Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

wow stunning eye candy, love all the ghans, and the mermaid tails, lol, glad everyone is enjoying their first part of 2016, we never celebrate new y ear eve, we don't drink, so there is really no point in attending any news years parties, for that reason, lol so we usually stay home, watcha  movie or two, and make some popcorn, lol heard the fireworks last night though, lol 

glad those of you int he flood areas checked in, it really looks so horrible on the news........

today was grocery day, sheesh, seems like i just did that last week, lol...

nothing mudh going on, thinking of putting some wool yarn i can't use on destashing, or something, have to photo it though, haven't gotten that far yet, lol.

and thinking about maiking an all homespun ghan, or shawl, to get that used up... in had funin the destashing thread in 2015, even won a goold medal for the year , 2015, they are doing another one, but not sure I will join, now i need to buy yarn, and stock up again, lol 

oh what else, haven't heard from any of my friends on the phone, for what all year so far, lol oh that is not true, i did hear from one of our brunch bunch ladies, that another member of our brunch club lost her hubby on new years eve.That was sad news, he had been in the vets home, parkinsons, for the last few years, and bless his soul, he is out of his pain, now, a prayer for her and family, and for poor George as well please if you will.

all day today was saturday to me, i kept thinking, do you all ever loose a day like that, lol

oh shoot, did the bills tonight too, and i wasn't able to fine my century link bill, so when i call the automated system, i got the amount, and promptly paid it, lol and while at it, paid the others that I could, two are not in yet, and the other ones are auto payments, sooooo Im done for the month, well, almost, lol

hope all is well in your neck of the county, and just wondering, if the flooding continues, we will be calling St Louis, a swamp eh,  not funny, but seems like it.....

Ok you all have a good night, loved the eye candy all, good night for now..........

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SANDRA that is a LOT of mermaid tails!! :lol Did I see where you are in the Encouragement for Christmas crochet along too? This will be my first time to do this so I am hoping it will help me...

I agree that means I need to get in gear.

Right now making hats for grandson. I just finished his dinosaur hat and almost done with his car hat. I will take pictures and post.

No I am not in the Christmas crochet along. Where would I read upon it? Do you have a link ?

I hope you start to feeling better. I know all to well not feeling well and staying in bed. Mine is from Migraines.

Sandra, let me try:  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/156036-encouragement-for-making-gifts-2016-version/

Michelle, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. My mother has fibromyalgia and it took the doctors forever to diagnose it, she has a few other medical issues too. Breakfast for the grandkids this morning was easier, they wanted donuts and milk.

ImmaFreek, I'm glad you're staying safe.

I hope everyone who is in the way of rough weather is staying safe. Our weather has been warmer than usual.

I made fleece mermaid/merman tails for my grandkids and they love them. They really think it's fun to put their feet all the way down in the bottom and walk like penguins.

I've made some graph afghans. I don't have a picture of the first lighthouse one I made but here are pics of some others I've made

attachicon.gifDog afghan.jpg

attachicon.gifAfghan - Mickey Mouse.jpg

attachicon.gifDolphins afghan.jpg

Any big plans for New Year's partying tonight? My party will consist of watching the Disney World fireworks on TV with my family. Tomorrow we are heading to Orlando for the day, we have lunch reservations at the Grand Floridian and then some shopping, no theme parks since our passes have expired but it will still be a fun day.

Today we are going to the craft stores to get supplies for my oldest daughter to finish the decorations, invitations, favors, etc. for my youngest daughter's baby shower. So today will be fun too.

Guess that's about it for me. Have a great day everyone.

Thank you Carol... It is tough to deal with sometimes... I try not to mention it much but I hurt every day of my life.. Most of the time like a scale of 3 but then like this week, much of the time a full 10.. but on these kinds of days, I pray alot and focus on the fact that there are so many in this world a lot worse than me.. I kind of relapsed today and it is when these flare ups are this bad I get a little panicky like 'am I going to come out of this one or have I gotten worse" but like I said I pray alot and I refuse to give in... maybe why I came back to crocheting..it really DOES help one keep sane. and your graph afghans are out of this world!!!! they are fabulous!!!!

pineknott this part of the state is ok. We had freezing rain sleet and snow Mon so I didn't get to see my friend from NC. Tues morning black ice was a problem. Main roads are clean now but the semi that rolled over is still in ditch.

cshort those ghans are fabulous.

Just got back from the zoo. Went to see the male polar bear one last time as he is moving to NC in a few days. He has been fun to watch the last 5 years. He is going to ne missed.

Can't believe it's New Year's Eve already. Wishing you all a Happy New Year

Brenda it IS good to see you are alright!! I was wondering the same as pineknott.

Hi all and Happy New Year's Eve! Just stopping by to check in and let you all know I'm ok. They let me out of the hospital yesterday. I have to see an ENT or my tonsils will probably just keep messing up :( That's what they told me anyway. Along with a couple other interesting things, like my tooth had apparently never abscessed, that was my tonsils then too. So much fun! But at least I'm home for my birthday and New Year's, so I'm happy :)

I hope you are all well and enjoying your New Year stuff and being safe! :hug s for all and I shall see you in 2016! :lol

Katiebug!! :hug :hug  you have GOT to take care of yourself... please keep us informed so we will know how you are!! Praying for your health and it sounds like those things have got to GO!!

Hi all. Happy New Year. Hope 2016 is better than last year was. Both sides of Hwy 55 are now open so we are no longer cut off from St Louis. Lol. Means I will be going in to work tonight but that's ok. Baby Jade will be here in the next 2 to. 2 1/2 months. I can't believe that she's almost here.

Well bummer... I was first glad it was closed so you could stay home in peace and not have to worry about it..but stay safe for goodness sake!! and I hope you have the brightest and happiest New Year possible!!! Baby Jade will make it the best!!

Well fixing to go to bed now.. Don't know why I'm sleepy I slept till 10:00 this morning but these things take it all out of me.. I cooked the usual blackeyed peas w/rice, turnip greens and ham today and worked on another jewelry order. Got to crochet 2 more rounds on my DIL's Christmas afghan for next year, had a couple of friends come over tonight for a visit which was good and that's it..

Wishing everyone a wonderful New Year!!!

Michelle, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. My mother has fibromyalgia and it took the doctors forever to diagnose it, she has a few other medical issues too. Breakfast for the grandkids this morning was easier, they wanted donuts and milk.

ImmaFreek, I'm glad you're staying safe.

I hope everyone who is in the way of rough weather is staying safe. Our weather has been warmer than usual.

I made fleece mermaid/merman tails for my grandkids and they love them. They really think it's fun to put their feet all the way down in the bottom and walk like penguins.

I've made some graph afghans. I don't have a picture of the first lighthouse one I made but here are pics of some others I've made

attachicon.gifDog afghan.jpg

attachicon.gifAfghan - Mickey Mouse.jpg

attachicon.gifDolphins afghan.jpg

Any big plans for New Year's partying tonight? My party will consist of watching the Disney World fireworks on TV with my family. Tomorrow we are heading to Orlando for the day, we have lunch reservations at the Grand Floridian and then some shopping, no theme parks since our passes have expired but it will still be a fun day.

Today we are going to the craft stores to get supplies for my oldest daughter to finish the decorations, invitations, favors, etc. for my youngest daughter's baby shower. So today will be fun too.

Guess that's about it for me. Have a great day everyone.

Those ghans are amazing!!  :manyheart

Hi all and Happy New Year's Eve! Just stopping by to check in and let you all know I'm ok. They let me out of the hospital yesterday. I have to see an ENT or my tonsils will probably just keep messing up That's what they told me anyway. Along with a couple other interesting things, like my tooth had apparently never abscessed, that was my tonsils then too. So much fun! But at least I'm home for my birthday and New Year's, so I'm happy

I hope you are all well and enjoying your New Year stuff and being safe! s for all and I shall see you in 2016!

I'm glad you're home and healing! And even more glad it seems like they know what's going on now. Hopefully that will save you some trouble in the future! 

Happy New Year to everyone!!! Hope you had a safe & fun night last night... We went to Cheddars to eat, because everywhere else was a 2+ hour wait time unless we wanted fast food. I got a Maui Margarita and it was amazing. They brought some kind of little shot of liquor with it and I added that to my glass... By the time we left, I was super chatty, and had quite the buzz. My husband laughed and said, You need more? You're too much fun when you're drunk! haha. My reply? Nope! Because then I can't crochet when I get home..... :D So we spent out night in at home with the kids. Rosalie went to bed at around 11:15 or so. Connor, Michael, Tony (our 18 year old nephew who is staying with us to work with Rc over his winter break from College) and Rc played Minecraft on the computers, while I just sat back & worked on my c2c graph baby blanket I started yesterday. Almost done. I think.

For last month, I got 4 beautiful squares from Katie, so thank you so much Katie!! I love them! 

I love Cheddar's! We don't have them around here but there's one not far from DH's family in Florida and they have all the birthday lunches there. Oh that spasagna is so good!! I'll be trying the Maui Margarita next time. Sometimes in-laws make you need it!  ;)

wow stunning eye candy, love all the ghans, and the mermaid tails, lol, glad everyone is enjoying their first part of 2016, we never celebrate new y ear eve, we don't drink, so there is really no point in attending any news years parties, for that reason, lol so we usually stay home, watcha  movie or two, and make some popcorn, lol heard the fireworks last night though, lol 

glad those of you int he flood areas checked in, it really looks so horrible on the news........

today was grocery day, sheesh, seems like i just did that last week, lol...

nothing mudh going on, thinking of putting some wool yarn i can't use on destashing, or something, have to photo it though, haven't gotten that far yet, lol.

and thinking about maiking an all homespun ghan, or shawl, to get that used up... in had funin the destashing thread in 2015, even won a goold medal for the year , 2015, they are doing another one, but not sure I will join, now i need to buy yarn, and stock up again, lol 

oh what else, haven't heard from any of my friends on the phone, for what all year so far, lol oh that is not true, i did hear from one of our brunch bunch ladies, that another member of our brunch club lost her hubby on new years eve.That was sad news, he had been in the vets home, parkinsons, for the last few years, and bless his soul, he is out of his pain, now, a prayer for her and family, and for poor George as well please if you will.

all day today was saturday to me, i kept thinking, do you all ever loose a day like that, lol

oh shoot, did the bills tonight too, and i wasn't able to fine my century link bill, so when i call the automated system, i got the amount, and promptly paid it, lol and while at it, paid the others that I could, two are not in yet, and the other ones are auto payments, sooooo Im done for the month, well, almost, lol

hope all is well in your neck of the county, and just wondering, if the flooding continues, we will be calling St Louis, a swamp eh,  not funny, but seems like it.....

Ok you all have a good night, loved the eye candy all, good night for now..........

That grocery store trip is a lot like laundry... it seems like I'm always doing it! And both have to happen tomorrow for us! Thoughts and prayers for your friend and her family. And congrats to you on that gold!  :yay  I have been the same way - all day, thinking it's Saturday. I'll probably spend all day tomorrow thinking it's Sunday.

We all had a blast last night at our cousins' house for the new year. I think Peanut had the most fun because he loves being the center of attention. He got a big minion pillow and a little "tablet" that has letter and number buttons that talk and light up. He did lots of dancing, gave lots of kisses and loved playing with the bells on their Christmas tree. Their house is about an hour away, so he went to sleep on one of the beds, slept the whole way home and slept in this morning. We got to bed around 3 and I slept till 11! It was fantastic!  :yes

I finally finished that last Moogly square tonight after a trip to Walmart with Sister this evening so tomorrow I'll be figuring out how I want to attach them, how I want them laid out and hopefully get to working on that. Oh and I added a couple rows to my virus shawl. I am loving that thing!!  :manyheart

Anyway I think it's about bedtime here so I'm off for the night. Hope everyone has a good weekend!  :)

Good morning everyone!!

First and foremost...bgs big apology...I forgot to mention the little Christmas tree ornament!! Thank you so much  I love it!!!

not much going on here. yesterday we went out to eat and saw a movie.  Then...I threw my back out!!!  This happens often but I have been lucky in the sense that it's been  a long time since the last one.  That's the bad news.  The good news is sitting and laying around is the only relief. Soooo, guess who's going to crochet all day!!!! LOL    There's always a silver lining  LOL. 

Have a great day everyone!!! ​  ​ ​

Sounds like you are all keeping busy.  :hug to everyone who is not feeling well, I pray you'll all be feeling better soon.

Thank you everyone for the compliments on the afghans, they can be a bit of a challenge but so worth it when they are finished. 

We had a wonderful New Year's day at Disney, we didn't go to the parks but the brunch buffet was delicious. They weren't suppose to be any characters at the brunch but Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins and Burt all showed up. And since Mary Poppins is my favorite Disney movie my daughter and I had to have a picture. 

post-4459-0-31576000-1451754450_thumb.jpg.

The grandkids had some Disney gift cards and Christmas money so of course we had to go to Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) to do some shopping. And we had to ride the monorail. We also enjoyed all the beautiful Christmas decorations. 

I spent this morning sitting on the floor playing with the new Lego sets my grandkids bought at the Lego Store yesterday and I think the rest of the day is going to be a lazy/relaxing day.

I have squares ready for our January birthdays and hope to get to the post office on Monday or Tuesday.

Hope you all have a great day.

Good morning everyone!!

First and foremost...bgs big apology...I forgot to mention the little Christmas tree ornament!! Thank you so much  I love it!!!

not much going on here. yesterday we went out to eat and saw a movie.  Then...I threw my back out!!!  This happens often but I have been lucky in the sense that it's been  a long time since the last one.  That's the bad news.  The good news is sitting and laying around is the only relief. Soooo, guess who's going to crochet all day!!!! LOL    There's always a silver lining  LOL. 

Have a great day everyone!!! ​  ​ ​

I'm sorry you threw your back out, but I'm glad you're getting quality yarn time in.  :P

Nothing happening over here... DH and I ran some errands this afternoon, which was a really bad idea because i think everyone and their uncle was out spending all their Christmas gift cards before school starts back up on Monday. Yikes. It was a rough trip to Kohls and Target! And of course the grocery store, which is never exciting, and Bed Bath & Beyond, which didn't have the attachments I need to replace for my stand mixer. Oh well. Tomorrow we're going back out because I need a bunch of basil to make pesto (I can't seem to find it anywhere) and then DH and I are starting back to the gym tomorrow night. Lucky us!  ;)

Okay, off to bed. I hope everyone had a good Saturday! 

I'm doing a lot of trying to finish up half-done projects. I have a few that I'd like to start, but I want to accomplish something first! I saw the Harry Potter CAL and I'm tempted to try tackling that for my Alicia. I'm not sure, though, because Sami-girl would probably think she needs one, too!

Good morning!

My grandson and I will be staying home while everyone goes to church because he has a sore on his foot that hurts when he puts on shoes. Sundays are busy around here, my son-in-law is the tech/sound/lighting director at the church so he has to be there for all 3 services, my daughter and grandkids usually attend the second service and my daughter and granddaughter help with the children's ministry for the 3rd service. Then I will be heading home so I can go back to work tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.

Brenda (bgs) thank you SO much for the lovely card and ornament. I love them ! I am so sorry it took me so long to post as I just got it today. I haven't checked the mail box in over 2 weeks :( but your made my day better. Thank you so much.

Thanks Katie!! Today was Little Tribbles first day back to school after the holiday break. There was a two hour delay because of the small bit of snow we had during the night. I was very happy for the delay because though we sent Little Tribble to bed by 9:30 he was still awake at 3 AM. He never sleeps wonderfully, hope he does better tonight.

Didn't do much today, worn out from being up with Little Tribble all night and then I took a nap so I could come into work tonight. Warmed up soup from a can for supper.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful evening, I will talk to you all tomorrow!

hello Squares!

just cheking in, got a n idea now, of what colors I need to get to re stock my stash, in the next couple of weeks, i ill do that, the hard part, was inventorying it, lol..

Also, another year beginning job, make up a new bill book,for 2016,  and that took a little bit, lol but tht too is done, also did a lot more, but forget now, lol....tomorrow have to get that other table in here, for sure,, lol then I will done with to do but not on a daily normal schedule list, lol

cold here now, gonna stay that way, but that too, is not as cold as it usually is this time of year, go figure, huh.

i hate to say this out loud, but i am kinda glad the holidays are over, for a few months anyway, really wore me out this time around, you know how you always get during the hoildays, lol.

everything else is good here, hope all of you are all well, and or healing, how is the weather wher you are, has the flooding stopped locally for you all that were getting flooded??

well,time to shower and sleep, lol, see you all tomorrow, sweet dreams!!!!!!  :manyheart

hi all, we all sill plugging along huh, me too, doing a few things, cleaning up a few projects, started a baby ghan, round ripple, not too far on it yet, lay it aside when i am done, and pick it up later on,lol one of those things....

cold today but sunny most of the day, tomorrow freezing rain,yuk, so did my errands today, i don't like walking into stores and such, in snow and ie, the carts too, are so hard to push trhough that parking lot gunk, you know.

other than that, nothing much new here, i may come on in later, and chat some more!! :manyheart

Hi,

question,since I didn't get many squares out last year,refresh my memory

do we get the birthday month names from you,Katyallen or do we pm them for their address ??

boy talk about a weather drop,around Christmas we had almost 80 degrees this morning woke up to  a chattering 20 degrees

and big grin :D seen some flurries

Hi all! Just dropping in to say hi and let you all know I'm NOT back in the hospital...yet. Don't plan on going back any time soon, but you never know!

I did a little cleaning last night and the evening before, and I'm working on a star shaped blanket for DD too. Its all pretty and multi colored. I'll post pix when it's further along.

The weather here has gotten colder, but the flood waters have gone down, thankfully. I think all the local side roads are open now too. The waters were at the end of my street, and in some of my neighbors yards and basements. We got lucky, being up on a little hill or we probably would have had water in ours too.

Today I didn't really do too much. Took a day long I'm not doing anything break really. Played one of my games for a while, then made dinner. Then painted DD's nails. I wanted silver and we ended up with her choice of black with blue sparkles. It's cute really with her blonde hair :)

Well, enough about me and from me as well for tonight. I think it's about bed time! Hope all are well or feeling better! :hug s all!

Hmmm I'm either busier than I thought or I've really lost my mind because I was sure I popped in here yesterday but it looks like I haven't been here since Sunday. Back  to the usual stuff work, groceries, bill paying etc..... Not much else happening.

I can't pick up my head. I have been sick sense New Year's Day that evening.

I have bronchitis and hoping it doesn't get worse. On second round of antiboctics. Been in bed for. The most part. And it's. Getting old. But I'm just so tired all the time.

I'm so far behind, don't know if I can catch up but wanted to stop by and say I'm still kicking. I've been spending more time with my dad, last appointment monday and they are finally trying to get his surgery done (new surgeon) in the next 2-3 weeks. Been a rough couple months but we'll get through this. Hope you are all well. I've just been working on mostly scarves for the homeless. I did get a new storage place for my yarn and I love it. I posted a thread showing it. Can't thank my brother enough. :)  Anyway, hope you are all doing ok and I'll try to catch up on the past posts over the next few days. 

Just a quick check in to say hello! Trying to get the house cleaned after working, its always a disaster. Seems I am the only one that lives here that tries to keep things in order so it doesn't take long to keep straightened.... I hope everyone who's I'll feels better! Have a great night see everyone tomorr!

Quick check in since I'm on the tablet. DH and I have been going to the gym every night and I'm usually too tired by the time we get home and I shower to even think about getting the laptop out. So I'll have a real check in this weekend when we're not going to the gym!

Owlvamp, I hope these antibiotics start working for you so you can feel better!

Not much else to report here. We've been dealing with the absolute travesty that was Netflix taking Dumbo off and for now Sister has the vhs tape and a vcr until we get the dvd. Peanut LOVES Dumbo and is constantly asking for "Bo" and bouncing and clapping. I also may have possibly gotten online this morning and ordered him a big stuffed Bo. It was on sale half price at the Disney store website so it had to be done. Peanut was so excited to see the tape cover and when Sister called me on her way home, I could hear him in the background kissing it. Lol!

Okay I'm off to bed. Laundry tomorrow and probably an errand or 2 and then the gym again later in the evening. I'll be back Friday probably!

Hi,

question,since I didn't get many squares out last year,refresh my memory

do we get the birthday month names from you,Katyallen or do we pm them for their address ??

boy talk about a weather drop,around Christmas we had almost 80 degrees this morning woke up to  a chattering 20 degrees

and big grin :D seen some flurries

Hi Pineknot, i rhink we are all messaging intended recipients ourselves, aren't we gang, unless there is some problem reaching them, then you can ask me...

Oh my gosh sandra, what is that about!! poor thing!!

I can't pick up my head. I have been sick sense New Year's Day that evening.

I have bronchitis and hoping it doesn't get worse. On second round of antiboctics. Been in bed for. The most part. And it's. Getting old. But I'm just so tired all the time.

woo hoo carol, you beat me, mine are ready, but the days have been yukky, so there they sit....

I almost forgot...... January birthday puffys went in the mail today.

well, blast from the past Stephanie, good to see you posting again, hope all goes well with dad and good to see ya!! and you don't have to worry about catching up, just jump back in, lol like you did!!

I'm so far behind, don't know if I can catch up but wanted to stop by and say I'm still kicking. I've been spending more time with my dad, last appointment monday and they are finally trying to get his surgery done (new surgeon) in the next 2-3 weeks. Been a rough couple months but we'll get through this. Hope you are all well. I've just been working on mostly scarves for the homeless. I did get a new storage place for my yarn and I love it. I posted a thread showing it. Can't thank my brother enough. :)  Anyway, hope you are all doing ok and I'll try to catch up on the past posts over the next few days. 

a new member, least to our granny square group, is #!crochetfan, welcome, and please check out her prefs on the first post, she has a few guidelines for us all to read pertaining to her colors, and size and such!! welcome to our little square home crochetfan!!!!!!!!!!!!

been re arranging my bedroom, started with those darn tables, lol then had to vac and dust, then decided to move the jewelry amoir, and had to vac and dust and rearrange the dresser things that are on the big dresser,and dust and vac, then I messed up the tv, and couldn't get it to do anything, finally figured it out, accidentally, and put it back on HDMI, where apparently it shouldbe, lol     i didn't even have to call daughter, lol did it all myself.....im getting way too techy, me thinks, lol

So icy rain falling, chilly outside, good night for chilli, so that is going to be super, lol     

now I onlya have my bed to straighten out, and make, as i tend to pile up things i don't know what  to do with on the bed, and i have gone al through that now, and put it all away, but still should make and change the bed yet today, ill sleep better that way...

have a great afternoon all,. see ya later on this eve.

Archived