Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

We have our last Nutcracker rehearsal until the week before performance and I am THRILLED. Mommy needs a break. LOL Got pictures taken today in her costume, then a rehearsal, then 2 classes on Monday and then I am DONE with ballet taxi until after Thanksgiving.  :woo

I hope everyone that is dealing with illness and/or other issues find some peace soon. I'm thinking about all of you!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

The holidays seem to be hitting kind of hard for some us!!

:ghug  to everyone!!!

SOPO - my heart goes out to you and sending prayers!! I agree with Brenda... you are only human and can only do so much.. I can feel your frustration though that you worry it's not enough when you see how big the need is... :hug  :hug

IMMAFREAK -- so glad to know you are still hanging in there!! You have so much to look forward to...

Hello everyone. Sounds like you are all staying busy. I usually host Thanksgiving dinner but my daughter decided she wanted to host it this year so I just have to make sweet potatos. I'm also going early to help her set up and I'm sure I'll help with clean up too. I only have 2 days of work next week  :yay . I won't be shopping on black Friday either, I don't care much for shopping and those crazy crowds are just too much for me. I'm having a lot of fun buying fabric and sewing for the new baby, maybe a little too much fun, so that is what I will be doing on black friday and maybe decorating the Christmas tree. Guess thats about it for now. Have a great weekend everyone.

sounds good Carol enjoy being a guest, instead of a hostess, lol good luck on that tree I used to put ours up the day after thanksgiving too cause i always had it off when i worked, these days, it's uh oh, whenever, lol

Hi all. I'm doing ok. My Dr gave me a rx for Buspar hoping that it helps me as I'm not currently taking anything and having more trouble dealing than I thought. But, baby Jade is doing great and growing right on track. At my 20 week ultrasound she weighed about 12 ounces and looks prefect. I go back for another ultrasound December 21st to check growth but they aren't concerned about anything bad. However I've been measuring 2weeks bigger at my last few appointments. So she may just be a big baby. attachicon.gifimage.jpg

wow good for you and baby, all is well, we can beathe a bit easier now...

We have our last Nutcracker rehearsal until the week before performance and I am THRILLED. Mommy needs a break. LOL Got pictures taken today in her costume, then a rehearsal, then 2 classes on Monday and then I am DONE with ballet taxi until after Thanksgiving.  :woo

I hope everyone that is dealing with illness and/or other issues find some peace soon. I'm thinking about all of you!

I would love to see a pic of your darling ballerina in costume, how cute... I bet she rocks it!!!

Hello!

The holidays seem to be hitting kind of hard for some us!!

:ghug  to everyone!!!

SOPO - my heart goes out to you and sending prayers!! I agree with Brenda... you are only human and can only do so much.. I can feel your frustration though that you worry it's not enough when you see how big the need is... :hug  :hug

IMMAFREAK -- so glad to know you are still hanging in there!! You have so much to look forward to...

sopo,bGS, AND Hershey, and owlvamp, and all the rest of you,  thinking about you as well, and how you are doing... Hershey, good to see your post, as always, it is always so easy to read, i love your font, and color!!

all in all, a few days before turkey day, can you believe it is almost here, and no, i never have cared for shopping on black friday either carol, i tell you, i don't want anything that bad, lolol

There are deals out there, if you have the inclination to stand in lines, and fight crowds, and to tell you the truth, we have sort of been avoiding large crowds,and busy places  these days, you know.

But i got our turkey today, and all the fixings, so we are set.. wishing all you the best of the best for the holiday season, starting with a gobble gobble gobble!!!        :ttalk  :ttalk  :tdance

katy did you get much snow? Yesterday we woke up and had a touch of white stuff on the ground. Looks like it sleeted for a bit and then turned over to snow. The wind has been really cold too.

Jessicali hope the new place works out. How far and which direction is it from Odessa?

Yesterday morning I spent craft time with my sister at her church. They were making ornaments out of burned out light bulbs. We spent the afternoon working at my dad's house. Then I did my grocery shopping for Thurs which meant unloading and putting them away at 1030 pm. Needless to say I was exhausted. I hate that the shelves at the grocery store in town are always empty anymore so now I shop stores farther away when we are near them doing other things.

workin on some cute things for my brunch bunch in Dec, ill post when i finish them all up...  and finished a couple homespun scarves for Dec donation, made a few squares for some both here, and outside the thread, and hope to catch up in time to cook a turkey on THurday, lol...         wishing everyone a grand holiday, stay warm, stay well, stay safe........... and we never got any snow , just a slight dusting as it went north of us.....    but I hear Iowa, and Ill, got dumped on.   sorry folks, winter is sooo ubnpredictable!!

and bgs, how do you do the light bulb ornament, lol, show me one, he he he....you always make such neat things.....

:flake  :wcold  :wbrr  :snow

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is staying warm and safe and getting all their goodies ready for Thanksgiving.

My niece text me last night to ask if I was making cornbread for Thanksgiving. I told her I was in charge of sweet potatoes and that she needed to chech with my daughter about the cornbread. So today my brother and niece stopped by, my niece asked if I would be willing to share my cornbread recipe so she can make it for Thanksgiving. She was very relieved when I told her it's the recipe on the Quaker Corn Meal box and not some fancy secret recipe :lol , she enjoys baking so I'm sure the cornbread will be delicious.

I've had a very productive weekend in my sewing room, I made 11 receiving blankets and 13 burp cloths, I also cut out 13 bibs. i really need to take some pics to post, maybe over the very long weekend that is coming.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Katy I left mine with my sister. You can google lightbulb ornaments. They have snowmen santas jack o lanterns reindeer penguins etc. You can paint them and add hats and scarves. I like to use mod podge and layer on strips of tissue paper and then paint on gltter glue. You can mod podge the bulb and dump glitter on them. Those were really pretty. One lady wrapped one with jute and it looked like a pair. Can't wait to see what you have come up with for your brunch bunch.

Hope everyone's doing well. I'm trying to finish up a Light Pink/Light Yellow/White Pastel Tweed Round Ripple blanket to send to my cousin who had her baby last month. I'm so behind. 

I'm going to run to Walmart tomorrow to grab some boyish varigated yarn to pair with a solid color boy color for another round ripple for my other cousin who is due sometime in December. 

Been working on some other stuff for my swap partner for the Stocking Stuffer swap. I'm not sure how much more I can make & fit in the stocking LOL! 

Arlene and Lacey, I hope you're both feeling better! 

Stephanie, I hope your dad is finding some sort of relief. 

I didn't realize it had been so long since I checked in! I think reading off and on throughout the day screws me up. I feel like I've been here but don't think about the fact that I never actually said anything. 

We haven't been doing a lot here. I've been working on another hat from the Kim Guzman pattern and trying to catch up on my Moogly squares. I'm almost there, still have 2 to do in order to be caught up. The last one will be out before I'm there, but at least I'm closer than I was a couple days ago. 

DH and I finally made our Thanksgiving plans. We went to Dad's last year but it's a long drive and we'd have to come back either on Black Friday or Saturday, past a huge outlet shopping mall, and then we have a football game 2+ hours away on Sunday so it just wasn't practical this year. So we'll go to my cousin's house instead. They've always had a big dinner there and it's only a couple hours away as opposed to 7 like my dad's. We'll go there on Wednesday and come back on Friday. There is very very little cell signal and no internet there so after Tuesday, I won't be back until Friday evening. 

Tomorrow I'm off to Sister's to get a visit in before we head out of town. She's doing Thanksgiving at Peanut's grandparents' house with her boyfriend. We'll probably run out typical errands and I'll steal all the kisses and love I can get!  :)

Okay, I think it's time to head to bed. I hope everyone had a good weekend!! 

Sorry i havent checked in. Been extrememly busy and very tired.

I fell a sleep for a few hours and now i am up so been cleaning house and thought i would take a break and see what you all are up to.

Thanksgiving is just a few days away. I have almost everything for it. Need to get milk, bananas and rolls.

I believe I will be ready or not.

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I've been missing in action-this no computer thing is killing me. I'm on my tablet right now, but typing is a pain in the petootie!

I'm doing thanksgiving, I'll have my kids, my SO, and a few folks from the neighborhood that have no place to go. Everyone should have some kind of Thanksgiving if they so desire, so I'm picking up a 22nd pound bird and a huge spiral ham, and tons of trimmings. Money is tight, but it's important to me that we have a traditional holiday, so we might just be eating leftovers for the week following, but that's OK!

I too stay far away from any shopping on black Friday. I hate shopping to begin with, and the insane crowds would just be too overwhelming. I'd rather do cyber Monday. Good deals and I shop in my pjs!

I can't wait to start my Christmas decorating! I adore Christmas and all of the feelings the season gives me. I have to get a new tree this year, but might go with a real one just for this year.

Well my battery is about to die so I'll come back later and check in. Happy Monday everyone!

I decided to do some Christmas shopping after work today, I'll make a couple stops after work tomorrow and I will be finished with gift shopping. :clap I am not a shopper so having my holiday shopping done is a big relief. Tomorrow is my Friday as far as work is concerned this week, I'm looking forward to the extra long weekend. Guess thats about it for me, have a nice night.

hi all  everyones busy makijng their turkey plans, i thank goodness, don't feel the hustle and bustle I usually doing, cooking for more than us, but this year, it feels a lot easier, h a ha, we don't care if we have to wait for the turkey to brown, or the gravy to thicken, it's just us!!

Well the things im making for the brunch brunch are almost done, have i think two or three more, and im done, then I will snap a pic for you all, simple idea, but they look so cute, and i thought of it myself, lol I have never seen them before, so its all mine, lol

well peeps, gotta take a break now, and watch the dancing with the stars, so will say adiou for now, stay warm, stay well, and for oodness sakes, Stay Safe!!!!!!!!

I was getting ready to put the beautiful tissue cozy I won from Katy on its first box of tissue when Audrey came in and said, "Oooooo pretty hat!"

post-50331-0-40909300-1448369566_thumb.jpg

:D  :lol  :heart  I thought you would get a kick out of that, Katy! And I will definitely post a picture of her in her costume! We actually had to buy something called "cheer hair" which is basically this ponytail full of fake curls. lol This has been an experience!

In other news, I THOUGHT I was done going to the store for Thanksgiving but yeah right. lol I have to go back today for Cool Whip and trash bags. I really hope that's IT. lol Also, going to get my haircut again. I chopped it ALL off last month in a pixie cut and it's already too long so I need a trim! lol

Hope everyone has a great day! I'll pop back in before Thanksgiving!  :waving

I was getting ready to put the beautiful tissue cozy I won from Katy on its first box of tissue when Audrey came in and said, "Oooooo pretty hat!"

attachicon.giftissuehat.jpg

:D  :lol  :heart  I thought you would get a kick out of that, Katy! And I will definitely post a picture of her in her costume! We actually had to buy something called "cheer hair" which is basically this ponytail full of fake curls. lol This has been an experience!

In other news, I THOUGHT I was done going to the store for Thanksgiving but yeah right. lol I have to go back today for Cool Whip and trash bags. I really hope that's IT. lol Also, going to get my haircut again. I chopped it ALL off last month in a pixie cut and it's already too long so I need a trim! lol

She sure looks cute modeling it.

Well Thanksgiving is just two days away and there is so much I should be doing but don't much care if it gets done or not. I usually pull furniture to clean behind and under it. The food will be ready and my Christmas stuff is up. A sister and niece will be here for Thanksgiving. Fri we will go shopping. Since a lot of the stores started opening so early we have noticed by Fri 8am there are more employees in the stores than customers. After a little shopping we go to Crown Center not so much to shop but to see the decorations and listen to the music. We used to take my niece there to see Santa when she was little. Sat we usually make cookies using my grandma's cookie cutters but this year my other sisters are going to meet us to work at dad's house. See I really need to be resting up and not pulling furniture any way.

That is too funny! And it really does make a cute hat! 

Well Thanksgiving is just two days away and there is so much I should be doing but don't much care if it gets done or not. I usually pull furniture to clean behind and under it. The food will be ready and my Christmas stuff is up. A sister and niece will be here for Thanksgiving. Fri we will go shopping. Since a lot of the stores started opening so early we have noticed by Fri 8am there are more employees in the stores than customers. After a little shopping we go to Crown Center not so much to shop but to see the decorations and listen to the music. We used to take my niece there to see Santa when she was little. Sat we usually make cookies using my grandma's cookie cutters but this year my other sisters are going to meet us to work at dad's house. See I really need to be resting up and not pulling furniture any way.

I think you made the right choice! Nobody will notice whether you pulled out the furniture anyway, and even if someone did, they'll know what's going on and nobody will judge!  :hug

I just had to pop in quick (mainly in case I forgot tonight) and let you all know I finally got the last 6 squares attached to my ghan and I'm all finished!!  :D DH is going to help me get a picture later this afternoon because it's BIG and I need assistance!

Now I need to decide what I want to do for the next one... I'm thinking shades of blue in 6 round grannies so I can do an ombre looking ghan, but I'm not sure if that's being too specific. Anyone have any feedback?

Okay, off for a few... I need to gather up things for tomorrow so we can leave after lunch and I need to call my cousin and see if she thought of any food we can bring. I'll be back later tonight!  :)

Too cute!

Wow you have a busy weekend planned. I'm tired just from reading about it.

I think you made the right choice! Nobody will notice whether you pulled out the furniture anyway, and even if someone did, they'll know what's going on and nobody will judge!  :hug

I just had to pop in quick (mainly in case I forgot tonight) and let you all know I finally got the last 6 squares attached to my ghan and I'm all finished!!  :D DH is going to help me get a picture later this afternoon because it's BIG and I need assistance!

Now I need to decide what I want to do for the next one... I'm thinking shades of blue in 6 round grannies so I can do an ombre looking ghan, but I'm not sure if that's being too specific. Anyone have any feedback?

Okay, off for a few... I need to gather up things for tomorrow so we can leave after lunch and I need to call my cousin and see if she thought of any food we can bring. I'll be back later tonight!  :)

Congratulations on finishing your afghan, I can't wait to see it.

I am off from work until Monday  :yay . I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, I think my stuffy nose has become a sinus infection, and then I might stop at Walmart to get stocking stuffers so my Christmas shopping will be completely finished :yay . Then I'll come home and sew or crochet and relax. I finally have pictures of the 2 little outfits that I finished for my grandbaby that is on the way.

post-4459-0-50654500-1448404401_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-49476700-1448404532_thumb.jpg

oh my gosh,thats funny that it can do double duty,looks great as a hat too

oh my, audrey is a perfect  model, don't tell anyone else, but,,,,,,,,I too tried it out as a hat, lol figure just sew up the hole on top, and wala, right, HE HE HE HE...

aw,i know i thought iw as done too, but discovered i didn't have \enough foil to cover that birdie with, and got fruit too, for my speacial fruit salad, that a and a cherry and punkin pie, ought to do it!@@@

well tomorrow, you can rest lol... i seldom  notice anyones under the couch mess, lol i mean, you know it's one of those things thart only WE know we did it anyway, right... lol

congrats finishing the ghan!! so, shades of blue, 6 rounds, what does that measure out to be, do you know?? other than that, good idea, im sure !! I mean u gitta pu down the inches on the first post, lol so do one that way, and let us know what size you are striving for pweety pwease!!! lol

oh my, audrey is a perfect  model, don't tell anyone else, but,,,,,,,,I too tried it out as a hat, lol figure just sew up the hole on top, and wala, right, HE HE HE HE...Great  minds think alike, right.... you and audrey, linda and me!! or leave the hole in for a pony tail hat, or put some kellenex on top off her head, presto, porable dispenser@@@       lololol you guys kill me!

aw,i know i thought iwas done too, but discovered i didn't have \enough foil to cover that birdie with, and got fruit too, for my speacial fruit salad, that a and a cherry and punkin pie, ought to do it!@@@

well tomorrow, you can rest lol... i seldom  notice anyones under the couch mess, lol i mean, you know it's one of those things thart only WE know we did it anyway, right... lol

congrats finishing the ghan!! so, shades of blue, 6 rounds, what does that measure out to be, do you know?? other than that, good idea, im sure !! I mean u I have to put down inches size on the first post, so lol so do one that way, and let us know what size you are striving for pweety pwease!!! lol

ok all for now, i have a couiple new coloring books i want to look through, mihcaels had them , more expensive than ordereing the through dover, but didn't have to wait on mail, lol,,,,,, and I had a 50 percent off coupon, soooo that worked.....

and dancing finale is one tonight too, so wi will close for right now, eeryone have a good evening,and Ill talk to you all tomorrow.....

Archived