Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Sorry haven't posted in a little bit. One of my dearest friends I've known for 12 years has cancer. She is in her late 70's early 80's can't remember her age anyways passed away yesterday morning. Just not up to a lot these days. Will try to check in soon.

i'm sorry for your loss.

I didn't sleep very well last night and all my little ones at work were a little off after 5 days of no school, so I am a little tired today. I needed to stop at the grocery store for milk so I picked up a chicken tenders dinner at the deli which I am enjoying right now. Then maybe a little crocheting if I can keep my eyes open. 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. My sister and niece came out here. Dh and niece watched the parade while my sister and I cooked. It rained all day. We left home at 4am Fri and got back at 7pm. It rained most all day and started freezing on the trees but the roads stayed ok. Dh went to work and I went shopping with sister and niece. Since so many of the stores open Thurs evening when we go out Fri morning its not crowded at all. We went to Wal-Mart Kohls Hallmark and swung by McD's for my once a year egg mcmuffin stopped at sisters house to unload and then make our annual trek to Crown Center. We buy a mayor's Christmas ornament go to the Hallmark visitor center have lunch buy some special bagels enjoy the music and decorations and check out the shops there. One part of the hotel has a waterfall and the hillside is covered with plants. This is indoors. They put up a huge Christmas tree. Its so pretty. You can walk over to Union Station. The last few years they have added an aquarium and legoland but I haven't been through them as they are kind of pricey and you have to be with a child to get into legoland most of the time.

One of the eating places is train themed and is very popular with the kids. Its basically hambugers and hotdogs. You use the phone at your booth to call in your order which is delivered to you via the train running on tracks near the ceiling. Your order slides off on an elevator which lowers it to your table. Santa arrives at Crown Center at 10 am Fri after Thanksgiving. That's where we took my 30 plus year old niece to see santa when she was little. The outdoor ice skating rink probably opened today too. Dh picked up our favorite bbq for supper at my sisters house. The bbq the Fri after Thanksgiving is what I look forward to. If the roads aren't slick Sat we will meet all my sisters at dads house for another work session

We've taken the kids to the Aquarium which is really neat. The boys had gotten some coupons for a discounted rate from school, Rosalie was pretty cheap, if not free so we just had to pay full price for DH and I. Ohh, I'm glad you mentioned the skating rink, we missed it last year. I love the Crown Center! 

Nikki, your afghan looks great!

Jessica, glad to hear you had a good weekend. Too bad about the bed hopefully you'll be able to get the one you want soon.

ImmaFreek, I'm sorry about your dad  :hug

I went to church this morning and I think I'm going to work on December birthday squares this afternoon. Have a good day everyone.

Thankfully it's not too much more expensive than what it was at Black Friday but every little bit counts when saving money lol. However, it includes the bed, a toy box, toy organizer and a table with chairs. 

Hi all. Hope you are doing well.

I found out Friday that my dad is in hospice out of state, and not looking good :( he is unresponsive but comfortable, but I called and talked to him for a minute , it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. And his dear sweet nurse, God love her, was trying not to cry as I was talking to her.

So if you know a Nurse, give them a hug. And if you are a Nurse, thank you for all you do.

I'm so sorry, Lacey. I'll be thinking about you and your family.  :hug

Sorry haven't posted in a little bit. One of my dearest friends I've known for 12 years has cancer. She is in her late 70's early 80's can't remember her age anyways passed away yesterday morning. Just not up to a lot these days. Will try to check in soon.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  :hug We're here if you need us! 

There isn't a whole lot to report today... DH and I ran errands this afternoon and he made his "famous" spaghetti for dinner. He's the spaghetti maker in this family. Even Sister says his is the best! I talked to my dad this morning and found out he'll be up Thursday or Friday instead of the middle of the month like he'd been planning. So I need to get this house cleaned up and get ready for him. I wanted to have the Christmas decorations up before he got here but I'm not sure that will happen. I brought the cedar chest out earlier in the year for Peanut's birthday party and put it where I usually put the Christmas tree. Now where I had the cedar chest has filled in after a trip to Florida and picking up some of DH's stuff from his mom's so I'm not sure where the tree will go... 

Tomorrow I have a doctors appointment and then a funeral for a friend's dad. When we get home, I'm making our own little Thanksgiving dinner since we didn't get those leftovers! And clean, clean, clean, in between! 

Off to work on a Christmas present for my bff- this lace infinity scarf in a lovely yellow. I made it longer and didn't do the twist though so that it wouldn't lay weird if she doubled it. 

I'll be back tomorrow hopefully!  :)

And of course I went to post a picture of my ghan Tuesday night and our internet went down. DH called to report the outage and they said it would be back sometime before 6am, which is their standard answer past midnight. I waited and waiting and finally gave up and as I was headed upstairs to get ready for bed, DH said the internet was back. I said well, it's too late for that, I'm going to bed! Lol So I have the picture now! I'm snuggled up under the afghan as I type this and I'm so happy with it. I feel the love just looking at it!  :manyheart

attachicon.gif2015-11-25 00.28.34.jpg

Your ghan is AWESOME!!! I love it.

We left to head to my Grandmother's house for Thanksgiving Wednesday & the majority of that was driven in the dark. I hate driving in the dark, so I started out driving the trip. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal at my Great Aunt's house Thursday. I took my Hubby and kiddos back out to my Grammie's & Michael (9) and I went to Walmart for black Friday. We really wanted to get Rosalie the Toddler bed set but unfortunately the Walmart in that town only had 4. One Mickey, One Minnie, One Cars & One Frozen. Hubby really wanted the Minnie Mouse one for Rosalie, but he told me to make getting the camera I wanted a priority. So we stood in line for that first. Ugh, I got so mad at myself because they also only had 4 of them, but with them being the most expensive camera there, I was the only one who bought it. I should have went to the beds first. So we'll just have to get the bed later. (She has coslept with us since we brought her home from the hospital) I did get the kids a ton of $4 pajamas, as well as some for Hubby and I. 

Over all we had a wonderful weekend.

Glad you had a good time! I havn't been shopping on black Friday since the only time I went which was like 15 years ago! I don't do well in crowded areas.

I found out Friday that my dad is in hospice out of state, and not looking good :( he is unresponsive but comfortable, but I called and talked to him for a minute , it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. And his dear sweet nurse, God love her, was trying not to cry as I was talking to her.

I am very sorry to hear this! :hug

Sorry about your friend, owlvamp! :hug

We had our thanksgiving yesterday and it went well. The turkey turned out great as did my homemade stuffing. Goodness the stuffing didn't last very long at all! Mr Tribble loves that stuff.

I crocheted a small stocking suffer for Braxton, I hope he likes it. I have one other item I want to make for him, but I don't know if it will be done by Christmas or not but hope to be able to work on it some this week.

I also want to get the Christmas decorations up from the basement so we can decorate this week. Hoping the rain goes away and stays away! Our basement is only accessible from the outside, so makes it a real pain in bad weather.

Have a great night all! :ghug

hi all, just a checking in,. im,sorta tired, might shower, and hit the hay shortly, so hope all gets better with all of you needing forit too, andfor the rest, hope all stays at leasl even, huh..take care till tomorrow, oh, we only got about 2 inches of snow, but the candle was a burnimn!!!!!!!!!!     night all.

Good Morning all! Nothing like your kids' ride being here for school (A friend of my oldest's mom takes them to school, because between the 2 of us, our 3 boys had issues with the bus driver...) and realizing you don't have your son's reading calendar done for the past week. Had to finish that in a hurry and HOPE I had my math right with his reading for the month... 629 minutes for the month of November!! Yay Connor!! (he's in 2nd grade!) 

Michael has to read at least an hour a week, but we always have him read at least 20 minutes for 6 days of the week (Normally either Saturday or Sunday the boys don't do their reading...) and he read over 2 hours this past Thursday and about the same amount of time on Friday! Plus Saturday also because he likes reading in the car. Thursday he wanted to go to walmart with me for black friday so I got a cart & that's where he sat after he got his book he wanted to buy. He had it half read by the time we checked out! Finished it the next morning when he was with my parents at my dads doctor appointment. I  LOVE  that he enjoys reading so much! The books he's reading are some of The Diary of the Wimpy Kid series. He wants the complete series, so that's awesome! I enjoy reading also! 

I've gotta get a hat & scarf done so I can send it in the mail. Have to run to the post office this morning and get an afghan sent as well as a hat sent out! Plus I'm going to go gather the rest of my stuff for my swap partner for the stocking swap & get that in the mail also. 

Have a wonderful day folks! Here's the hat I've gotta mail.. My model was a grouch :)

post-46820-0-86165200-1448982851_thumb.jpg

hi squares,

cute model, what a doll!! Nice looking hat too, lol

nothing much here either happening, a gloomy overcast day, with snow flurries, but we managed, almostt ran out of diet coke, that was scary, i even went out, and to the store, and you know, I knew there was something i was forgetting so when I got home, I noticed i didn't get the diet coke, I guess handyman felt sorry for me, he just grabbed his keys, and headed out to get me some, lol either hefltsorry me or he knew from past inciddences, I am Not a happy campe without diet coke, soooooooo got itanyway, thank you handyman!!!!

thats about it for me anyay, so headed off, find something to do...........take care all.

Ha Katy, I'm the same way with Coke Zero. lol

I'm sorry for the losses that have happened recently. I'm thinking about you guys and your families!  :hug

Nutcracker is happening this weekend. We have a technical rehearsal tonight, dress rehearsal tomorrow, then performances on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My poor 4 year old has to be dragged around and stashed backstage (I'm working the shows, lol) and I've got to somehow figure out when DD can eat between classes and then going straight to the theater. Adult-ing is hard!!!!!! lol

goodluck with nutcracker!!!

hi ya holly, how ya be??

Everyone else hi, how you all be??

Nothing much here either, cept again, spending a lot of time,watching Cnn, or Msnbc, this latest thing, is insane!!!

going out tomorrow for a while, be back i the aft prolly, maybe lunching with daughter, not confirmed yet thouh, if not, got other things to keep me busy, as does she, so no great harm done, but would like to see her before Christmas, lol

oh boy, running on low sleep today, was awake on and off last night several times, just wasn'ttired enough I guess,willbe tonight....

And just took an alergy pill too, that usually puts me to sleep, lol.....

well, lets hope that all we know and love are safe this week, and healing thoughts to those that need them, talk to you tomorrow, stay warm, stay safe, stay crocheting!!

I'm doing ok. We've been fighting sinus crud and tummy troubles around here for quite awhile. Work is good, but a bit stressful at the moment. We are in the middle of another staff change. Not me this time. My assistant just got promoted, so they have hired a replacement. But while she is training, we are short handed. It will be ok, though.

Hello.

I had an appointment for my routine mammogram after work today. While I was waiting my daughter called, she was in the area for a sonagram and wanted to know if I wanted to go to dinner. So we went to Panera Bread and I ate too much but it was soooo good. Its been raining here a good bit this week and tonight is suppose to be stormy with it continuing tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Hi all! Sorry, been away for a couple weeks. I now have another abscessed tooth, and half my face is swollen :( Other than that, everything has been ok. Thanksgiving was pretty good, we had a few people over, but not as many as we expected.

Anywho, enough about me. How is everyone? How was your Thanksgiving? All well and good I hope!

I hope all is going good for everyone! :hug s for all!

evening all, hope you all are doing well, and making your lans for shopping and lunching out, and fun things this week...

Ive been in much of the week so far, as i haven't felt much like dealing with the hustle and bustle yet, but have to shop tomorrow, for groceries, ugg..... other than that, things are quiet here, gotta have handyman rehang a mirror for me in the bedroom, tomorrow, so have to remember to get some twisted wire, I guess it is, for the back of it.  whaever, lol      had home made tacos tonight, they were good, i always l ike home made tacos, something diff you know, then some neighbors brought over porterhouse steaks for Christmas, wow, nice gift, they got us omaha steaks last yet, so that is always a good choice, and last year I gave them all, 3 of them, afghans of their very own, , so have no idea how to top that yet, lol, working on it thouh, in my mind, might get a gift cert somewhere for them, i dunno..... Their oldes kitty, is not doing well, he is 18 years old and they think he has not got much time left, so they are sad this year, always hard to have a sick pet any time of the year, let  alone Christmas time..   they have 3 kitties in all......Buster is the oldest.... i felt so bad for them,so say a prayer for them, and buster..........

Next on the agenda, besides re hanging that mirror tomorrow, and baking something sweet for handyman, and the grocerie store, and and and, ill keep busy, lol( he finished up the rice crispie bars just tonight, that i made a couple days ago, he eats lots of sweets, but never gains an ounce, his metabolism must be set on SUPER HIGH, luxky him, huh!!!

ben coloring a bit in the evening, while i watch or listen to the tv at least.. all for now, talk to you all tomorrow, and katie bug, glad you are back among us, hope that tooth ache goes away soon for you, they are awful!! :hug

Just a quick check in.. Been doing some crocheting for christmas and sorting through some things we are getting rid of.

Got the Christmas stuff up from the basement but havnt decorated yet. I have no time management skills at all! I so admire how much stuff some people can accomplish in one day.

Have a wonderful Friday all!

Hi all! Quick check in this evening from the tablet because I've been cleaning up and don't feel like getting the laptop out. You'll have to pardon any typos!

My dad will be here for a visit tomorrow and I think he's staying about a week. I've got most everything done, I just have to do the floors and put sheets on his bed. I always wait to the last minute to do the floors. We have so many trees out front that it seems like leaves and tree pieces just appear on our floors. And Sister is bringing Peanut over to see Dad tomorrow after he gets here. I'm excited to see my dad but Peanut is always the best part of my day!

I made a late Thanksgiving dinner for DH and I tonight and I was so proud of myself - I made a turkey for the first time! Okay it was a bone in Turkey breast, but it was more turkey than I've ever made before lol and it really was some of the best turkey I've ever had. It was a recipe from Barefoot Contessa and I haven't made any of her recipes before, so I'm super proud of it.

Okay this has already been a longer post than I planned on so I'm off for the night. Thoughts going out for kitties and teeth and anybody else who needs them! I'll be back over the weekend!

Hi all! Sorry, been away for a couple weeks. I now have another abscessed tooth, and half my face is swollen :( Other than that, everything has been ok. Thanksgiving was pretty good, we had a few people over, but not as many as we expected.

Anywho, enough about me. How is everyone? How was your Thanksgiving? All well and good I hope!

I hope all is going good for everyone! :hug s for all!

I hope you're feeling better.

It's Friday! It's Friday!  :yay  :yay  :yay  Can you tell I'm happy that it's Friday? It's been a little crazy at work this week and I can't believe how tired I am today. I stopped at the grocery store on the way for a couple of things and picked up a sub at the deli for dinner so I can relax tonight. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hey everyone, I am just checking in. Been crocheting a lot for Christmas. Have a lot of projects to get finish before Christmas. Have a plastic canvas to do. A friend of mind gave it to me. So, I want to do it for my Mother. Its an Angel. So, I have been busy. Check back in later. Love you all :hug

Checking in again tonight... Have to work tonight then tomorrow we have a friend coming over. Going to try and decorate the tree come Sunday and get the stockings put up and get out Rudy our Elf on the Shelf. I need to have hubby get him out tonight and set him up. We don't do anything crazy like they do on pinterest but we still have fun with him. I have been thinking about crocheting him a girlfriend for him to visit. We'll see how my other projects go.

Have a wonderful weekend! Ours is going to be busy!

Hello,

Long time no see. Sorry i have been gone for so very long but life just got the best of me lately. Busy as always. But was looking for a pattern and stopped in here to see if I could find it and had mail from a few of you so i had to stop in and say hey

Hiii dragnlady5, good to see your post, hope you are doing well, and we missed you, lol

Hello,

Long time no see. Sorry i have been gone for so very long but life just got the best of me lately. Busy as always. But was looking for a pattern and stopped in here to see if I could find it and had mail from a few of you so i had to stop in and say hey :manyheart  :manyheart  :manyheart

Checking in fast.
Have a craft fair to set up for tomorrow so trying to get everything ready for it.
So this is a drive by fast and will try to catch Sunday most likely.
Hope everyone is doing well.

oh wow a craft fair, good luck sandra!!!

Hiii dragnlady5, good to see your post, hope you are doing well, and we missed you, lol

Hello,

Long time no see. Sorry i have been gone for so very long but life just got the best of me lately. Busy as always. But was looking for a pattern and stopped in here to see if I could find it and had mail from a few of you so i had to stop in and say hey :manyheart  :manyheart  :manyheart

Checking in fast.
Have a craft fair to set up for tomorrow so trying to get everything ready for it.
So this is a drive by fast and will try to catch Sunday most likely.
Hope everyone is doing well.

oh wow a craft fair, good luck sandra!!!

Archived