The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

th_2009MarchScarf.jpg

After much frustration with Photobucket :( and not getting a good color on the photo, here's my March scarf.

What an interesting scarf! I :manyheart it. What pattern did you use?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally missed out February's scarf...couldn't think of anything for some reason but here's a scarf I just finished a few minutes ago. It's the La Mer Scarf - tunisian scarf. I used Sinfonia "ladrillo" (brick) color. I changed the fringe for the scarf to better suit me. I'm not too keen on beads and actually, this is my first beading project. Let me know what you think. The scarf measures about 68". Daughter is already claiming it - FAT CHANCE

My March scarf

IMG00142.jpg

Oh wow! All of these scarves are gorgeous! Truly!

I haven't forgotten you ladies, I promise. I just find myself at a point where time is a luxury right now and the first thing to go is the computer. The second is crochet time. I've not even a stitch done for February! Of course, it *is* a short month! Hope to have more time soon! Can't wait to see more March scarves :)

What an interesting scarf! I :manyheart it. What pattern did you use?

The pattern came from here:

http://www.woolcrafting.com/ripple-scarf-pattern.html

I don't think using the multi-color green :yarn was such a good idea :lol I did 4 rows of the multi, 3 of the white, then 4 of the multi and the alternate fringe. :think Probably would have been better a solid white or a solid green to show off the pattern.

Since I didn't get a chance to make a scarf IN February, I'll add this one as my belated February scarf. Son asked for a quick scarf in his choice of colors on Monday evening so I got to some serious :crocheting. The just finished scarf measures about 61".

IMG00143.jpg

Since I didn't get a chance to make a scarf IN February, I'll add this one as my belated February scarf. Son asked for a quick scarf in his choice of colors on Monday evening so I got to some serious :crocheting. The just finished scarf measures about 61".

IMG00143.jpg

Love the scarf:manyheart

IMG00143.jpg

Great scarf!!!

I don't think using the multi-color green :yarn was such a good idea :lol I did 4 rows of the multi, 3 of the white, then 4 of the multi and the alternate fringe. :think Probably would have been better a solid white or a solid green to show off the pattern.

I think the multi made it more interesting! It is lovely!

Jeannie: your son's scarf is WAY COOL! It looks sooo warm and nice!

Jeannie I really like that scarf. It would be a great school scarf in your colours. Really neat and looks warm.

Ana yours is just so lovely. That yarn and the colour really catch the eye.

I think the variegated is what made it so interesting! It has a sort-of swirled effect. Very neat.

Just update photobucket with my scarves, I have been a bit behind :blush on some of my projects but now that I am laid off I guess I have some time to get my act together and finish up some UFO.....

Posted another scarf for January, 2 for February and holding on to the March release until I finish up the second one.

th_Januaryscarf2.jpg

Second one for January - reminds me of the changing sky

th_FebruaryScarf2.jpg

This is one for February - color choosen due to birthstone

th_Februaryscarf.jpg

This is the second one for February yarn color is Berries, but it reminds me of the colors of gifts for Valentines day. Roses and Chocolates

All images are clickable

Wow! Kelley-

awesome scarves! I like your descriptions as well...

sorry about you getting laid off :( ... it seems to be a sign of the times :sigh

... I can't wait to see your March scarves!

Keep your chin up :hug

Beautiful scarves, Kelly!

I will also say a prayer for your job situation. We have also been effected by the economy and it is frustrating, to say the least. :blush

Archived