Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good morning all. Today is the big day. At 3:30 today i will have a new daughter. Cant chat long as i have suits to iron and a couple things to wrap yet for the wedding. You guys have a great day.....  Oh tissues i will need tissues lol

Congratulations! I hope everything went as planned.

Good Morning!

I have been awake since 4 a.m. I wish my body would learn to distinguish between weekdays and weekends :no . I had an enjoyable dinner out with my youngest daughter and her husband last night, nothing fancy, we went to Denny's because my daughter said that is what the baby wanted. Christmas gifts are wrapped and I'm having a snack before I start sewing. Have a great day everyone.

I have never been a morning person! I hate getting up early. I prefer not to have to get up till noon. However, Little Tribble is now in school so we are up at 8am in the morning daily. I hate it worse than he does! He's never been a morning guy either, might have something to do with I work nights the whole time I was pregnant with him.

Not doing anything but working tonight. Slept all day, it was around 70 degrees here today! In December! Hot as heck in the house, as we have already removed all of the air conditioners.

Have a good night all, I'll see everyone tomorrow.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how exciting, i do hope all goes lovely for the new bride and groom, congrats again , you are a MIL!!!!

o good news too, our own Cshort, has finallly decided to accept some squares, gifving all of us, a chance to reciprocate for all the many squares she has sent us all over the years!!! I listed her on the first post, but forgot to ask her what size, but she wants Christmas colors, such as red and green and gold and such!!! Carol if you read this, what size my lovely, would you like those squares to be in, lol........now if only we could talk Bgs into collecting, lol!!

my puffies i sent out, should soon be arriiving at their new homes, and then we might get some eye candy, lol I forgot to take pics before mailing, so i already forgot what they all looked like, so it will be new eye candy to me, too., lol

everything fine here, raining tonight and probably tomorrow, we will have a rainy Christmas probably!!! lol. Hope all of you working hard,are being treated well at the jobs, this  time of year, was always so fun at my job, lol, goodies brought in every day, and secret santa, snd we always closed up shop, Christmas eve aft, for our Christmas party, our courts colors were purple and gold, so our tree would be decorated in those colors, which we all helped decorate, then ate, then presents, lol and games, and eat more... was such fun!!  sheesh, i kinda miss that, lol.....

:clap

anyone have out of town plans for the holiday, anyone flying, anyone driving out state, to all of you, to be with family and friends, have a  safe trip there and back, and don't take on too much eggnog either!!! I never had eggnog, the whole idea of a raw egg in it,just totally turns me off,lolol.......anyway, for all of you traveling for the season, have a ball, and make sure you leave the cookies and milk out for santa, wheverer you end up that evening!! and may your stockings hang full and heavy and filled to the top   with Christmas surprizes :manyheart on Christmas Morning!!!!

and tis my opinion that  the time you were born, determines whether you are a monrning, or an aft person, I was born a little past noon, so i prefer to sleep in too, lol and my daughter, born in the aft, is an aft person too!!! you think that might have something to do with it, i dunno, i have always thought so, lol....

how exciting, i do hope all goes lovely for the new bride and groom, congrats again , you are a MIL!!!!

o good news too, our own Cshort, has finallly decided to accept some squares, gifving all of us, a chance to reciprocate for all the many squares she has sent us all over the years!!! I listed her on the first post, but forgot to ask her what size, but she wants Christmas colors, such as red and green and gold and such!!! Carol if you read this, what size my lovely, would you like those squares to be in, lol........now if only we could talk Bgs into collecting, lol!!

my puffies i sent out, should soon be arriiving at their new homes, and then we might get some eye candy, lol I forgot to take pics before mailing, so i already forgot what they all looked like, so it will be new eye candy to me, too., lol

everything fine here, raining tonight and probably tomorrow, we will have a rainy Christmas probably!!! lol. Hope all of you working hard,are being treated well at the jobs, this  time of year, was always so fun at my job, lol, goodies brought in every day, and secret santa, snd we always closed up shop, Christmas eve aft, for our Christmas party, our courts colors were purple and gold, so our tree would be decorated in those colors, which we all helped decorate, then ate, then presents, lol and games, and eat more... was such fun!!  sheesh, i kinda miss that, lol.....

anyone have out of town plans for the holiday, anyone flying, anyone driving out state, to all of you, to be with family and friends, have a  safe trip there and back, and don't take on too much eggnog either!!! I never had eggnog, the whole idea of a raw egg in it,just totally turns me off,lolol.......anyway, for all of you traveling for the season, have a ball, and make sure you leave the cookies and milk out for santa, wheverer you end up that evening!! and may your stockings hang full and heavy and filled to the top   with Christmas surprizes :manyheart on Christmas Morning!!!!

We aren't going anywhere for Christmas, but I'm losing my boys to my parents next weekend for a week :( I love that they love going down there, but their poor sister is always so lost when they are gone and it's so quiet in the house! We will go down middle of the week of Christmas. Sometime around the 1st of the year, we will be going to Pennsylvania for my husband to go to a meeting for a job that he's gotten out there. Should be interesting! Gonna try to make a 4 day weekend out of it. Gonna also be driving, but it's only almost 15 hours, so that's not too absolutely horrible. We drove straight through to Florida when we went in January and that took over 24 hours. I will NEVER make that drive again! I'm excited about Pennsylvania though because it's somewhere I've NEVER been! Furthest north I've been is Kansas City lol. Furthest Northeast is Illinois, so all new territory for me! 

and tis my opinion that  the time you were born, determines whether you are a monrning, or an aft person, I was born a little past noon, so i prefer to sleep in too, lol and my daughter, born in the aft, is an aft person too!!! you think that might have something to do with it, i dunno, i have always thought so, lol....

I was born at 12:55 PM and I, too am an afternoon person! My oldest son was born at 4:12 PM, late sleeper. Youngest son born at 1:11 AM and gets up before the sun rises most mornings. Daughter was born at 10:45 PM and is definitely a night owl/late sleeper. It's right now 9:51 AM and she just woke up at 9:30 this morning lol. 

I still have not finished that dang afghan. Someone had asked if it is a Christmas gift to someone, and it's not... My cousin is due the 18th with her 2nd boy, after her oldest being 12 right now, so I'm making her an afghan. I have to finish a round of white, 2 rounds of "Jade" and 2 rounds of "Grey Heather" then the border and it will be done. 

I got an order on Etsy Friday for 16!!! Ear Warmers. The lady wanted to know if I would do a bulk discount, so I gave her 25% off the whole order + free shipping and I still made over $100! So I've been working to get those done as soon as possible so I can try to ship them Monday or Tuesday. Of course, she orders 2 black bear ears and a black kitty, so I went to get myself a light up hook. I'll post pictures when I get that order completely done. 

Gonna go check some of the other threads I frequent then get busy with some of the other ones, since I'm finally done with the black ones! 

I think 8" squares would be good, thanks.

No plans to be out of town. Everyone comes to my house for brunch on Christmas day. I might go to my oldest daughter's house a couple hours away to ring in the new year. I was born early in the morning and I am a morning person. However, my daughters were born at 6:40 am and 2:14 pm and neither one are morning people by choice. I'm having a bit of a lazy day, went to church, stopped at Joanns and now I feel sleepy so I will probably relax and watch Christmas movies while I crochet, unless I fall asleep. Hope evryone has a great day.

Hey Ya'll I am still here. I have been just sick. I have been in bed for a week. I am getting better now. Maybe I can join in again. I have crocheting on beanies. Sounds like things are going good for everyone. I hope. MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. Love Arlene :manyheart

I never thought about that being the time you were born.... I was born right after Midnight, my son was born after 11 pm. That's a wonderful insight into it, not sure why I hadn't thought of that before.

yep, i think my grandnana told me that long ago,and it has almost always rung true,s oooo something to be said for those old nana stories, lol thanks grandma!!

Ok carol, 8 inch, that is what i probably figured, but wanted to check with you first, thanks for the reply!!

I have decided i think to make a cherry crisp for desert for when the kids come over, it's easy, goes further too, than a cherry pie might, and i think everyrone likes it, lol Iknow I do,......

other than that, sifted through a box of odds and ends and will roll them into a ball and throw them in the ball bin, lol now that I have rubber bands,  he he, thanks again fgm,lol

still raining here, been raining now for 24 plus hours, we're building a boat, lol..beats snow though, right!!

norhinfg much else is new here/ and a 15 hour car ride, does NOT appeal to me either, lol, hope you travel safely and get back safely as well..

I'm going to go home after work this morning, get Little Tribble off to school then go to sleep until time to pick him up at 3:30. The I am going to have to clean as it looks like a bomb exploded in our living room as the puppies have tore up paper they have found, one of little Tribbles toys and like 50 other things they found in the floor. Not pretty, LOL.

Then if I'm still as tired as I am right now, I am going back to bed!

Have a good day all, I'll check in later.

Hello!

Arlene, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Tribble79, I hope you got the sleep you needed.

December birthday puffies went in the mail today but from the look of the post office I'm not sure how soon they will be delivered. And the count down to winter break has begun, just 4 more days! Guess thats it for now.

checking in, wanted to thank ann for the Christmas card, i am always glad when i hear from her!!!

i yhink popcorn sounds like I could eat some, kinda a bit snacky feeling,t hen ill proably lie down and watch tv till i fall asleep.. It finally stopped raining here, and one more day, and we would be floating downstream!!

well, that's it for me tonight, gotta get up early tomorrow, so I will say goodnight to all, and sleep well!!!!

Just got the kids in the car with their friends mom to head off to school, so once I finish this coffee, I'll be starting some house work. Already got laundry going, since the laundry room is right near my bedroom, I did that before coffee (Scary). hehe. Gotta wait for Best Buy to open then run over there so I can get Michael, Connor & My mom's christmas gifts (they're getting kindles.) 

Received some beautiful squares in the mail today from Katy!! Thanks love!! We love them!! 

attachicon.gifIMG_0178.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0179.JPG

Those are pretty squares and that is a real cutie with the squares.

Not much going on here. I'm hoping to get some crocheting done tonight since I fell asleep at 7 last night and didn't get any crocheting done.

Received some beautiful squares in the mail today from Katy!! Thanks love!! We love them!! 

attachicon.gifIMG_0178.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0179.JPG

Just got the kids in the car with their friends mom to head off to school, so once I finish this coffee, I'll be starting some house work. Already got laundry going, since the laundry room is right near my bedroom, I did that before coffee (Scary). hehe. Gotta wait for Best Buy to open then run over there so I can get Michael, Connor & My mom's christmas gifts (they're getting kindles.) 

yay for you, early starts, something to be said for them i guess... kindles are great ideas, hope you get all of them, nice gift!!

that little girl, just made me smile, she lights up the thread, she reminds me so of my dd, when she was that age, aren't they  precious!!! She is just too cute, tell her that for me, she hogged all the cuteness!! But it is in good hands!!!

Oh it has been so long since i got a puffy in the mail i forgot how exciting it is.  :c9 . Thank you Katy for the awesome squares. I will get and post a picture asap

you are of course welcome and they were fun!!!

Just checking in. See the dr Friday and ultrasound on Monday. Hope all are doing well.

good luck on that, hope all is well, let us know!! we know it will be good news!

Those are pretty squares and that is a real cutie with the squares.

Not much going on here. I'm hoping to get some crocheting done tonight since I fell asleep at 7 last night and didn't get any crocheting done.

that happens to me sometimes too, but am getting prett well caught up,least with squares, lol

oh sheesh, long day, tripped today, landed on  my hands and kjees, in gravel, hurt a bit,neededalittle help to get up, as my knees were weak after that, got up though, and walking around right after, no breaks, thank goodness, no immediate damage, a little sore, got gravel pits in my knees, but was wearing heavier slacks, so that probably saved them from getting cut up at least!! soooo

taking it easy for a day or so, im sure i will be fine though, no need to worry. \

didn't rain today, might as well have though, as it was chilly, moist, and windy out, not to mention clouds all day!!

But other than that, nothing new here, it's a no news day here, so ill sign off, hope all is well, and ill see ya at morrow!!! what daughter used to say when she was little, lol :manyheart  :ghug

Still working on the mermaid tail blanket for a customer.

Also destashing some cotton thread I will never use. I got rid of over a 40 skeins and have that many more to go. It was gifted to me so it doesnt hurt my feelings any. Just glad to get rid of it and open up some space.

How is everyone doing?

Pretty squares Jessicali!!  Katy, take it easy after that fall !!! OH my!!  And owlvamp, way to go on destashing!!  I have a bunch of thread also and am trying to decide if I should hang on to it or donate. Decisions, decisions....

Got the majority of Christmas "work/fun" done. Let the festivities begin!!!!  

Archived