Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Just checking in quickly. I am in the middle of trying to get some Christmas gifts finished! Nothing like waiting till the last minute to get started! LOL, Have a wonderful Wednesday all, and have a great Thanksgiving....

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checking in. I started my new medicine last night. Yesterday morning I went for the 1hour glucose test. They just called and said that it came back high, so they need me to go and do the 3 hour test next week. :(

Other than that I'm doing ok. Hope everyone has a good holiday.

Hi all! Thanksgiving isn't until tomorrow and I'm already exhausted. LOL I like to do a lot of the prep work the day before, went ahead and made my pumpkin pie because it's a new recipe and if I fail I can run out and just buy something for dessert. LOL We'll do our annual Thanksgiving Eve tradition of watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving while eating toast, pretzels, popcorn and jelly beans. It highwires the girls right before bed but they love it. lol

Have a good night everyone! Hapy Thanksgiving eve!

very cute outfiles carol, my on my , your little people are so lucky!!!

Thank you, I'm having a lot of fun in my sewing room.

Checking in. I started my new medicine last night. Yesterday morning I went for the 1hour glucose test. They just called and said that it came back high, so they need me to go and do the 3 hour test next week. :(

Glad you're doing ok and hope the test next week goes well.

Carol, such cute outfits!! How fun.

Tomorrow is turkey day :yay  we are cooking and the kids are coming over.  It's suppose to be very cold tomorrow and I'm thankful I won't have to leave the house.

Happy Turkey Day Eve.

Thank you.

Hi all! Thanksgiving isn't until tomorrow and I'm already exhausted. LOL I like to do a lot of the prep work the day before, went ahead and made my pumpkin pie because it's a new recipe and if I fail I can run out and just buy something for dessert. LOL We'll do our annual Thanksgiving Eve tradition of watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving while eating toast, pretzels, popcorn and jelly beans. It highwires the girls right before bed but they love it. lol

Have a good night everyone! Hapy Thanksgiving eve!

Sounds like a fun and yummy tradition

I'm not sure if I'll get here tomorrow so I want to wish evryone a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving.

oooh I remember that test! I was expecting it to be worse than it was, but it still wasn't the most fun thing I've done! Mine was high and I was on insulin for a the rest of my pregnancy. I don't normally have high glucose but did while I was pregnant. I hated it but everything turned out okay. Good luck!

I didn't do a thing but sleep today as I worked last night and am back at work tonight. I will be off Thursday night and Friday night, but doubt that we will do Thanksgiving dinner until next week sometime. We'll see.

I actually got some things completed on my husbands Yule gift. I've had to improvise a pattern as the item I am crocheting did not have a pattern. I hope it turns out okay!

There is two things I would like to crochet for my son and some slippers for my mom, but don't know if I will be able to get all that done in them amount of time I have. I really have to quit putting things off till the last minute. Problem is, if I do them early, I would just go ahead and give them to the person I made the item for. I just can't help it.

Have a wonderful night all!!!

Have a wonderful Turkey Day!!!

Katy, thank you for the beautiful blue square. I'm sorry I haven't had time to snap a pic of it but maybe after today things will slow down.  Was awake at 5:30 this morning (thanks cat). Going to my mom and dad's and my aunt's family is as well since Dad still can't get up. How sad is it, I would rather just stay home in pjs sipping hot chocolate and watching Grumpy Old Men? lol 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope you have a great day. 

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was very nice with lots of family, friends and food. Todays plans are to relax and do some stitching. The Christmas tree will get put up tomorrow when my daughter and her family are here to help. Have a great day everyone.

Hello everyone!! I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and I'm sorry I didn't make it on here to wish you all one.... I was just about overwhelmed trying to get everything done. We had to go to the MIL's and then all of our children and grands were here(well except for 1 son and his family) plus my DIL wanted to bring her mother and then my brother called and and said they would all like to come.. My house was too full and when everyone left at 11:00 finally last night, I have been dragging all day..

Anyway I have read all your posts and for lack of time right now, just going to send out :hug :ghug :hug  to all and pop in later!! :)

hi all!! My oh my, looks like everyone had a great thanksgiving, how did your gravy come out snowbear??

Daughters went grand too, all their comapany would have been too m uch for me, i missed seeing her, but glad we decided to just have ours here, way less stress, you know, her guests all duely raved about her dinner, down to the pies, no jar gravy, or boxed stuffing for her, she always makes evrerythin from scratch, he he, like her mom, that way we KNOW how it was prepared, and what is in it, I remember one year, at my mom's, she put the giiblets in the dressing,and no one ate it....I guess it's best to stick to tradtion,eh, lol    iheard some put in oysters, oh my, not my taste but for those of y ou that like it, eat on!!!

we had all the basics of yesterday, for dinner tonight too, lik e two thanksgiving, it was as good this time around, as last time, lol

finished my brunch hand outs, will snap a pic, after i straighten up that work table, lol got one more to make i think, for the waitress at where we are eating brunch, i always try to bring an exta or two for her, she knows us  by name, and we her, lol

oher than that, just seriosly chillin to day, temps out are like 20 degrees, wind chill bringin it in at -11 burrrr, cant shake that chill today... so, i colored for a while, that is what is all overmywork table as we speak, colors, markers,colored pencils, highlihters,got it all rigt there,plus few coloring books two i just got this past week, lol fun for me!!

Well, nothing much else to add,  off for now,enjoy those leftovers!!!! :clap  :yes  :manyheart

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. My sister and niece came out here. Dh and niece watched the parade while my sister and I cooked. It rained all day. We left home at 4am Fri and got back at 7pm. It rained most all day and started freezing on the trees but the roads stayed ok. Dh went to work and I went shopping with sister and niece. Since so many of the stores open Thurs evening when we go out Fri morning its not crowded at all. We went to Wal-Mart Kohls Hallmark and swung by McD's for my once a year egg mcmuffin stopped at sisters house to unload and then make our annual trek to Crown Center. We buy a mayor's Christmas ornament go to the Hallmark visitor center have lunch buy some special bagels enjoy the music and decorations and check out the shops there. One part of the hotel has a waterfall and the hillside is covered with plants. This is indoors. They put up a huge Christmas tree. Its so pretty. You can walk over to Union Station. The last few years they have added an aquarium and legoland but I haven't been through them as they are kind of pricey and you have to be with a child to get into legoland most of the time.

One of the eating places is train themed and is very popular with the kids. Its basically hambugers and hotdogs. You use the phone at your booth to call in your order which is delivered to you via the train running on tracks near the ceiling. Your order slides off on an elevator which lowers it to your table. Santa arrives at Crown Center at 10 am Fri after Thanksgiving. That's where we took my 30 plus year old niece to see santa when she was little. The outdoor ice skating rink probably opened today too. Dh picked up our favorite bbq for supper at my sisters house. The bbq the Fri after Thanksgiving is what I look forward to. If the roads aren't slick Sat we will meet all my sisters at dads house for another work session

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was very nice with lots of family, friends and food. Todays plans are to relax and do some stitching. The Christmas tree will get put up tomorrow when my daughter and her family are here to help. Have a great day everyone.

I am going to try and work on getting the Christmas stuff up this coming week. I just got the Halloween things down yesterday! LOL. It's always Halloween at our house, but the cobwebs and things don't stay up year round....

hi all!! My oh my, looks like everyone had a great thanksgiving, how did your gravy come out snowbear??

Daughters went grand too, all their comapany would have been too m uch for me, i missed seeing her, but glad we decided to just have ours here, way less stress, you know, her guests all duely raved about her dinner, down to the pies, no jar gravy, or boxed stuffing for her, she always makes evrerythin from scratch, he he, like her mom, that way we KNOW how it was prepared, and what is in it, I remember one year, at my mom's, she put the giiblets in the dressing,and no one ate it....I guess it's best to stick to tradtion,eh, lol    iheard some put in oysters, oh my, not my taste but for those of y ou that like it, eat on!!!

I decided  to make my stuffing with oysters one year... Not even I could eat it. Might have had something to do with the fact that my mom said the oysters looked like something the cat hacked up... Blah! :)

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. My sister and niece came out here. Dh and niece watched the parade while my sister and I cooked. It rained all day. We left home at 4am Fri and got back at 7pm. It rained most all day and started freezing on the trees but the roads stayed ok. Dh went to work and I went shopping with sister and niece. Since so many of the stores open Thurs evening when we go out Fri morning its not crowded at all. We went to Wal-Mart Kohls Hallmark and swung by McD's for my once a year egg mcmuffin stopped at sisters house to unload and then make our annual trek to Crown Center. We buy a mayor's Christmas ornament go to the Hallmark visitor center have lunch buy some special bagels enjoy the music and decorations and check out the shops there. One part of the hotel has a waterfall and the hillside is covered with plants. This is indoors. They put up a huge Christmas tree. Its so pretty. You can walk over to Union Station. The last few years they have added an aquarium and legoland but I haven't been through them as they are kind of pricey and you have to be with a child to get into legoland most of the time.

One of the eating places is train themed and is very popular with the kids. Its basically hambugers and hotdogs. You use the phone at your booth to call in your order which is delivered to you via the train running on tracks near the ceiling. Your order slides off on an elevator which lowers it to your table. Santa arrives at Crown Center at 10 am Fri after Thanksgiving. That's where we took my 30 plus year old niece to see santa when she was little. The outdoor ice skating rink probably opened today too. Dh picked up our favorite bbq for supper at my sisters house. The bbq the Fri after Thanksgiving is what I look forward to. If the roads aren't slick Sat we will meet all my sisters at dads house for another work session

Sounds like fun! I slept the actual Thanksgiving day as I had worked the night before, sometimes I stay up, but I havn't been able to shake this cold and I felt terrible. Yesterday, we worked on the closet we are putting up in the laundry room and took down the Halloween decorations and I made a small 'thanksgiving' meal. I work today, day shift then Sunday I will cook the real turkey! We don't have a huge family so it will be Mr Tribble, Little Tribble, my mother and my father. Might try to make a trip to see my husbands father come next weekend.

Sounds like everyone had a good time!

Katie, I hope you are staying warm.

Brenda, sounds like you were busy but also sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Tribble79, sorry your not feeling well, hope you're feeling better soon. I had some kind of cold for over a week and finally had to go to the doctor for antibiotics for a sinus infection.

Michelle, sounds like you had quite a party at your house.

I did some cleaning and some sewing today. My oldest daughter and her husband were picking the kids up from his parents house today, so they came to my house this afternoon and helped me decorate for Christmas. Then we had pigs in a blanket and tater tots for a quick dinner before they started the 2 hour drive home. Tomorrow will be church and then some stitiching. I finished an afghan for my grandbaby that is on the way, I posted it here:

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/155867-round-ripple-baby-afghan/

Katie, I hope you are staying warm.

Brenda, sounds like you were busy but also sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Tribble79, sorry your not feeling well, hope you're feeling better soon. I had some kind of cold for over a week and finally had to go to the doctor for antibiotics for a sinus infection.

Michelle, sounds like you had quite a party at your house.

I did some cleaning and some sewing today. My oldest daughter and her husband were picking the kids up from his parents house today, so they came to my house this afternoon and helped me decorate for Christmas. Then we had pigs in a blanket and tater tots for a quick dinner before they started the 2 hour drive home. Tomorrow will be church and then some stitiching. I finished an afghan for my grandbaby that is on the way, I posted it here:

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/155867-round-ripple-baby-afghan/

I love the afghan for the new grandbaby! Those colors are great!! 

DH and I made it back yesterday late afternoon and all I could manage after that was sitting on the couch with my feet up! We had a great time, lots of visiting with family and plenty of good food. Because we were about 2 hours away, we didn't bring home any leftovers. I'm going to buy a turkey breast and make that, stuffing, and green bean casserole sometime this week.

I talked to Dad this morning and it looks like he'll be visiting sometime this coming week instead of next week like he'd been planning. He and his girlfriend are going to see her parents in Florida before Christmas so he wants to come earlier. That way he isn't driving 7 hours home just to turn around and drive 11 hours to Florida a few days later. I know Peanut will be happy to see his granddad!  :yes

And of course I went to post a picture of my ghan Tuesday night and our internet went down. DH called to report the outage and they said it would be back sometime before 6am, which is their standard answer past midnight. I waited and waiting and finally gave up and as I was headed upstairs to get ready for bed, DH said the internet was back. I said well, it's too late for that, I'm going to bed! Lol So I have the picture now! I'm snuggled up under the afghan as I type this and I'm so happy with it. I feel the love just looking at it!  :manyheart

post-11765-0-35993800-1448763719_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow we have a football game and then I'm probably done for the season because it gets too cold to sit outside and watch men run around after a leather ball for 4 hours. Although some of them look really good in those tight pants!!  :eek  :heart

Katie after looking at the squares in my current ghan, I'm going to say shades of blue in 8" (7 round) grannies. 

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and I'll try to check back in tomorrow!  :)

We left to head to my Grandmother's house for Thanksgiving Wednesday & the majority of that was driven in the dark. I hate driving in the dark, so I started out driving the trip. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal at my Great Aunt's house Thursday. I took my Hubby and kiddos back out to my Grammie's & Michael (9) and I went to Walmart for black Friday. We really wanted to get Rosalie the Toddler bed set but unfortunately the Walmart in that town only had 4. One Mickey, One Minnie, One Cars & One Frozen. Hubby really wanted the Minnie Mouse one for Rosalie, but he told me to make getting the camera I wanted a priority. So we stood in line for that first. Ugh, I got so mad at myself because they also only had 4 of them, but with them being the most expensive camera there, I was the only one who bought it. I should have went to the beds first. So we'll just have to get the bed later. (She has coslept with us since we brought her home from the hospital) I did get the kids a ton of $4 pajamas, as well as some for Hubby and I. 

Over all we had a wonderful weekend.

Hi all. Hope you are doing well.

I found out Friday that my dad is in hospice out of state, and not looking good :( he is unresponsive but comfortable, but I called and talked to him for a minute , it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. And his dear sweet nurse, God love her, was trying not to cry as I was talking to her.

So if you know a Nurse, give them a hug. And if you are a Nurse, thank you for all you do.

Nikki, your afghan looks great!

Jessica, glad to hear you had a good weekend. Too bad about the bed hopefully you'll be able to get the one you want soon.

ImmaFreek, I'm sorry about your dad  :hug

I went to church this morning and I think I'm going to work on December birthday squares this afternoon. Have a good day everyone.

Sorry haven't posted in a little bit. One of my dearest friends I've known for 12 years has cancer. She is in her late 70's early 80's can't remember her age anyways passed away yesterday morning. Just not up to a lot these days. Will try to check in soon.

hi all well for the most part, all are doing ok, that is good, so sorry to owlvamp, and immafreak,and the rest of you sound like you had a great weekend.. For me, tomorrow Monday, is getting back to  normal, places to go, things to do, lol been a long weekend, and we are still waitng for a "snow event" or in simple terms, a snow storm,lol but so far, has been skirting our neck of the woods, so i don't mind....just so it doesn' get too cold out, you know..

DH and I made it back yesterday late afternoon and all I could manage after that was sitting on the couch with my feet up! We had a great time, lots of visiting with family and plenty of good food. Because we were about 2 hours away, we didn't bring home any leftovers. I'm going to buy a turkey breast and make that, stuffing, and green bean casserole sometime this week.

I talked to Dad this morning and it looks like he'll be visiting sometime this coming week instead of next week like he'd been planning. He and his girlfriend are going to see her parents in Florida before Christmas so he wants to come earlier. That way he isn't driving 7 hours home just to turn around and drive 11 hours to Florida a few days later. I know Peanut will be happy to see his granddad!  :yes

And of course I went to post a picture of my ghan Tuesday night and our internet went down. DH called to report the outage and they said it would be back sometime before 6am, which is their standard answer past midnight. I waited and waiting and finally gave up and as I was headed upstairs to get ready for bed, DH said the internet was back. I said well, it's too late for that, I'm going to bed! Lol So I have the picture now! I'm snuggled up under the afghan as I type this and I'm so happy with it. I feel the love just looking at it!  :manyheart

attachicon.gif2015-11-25 00.28.34.jpg

Tomorrow we have a football game and then I'm probably done for the season because it gets too cold to sit outside and watch men run around after a leather ball for 4 hours. Although some of them look really good in those tight pants!!  :eek  :heart

Katie after looking at the squares in my current ghan, I'm going to say shades of blue in 8" (7 round) grannies. 

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and I'll try to check back in tomorrow!  :)

thanks nikki, tis on the first page now with your new prefs... Your ghan is beautiful!!! and carol, what a lovely round ripple!!

attachicon.gif2015-11-25 00.28.34.jpg

Wowzers, that 'ghan turned out AMAZING!!! I still need to get mine together. lol 

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! It was great here, make some creamy leftover turkey soup last night, that was good! We're STILL battling colds over here, driving me nuts right at our big week of Nutcracker. lol But we march on! And it's December tomorrow, whaaaaa??? lol

Archived