Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi everyone!

Owlvamp, I hope you're feeling better.

Welcome #1crochetfan!

Not much going on here. Tomorrow is a planning day at work so it should be a quiet day.

Have a great evening.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!!

Can't believe it's been a week since I've dropped in!! I have been running and running and I'm ready to slow down!! My step-son's house was robbed about a week ago.. He lives right down from us 1/2 mile.. They got a lot of stuff and we have every reason to believe the one(s) who did it live 1/2 mile from us in the opposite direction.. We have heard of 6 burglaries in the last week around the surrounding community. We live in a very rural town with no law really close by... My DH and stepson have become so paranoid.. We got concealed weapon permits and the weapons, taking classes.. and put in 8 ( yes I said EIGHT!) cameras to be able to survey all around the house as well as alarms for all windows and doors..... my DH isn't playing. I will be glad when we can just get back to normal (if there is such a thing).

Sure hope you get well soon SANDRA!! And glad your not Back in the hospital KATIEBUG!! Seems like everyone else is doing what I still haven't gotten started on yet.... housecleaning and getting caught back up from all the holidays..

Anyway, just wanted to let ya'll know I haven't forgotten ya and will be back later!!!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome, cshort.

I wish all of you a healthy, productive New Year.

Come January, I like to start getting things in order so today I will tackle straightening my pantry and run some errands today. I finally took down the artficial tree and what a mess. I can't imagine dealing with a real one.

Hope everyone's day is a good one.:)

Morning all! Just dropping to say a quick hello.

Owlvamp: hope you get better soon!

Hershey: oh my gosh! I hope they find who's doing all that, and soon!

:hug s all, I'm off

First of all Welcome #1Crochetfan. So glad you joined us.

Its been a cloudy damp week ---rain, drizzle, sleet, and a few flakes. At least it was warm enough that it was ice. I have puffies to mail but didn't make it into town this week.

Mon we went to see Star Wars. Hadn't been out to the movies for 2 years. Seems like when we had time to go there wasn't anything playing we wanted to see. We really liked it. It felt like I was visiting with old friends and the time flew by.

Hershey sorry about the robbery. It really shakes up a person's sense of security and its really bad when you think its a neighbor.

Owlvamp hope you are feeling better.

Welcome #1Crochetfan!! 

hershey038, I glad to hear your DH isn't playin' !!!!  I had a neighbor who was doing the same thing in our neighborhood. They did get into our house (by breaking a window) and took many electronics. That family was a mess from the word go. I couldn't prove it was them so no charges. I decided to "let it go" and trusted that karma will take care of it.  A couple of years later the father ended up in the hospital with serious injuries from a mugging.  Hummmm....wonder who he tried to tangle with.... :devil

It's been snowing for two days now and I'm loving it!!!  It gives me a great excuse to not go outside and just sit in my craft room crocheting.

Have a great day everyone!!

It's Friday! It's Friday! :yay  :dance

Hello everyone!

Michelle, I hope they catch the person soon.

My youngest daughter and her hubby are coming for dinner, I making chicken parmesan and spaghetti. Then I plaan to spend most of my weekend sewing  :sew and maybe some crocheting too  :crocheting .

Hope everyone has a great evening and weekend.

well, my good golly, robberies no less, we had that problem inm our area a couple years ago, we all suspected one kid in the area, he left the area, proably by his parents insistence , and it stopped, so far so good, rightl.

he never hit us though, thank goodness..

freezy cold rain an ice and snowy day, had home made chicken  noodle soup, tasted great on a day like today.. got a load washing, then might put in one more, before i call it a day..  well, ripped the baby round ripple down to about 7 rows, i don't know why exactly, just wasn't pleased with it I guess, will continue it some other day, lol..

Not much to do tonight, see whats on the tube, does anyone ever watch that alaska bush people show, it's off now, i think, last episode was last night i do beleive, and I was not satisfied at all with the way it ended, sheesh, people, could have finished up a few loose ends, before simply walking down the beach, headed for Seatle......not happy at all about it, too many questions, and loose ends left undone, lol for my taste anyways.Maybe that ws a stringer, you know in case they come back, which was doubtful to their bush home, to get you to watch if they do, but I probabaly won't , as once burned, twice shy, kno what I mean!!

and so for tonight, i shall recoop from yesterday, lol and just try to find something i can do to keep occupied, and or watch tv, lol

Night to all, and Ill see you 1. later
                                           2. tomorrow

3. soon......,    he he he.

hi all  just checking in. baby is doing good. Apparently I have Chronic High Blood Pressure and didnt know. its not pregnancy related tho.  they are going to put me on medicine for it, along with increased doses of insulin for the gestational diabetes.  im tired, but doing good otherwise.....

hope you all are well. :)

hi all  just checking in. baby is doing good. Apparently I have Chronic High Blood Pressure and didnt know. its not pregnancy related tho.  they are going to put me on medicine for it, along with increased doses of insulin for the gestational diabetes.  im tired, but doing good otherwise.....

hope you all are well. :)

I'm glad baby is doing good! It's so hard to keep everything regulated during pregnancy because everything is always changing. Make them keep taking good care of you!

Good Morning.

I was up until after 11 last night (late for me) and didn't fall asleep til after midnight but I was still awake at 4:55 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. So I finished the little jacket I was working on and started on a little dress I already had cut out. I think the little jacket is going to need a pair of pants and a shirt to with it. Not much else going on here. Have a great day everyone.

ok,not gonna soft soap it anymore, saying its chilly and damp out, instead, lemme level with ya, ITS freezing here and snow rain mix makes it worse, we're in the single digits temp wise, furnace is getting a work out,. but can 't seem to keep up, or go off much, lol...
suns out though, which on any other day, would warm it up a bit, but the wind is doing it's best to keep that from happening!!

its a harsh, chilling, and killing day today, don't know how many of the outside animals manage, my heart goes out to them, they are all taking quite a beating on th ese bad days, im sure.

I know what you mean carol, sometimes I have those kinds of nights too,f or no apparent reason, just can't sleep,im tired,but darned if I can get to sleep, and wind up just getting up as well, and then of course complaining the next day, when i add up that i only selpt 3 hours in all, and might as well havej ust stayed up and watched the sunrise.

I wanna do soemthing and get something accomplised \today, but still re cooping from the furniture move i attempted by mysefl, i know i know, he said he woull, but i didn't wanna wait, lol anywy, aggravated an old rib injury i guess, or pulled a muscle, Im sure, and fit punishment was having to write on our dry erase board on the fridge, 100 times, I will never move funiture again,that weitghs more than a footstool! Sigh,that was doulbe fold punishment too, as the dry erase board is only bout 15 inches, and having to fit that sentance on there 100o times, well do the math, lol Adding insult to injury, I then spilled some hot chicken and noodle soup on me, which scalded a couple places on my  chest, and of course although it didn't do too muh damage to the skin, as i got some ice on it right away, i don't think it will blister at all,used an old trick my mom did once when i had a sunburn, ice is always first, she would say, then after, she would soak a towel in vinegar and water mixtture and lay that over the sun burn, and I tell ya, never blistered that way, and even i may have smelled like a walking salad for a couple hours, it's ok, it worked, and i like salad, lol so all is well, no harm done,cept yet again,  my ego i guess.......

well, gotta have the bad days i guess sometimes so that we rcognize when the good ones come along, huh.....so, my bed never got clean sheets yesterday, or yet, but my comforter and pillows were all laundered, lol go figure, what's one more day right!!

How often do you all change your bed linen, n a perfect world, or if i had  a maid or housekeeper, it would be every day,but since it's usually only me making the bed, i do it at least once a week, but i would like it more, lol....I think i sleep better when the sheets are fresh, and the pillows fluffed!! But in this life, this time around, don't  have a maid or housekeeper, so I do what I can, andhave resigned ,myself to settle for the once a week, and be satisfied witht that I guess...

MY all thie enrgy bottled up from taking it easy the last two days, feel like i could climb a mountain,mind is sur ready willing and able, but body is being a jerk about it!!  lol.....

I looked up abou the alaska bush people, I didn't know about this at  all, but seems maybe one of the reasons for the pmompt,and relatively  un- explainined exit from their show, seems they are in some legal matters with the state of alaska, over some oil stipend granted to all residents that live there the whole year long....Seems, several family members did not tell the truth about that on some application to the state, and therefor, got caught taking money they did'n't or shouldnt have gotten .for several years even,

I knew someting was fishy about the  finale,(n o pun intended) too much was left un- answered,too quick an exit you know....no explanations Supposed it is now schedule for cancelation,as networks don' care much for that kind of publicity..(remember June, and Honey boo!!)

so, once again,i find out reality shows are not really reality, least not how'd ya want them to be, imagine that,!! :bang

Got a catch in my back, and just nursing it yesterday and today, but there are so many other thinhgs i coul d be doing, lol if that wasn't holding me back,you know,Seems i drew the e old avoiding more injury to said body parts card!!! But only on the sidelines for another day or so, then I will be back in the game!!

dinner looks like pork chops tonight as I have more of those in the freezer, that and chicken, and we just had chicken, so.lol well they are really boneless loin chops, why pay for a  bone you know, lol

Got a couple things i could do, but they require number one bending over, and two, lifting, bot off limits for today, so will find soething iteresting to read, or play a com puter game for a bit, other than that, nothing pending..

So hope your saturday and weekend are going well, and it's not too cold where you are!! keep warm, keep safe, keep square'n all!!

:hug

Quick check in! I'm still hanging in here, finally got the Christmas decorations down, LOL. That was what I was doing last night instead of playing on here. Took a nap today so that I could work tonight.

Had pizza last night for supper, was great that I didn't have to cook and I love pizza!

Hope all is doing well and welcome #1crochetfan! This is an awesome group, you will love it here...

Night all.

Hello!

Not much happening here. Went to church this morning and made a quick stop at Joanns for a piece of fabric and a zipper. Now I'm sewing.

Hope everyone has a great day.

hi ya tribble, snowbear, carol and scrapper, and all the others in the group!!

Nother cold one here, thawted my sunbathing, and roller boarding days today, I guess, lol ah well, summers coming, one day, right!!

NOt mucuh doing here today, lazy, stay the house, with a sweater and slippers on as a help to keeping warm today, ha ha. 

couple of reallly old movies on today, not very good, funny how sophisticated we have all become, lol These were probably good movies, way back then...

Ok, well, supper is over, dishes are calling me in a little bit, but just wanted to pop in and say hello, tomorrow monday, back to work all,have a great eveing!!

Hello everyone-

Brenda- lucky you seeing the Star Wars movie. I have wanted to see it so badly and my nephew went to the midnight showing of it when it was first released, but it looks like I will have to wait and see it when it comes to DVD. At least I won't have to wait years for that-lol.

Cshort- How ambitious of you working on an outfit. I bet it is looking stunning.

Katie- I hope you recuperate quick. It is frustrating aggravating an injury. As for changing sheets, I feel like you, they should be changed once a week but I change them every few weeks in winter and much more in the Summer when we sweat. In fact mine are over due but I have not been able to fit that chore in.

Immafreak-Hang in there. The baby will be here soon.

Owlvamp- I hope you get your energy back soon.

I will have a busy day so it is time to sign off and get going.

I hope everyone has a good day.

It was a frigid 4 degrees Sun morning but we might make 52 on Thurs so that will feel balmy.

#1 There are just a few movies that I really like to see on the big screen and Star Wars is one of them. For some reason I never bought the Star Wars dvds well it would have been vhs back then. Now I kind of feel like I want to get them and watch them in chronological order.

I used to change the sheets once a week but now do like #1 but I do wash pillow cases more frequently especially when we have colds. Before I got an he washing machine it seemed like an awful lot of water to unnecessarily be using. Water here seemed higher than it was in the city and then you have the added stress it puts on the septic tank and laterals.

:clap hi  all.quickie hello to all, i hope l of us in the deep freeze survive till spring, lol yeah, i always thought a dishwasher is a waste of energy, time and water, as you do about washing bgs,so i have usually been the family dishwasher, even when i hqd dishwashwers in the home, but one thing i will say that is better about dishwashing vs handwashing, i think the dishwasher is more sanitary, and germ killing, so either way, just so theyget done, right!!

gotta run for now im so sleepy!   have a good one!

Archived