Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies!

Ugh, I've been so terrible about being on here. I'm so sorry. Life with 3 small girls and a husband who's working overtime is a busy life!

The girls are healthy and growing like weeds. I've lost 40 lbs this year and hope to lose another 40 next year. That will put me at my goal weight of 140 lbs. I have surgery coming up in a couple of weeks (Dec 22), so keep me in your prayers. It's not anything major, so I should be fine, but you just never know.

I NEED to pick up my hook and yarn, but I'm having trouble putting my mind to it. Motivate me, please!

My New Year's resolution is to spend more time on here and with my yarn. I miss you all!

drgnlady5, glad you made it home and congratulations on your son's marriage.

cindy, it's great to see you back!

The sun was actually shining in the Sunshine State today! My kiddos at work and I were soooooo happy to be able to go outside to play. The sun also meant I could do some much needed grocery shopping. Now I'm tired and ready to relax. Have a great evening.

Hope everyone's doing well! I'm 3 colors away from the baby afghan I'm working on, I think! Unless I decide to go bigger, but right now, I'm leaning towards 36" + the border. I love the color combination! 

Hi all! Quick check in because I'm on my tablet and headed to bed before long.

Cindy, good to see you check in!

My dad is still in town, not planning to leave until Saturday early so we've been having a lot of visits with Sister and Peanut. Peanut has been absolutely crazy lately! Climbing everything and whatever he can't climb, he's just into. The other day it was a scented candle I had. He had DH unscrew the top so he could bring it to me and I could smell it. I must have smelled that candle 100 times so he could laugh hysterically, try not to fall over from laughing so hard, and then try to eat the wick. In his defense, it was pumpkin waffle scented! Today it was watching DH bonk himself in the head with a ball. Peanut laughed so hard he couldn't stand and had to have me pick him up, his face turned red and he had veins popping out on his forehead. He's been the most entertaining part of my dad's whole visit!

Tomorrow Sister and Peanut will be back and DH and I have a Christmas party in the evening for his football team.

I hope everyone is having a good week! I'll be back regularly come Saturday but hopefully at least once before then!

cute little nutcrakers up there, and peanut stories are always entertaining!!

Good to see you cindy, wow, we missed you, glad you are back!!
I can't remember all the other posts to reply to them, suffice to say, long day, lil tired,lol, i think my puffy's are headed out to the po tomorro, if i can get there early enough, i will post when they are on thier way, and to whom!! lol

All for now, just put some oil on my cuticles, and need to rub it in, so ta ta for now!!

I forgot to add that my birthday is in April. I'm collecting yellow and purple squares (some white is okay) in sizes 3", 6", 9", and 12". RHSS preferred, Bernat Super Value acceptable.

ok cindy, ill get you back on the list, those sound like a neat color combo, i no longer have your addy, so if you will resend it to me, Ill putyou back on the list on the first post. thanks darlin!!

Well I have Made it home. Wasnt to bad. I learned alot.

OHHHH I have told you all.  My oldest son is getting married Saturday.

wow, congrats on that kristi!!!!

How cute about the granny square comment!! Inside Out is a cute movie!!

Glad everything went ok with the play!

Thank you so much, it was a lot of fun!

MAGGI... your little is ADORABLE!! You can really tell she has a gift for theatre because of the way she saw the squares! LOL!!

lol She's definitely dramatic!  ;)

JustAddGlitter, that is a cute story about the movie, I've seen it and liked it. Your little angel is so cute.

Thank you so much!!!

Congrats to you and your son, dragnlady5!

Congrats on the weight loss, Cindy, that is awesome!!

Congrats to you and your son, dragnlady5! Hope is happy for years to come.

Nice to see you Cindy.

I've been getting ready for the craft sale on Saturday. Need to get sign to the end of the street.

I'm reading as much as I can and will post again soon.

Hope all is well with everyone. Take care.

Bonsoir, everyone! I just finished catching up since my last visit. We've had so much loss here lately; my heart goes out to each and every one. I admit the children affected me the most... I've lost older family members and it's never easy, but since the moment we found out we were pregnant I have not been able to deal well with bad things happening to children. The poor families....

It's a hard time for so many of us right now. I hope everyone can find some peace.

A separate post since I just couldn't switch gears in that one. I got a puffy this week! Thank you, Brenda! Little Viking opened it for me (he always does) and he was more and more delighted with each thing he pulled out. We had to start drawing pictures with the stencils right away, of course, so I got a picture of that along with the whole package! The ornament is absolutely beautiful - I love the colors so much!

post-62070-0-89597400-1449803334_thumb.jpeg

post-62070-0-03590200-1449803354_thumb.jpeg

hi all, good news, i sent out the puffies today, so those of you i sent Dec birthday puffies too, should look for them in a few days, hopefully, the po was crowded, but i was determined to wait it out and get this errand completed!!! There were only a few ahead of me, but each one had several different things to take care of, so the wait was a bit long, and I can't complain, i got to the window, and pulled out my bag with 6 or 7 things to get weighed and posted too, sooooo could almost hear the combined sighs of a few behind me, oh well, i waited through till my turn, now you must wait as well, lol

such mild weather for december, almost 60 today, how can that be here in Nebraska, I think we may have broken a record too, for the warmest on this date, not sure..

Ihope for you all that things are improving, and you all are able to enjoy the season, even thought here it is milder than ever before, lol

ihave still a couple things to finish up Christmas, but the brunt of it is done, I guess, if one can ever really be done, lol..

well,all for now, take care, and enjoy your evening!

will finish my afghan today! I should have been working on it but I can't quite function with out coffee, so..... Drinking my coffee then going to work on it! Just gotta share this beautiful picture of the sunrise sky this morning!!

post-46820-0-90143500-1449843271_thumb.jpg

I've got a couple blog posts to write today, one is absolute priority because it pays me around $300, so that's awesome!  

We got the Princess her new bed last night (We've coslept from the time she was about a month old until now..) and she got a Frozen bed.. She loves it.. Fell asleep in bed with Rc and I, and I put her in her bed, she stayed there from about 11 to 5 this morning! 

I'm thinking Christmas shopping tonight.. I already have most of what I'll be getting lol. I had to replace my phone after Rosalie threw mine against the table and cracked the screen, causing the screen to stay black and never come on. But thankfully we have insurance, so that was taken care of (though not free). I also got my Camera for Black Friday. I think we decided on getting Michael a Kindle Fire since he enjoys reading so much. I'm at a loss for the other 2 lol.

Hi everyone!

Hope all is enjoying their Christmas season! Just like you YARNSCRAPPER I'm afraid I have gotten too busy to really enjoy.. I catch myself feeling  a little overwhelmed that I'm not going to be able to do all I need to do.. The problem is not that I'm overcommitting myself but it is things that I really NEED to do because of my family and such... but my health energy is not what it used to be.. sounds like a broken record sometimes, doesn't it! Oh well I shall suck it up and do what I can and what doesn't get done, just won't get done! :shrug But I really do love Christmas,, and I am fixing to just start enjoying...instead of stressing!

DRAGNLADY  Congratulations on your son getting married!!! Tomorrow right? Best wishes for all of you!!

Hello KATYALLEN , CSHORT, MAGGI, TRIBBLE and VikingRunnerGirl !! I hope you all are doing well! VikingRunnerGirl, I loved seeing the contents of your puffy!! I tell you that little fairy has been BUSY, BUSY, Busy!!!

Hello CindysSweetThings ! Congratulations on your weight loss! 40 lbs. is wonderful!! That is exactly what I need to lose..  :2eek Hope you get to keep your resolution for Crochet time!!

Hi JESSICA!! I bet the baby blanket is so pretty!! If this for an after Christmas gift? Can't wait for you to show it! I love your sunrise this morning!!

Hi NIKKI!! Sounds like a swell time that you're having with family!! :)  The little ones are so exciting at that age..

I hope your sale goes really well OWLVAMP but most of all that you have FUN and meet some people!! I would really love to do something like that one day! Please show us some pics of your set-up and keep us posted!! :)

Well I have used up ALOT of time being on the computer!! So I better get after it! Hope everyone enjoys your Friday and your weekend!!

Have a very Merry Christmas season and Happy Crocheting!!

Happy Friday!  :dance I'm planning to have dinner with my youngest daughter and her husband tonight. Tomorrow's plans include wrapping gifts and sewing or crocheting, depends on my mood. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

hi all, gorgeous sunset, i love the pinks and reds and pruple sunsets!  

Hello to carol, good, have a day to yourself to do what you want to do, the rest can wait, lol

Hello to all else, hearshey is busy, yarnmonkey, yarnscrapper, al of you, lol, today is cleaning day, so I have been busy keeping up with  that, but for all else, sounds l ike a much more exciting time, lol

Well, supper is about to go on the table im told, so will check out for now, see ya all later though!!!!

Hello all. I have to work all weekend and I am tired already! :) I've only been here for 4 of my 12 hours so far tonight! Going way too slow and I am sleepy way too early! I hope to get my project for Little Tribble finished this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, I will check in tomorrow.

Good Morning!

I have been awake since 4 a.m. I wish my body would learn to distinguish between weekdays and weekends :no . I had an enjoyable dinner out with my youngest daughter and her husband last night, nothing fancy, we went to Denny's because my daughter said that is what the baby wanted. Christmas gifts are wrapped and I'm having a snack before I start sewing. Have a great day everyone.

Archived