The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

I think it's time to start thinking about starting my Feb scarf, I have been sorting my craft rooms out and have found some really nice yarn that I could use, but not sure if it's gonna be enough to crochet, so I might knitt one instead.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally finished the mesh for my Feb. amethyst moebius scarf. Have made my 'jewels' and just have to sew them on. I have my hearts cowl done but the hat just did not "work" which caused me to lose my nerve for the wristers.. :sigh

I can't wait for the month to change over so we can see our new crop.

I am a tad stymied for March... well we shall see

I finally finished the mesh for my Feb. amethyst moebius scarf. Have made my 'jewels' and just have to sew them on. I have my hearts cowl done but the hat just did not "work" which caused me to lose my nerve for the wristers.. :sigh

I can't wait for the month to change over so we can see our new crop.

I am a tad stymied for March... well we shall see

I can't wait for the month to change either because I only have 3 more rows to do on my February scarf :clap and it will be completed tonight :hook Darski, I'm so happy you started this CAL it is my first and so much fun!:yay And, I have the yarn and the pattern picked out for March, so I'm ahead of the game for the first time in my life :lol:lol:lol:lol And I KNOW that won't last long!!!:P

I was thinking maybe if you made them all the same length, you could joing them together and make a scarf blanket.

That could be kinda cool!

Whats everyone gonna do with the scarfs they make?

I was thinking maybe if you made them all the same length, you could joing them together and make a scarf blanket.

i really like that idea!! hmmmm i still have today and 3 more days left to get another scarf done....that could be really cool looking and could even be like a sampler blanket...textures, thicknesses, and stitches.

I have loads of marble yarn in pink that I bought a while ago, I used 1 full ball to crochet a scarf with. I might make anotherone, but lengthways instead of widthways. I might even make another scarf for Jan, trying to use up my stash. Was thinking about doing one in white - to resemble a clean slate and a new start.

Okie dokie- finally found the camera cord. My January scarf is in the album! I used Vanna's Seaspray Mist. It is a variation of the Shelly scarf, I made only 3 shells instead of 4, as 4 was too wide for my liking. :hook

th_crochet001.jpg

Love the color. It looks very delicate

th_Janscarf-3.jpg

I used Fantasy Dark Horse Yarn, color #46. I used the stitch called Baby Bobbles from the 365 Crochet Stitches a Year. I used eyelash yarn for the border but not sure if I like it.:eek...This has been alot of fun. I have enjoyed seeing everyone's scarves.

Stacy

I to love the color, Vanna does seem to have some pretty colors.

very nice. :yes

:hook Debra.

For some reason I cant seem to post my pics in the shared album.

hmmm can you view them??

If you can't view them either, is it possible you are logged into photobucket under your personal account?? Try logging out, closing the window or tab, and starting over, signing in as user name cville12scarves2009cal and password 12scarves

then go to the january album, and its just like uploading into your personal account. if you still can't do it, let me know...we'll figure it out.

th_Janscarf-3.jpg

I used Fantasy Dark Horse Yarn, color #46. I used the stitch called Baby Bobbles from the 365 Crochet Stitches a Year. I used eyelash yarn for the border but not sure if I like it.:eek...This has been alot of fun. I have enjoyed seeing everyone's scarves.

:cheerLove it!:cheer Another winner, each and every one of these scarves are so unique. :yay

Mine are for gifts or for charity projects.

Mine too! :D By starting in January and making them all year long, I will have last minute gifts, regular gifts and left over for charity. :clap:clap:clap

Whats everyone gonna do with the scarfs they make?

Most, if not all of the scarves I do will be going to charity. I have a few I want to make for gifts, but am not sure that they will fit into what I am doing for this CAL.

th_Janscarf-3.jpg

Stacy

I to love the color, Vanna does seem to have some pretty colors.

very nice. :yes

:hook Debra.

Beautiful scarf! This CAL is so much fun!!!

:cheer:jumpyay:woo:dance:applause

...it's almost February!!!!

:manyheart:yay:heart

:dreaming I can't wait to see February's scarves!

Unfortunately I started my February scarf to early :lol because I didn't want to fall behind so I started February's scarf early silly me it's not like I had a deadline but I tend to become so absorbed in my work that I tend to give myself a deadline I guess you could say I'm too much of a perfectionist if only I could keep a house that organized

I have my current Feb scarves finished now as well and to be honest I am being challenged by the March ones.

I have a neckwarmer (which I think qualify) that is the prettiest spring green that I can finish - I like it as a march version. but I need something more obviously March like. I guess a shamrock something or other will just have to be done eh? :wlol

I might still do another Feb scarf... will have to see

I have my current Feb scarves finished now as well and to be honest I am being challenged by the March ones.

I have a neckwarmer (which I think qualify) that is the prettiest spring green that I can finish - I like it as a march version. but I need something more obviously March like. I guess a shamrock something or other will just have to be done eh? :wlol

I might still do another Feb scarf... will have to see

I started one for March last night that I just KNEW would be great because it had flowers in it, NOT! :eek The one at http://www.nyyarns.com Olympic Lace Chain Scarf. I just knew if I did it in the really pretty green multi Wisper Soft yarn it would be perfect. :bang

So, I've taken frogged what I had done and now, not sure what I'm going to do. :(:think

I have made January's scarf I just can't suss out how to post a picture yet :eek LOL! It is Rosered's hooded scarf and it is red and black stripes. I made it for my niece and she loved it! My February scarf is gonna be an aran bobble scarf for Moi! Will try to post picture soon. Loving this CAL! :clap

Archived