begun.

I tried to get into the group account but it still won't let me in. I pasted the username and still nothing. I did delete that group I had made in my account so that is not it.

Anyhoo..

Here is my Mists of Avalon set with scarf, hat and wristwarmers. This was a great pattern to use.

mar2.jpg

And here is my knitted cowl and cap. The cowl is from the Drops site.. it was one of their Christmas specials. (it's a link to the slideshow of the set)

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/darski_2007/?action=view&current=281faaf6.pbw

My computer crashed while trying to get photos posted here. I sure hope that March is not going to continue as it has begun.

I tried to get into the group account but it still won't let me in. I pasted the username and still nothing. I did delete that group I had made in my account so that is not it.

Anyhoo..

Here is my Mists of Avalon set with scarf, hat and wristwarmers. This was a great pattern to use.

mar2.jpg

And here is my knitted cowl and cap. The cowl is from the Drops site.. it was one of their Christmas specials. (it's a link to the slideshow of the set)

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/darski_2007/?action=view&current=281faaf6.pbw

WOW! Darski, they're all gorgeous!!!!:cheer

Anyhoo..

mar2.jpg

Love the set, espically the wrist warmers.

Archived