Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi!

Guess what? I crocheted something! I made my best friend a phone pouch and sewed tiny crocheted snowflakes to it. I created a pattern for the tiny flakes because I couldn't find one I liked. She loves it! I forgot to take a pic. Now, I need to get started on my mom's scarf or my MIL's shaw. Or maybe some birthday squares to continue warming up.

So, I had my pre-op today and my surgery is canceled. The equipment they need for my procedure was recalled and they don't know when they'll get a new one! Eek! I don't mind except that my surgery would have coincided with Christmas Stand-down for dh's work so he wouldn't have had to take off extra days to help me.

I've gotta go do dishes and make dinner.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh sheesh, long day, tripped today, landed on  my hands and kjees, in gravel, hurt a bit,neededalittle help to get up, as my knees were weak after that, got up though, and walking around right after, no breaks, thank goodness, no immediate damage, a little sore, got gravel pits in my knees, but was wearing heavier slacks, so that probably saved them from getting cut up at least!! soooo

taking it easy for a day or so, im sure i will be fine though, no need to worry. \

didn't rain today, might as well have though, as it was chilly, moist, and windy out, not to mention clouds all day!!

But other than that, nothing new here, it's a no news day here, so ill sign off, hope all is well, and ill see ya at morrow!!! what daughter used to say when she was little, lol :manyheart  :ghug

Owww, I hope you are ok today.

I just spent over 3 hours at the emergency room with my mother and they decided to keep her overnight so they can run more test tomorrow. My dad is with her now and I will be back there in the morning after a stop at work to make sure everything is in order for the sub. Mom took a bad fall backwards and has about a 1" cut on her head which they put 3 or 4 staples in, she was also complaining of her neck and shoulder hurting, the test and x-rays they have run so far have come back good. She said she was a little dizzy before she fell but didn't think she blacked out at any time. My dad was not home and I had to call 911 to transport her. I had brownie dough just about to go in the oven for a pot luck lunch tomorrow, I put in the refrigerator when I left. So I am now baking brownies and drying the laundry I left in the washing machine, hopefully I will be able to get some sleep soon because my anxiety has peaked, i've been awake since 4 a.m. and I am starting to feel sleepy, which also explains my rambling, sorry. Ok, I'll stop rambling. I'll be back tomorrow to give you an update on mom.

Hi!

Guess what? I crocheted something! I made my best friend a phone pouch and sewed tiny crocheted snowflakes to it. I created a pattern for the tiny flakes because I couldn't find one I liked. She loves it! I forgot to take a pic. Now, I need to get started on my mom's scarf or my MIL's shaw. Or maybe some birthday squares to continue warming up.

So, I had my pre-op today and my surgery is canceled. The equipment they need for my procedure was recalled and they don't know when they'll get a new one! Eek! I don't mind except that my surgery would have coincided with Christmas Stand-down for dh's work so he wouldn't have had to take off extra days to help me.

I've gotta go do dishes and make dinner.

oh cindy, that is a shame i mean bout the surgery being postponed, but good to hear you are crocheting again, even designing, no less, you go girl!!!

I just spent over 3 hours at the emergency room with my mother and they decided to keep her overnight so they can run more test tomorrow. My dad is with her now and I will be back there in the morning after a stop at work to make sure everything is in order for the sub. Mom took a bad fall backwards and has about a 1" cut on her head which they put 3 or 4 staples in, she was also complaining of her neck and shoulder hurting, the test and x-rays they have run so far have come back good. She said she was a little dizzy before she fell but didn't think she blacked out at any time. My dad was not home and I had to call 911 to transport her. I had brownie dough just about to go in the oven for a pot luck lunch tomorrow, I put in the refrigerator when I left. So I am now baking brownies and drying the laundry I left in the washing machine, hopefully I will be able to get some sleep soon because my anxiety has peaked, i've been awake since 4 a.m. and I am starting to feel sleepy, which also explains my rambling, sorry. Ok, I'll stop rambling. I'll be back tomorrow to give you an update on mom.

poor mom, and poor you, so much going on here right before Christmas, thoughts are with you and your mom, let us know when you can, till then, get some sleep lil lady!!

as for the thread, there are several people on the ville, that put it to wonderfully  beautiful things, if you are looking just to give it to someone that will use it...

Got a darling surprise in the mail, I cant take a pic, camera still on the blink, does anyone know how to clear the memory card on a kodak, lol,,,,,it keeps telling me no room in the internal memory, or the card, for which im not sure how to clear,i dunno, hints anyone, lol

Problem is, i can't bring up the review to delete some pics, for the above mentioned reasons, or I would have done that the other day, oh well huh,... I willshow a pic when i can of it,darling!! some people have the most wonderful imaginations,huh!!

well, was fine today, no worse for the wear, so am back to normal almost I guess.

All for now, Im tired,but don't wanna go to bed yet, so willf ind something to occupy myself for a while yet.... take it easy all, till tomorrow then!!

Oh no! I hope she is okay!

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA again. I ended up having to go to the hospital over the tooth. Apparently I was sick enough they decided on emergency surgery and a short hospital stay. I'm mostly better now, still can't open my mouth too far, but better. The Dr told me earlier when I went in for my first follow-up to start trying to chew my food (she put me on a blenderized diet at first), so I'm happy about that!

On another note: I got 2 beautiful birthday puffies in the mail!!! A certain Ms Kathyallen, and a certain Ms cshort! Thank you so much ladies! I love my new squares!!! Super big giant :hug s!!!!!post-41261-0-66348100-1450386719_thumb.jpgpost-41261-0-47053400-1450386742_thumb.jpg Thank you so much!

I hope everyone is doing well too! :hug s for all!

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA again. I ended up having to go to the hospital over the tooth. Apparently I was sick enough they decided on emergency surgery and a short hospital stay. I'm mostly better now, still can't open my mouth too far, but better. The Dr told me earlier when I went in for my first follow-up to start trying to chew my food (she put me on a blenderized diet at first), so I'm happy about that!

On another note: I got 2 beautiful birthday puffies in the mail!!! A certain Ms Kathyallen, and a certain Ms cshort! Thank you so much ladies! I love my new squares!!! Super big giant :hug s!!!!!attachicon.gif20151217_150113.jpgattachicon.gif20151217_150013.jpg Thank you so much!

I hope everyone is doing well too! :hug s for all!

I am so sorry to hear about your tooth but I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I'm glad the squares made it safely to their new home.

Mom is home from the hospital and we are all exhausted. The doctor said that the combination of medication that she is taking caused her blood pressure to drop too low and that is why she fell. She needs to see her doctors and get the dosages and/or times that she takes the meds adjusted so that it doesn't happen again. So now I am going to crochet for a while and then I am going to sleep. Have a great evening everyone.

Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I'm still here. I've been keeping up with the reading but haven't really had time to post. I haven't had much of an opportunity to get the laptop out and posting from the tablet is really a pain, which I'm doing now.

Dad went home on Saturday early and I've been working on a couple projects- a small afghan for DH's grandmother and a Christmas tree hat. We were supposed to go to my dad's for Christmas but his girlfriend's son asked if he could come and since he doesn't know about my dad or anything yet (he thinks she's living with her best friend) and it's been almost 6 years they've been together, living together for 3 or so, I don't really want to be there for that revelation so we're going to my cousin's instead. Dad isn't thrilled but that's a little too Jerry Springer for my holiday! Lol

Anyway I skipped decorating thinking we'd be out of town so I haven't done any of that but we did go Christmas shopping today and got Peanut a truck and a race car and some clothes and some other things for other people. Not much else other than some quality hooky time!

I hope everyone who has been sick is feeling better, Katie I'm glad you didn't get hurt bad in your fall and hopefully I'll get that laptop out in the next day or two so I can really get caught up.

Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I'm still here. I've been keeping up with the reading but haven't really had time to post. I haven't had much of an opportunity to get the laptop out and posting from the tablet is really a pain, which I'm doing now.

Dad went home on Saturday early and I've been working on a couple projects- a small afghan for DH's grandmother and a Christmas tree hat. We were supposed to go to my dad's for Christmas but his girlfriend's son asked if he could come and since he doesn't know about my dad or anything yet (he thinks she's living with her best friend) and it's been almost 6 years they've been together, living together for 3 or so, I don't really want to be there for that revelation so we're going to my cousin's instead. Dad isn't thrilled but that's a little too Jerry Springer for my holiday! Lol

Anyway I skipped decorating thinking we'd be out of town so I haven't done any of that but we did go Christmas shopping today and got Peanut a truck and a race car and some clothes and some other things for other people. Not much else other than some quality hooky time!

I hope everyone who has been sick is feeling better, Katie I'm glad you didn't get hurt bad in your fall and hopefully I'll get that laptop out in the next day or two so I can really get caught up.

I too am normally on a tablet and it is a pain to post. I had a chance to get on a real computer ;) , so I thought I would respond  and check in really quick..

I hope you have recovered from your fall Katie!

adjusting medication can cause a lot of problems, cshort. I hope they get it striated out for her soon!

Hope the tooth is better, Katiebug.

I don't have to work this weekend so I think one of our friends is going to come over and I think spaghetti and meatballs is on the menu! Will have to have garlic bread also. Can't have spaghetti without garlic bread! Then on Sunday I think we are going to visit FIL.

I need to decide what meal I am going to fix for Mr.Tribbles birthday.

Have a wonderful Friday all!!!

Hi everyone! 

Wow! I did not realize that I have not posted in such a while! I have been so busy just trying to get things done and still that way!! I will not over extend myself like this again that is for sure on a holiday!!

I hope all is well..

dragnlady  I hope everything went well with DS's wedding!! I did think about you! :)

cshort  I am impressed.. wrapping all done and still time to do your craft work!! :) But I sure am sorry about your mom! :hug  Prayers going up for you and your family!!

Hello  Tribble, and holly,hope all is well with you!

Yay jessica on your Etsy order!! and I know the kiddos will enjoy their kindles!!

Hello snowbear!

Hi yarnscrapper!! Wow... all committments done and now enjoying the season!! Yay!! Go you!! ;)

Hi owlvamp! I bet that mermaid tail blanket is pretty!

Immafreek!! so glad to see you and baby still doing well!!

katyallen so sorry about your fall!! Hope you're not too stove up and okay now.. :hug

CindySweetThings!!  yay on making some things!! I'm wishing best things towards you on your surgery!!

katybug so sorry about you being sick with your tooth!! Girl, you must have been full of infection! Be sure to take care of yourself!! :yes  And such nice puffies you received!!

Nikki  Like you I've been popping in once a day and reading the posts but just no time!! whew boy! and I can certainly understand about why you changed your mind on going to your Dad's for Christmas!!  I cracked up on the Jerry Springer show.. I never watch it because it's just too much drama and language for my taste but I have walked through the room and it happen to be on the channel when the show came on.. I have a sister that I have told my friends many times I just hope I don't walk through one day and see her on the Jerry Springer show and if she says anything about her sister from __  I'm going to claim I don't know her! :lol might as well laugh than cry about the situation.. but maybe it will go well for your Dad..

Well I know this is a quick fly-by and I am sorry... but I need to get busy and try to know some more out while I can... Just wanted to say hello and hope all  has a great Friday!! and hello to any I missed!!

Hi all, just a quick check in before trying to get a little yarning done. I'm not feeling too bad today, but I know better to think I'm better :lol still feeling the "ghost tooth" but I guess that's expected for a bit...oh well.

I just read about the falls: cshort, I hope your mom is better! And Katy, I hope your feeling better too! Be careful!

Ok, well, I'm off for now. :hug s all!

Hello everyone! It's time for a happy dance  :dance  :dance because I'm on winter break for the next 2 weeks!  Mom is feeling better today, thank you everyone for your prayers and good thoughts for her, she has contacted her doctors and they are getting the meds adjusted. I am sooooo tired today, I think all the emotion and worry of the past couple of days caught up with me. I'm going to crochet for a bit and then go to sleep. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Pineknott--hi, neighbor!!! I was just thinking of you. I was down in your area and wondered how you were doing. I was going to ask if you're still around, but your post is my answer!

Hershey--thanks for the surgery well wishes, but they cancelled it. The equipment they need for my procedure was recalled!

I didn't stop with the two snowflakes I made for bff's phone case, I designed a few more! They are all under 2", but not made with thread. I'll post patterns this weekend.

Anyone know how to stiffen snowflakes? I think I want to block them before taking pics. Or maybe I'll just whip up a small swatch to sew them to. Haven't decided.

Hi Cindy

I feel bad I haven't been able to connect with you,time and circumstance is just not with me at this time

when I'm up in the College Drive area,I always wonder if I have passed you in one of the stores and didn't even know it

Hi Cindy

I feel bad I haven't been able to connect with you,time and circumstance is just not with me at this time

when I'm up in the College Drive area,I always wonder if I have passed you in one of the stores and didn't even know it

Wouldn't that be funny? What if we've talked before? Haha! Let's make each other a square, that way we HAVE to meet up and exchange them! ;)

Just a quick check in. Been so busy trying to get things done. Going shopping for stocking stuffers tomorrow, then the shopping will be done! I am very glad!!!!

Have a good night all!!

Hi all! Of course I have the lap top out tonight and it's going to be another quick check in because bed can't come fast enough!  :tired

Sister picked me up at 11 and we took Peanut to see Santa (it did not go well!), then we had lunch and Sister needed to do Christmas shopping. We went to Walmart, Babies R Us, Carter's and Target. The shopping centers were insane and the toy sections of Target and Walmart were just horrible. I'm exhausted. I said this has to tell you how much I love you and my Peanut!!  :lol I got home around 6 and have been ready for bed ever since! 

Tomorrow is football so it's another long day for me and Monday I am sleeping in!!  :yes

Before I take my tail to bed, here's a couple pictures of Peanut today. He sure did look handsome! He knew it too. He was flirting with all the ladies and being a total ham! Not for Santa though. Definitely not!! Lol!

post-11765-0-73697900-1450585740_thumb.jpgpost-11765-0-22787700-1450585742_thumb.jpg

ah , liittle peanut not happy at all, i think that is the first time i have seen a pic of him, NOT smiling, he is such a happy contented little soul, hope he is back  to his smiling face soon.

hello to all else, sending wishes of healing, hope, and happiness out to all of you here on the thread, hope things are improving for those of us that need it too...

I did a bit of crocheting, but put it down, when i had to rip out the last row of something, so the hec with it for tonight, lol.

Am just planning the menu and stuff for Christmas, and making sure all of the cookies get baked, lol and cleaning, and tidying up, and such. keeping busy, i guess, so nothing new really here, i guess that is good, huh..

im fine for the wear and tear, just lripped and fell on my hands and knees, so knees didn't wanna move to get me up for a bit, bruised i guess, but fine now, and will live for sure...

still dealing with camera, having daught look at it this coming weekend, she and hubby will be here to eat and stuff, so she will see what the deal is i guess.  Kayiebug hope you tooth is feelig better being out for you, least it will heal soon, i had a dry socket once, after a wisdom tooth was pulled and wow, that hurt more than the tooth did before it got pulled, sheesh...

um what else, quite a day today long, cloudy, but not too bad temp wise. tomorrow in the 55 range that is simply unheard of around here, wow.   oh and , congrats to those of you on holiday vacations now, yay, long time coming, enjoy!

all for now more tomorrow, got a couple things yet to check on, the light bulb in my china cabinet, went out, and I must look for a replacement, i know i have one, but where did i pu t it, the room seems so dark, we leave that light on all the time, as it lights up and at night, it works as a sort of night light, lol...

it is where i keep five shelves of clocks, lol has to have the light on ror them you know.

Im showeing soon, and calling it a night, tired today, and bed is beckening!!!!!               take care all.

Peanut is such a happy little boy generally but he did not like Santa! He was fine though as soon as we let him get away from that crazy man! Until we took him away from the Dumbo ride-on thing at Babies R Us, that is. Dumbo is his favorite next to the minions. He's been watching it since he was born and it's the only movie he'll stop and watch the whole way through. So he got his ride and gave Dumbo kisses and then we had to leave. Poor kid threw himself right down on the floor and screamed bloody murder. He's mistreated, you know!

Tomorrow Sister, Peanut and I are doing one more round of Christmas shopping and then I'll be done. Finally! I'll probably sleep all day Tuesday after that.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and I'll be back tomorrow. In theory anyway!

Archived