Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

A quick hello to everyone. I was able to get a Christmas Tree :ctree and after Thanksgiving we'll set it up to make sure it works i.e. the lights. I made some cutout cookies this past weekend for an office Christmas party. Our theme is "Ugly Sweater" so I am making ugly sweater cookies. I'm half done so far.

LOTS of snow here in Colorado!!!  We got a snow day off of work yesterday. :yay  :mdust  :dance  It was so nice to be home all day and out of the wind/rain/snow/ice.

oooh i love cut out sugar cookies, you are so inventive, to make them look like sweaters, lol WOw, lots of snow too, but your all are sorta used to that, I sure, lol.......glsf you got your tree!! happy decorating it@@

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just popping in to say Hi since there is nothing excititng going on here.

well carol, i guess there is something to be said for nothing going on, in light of elsewhere in the world, so we are grateful for that, right, ..nothing new here either, on the home front, so snow expected tomorrow, probably just a dusting, i dunno, I don't have to do anything or go anywhere tomorrow, so let it snow, don't forget, first snow fall of the winter, you must light a candle, then you will have good luck, all season long!!! it's true, my gammysaid so!!

h again, forgot to mention, i will be working/.revising the list on the first post very  soon,so please check your info. If you are not on the list, please message me, with your info, and prefs (addy, size, color) and Ill get youi in for 2016. Some unfoertunately have dropped, others have gone mia, and some newbies have joined,and  other previous members re joined, please  look for your info, under the heading of your bday month, and update me if needed., Thanks all,bday  square starting in Jan ok. thanks........

Hello all!

Had to go to work tonight so nothing going on here ;) We had rain today, was a very gloomy day. Took a nap so I would be able to stay awake at work all night :)

I hope everyone's day was wonderful

h again, forgot to mention, i will be working/.revising the list on the first post very  soon,so please check your info. If you are not on the list, please message me, with your info, and prefs (addy, size, color) and Ill get youi in for 2016. Some unfoertunately have dropped, others have gone mia, and some newbies have joined,and  other previous members re joined, please  look for your info, under the heading of your bday month, and update me if needed., Thanks all,bday  square starting in Jan ok. thanks........

I need to get the last squares of this ghan put together and figure out what I want to do next...  :think  I'll get right on that and let you know!  :)

All you ladies with snow just need to keep that out your way! I was wearing a t-shirt and flip flops out today- it was almost 70! And again tomorrow too! Back to more seasonal temps after that though. I'm just hoping the snow holds off because I'm not at all prepared!!  :no

I went with Sister and Peanut to Sister's doctor's appointment today and kept Peanut occupied. We should've brought a toy or two in but turns out if you give the kid your phone, a set of keys and a Twizzler, he manages just fine!  :D  He even gave me a big hug and TWO kisses before I left this evening!! You practically have to beg him for kisses now, so I definitely appreciated them! 

I finished my hat for Kim Guzman's most recent CAL. It's her Twisty Cabled Beanie. I think my head is too small, or maybe the hat is just supposed to be slouchy, but I feel like it's too big. Oh well. I'll see if Sister likes it. Her head is bigger than mine and no, I've never let her forget it! ;)  I might see if I can manage it smaller and tighter and make them for chemo hats to donate because it really was a fun pattern.

Tomorrow is a grocery store trip and I think I'm going to make a trip to Target to see if I can finish up the last little bit for the stocking swap. I was hoping to get that out this week but it looks like it'll happen next week instead. Still before the deadline though, so that's good!

Okay, I'm off for the night. I want to try to get some of these balls of yarn from my aunt used up on my scrap c2c so my stashbusting score isn't quite so miserable on Saturday! I hope everyone is having a good week so far! :)  

I can't believe it's a week before Thanksgiving. Where did all those months go? We have been cleaning out dad's basement and garage. Garage is done. Its overwhelming as it is full of stuff- tools, washing machines he was going to scrap, tools more tools clothes stuff on shelves stuff in rafters stuff over sewer pipes stuff stored in the washers wood more tools anything he thought he might ever need to fix something and ton of lawn chemicals. And its not all his. Stepmom has a fair amount there too but she marked the things she wants to keep as she left for FL mid Oct and won't be back until April. Oh yeah we need to clean out the storage area under the sun room and two sheds. About the time my back and knee quit aching it time too start over. Last Sat we went through my mom's Christmas boxes which hadn't been opened in 20 years.

Hi all! Just wanted to check in quick because I read throughout the day and then forget to pop in and say hi in the evening when I've got a minute. I promise I've never forgotten you!  :)

There hasn't been a whole lot to report... doctor's appointment yesterday and just sitting around the house today. Tomorrow Sister has a doctor's appointment so I'll go with her and occupy Peanut. Hopefully I have a fully charged phone and it's a quick appointment because he's got your standard almost 2 attention span! 

Hershey, we've all done that so many times! I've realized if I hit something up near the backspace it takes me back a page and I lose everything. I've done it enough where I've learned how to get it back! When you lose what you've been typing, go to the "More Reply Options" and at the bottom lefthand corner of the reply box you'll see where it says "View Auto Saved Content". Click that and it will pull up a little window of everything you just typed up to the point where it saved. Then you can click "restore content" and you'll have it back. You may be missing a couple words or sentences but most of it will be back!  :D  Losing what I've typed has made me so mad sometimes that I've just given up trying to post. 

I'm pretty sure I had something else to tell you all, but I can't remember it. Oh well! I'll try to check back in tomorrow with a better reply to everyone!  :)

LoL!! Thank you so much Nikki!!! I will try to remember this for sure because this is just what happened!!

cshort - hope you are doing so much better and can't wait to see pics of the baby outfits.

katyallen - you've gotta get some sleep girl!! You sound like me.. So thankful for all you do here...

Tribble - Little Tribble is so cute!

jessicali - :hug  I am so sorry you are having to go through all that dental work... I know that is a bummer!

yarnscrapper - look at you! already baking Christmas cookies and I'm still wondering how I'm going to get Thanksgiving dinner cooked for the family...

brenda - :hug  :hug  to you... I know it bittersweet and sometimes just bitter to have go through our parents stuff later....

Hoping you all have a nice night!!

I might have found us a new house with 10+ acres in a small town close to here called Odessa. I love it... It will be the MOST we have EVER paid for a house (currently the most we've ever paid is $30,000, This one is a LOT more - but worth it I think), but it's gorgeous and has enough bedrooms for all the kids to have their own rooms and an Office for me for my It Works business! It's got a 3 acre lake on it and is just gorgeous. The ONLY unfinished part of it is the basement, but that's still fine! It's even got a "safe room" in the basement for storms! I'm so excited. Hubby has been looking for a place with land so he can get a few head of cattle, so I decided to take a gander on Craigslist today. That's where we found our current house.. So fingers crossed!

Bgs. we worked about a year, on my mom's house, after her passing, but we also had to update it enough to sell, painting inside and out, five bedrooms, two garages,gamm's own apt downstaiars with kitchen,and fireplace, yeah, huge. it  sat on a double lot, it was big, my dad builti tt. anyway, we finally finished carpeting painting, and plumbing fixes, along with also the cleaning out of every room, everycloset,nnoks and crannies, under thestairs, in he work shop, (dad was a wood worker/home builder,  2 garages, cupboards,and a recroom fullof idunno, stuff!! She wasn' a hoarder by any means, however, she was a Procrastinator.....

Re doing the hardwood floors and kitchen floor, and counters were the hardest part I think, and we had to take the huge stove apart, to get it out, guess they bought it befor the kitchen walls went up!! Ifeel your pain..We finished a deck/balconey ,my dad had started, but  passed befor e he could get it done, and not to mention, like you, the yard and landscaping.   I remember all the time we were there working on it, i thought, gee, wish we could have done this when she could have enjoyed some of it,and my dad too,  but that was not to be i guess, but i know, she was there sometimes with us, looking on at all the changes, and smiling..standing right beisde my dad .     ..Your dad is watching too.   ... I promise...

We are alone this thanksgiving, daughter invited us and her inlaws, but we decided to stay at home for our own dinner, with l eftovers later, haha....I wish her well, she will be expecting at least 10 people, withou counting if we were to have gone, sooooothank goodness she is a good cook!!! her in laws don't cooke, every night is like pizza, and chineese, which is great now and then, but they do it all the time.so they will certainly enjoy her turkey oh and her cheesecake...umm.

punpkin cheescake, to die for!! They will be here though on christmas though, so it all works..

I hope you all have your thanksgiving plans all in order, and if traveling, please be safe..

Im so thirsty, gotta go for now, get a nice cold coke.see ya tomorrow all.

I need to get the last squares of this ghan put together and figure out what I want to do next...  :think  I'll get right on that and let you know!  :)

All you ladies with snow just need to keep that out your way! I was wearing a t-shirt and flip flops out today- it was almost 70! And again tomorrow too! Back to more seasonal temps after that though. I'm just hoping the snow holds off because I'm not at all prepared!!  :no

I went with Sister and Peanut to Sister's doctor's appointment today and kept Peanut occupied. We should've brought a toy or two in but turns out if you give the kid your phone, a set of keys and a Twizzler, he manages just fine!  :D  He even gave me a big hug and TWO kisses before I left this evening!! You practically have to beg him for kisses now, so I definitely appreciated them! 

It was warm the past few days here also! Glad its not horribly cold yet. I hate cold weather. Little Tribble hasn't given lots of kisses since he was like one! He'll give hugs sometimes but kisses not so often...

I can't believe it's a week before Thanksgiving. Where did all those months go? We have been cleaning out dad's basement and garage. Garage is done. Its overwhelming as it is full of stuff- tools, washing machines he was going to scrap, tools more tools clothes stuff on shelves stuff in rafters stuff over sewer pipes stuff stored in the washers wood more tools anything he thought he might ever need to fix something and ton of lawn chemicals. And its not all his. Stepmom has a fair amount there too but she marked the things she wants to keep as she left for FL mid Oct and won't be back until April. Oh yeah we need to clean out the storage area under the sun room and two sheds. About the time my back and knee quit aching it time too start over. Last Sat we went through my mom's Christmas boxes which hadn't been opened in 20 years.

I'm not sure how it's Thanksgiving already either! This year has flown!

LoL!! Thank you so much Nikki!!! I will try to remember this for sure because this is just what happened!!

cshort - hope you are doing so much better and can't wait to see pics of the baby outfits.

katyallen - you've gotta get some sleep girl!! You sound like me.. So thankful for all you do here...

Tribble - Little Tribble is so cute!

jessicali - :hug  I am so sorry you are having to go through all that dental work... I know that is a bummer!

yarnscrapper - look at you! already baking Christmas cookies and I'm still wondering how I'm going to get Thanksgiving dinner cooked for the family...

brenda - :hug  :hug  to you... I know it bittersweet and sometimes just bitter to have go through our parents stuff later....

Hoping you all have a nice night!!

Thank you hersey038. Little Tribble is as ornery as he looks too!

I might have found us a new house with 10+ acres in a small town close to here called Odessa. I love it... It will be the MOST we have EVER paid for a house (currently the most we've ever paid is $30,000, This one is a LOT more - but worth it I think), but it's gorgeous and has enough bedrooms for all the kids to have their own rooms and an Office for me for my It Works business! It's got a 3 acre lake on it and is just gorgeous. The ONLY unfinished part of it is the basement, but that's still fine! It's even got a "safe room" in the basement for storms! I'm so excited. Hubby has been looking for a place with land so he can get a few head of cattle, so I decided to take a gander on Craigslist today. That's where we found our current house.. So fingers crossed!

oooh a new house! That sounds awesome!!! Congrats!

I didn't do anything today but sleep cause I had to work again tonight. Our house looks like a cyclone went through it. Believe me it's pretty bad! Oh well, I'll work on that this weekend when I am off.

We have to work on the small closet we built in the utility room. Hubby for once has his own closet even though it's small. He's excited. Of course everyones shoes is in there right now and will probably remain, but he has his own place to hang up his clothes.

Little Tribble and I will also probably paint some this weekend. We have things outside (concrete) that we need to paint and we have the ornaments and voodoo salt dough ornaments to work on.

Have a good night all!!

So excited yesterday - my sewing machine foot pedal finally arrived! Actually, it was taking so long I checked my order email to see if I could find the status. Turned out the mail carrier put it behind our storm door in the front (which we don't use, since there's no airlock for the pets, and it wasn't easily visible when LV checked for packages, which he does fairly regularly), so it had been sitting there for a week while I hand-stitched elastic into a pair of too-big pants. Spent four days doing by hand what took three minutes with the machine on the next pair. :P And then I had to take both out, because it wasn't enough, and I just did new elastic through the whole casing anyway. Life!

Almost the weekend.... everybody have a good Friday tomorrow to lead into it! :D

jessicali I know how you feel to. I brush and floss mulitiple times a day and I have the worst teeth on the planet. My children sucked the calcium right out of them. Especially my first one for I wasn't a milk drinker and still ain't. I feel your pain. I have 4 girls and boy the closest is the two girls 13 months a part. I hope you are doing well now and mending nicely.

Hi everyone, I'm totally behind on posts again! lol 

I had that problem with my teeth too, totally brushed and flossed all the time and still had a lot of cavities. NOT.FUN.

I hope everyone is doing okay! Katy, I'm going to PM you to update my preferences for next year!  :D

Thanksgiving next week! How is that possible???  :ttalk  :ttalk  :ttalk

Hey girls!! DD didn't go to school today ( they are out now until week after next for Thanksgiving) so I got to sleep in just a bit. Sitting with my morning coffee and checking out what you ladies are up to. Fixing to get ready to go get one of my GS's for the day.. I have to drive to the next town over- their house is 45 miles from here , and then take him home tonight..

jessicali  that is awsome about the house!! How exciting!! :hyper  I SOOO hope that works out for you!! and the cows for your husband just made me laugh... You will become a farm girl like me.. Our whole lives revolve around the cows... :rolleyes

katyallen  I kind of wish I could spend Thanksgiving like you and your DH... we have to go to my DH's mother's house for lunch ( and she is DIFFICULT) and then I always have Thanksgiving supper here for our children.. we are a blended family with grown children and the DD still at home.. That was going to be hard enough to do itself, but then I found out last night the same DIL that I'm getting my GS from today is not coming because she is having her folks and my children's father at her house Thanksgivng night... SOOO

tribble  I know what you mean about the house looking like a cyclone went through it!! I try as hard as I can but mine is never 'clean' the way I really think 'clean' ought to be.. Been this way for 4 years now since I came down with fibro :tired  but I am getting slowly better -and I'm believing I am going to whip this! So there is always hope!! :) 

VikingRunnerGirl  :lol  just reading about your working so hard while that little foot was there all along... I'm with ya girl!! I have done stuff like that a lot of times, but so glad you got it and you can enjoy your work now..

:waving  Owlvamp and JustAddGlitter

and :ghug  to everyone!! Hope everyone has a Great Friday leading to the weekend!

Hi all, I'm behind too. Been dealing with this stuff with my dad and getting no where but him in worse pain than ever. I have a feeling we will spend Thanksgiving in the hospital as it's almost to the point of taking him to the er for his pain. Mom is so stressed over his pain, taking care of him and the bills piling up since she can't work that yesterday I set up a gofundme account for them but it seems that everything I touch goes to poop so even though they've had a bunch of shares, only 2 donations and I feel even worse. I bawled all morning yesterday and then went to the po and got a gift from a fg and then bawled more. Sad huh. I've helped all I can and making 2 hour round trips about 3 times a week. Just exhausted from the stress so I know my mom is bad off. 

I've been working on my stocking swap, a patched giraffe and some newborn clothes I'm doing a trade for. I poke my head in every now and then just for a break from life but not posting much. Sorry bout that. I hope you're all doing well and have a good weekend.

My teeth aren't the best either. I never did like milk so there's that.

Viking yes sewing by hand is so tedious! I like doing it but it takes forever!!!

Solo, I hope things get better for everyone. Its so hard to juggle so much!

Going to sleep till time to pick up little Tribble. Have a good day will trty to check in later!!!

Hi everyone, I'm totally behind on posts again! lol 

I had that problem with my teeth too, totally brushed and flossed all the time and still had a lot of cavities. NOT.FUN.

I hope everyone is doing okay! Katy, I'm going to PM you to update my preferences for next year!  :D

Thanksgiving next week! How is that possible???  :ttalk  :ttalk  :ttalk

hi mglitter, I  got your request, and made changes, on the first post list, thank you!

we are setting up here for a snow event, i have my candle ready to light at the fist sign of flurries!!! Everyone seems so troubled i hope all of you  get through your trials and tribulations safely, and soon, so you can all enjoy the holidays.........Hugs to all, tilllater............

Sopo so sorry about your dad. I know how you always wish you could have done more but at the end of the day you have to somehow find peace in knowing you did the best you could and you know everyone's best is different. I was so excited to see you got that pocket for your tote. I was hoping she would make you one. I tried one once. It took forever for me to get it right and was the hardest project I have ever tackled.

Happy Friday everyone!!  Only six days til Thanksgiving!!!  WHAT????? :2spin   Let the family fun begin!!  I'm in a blended family and every turkey day is the step-kids. They are grown adults but they never let us know if they are going to be here or not.  We don't mind either way if they come or not, it's just nice to know...Oh well. It's all about the food anyway, isn't it?  :rofl   

I still have to make more cookies for the party. One more batch of baking and then decorating. I should have them done within the next couple of days. Then I can relax and know that my portion of the party planning is mostly done.

Hugs to everyone who is not up to par...(and hugs to everyone who is up to par) :applause

Hey ya'll, I am just checking in. Just in under the weather a little. Had 2nd shot in right knee today. Kinda got to stay off my feet. Which is hard to do. When you feel like you have a million of things to get done. Oh, well. I have a lot of crochetig to do. Its a good time to catch up on it. So, just popping in to say "HI" Take everyone. Love Arlene :hug

Hello everyone. Sounds like you are all staying busy. I usually host Thanksgiving dinner but my daughter decided she wanted to host it this year so I just have to make sweet potatos. I'm also going early to help her set up and I'm sure I'll help with clean up too. I only have 2 days of work next week  :yay . I won't be shopping on black Friday either, I don't care much for shopping and those crazy crowds are just too much for me. I'm having a lot of fun buying fabric and sewing for the new baby, maybe a little too much fun, so that is what I will be doing on black friday and maybe decorating the Christmas tree. Guess thats about it for now. Have a great weekend everyone.

Hi all. I'm doing ok. My Dr gave me a rx for Buspar hoping that it helps me as I'm not currently taking anything and having more trouble dealing than I thought. But, baby Jade is doing great and growing right on track. At my 20 week ultrasound she weighed about 12 ounces and looks prefect. I go back for another ultrasound December 21st to check growth but they aren't concerned about anything bad. However I've been measuring 2weeks bigger at my last few appointments. So she may just be a big baby. post-39682-0-56199300-1448145281_thumb.jpg

Archived