Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hello everyone. Sounds like everyone had a nice Christmas.

I had planned to spend today crocheting in my pajamas but my dad and brother needed my help so that took most of my morning. Then I was on the phone with tech support at Ford, my phone and car are not playing nice and won't sync any more, the tech was really good but we couldn't get it to work. So then I called the local dealership and have to take the car in on Monday morning, thankfully the car is still under warranty so everything should be covered. Then I got to sit down and crochet  :clap .  Right now I'm eating some of the yummy split pea soup I made last night with the ham bone from brunch. Guess thats about all the news from here. Hope everyone has a good evening.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, today was a bust. We spent all morning and afternoon in the ER. Last night, the baby smacked dh on the eye real good. Hurt his cornea. We thought he'd be better this morning, but it was waaaay worse. Urgent care said they couldn't help him and referred us to the ER. He has a corneal abrasion with swelling. They gave him some antibiotic ointment and some strong pain killers. Poor guy is in a lot of pain and can't see out of his eye.

On a brighter note, my bff got me this for Christmas.....a yarn winder! Yay! No more hand cramps from winding yarn into balls.

post-48303-0-21809400-1451183389_thumb.jpg

Well, today was a bust. We spent all morning and afternoon in the ER. Last night, the baby smacked dh on the eye real good. Hurt his cornea. We thought he'd be better this morning, but it was waaaay worse. Urgent care said they couldn't help him and referred us to the ER. He has a corneal abrasion with swelling. They gave him some antibiotic ointment and some strong pain killers. Poor guy is in a lot of pain and can't see out of his eye.

On a brighter note, my bff got me this for Christmas.....a yarn winder! Yay! No more hand cramps from winding yarn into balls.

I hope the pain subsides for him soon! Yarn winders are the best inventions ever!! I have a manual one and it's still so much better than doing it all by hand!  :yes

So here is the festive picture I wanted to post yesterday... 

post-11765-0-78248100-1451188616_thumb.jpg

Details on my fabulous hat can be found over here.

We spent the evening at my cousins' house with them and my aunt and had a really great time. They gave me a yarn bowl and I'm so excited!! It's a beautiful shade of blue and I can't wait to use it... especially with the big trash bag full of balls my aunt gave me that blew my stashbusting score all to pieces! Lol And I got several crochet books from DH (he was given a list lol)- a huge book of squares, one of one skein projects and another of afghans. Add those to a gift card from my MIL, a sale at Joann's and a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase and I think we all know what I'll be doing tomorrow!  :c9  :shop

Today Sister and Peanut came over and we all went to have lunch with my uncle. Peanut had a fabulous time and made friends with a couple ladies at the booth behind us. He smiled, waved, danced for them and decided they'd all gotten so close that he was going to join them, so he ran away from me and climbed up in their booth with them.  :lol  That's my Peanut!  :manyheart

Okay, I'm off to watch the rest of this football game and work on my squares from Moogly's CAL. I really want to finish that up so I can move on with my life! Lol! 

The tree is brimming with presents and the girls are abuzz with excitement. THAT'S my favorite part of the season!

Little Tribble being excited is my favorite part also! It's so much fun.

I have not been around much because I'm without Internet. It went out on Monday and AT&T is having problems getting it fixed so I'm checking in on my phone to say hello.

It's a real pain visiting forums on a tablet or phone! Hope you get your internet back soon!!!

Hello my crocheting friends!!! Remember me? Lol! I couldn't let the day go by without stopping in to say Merry Christmas!  I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.  Things have been pretty much the same around here, except that i've been trying to squeeze in some holiday presents with my usual crochet/knitting.  I thought that I was doing great until one of my DIL's mentioned that her girls would love something that she saw on FB and she would show me on Thanksgiving.  Hmmm, ok....yep, the mermaid tails!  I had thought about making them for the 4 girls earlier but decided against it, DUH!  So, quick as a wink, grammy went to work and made 2, yes, I said 2 mermaid tails.  We'll see how it goes over tonight.  I'm hoping that I don't have 2 very happy and 2 very disappointed little girls. One of the girls not getting a tail had asked me for a big butterfly.  She is getting a butterfly rug.  i think that fits the bill, lol.  The oldest I'm thinking is 9 and maybe growing out of that stage?  She's my crafter and will be getting a fleece blanket to make.  I thought we could make it together.

Well,  now that I've bared my soul to you guys, what do you think, lol?  By the way, I miss you all so much!  I really hope to be able to start coming on here more often in the new year.  I'm praying for more strength/energy.

Well, gotta run and finish up before time to party.  Merry Christmas!!!!  :ctree

I love those mermaid tails! I have plans to make myself one sometime and I want to make one of the Shark tails for Little Tribble. I haven't made anything this large before so I don't know when I will tackle this. I am sure they were a hit! and a Butterfly rug sounds awesome!

and,true to form. we got over 9inches today, yep, and the temp was upperthirties, so won't last long, but so pretty, such huge flakes!!

:clap

That a lot of snow in a short time! We had rain, rain and more rain! And other than all the mud our dogs have dragged in, I don't mind at all. I think Little Tribble would have liked a bit of snow.

It was 79 deg here (VA) with a Real Feel of 84! Record breaking.

We were in the 60s very warm this time of year.

well good carol glad you are back via phone that is, lol glad you had a good day today, and sounds like you spent time with everyone and hop mom has no more trouible.. Kids just left, we had a nice day, sil and daughter hooked up a new big screen for us, and moved the other tv to the other room, and now we are as daughter says, we are all updated to the new and better technolgy in all our rooms iwith tv's in them, lol and they hooked up a new dvd player for u s as well, and moved the other one into the bedroom, on that tv, so we all all updated, lol  

we had a nic turkey dinner with all the trimmings, and dherry pie, and oatmeal raisin cookies for sweets, so we all filled up immensly full, lol and then watched a couple movies on the new tv, and dvd player, just to make sure everything worked, lol it did, and does, and we are happy with it all, and most of all for them doing all the hookups, and manual moving of stuff. lol

Im still very full, but thirsty............ 

handyman cleaned up after we ate, and did all the dishes, so i wouldn't have to, and that was great too....

allin all, pretty good Christmas, glad 2015 is over, looking forward to the new year now! allfor now,hope you all had a good one, see ya tomorrow!!

Glad your Christmas was good! I love hearing what everyone did and the fun they had!

Our Christmas was great. Starting on the Monday before Christmas, Little Tribble said he was going to go to bed and sleep till Christmas morning. I told him that wouldn't work! My father stayed Christmas Eve night (he usually does as he likes to be there in the morning). Little Tribble went to bed around 10, and I began wrapping gifts around 11. You would think that after so many years we wouldn't wait until Christmas Eve night to wrap, but we always do! While I wrapped Mr Tribble finished up a model car for my father's birthday. He always makes one for him. He is so hard to buy for, no clue what he would like as he doesn't collect anything much, but does like the models that my husband makes. I finished wrapping gifts around 3:30 in the morning, took a shower and then finished a crochet gift from my mother. We went to bed about 5:45 and Little Tribble woke up around 7:30. Let me tell you, NOT ENOUGH SLEEP!!! LOL. He was very excited and loved everything he got and loved the stuff Santa brought for him.

Hubby and I laid back down for a nap around noon, overslept, so dinner was at 9 in the evening, which since my mom had to work till 7:30, worked fine. LOL. We had ham, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, devilled eggs, potato salad and for desert Pistachio fluff (or Watergate Salad). I am not the best baker and if I am baking the best I am going to do is a cake from a box, or perhaps a pie that I make with frozen crust and canned pie filling. LOL. However, I must say that our pistachio fluff is our favorite dessert anyway, and so Easy to make so that is what we had.

It was a great dinner. Of course Little Tribble didn't like any of the food and finally agreed to eat a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich which he ate half of. He was not happy that the store was closed and we couldn't go get him a frozen pizza or mcdonalds cheeseburger. He doesn't eat a lot of variety and since this last ear infection I can't get him to eat hardly anything. He's went from 42 pounds back down to around 38 pounds. He ate a lot better today, so I was happy about that.

Did everyone get what they wanted for Christmas or do you not exchange gifts? I know a lot of people don't exchange. My hubby loved the stuff I crocheted for him and I picked up a couple other stocking stuffers for him. A Steelers keychain and a Yoda ornament and incense burner (actually ashtray but we don't smoke LOL!)

Hubby got me yarn and yarn needles and a new tablet case (mine was falling apart) a pendant with my initial and a pen/stylus. Little Tribble got me a Beanie Boo Raccoon and a rocket raccoon, a sugar skull hand sanitizer holder and lots of hand sanitizers to put in it and a new badge clip and an R2D2 full of bubbles LOL!

Hi all! Quick check in for me. Cindy, I hope your hubby feels better soon! And you are so lucky too! A yarn ball winder!!! I do it the almost old fashion way of using a toilet paper or paper towel tube and an electric hand mixer. Kinda fun too :lol

I spent part of last night in the ER as well, only they kept me. Mainly because I had surgery once this month already and now there is more swelling, only it's my tonsil this time. They say they're just being cautious over all the problems I've been having. I think they're just trying to be mean to me! :( Meanie butts!

Other than that, everything seems to be going fine. Kids had a great Christmas, made a huge mess, and then we spent time with some of the family...and neighbors :lol Everyone had a great time tho, and that's all that matters :)

Well, enough for now. I shall see you all later! :hug s for all!!!

Cindy, I hope everyone is feeling better.

Nikki, the hat is great!

I went to church this morning and spent the rest of the day sewing.  :sew  :sew

Have a geat evening everyone.

oh, lazy day, expecting what they call a "blizzard" tonigt and tomorrow, so quick run to the grocery this am, to make sure we had what we would need if we get snowed in doe  Sy or two, then home to clean up a bit, and start to put the Christmas decoations back in the box, and label that 2025, so just grab that one box next year, and won't have to go through all the boxes to find what I wanted, lol unless I want somethin diferent than this year.. We didn't do a tree, so no putting away that, which is helpful, and are almost back to normal, ready and wating for the new year, so glad 2015 is over!!

Oh then  we watched a couple movies this aft. and this evening, one was Left behind, and was pretty good once the plot got going, the other was, uh, oh yes Monument Men,which we could never get to work in our old dvd player, but played fine in the new one, so that was interesting foo. Now just kicking back, having a cup of hot chocolate, we already dad the rest of the cherry pie for desert,finished that off, and just wanted some hot chocolate so.. lol had whippedcream for it so it was tasty... then Ill shower soon, and fold the clothes out of the dryer, and lay in bed and see what is going on in the world,lol   Watching that blizzard too, daughter says she probably won't open the shop till noon, and maybe not even then, if it's that bad....I think it will hit us., lightly, and move on quickly and heavilly to the other side of the river, Iowa, hope my sister is hunkering down, i left her a message about the blizzard, but they are on top of that too so that is good.

Nothing much else to say here, time to finish the chocolate and head into a shower, had a chill today, couldn't shake, but a hot shower, will sure help shake it....Night to all you night owles out there, so sorry about hubbys eye, and hospital visits,and colds and flu, hec of a time of year to feel blah........love to all now, see ya tomorrow,

Sorry to hear that everyone is not feeling too well! I have been so tired, hope I'm not fighting off a cold. Worked last night and at work again, so I didn't get anything finished!!! Little Tribble fell asleep with me somewhere between 3:30 and 5:30. Was still sleeping at 6:45. Mr Tribble is in for a LONG night!

Have a good night all, supper was leftover Christmas dinner as is my lunch here at work for tonight. Talk to everyone tomorrow.

Good Morning

Cindy,what a wonderful gift those yarn winders are.

hope hubby's eye feels better soon,and that you aren't coming down with a cold

this weather is the pits,I have roses blooming,pansies complaining of too hot temps,by turning their leaves yellow

Hello everyone!!

Wow!! This weather is crazy everywhere!! We woke up to tornado warnings and the warnings were extended as far as an hour away from us in every direction... but all my children were safe and we only had a limb fall on our shed and do some very minor damage.. I don't know if it was the rain but our commodes all started backing up at the same time. Thank God they didn't overflow but just nearly.. DH went out and "snaked" the outside lines so we think the problem is solved for now... You know men, I keep saying we need a plumber to find out what is going on and let's get it fixed!! He says I'm doing all that can be done and they wont' do any more than I am.. But every 2 to 3 weeks we have problems...SOOO........

The weather is clearing now so maybe the rest of the day will be great since we got off to such a start.. I plan to get up from here and straighten house some, a mountain of laundry needs to be done and try to find something nutritious to cook for lunch/dinner and then it is MY time!! I have a jewelry order to be done and then I want to do some crocheting late this evening and tonight..

CSHORT  your PJ and crochet day ( I try to plan those too) sound just like mine usually wind up... LOL!! But so glad you finally got a little of that time.

CINDY so sorry for your DH's eye!! My DH hurt his eye like that the day before Thanksgiving and it was kind of scary.. I do hope he is so much better!! and I love your yarnwinder gift... One day I plan on getting one, as I do all mine by hand...

NIKKI your hat is 'da bomb!! It is certainly festive! and it sounds like you got a lot of great stuff.. I can say I have not ever gotten crochet gifts from friends or family.. That is really neat.. and I love your Moogly squares I have noticed before.. Please do show us your completed afghan (eye candy!)

TRIBBLE  I did the Christmas Eve wrapping first year after DH and I married and I cannot do that any more!! I would be panicking!! Between my 15 yr. old daughter that lives with us and our 5 grandchildren we get for I don't think I could even make it!! :lol

Your Christmas dinner sounds scrumptious!! I usually don't exchange gifts, but my MIL talked me into collecting a Christmas china that I didnt' even want.. I wanted Lenox' Winter greetings and she talked me into the Holiday pattern.. She somehow got the clerk to agree with her that they were going to discontinue the one I wanted but she could add to my collection every year.. That was 6 years ago and it is still going strong... This year she gave me 2 dishes I that she had already given a couple of years earlier.. so I am going to see if they will let me exchange for what I want in the other collection. I can mix and match the 2 sets as I go...

KATYBUG you need to take care of yourself!! :hug  so sorry you spent the night in ER but that may have been wise.

:ghug  at KATYBUG, KATYALLEN and CINDY and all the others who are feeling run down and getting sick!!

:waving  to DRAGNLADY! and all others I missed!

KATYALLEN I do hope you were able to finish getting decorations down.. I'm one of those people that does not take mind down until after New Year's Day and then life gets to happening.. I remember one year it was after February 1st before I got it down! :eek

Your movie watching sounded great! The Left Behind is really good..

Well I better get up and get at it! I am not going out today in all this mess, so I need to see what to cook for us today and then do a little house straightning and a mountain of laundry.. I have a jewelry order to work on and then I want to do some crocheting this evening and tonight while DH watches the football game.

Hope everyone had a great day and a great week!!

We have internet again! :yay

I took my car to the dealer this morning, the guy tried to sync the phone and when it didn't work he disconnected the battery, let it sit for a few minutes, reconnected the battery, started the car and synced my phone. The whole time I was thinking of the first question my son-in-law ask when I have tech problems, "did you turn it off and on, did you unplug it and replug it?" :lol

I also packed up all the Christmas decorations. I usually wait until Jan. 1 but I will be at my daughter's home and since I have a doctor's appointment and need to pack my suitcase tomorrow I decided to do it today.

Now I'm in my sewing room working on baby clothes.

Hope everyone has a great day.

DH went out and "snaked" the outside lines so we think the problem is solved for now... You know men, I keep saying we need a plumber to find out what is going on and let's get it fixed!! He says I'm doing all that can be done and they wont' do any more than I am.. But every 2 to 3 weeks we have problems...SOOO........

TRIBBLE  I did the Christmas Eve wrapping first year after DH and I married and I cannot do that any more!! I would be panicking!! Between my 15 yr. old daughter that lives with us and our 5 grandchildren we get for I don't think I could even make it!! :lol

Your Christmas dinner sounds scrumptious!! I usually don't exchange gifts, but my MIL talked me into collecting a Christmas china that I didnt' even want.. I wanted Lenox' Winter greetings and she talked me into the Holiday pattern.. She somehow got the clerk to agree with her that they were going to discontinue the one I wanted but she could add to my collection every year.. That was 6 years ago and it is still going strong... This year she gave me 2 dishes I that she had already given a couple of years earlier.. so I am going to see if they will let me exchange for what I want in the other collection. I can mix and match the 2 sets as I go...

LOL, men think they can fix it all! Mine's the same way.

Every year I say next year we are wrapping gifts as we get them, and every year, I'm sitting in the floor wrapping every gift on Christmas Eve! I never learn. I try to not collect anything breakable, because, I will break it as I am a klutz. If I don't break it my five year old and dogs will so we try to stick with unbreakable ;) The china sounds lovely though... Would love to see pictures. My grandmother had a collection of that translucent glass butter dishes and chickens - can't recall what it was called, but it sure was pretty sitting in the cabinet. I don't have any of it but miss seeing it when my grandparents were still alive.

We have internet again! :yay

I took my car to the dealer this morning, the guy tried to sync the phone and when it didn't work he disconnected the battery, let it sit for a few minutes, reconnected the battery, started the car and synced my phone. The whole time I was thinking of the first question my son-in-law ask when I have tech problems, "did you turn it off and on, did you unplug it and replug it?" :lol

I also packed up all the Christmas decorations. I usually wait until Jan. 1 but I will be at my daughter's home and since I have a doctor's appointment and need to pack my suitcase tomorrow I decided to do it today.

If all else fails turn the things off and plug them back in ;)

Good luck at your drs appointment. I go when they call and tell me they will no longer fill my prescriptions.

Sewing sounds like a lot of fun. One of these days I am going to get a sewing machine and sew a couple of things. The sewing machine I have was my grandmothers and doesn't work the best these days, so the times I have tried using it I have gotten frustrated and hand sewn things. Takes a LOT longer...

Have a wonderful evening all!

Little Tribble being excited is my favorite part also! It's so much fun.

It's a real pain visiting forums on a tablet or phone! Hope you get your internet back soon!!!

I love those mermaid tails! I have plans to make myself one sometime and I want to make one of the Shark tails for Little Tribble. I haven't made anything this large before so I don't know when I will tackle this. I am sure they were a hit! and a Butterfly rug sounds awesome!

That a lot of snow in a short time! We had rain, rain and more rain! And other than all the mud our dogs have dragged in, I don't mind at all. I think Little Tribble would have liked a bit of snow.

We were in the 60s very warm this time of year.

Glad your Christmas was good! I love hearing what everyone did and the fun they had!

Our Christmas was great. Starting on the Monday before Christmas, Little Tribble said he was going to go to bed and sleep till Christmas morning. I told him that wouldn't work! My father stayed Christmas Eve night (he usually does as he likes to be there in the morning). Little Tribble went to bed around 10, and I began wrapping gifts around 11. You would think that after so many years we wouldn't wait until Christmas Eve night to wrap, but we always do! While I wrapped Mr Tribble finished up a model car for my father's birthday. He always makes one for him. He is so hard to buy for, no clue what he would like as he doesn't collect anything much, but does like the models that my husband makes. I finished wrapping gifts around 3:30 in the morning, took a shower and then finished a crochet gift from my mother. We went to bed about 5:45 and Little Tribble woke up around 7:30. Let me tell you, NOT ENOUGH SLEEP!!! LOL. He was very excited and loved everything he got and loved the stuff Santa brought for him.

Hubby and I laid back down for a nap around noon, overslept, so dinner was at 9 in the evening, which since my mom had to work till 7:30, worked fine. LOL. We had ham, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, devilled eggs, potato salad and for desert Pistachio fluff (or Watergate Salad). I am not the best baker and if I am baking the best I am going to do is a cake from a box, or perhaps a pie that I make with frozen crust and canned pie filling. LOL. However, I must say that our pistachio fluff is our favorite dessert anyway, and so Easy to make so that is what we had.

It was a great dinner. Of course Little Tribble didn't like any of the food and finally agreed to eat a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich which he ate half of. He was not happy that the store was closed and we couldn't go get him a frozen pizza or mcdonalds cheeseburger. He doesn't eat a lot of variety and since this last ear infection I can't get him to eat hardly anything. He's went from 42 pounds back down to around 38 pounds. He ate a lot better today, so I was happy about that.

Did everyone get what they wanted for Christmas or do you not exchange gifts? I know a lot of people don't exchange. My hubby loved the stuff I crocheted for him and I picked up a couple other stocking stuffers for him. A Steelers keychain and a Yoda ornament and incense burner (actually ashtray but we don't smoke LOL!)

Hubby got me yarn and yarn needles and a new tablet case (mine was falling apart) a pendant with my initial and a pen/stylus. Little Tribble got me a Beanie Boo Raccoon and a rocket raccoon, a sugar skull hand sanitizer holder and lots of hand sanitizers to put in it and a new badge clip and an R2D2 full of bubbles LOL!

My cousin asked me about making her one of those mermaid tails. I told her how much it would be and I haven't heard anything else about it! Lol! I swear, more power to you ladies with kids to decorate and wrap for on Christmas. Whew! It wears me out just hearing about it. I love that pistachio stuff! One of our local grocery chains carries it homemade on their salad bar and in their cold deli case. It's so good! 

Hi all! Quick check in for me. Cindy, I hope your hubby feels better soon! And you are so lucky too! A yarn ball winder!!! I do it the almost old fashion way of using a toilet paper or paper towel tube and an electric hand mixer. Kinda fun too

I spent part of last night in the ER as well, only they kept me. Mainly because I had surgery once this month already and now there is more swelling, only it's my tonsil this time. They say they're just being cautious over all the problems I've been having. I think they're just trying to be mean to me! Meanie butts!

Other than that, everything seems to be going fine. Kids had a great Christmas, made a huge mess, and then we spent time with some of the family...and neighbors Everyone had a great time tho, and that's all that matters

Well, enough for now. I shall see you all later! s for all!!!

I hope you're feeling better!!  :hug

The baby and I aren't feeling well today. Blah. And it's dh's birthday today. I wanted to take his car out to be detailed, as a gift, but I haven't been able to peel myself off the couch.

I hope you and baby are feeling better and I hope your hubby's eye is healing. I'm sure he'll understand a late birthday present.  :hug

Hello everyone!!

Wow!! This weather is crazy everywhere!! We woke up to tornado warnings and the warnings were extended as far as an hour away from us in every direction... but all my children were safe and we only had a limb fall on our shed and do some very minor damage.. I don't know if it was the rain but our commodes all started backing up at the same time. Thank God they didn't overflow but just nearly.. DH went out and "snaked" the outside lines so we think the problem is solved for now... You know men, I keep saying we need a plumber to find out what is going on and let's get it fixed!! He says I'm doing all that can be done and they wont' do any more than I am.. But every 2 to 3 weeks we have problems...SOOO........

The weather is clearing now so maybe the rest of the day will be great since we got off to such a start.. I plan to get up from here and straighten house some, a mountain of laundry needs to be done and try to find something nutritious to cook for lunch/dinner and then it is MY time!! I have a jewelry order to be done and then I want to do some crocheting late this evening and tonight..

CSHORT  your PJ and crochet day ( I try to plan those too) sound just like mine usually wind up... LOL!! But so glad you finally got a little of that time.

CINDY so sorry for your DH's eye!! My DH hurt his eye like that the day before Thanksgiving and it was kind of scary.. I do hope he is so much better!! and I love your yarnwinder gift... One day I plan on getting one, as I do all mine by hand...

NIKKI your hat is 'da bomb!! It is certainly festive! and it sounds like you got a lot of great stuff.. I can say I have not ever gotten crochet gifts from friends or family.. That is really neat.. and I love your Moogly squares I have noticed before.. Please do show us your completed afghan (eye candy!)

KATYBUG you need to take care of yourself!! :hug  so sorry you spent the night in ER but that may have been wise.

:ghug  at KATYBUG, KATYALLEN and CINDY and all the others who are feeling run down and getting sick!!

:waving  to DRAGNLADY! and all others I missed!

KATYALLEN I do hope you were able to finish getting decorations down.. I'm one of those people that does not take mind down until after New Year's Day and then life gets to happening.. I remember one year it was after February 1st before I got it down! :eek

Your movie watching sounded great! The Left Behind is really good..

Well I better get up and get at it! I am not going out today in all this mess, so I need to see what to cook for us today and then do a little house straightning and a mountain of laundry.. I have a jewelry order to work on and then I want to do some crocheting this evening and tonight while DH watches the football game.

Hope everyone had a great day and a great week!!

Typically I don't get any sort of crochet-related gifts, unless it's a gift card to a craft store. DH says him trying to buy me hooks/yarn/patterns is like me trying to buy him golf equipment or video games. Christmas snuck up on both of us this year, so we gave each other very specific lists to go off of. It kind of killed the element of surprise, but at least we knew we were getting something we wanted! Lol

We have internet again!

I took my car to the dealer this morning, the guy tried to sync the phone and when it didn't work he disconnected the battery, let it sit for a few minutes, reconnected the battery, started the car and synced my phone. The whole time I was thinking of the first question my son-in-law ask when I have tech problems, "did you turn it off and on, did you unplug it and replug it?"

Yay! Trying to post on here on anything other than an actual computer is a huge pain in the rump! I only manage when I'm desperate but usually I just keep up my reading when I can't get on the computer. Have fun at your daughter's! 

Nothing really new here. We had a pj day and didn't leave the house. I'm tired for no good reason and the cold damp weather made me not want to leave, so I didn't. I had a few errands I maybe should have run but nothing that won't wait until tomorrow. I got 2 squares done for my Moogly CAL and one more started. Hopefully I'll finish that one tonight and then I can figure out how I'm going to assemble it. I needed a break from the Nana afghan because I get so bored with afghans that are just the same thing over and over again. Once I get this last square done, I'll alternate work on that with assembling my Moogly afghan. 

Okay off to hopefully finish this last square before bed. I'll be back tomorrow hopefully!  :)

I have no idea why it works, but unplugging and then plugging back in works! I did that this morning with our Apple TV. My girls thought I was crazy, but I was like "trust me!". And it worked.

Dh's eye is getting better. He's no longer in pain, but his vision is still blurry. As for me, I slept most of the day. I feel a little better right now, but I'll see how I feel in the morning. The baby was in slightly better spirits today.

The weather HAS been crazy! My mom had a tornado touch down near her (IL). Some families lost everything. So sad. And there was a weird flash of light there that everyone is taking about (not related to the tornado). One of our friends in the area says it's aliens. Lol!

Hi all! I would say good morning, but I'm still stuck in the hospital. I ended up having surgery (again) yesterday...not very happy. My nurse knew, every time I asked noone knew, and then I get "they're here to take you to surgery"! What, what? So, yeah.

Just thought I'd check in and let everyone know I'm ok, just mad :lol

Hope you are all having a great Tuesday! :hug s for all!!!

Katiebug, I hope you are doing better and will be home soon.

My doctor's appointment was uneventful except that based on the results of my bone density scan I need more calcium. I'm packed and ready to head to my daughter's tomorrow so maybe a little sewing and/or crocheting for the rest of the day. 

KatieBug!!! So sorry !!! You take care of yourself!!!

I wanted to say hi to all of you.  I owe some thank yous to a bunch of you. I promise I will get my act together and post them.

I really have no excuse except I'm busy like the rest of the world. I have worked most of the Christmas week and again this New Year's week. I get Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off...SO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!! 

I started to crochet a 2016 Christmas ornament for my sister.  She LOVES the Dr. Suess sneetches on the beaches. I found a pattern for a sneetch so I'm going to make two of them. One for her and one for her husband. One will have a "star upon thars" and the other won't. then I plan to put Velcro on their hands so that the two of them can hold hands on the tree. :ctree So far they are turning out very cute.  And as soon as I get them done I plan to wrap them up and put them on the shelf for 2016 Christmas. :devil I could not do the wrapping on Christmas Eve!!  Too much stress.

Ok, my break is over and I gotta get back to work.  Booooo......  TTYL

hi alll!

sun was out today,but still cold here, tonight in the teens, burrn, after that spring like weather we just had a week or two ago,is this a Nasty mother nature trick!!!

Its almost the beginning o a new year, so do any of us have any new years improvments (i do"t  call them resolutions anymore, improvements, is better,i can always improve on something, lol..

and do you realize,in a few shot days,we will have our two January Reciients of Squares or bitrhday gals to make some squares for, they are in January,Tribble, and Howieanne,so check in the first post and get out your hooks!!!

miss cindysweetsthings, i don't see your name on the birthday list, I checked my list too, and don't have your addy on file, could you resend me your addy , preferences andbirthday month please and I will add you to the list, thanks you muchly!! can't have our cindy missing off the list, for shame!!! tankyou again dear lady and how is hubby's eye these days??? So sory about the sugery too katiebug was it, sheesh woman!! Christmas in the hospital,is pretty bad!!

hershey, hope you are feeling more up to snuff today, the rapidly changing temps around here make all of us sick i think.]

farol, hav a safe trip!!

i eont have much else to talk about,so will end this for now, everone, have a peacfull and restful night tonight and ill see ya tomorrow!!

miss cindysweetsthings, i don't see your name on the birthday list, I checked my list too, and don't have your addy on file, could you resend me your addy , preferences andbirthday month please and I will add you to the list, thanks you muchly!! can't have our cindy missing off the list, for shame!!! tankyou again dear lady and how is hubby's eye these days???

Miss Katy, you are already on top of things. I'm already on first page, under April. I'll pm you my addy though. I haven't done that yet. Dh's eye is MUCH better. Still a teensy bit blurry, and it gets tired a little easy, but he's not in world's of pain anymore. Baby and I are feeling better too.

I don't think they ever out grow the mermaid tail. I will be making them for my daughters this. 18,23,24 . My 23 year old seen me making the one I sold and was hoping she would get one. Not I barely got the first one made and everything else I did. So I will try this year. Wish me luck. Also would like to make the shark and alligator ones for the boys. I have 4 grandboys. So my work is cut out for me.

How are you all doing? sorry haven't checked in for awhile. Hoping to get better at that.

Hi all! I would say good morning, but I'm still stuck in the hospital. I ended up having surgery (again) yesterday...not very happy. My nurse knew, every time I asked noone knew, and then I get "they're here to take you to surgery"! What, what? So, yeah.

Just thought I'd check in and let everyone know I'm ok, just mad

Hope you are all having a great Tuesday! s for all!!!

Surprising you with surgery is just mean! I hope it serves its purpose though and makes you all better! 

Katiebug, I hope you are doing better and will be home soon.

My doctor's appointment was uneventful except that based on the results of my bone density scan I need more calcium. I'm packed and ready to head to my daughter's tomorrow so maybe a little sewing and/or crocheting for the rest of the day. 

Uneventful is good and needing more calcium isn't so bad... DH and I put cheese on everything... probably not healthy but at least we're getting calcium. That's the way I choose to look at it anyway!  :D

Quick check in tonight before I head to bed. DH and I ran some errands this afternoon, nothing fun, and tonight I've been working on my yarny stuff. I had high hopes for finishing the last Moogly square tonight but I ran out of gray and I can't get into my craft room until tomorrow because I have yet to put a light in there and we've got one of those houses with no ceiling lights except for bathrooms and the kitchen.  :reyes  So I got a couple rows done on the Nana ghan and started my virus shawl. I'm using RH Unforgettable in Dragonfly and it's beee-you-tiful yarn! :manyheart  I'm loving the stripes. I think this will be a project I keep for myself!  :yes 

Okay, bedtime for me. I'm going to Sister's for a bit tomorrow and then I think DH and I are going out to dinner and to look at Christmas lights. We're behind on that this year (just like everything else Christmas related) and tried to go last week but it was raining so no one had their lights on. I'm hoping we aren't too late! I'll talk to ya'll tomorrow! :hug  

Archived