The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

I am just beginning my search of Rachell's newest patterns for us and already I found this neat scarf. It may be useful some month for some of us...

the bumpy scarf

http://macrochet.blogspot.com/2009/02/free-bumpy-scarf-pattern.html

This is a cool pattern...i did a dishcloth with the same theory. I'll have to try it for a scarf.

added my Feb Scarf to the album- the hearts are a nice touch:manyheart

here is a pic as well

a MAM pattern, in Rose Print- Burgundy and Aran

th_pictures196.jpg

That is really nice looking.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

th_FebruaryScarf.jpg

I ran across this pattern here at the ville.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88245&highlight=overlapping+hearts+bookmark by champygirl

Overlapping Heart Bookmark and thought it would make a pretty scarf.

So I started with Heart #2 and crocheted 20 tied off and then crocheted another 20 and then crocheted them together.. I used some scrap yarn I had Bernat Baby Coordinates Sweet Stripes, color Strawberry Stripes.. Hope you all like it. :hook

th_FebruaryScarf.jpg

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88245&highlight=overlapping+hearts+bookmark by champygirl

So I started with Heart #2 and crocheted 20 tied off and then crocheted another 20 and then crocheted them together.. I used some scrap yarn I had Bernat Baby Coordinates Sweet Stripes, color Strawberry Stripes.. Hope you all like it. :hook

What a great idea. Your scarf is very pretty.

th_FebruaryScarf.jpg

That is beautiful! I was going to do that as well! Now that I see yours I may very well do it.

I like the valentine heart one very nice. ANd the black and red one, very sweet of you. Good valentine colors. My husband seen the squares I was making and said hey can you make me like thirty of those by valentines day for the valentine banquet? Ha! I can't even do enough per day to keep my scarf moving along! I will be lucky to get it done by valentines day! He crochets I should set him up to do them!

I like the valentine heart one very nice. ANd the black and red one, very sweet of you. Good valentine colors. My husband seen the squares I was making and said hey can you make me like thirty of those by valentines day for the valentine banquet? Ha! I can't even do enough per day to keep my scarf moving along! I will be lucky to get it done by valentines day! He crochets I should set him up to do them!

30 by Saturday?! He really has faith in your crochet skills! :lol

I'd say. I can't do that if I stayed up all night and stayed home from work. I have five squares done on my scarf so far. You know you never can have just one project going at a time, there's got to be at least two or.... a dozen.... or so....so things don't move too fast even on days off.

Ok, yesterday when I went to pick up my daughter from school, one of the mothers was wearing the prettiest scarf. It was an olive green, looked to be simply tr or dtr stitches with a large flower at each end. It was adorable! I think the thing that amazed me about it was that the stitches were all perfectly aligned with no gaps on the end for turning chains. I asked her if she made it and she said a friend made it for her before they left the Phillipines. Anyway, I got some yarn yesterday and have been working to figure it out, but all of my tr's slant so they look more like little zig-zags than straight up-and-down. How do I get them to align with such a high stitch? :blush

Ok, yesterday when I went to pick up my daughter from school, one of the mothers was wearing the prettiest scarf. It was an olive green, looked to be simply tr or dtr stitches with a large flower at each end. It was adorable! I think the thing that amazed me about it was that the stitches were all perfectly aligned with no gaps on the end for turning chains. I asked her if she made it and she said a friend made it for her before they left the Phillipines. Anyway, I got some yarn yesterday and have been working to figure it out, but all of my tr's slant so they look more like little zig-zags than straight up-and-down. How do I get them to align with such a high stitch? :blush

I am not quite sure what would cause your slanting effect. Are you making a high enough beginning stitch or chain to align with the standard tr or dbltr?

I keep recommending this video about how to begin a row and it may help to eliminate that gap.

the part I mean starts at about 1:47

If you have a pic of your slanting stitches, we may be able to offer more help.

I am not quite sure what would cause your slanting effect. Are you making a high enough beginning stitch or chain to align with the standard tr or dbltr?

I keep recommending this video about how to begin a row and it may help to eliminate that gap.

the part I mean starts at about 1:47

If you have a pic of your slanting stitches, we may be able to offer more help.

Wonderful tutorial! I've bookmarked that one :tup Thanks Darski :hug

Thank you for that link! I tried it after I took the photo of my piece and it worked wonderfully. The next couple of stitches were even more slanted, though...maybe I am not adding enough turning chains...it is 4 chs for a tr, right?

Here is a pic of the first few rows. See how they kind of slant to the side? When I stretch it either way they stand straight so maybe I'm just being picky...they are straight if I put the stitch in between the two below it instead of directing in one but then the turning chain doesn't work out right. :blush

th_jumprope048.jpg

...hmmm

maybe if you block it, they would stay straight?

Hope you all are having a good week... been busy on an afghan this week, and will not have my V-day scarf done on time:(

Oh, well... dat's ok... my hubby will be so WARM and Happy! It will be worth the delay!

:hug to all, and I will "see" you soon!

I just started on my scarf for March and it is really coming out cute. I figured with the KISS swap starting soon I needed to start my scarf too or it wouldn't get done in time. Sorry but I am not posting any sneek peaks yet. You are just going to have to wait until March to see it. I really love it so far.

I just started on my scarf for March and it is really coming out cute. I figured with the KISS swap starting soon I needed to start my scarf too or it wouldn't get done in time. Sorry but I am not posting any sneek peaks yet. You are just going to have to wait until March to see it. I really love it so far.

:lol my March is done too. Been done. Not sure about it, but it's done, cause I'm in the KISS and the Kitchen swap!!!! I will be very busy the next few weeks :crocheting my little fingers off! :hook

My febuary scarf is one square from being done so I am going to finish it tomarro. Didn't get any crocheting done today I worked half of first and all of second. I came home long enough for an hour nap then back to work, then forgot my crochet. I have down time at work that gives me time to crochet on seconds but forgot! I had to help with third shift work to keep busy during down time! Oh well, they were happy. I have to do it again tomarro possibly, so I will be tired! But I will remember my crochet! It's heart squares all hooked together in soft pink caron simply soft. I lost my camera So no pictures for now, of that one or my january one. I have two planned for march but not much time, so I don't know. Might have to do the one for march for april.

Thank you for that link! I tried it after I took the photo of my piece and it worked wonderfully. The next couple of stitches were even more slanted, though...maybe I am not adding enough turning chains...it is 4 chs for a tr, right?

Here is a pic of the first few rows. See how they kind of slant to the side? When I stretch it either way they stand straight so maybe I'm just being picky...they are straight if I put the stitch in between the two below it instead of directing in one but then the turning chain doesn't work out right. :blush

th_jumprope048.jpg

I have been considering this concern of your slanting stitches. My only thought on this is that perhaps your way of making the stitches pulls them to one side. When I want to make my stitches a little taller, I pull the stitch/YO a tad more than usual and I am aware that I tend to pull the stitches towards the right to make this happen.

Is is possible that you are doing that pulling to the side?

with my normal stitch formation, I tend to pull straight up, It is just because I am doing something different (extending the st) that I see this pull to the right. :think

I am making the "Mists of Avalon" scarf for March (yeah Paulissa :cheer ) but mine is a rather strong green colour.

I am thinking it will still be a pretty scarf but not necessarily 'misty'. I might try it again if I find a yarn in the colour I want.

Archived