Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

good morning everyone

I got to the dollar store right when it opened, got what I needed and was back home at 8:20

time for my second coffee and some decadent creamer Bailey's vanilla and brown sugar,yummy,good thing I treat myself to these creamers only occasionally,If you are heading out today,may you find all your last minute goodies

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am totaly done shopping just need to wrap everything and have a few things to make.

i'm going as fast as my hands will let me.

So if i don't check in soon you know why.

I'll get pictures to show you all.

I still have a lot of baking to do and jut finished folding three loads of laundry. Did the dishes fed everyone and ready to go clean up the yard. Come back in and vacuum then brush the pups.

Need to go to the store to get eggs, milk and some bread other than that i am set

Hello everyone! Been a busy week trying to get Christmas gifts done! Why on earth must I insist on procrastinating?! Saturday the 26th, we are having our annual Christmas dinner/gift exchange with my Great Grannie and her kids/grands/great grands, etc.. (She has several Great Great Grands too) She's 94. Every year I've said, Oh I'm going to make an afghan and take it as my gift.. 

Women take gifts for women, men take for men. We draw numbers & number 1 gets to choose their gift, open it, then number 2 goes. If #2 likes #1's gift, they get to take it & #1 gets to choose another. If at the end of the gifts, #1 isn't happy with her gift, she gets to choose from all gifts opened.. 

I'm taking an afghan this year.. I really am.. but I have to get it made.. I can NOT find a pattern that I am just in love with. Ugh! 

hi all, seems most of my puffys i sent have been recieved, i hope, unless Im not counting right......

store dy today, then home, ate some dili chicken for din dine, and cleaned, and sorted and put out some chosen favored decorations, for the season, and hung all the cards i have recieved on the Christmas card holder by the door, put out the outside wreah, and hung an inside wreath  on the front door, and what else, make cookies, 3 dozen so far, and more i have yet to make before Christmas, each a different person's favorite, lol..... the oatmeal raison ones are done, sugar cookies, and chocolate chips,and peanut butters cookies, tomorrow, lol oh and then there is butterballs, darn it, looks like Ill be busy the rest of the week, lol

what is your favorite cooke, anyone, i would have to say a toss up, i like th em all, but my mom's butterballs are my fav, then choco chip, then oatmeal,raisin, then then then, i love butter brickle, and home made  cookidies of all kinds really!! do you all make a family favorite cookie???

i know peanut is a happy baby, i was suprised to see him cranky, that must have been the bad santa that leaves coal in stockings, lol or should I say, ho ho ho!!

owlvamp, where is a pc of your ghans and hats, we need to se them, lol

well what else can you make from cotton yarn, i mean i don't do clothes, or stuffies, so what else is there besides discloths, any one have any other ideas??

And sandra, if yu are looking to detash that thread, several people on the ville do wonderfull things with thread, lemme know if you want to gift it to one of them, and Ill give you the names i had in mind, im not sure on here, who works with thread either, but if you are looking to destash it, you could even use the detash thread, and I bet it would go fast to one or more people.....oreve a  trade for something you could use?

I hate storing yarn i won't, or would not ever use, like wool, i have six skiens of virgin wool right now, put away in a bag in my closet, can't use wool, i am allergic i guess, but still therei it sits, lol... one of these days, ill put it on the destash thread for reasonable sale price, or a give away... Maybe you could start there as well.....

and hellotoeveryone else I missed, sopo, and bgs, mighty quiet for a while now, hope all is well, and all the rest,hope all is well at your house,and we hear from y ou all soon....... :manyheart  :ghug

Hello all! Christmas is creeping up quickly! I am still finishing up two small crochet gifts. Hope I will have the time.

My favorite cookie, hmmmm.... I don't think I have one, I'd never thought about it before. If I'm going for something sweet, I prefer cheesecake or pie with ice cream. That being said, if cookies are all that there is I will eat just about any kind ;) LOL.

Little Tribble said this morning that he was going to go right back to bed and sleep till Christmas morning so it would get here quick! I told him that wouldn't work. LOL.  He's pretty excited.

Have a wonderful night all! Talk to you all tomorrow.

Good morning everyone!!

Just a quick flyby and life is more busier this Christmas than ever I remember... Not a present wrapped, house needs cleaning, 5 bracelets to make, and grocery shopping list to still get to cook for Christmas Eve... Whew!!

I read the posts and I hope katyallen you get to feeling better after your fall, and katiebug, I have had a dry socket before so I know how you feel!! Wish you both speedy recovery!

But if I don't get to check back until after Christmas, you know why...

But I wanted to wish everyone a

VERY MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!   :sheepxmas :rud

Not a lot going on here. I'm at a stopping point with my MIL's poncho/tunic while I wait for a reply from the pattern's designer (it's the Boho Tunic by Haak Trend) on how many chains to start with.

The tree is brimming with presents and the girls are abuzz with excitement. THAT'S my favorite part of the season!

I'm planning Christmas dinner and lost on what to do since it's also dd2's birthday and she wants taquitos. ??? Dessert is easy though.... Cake!

As for my favorite kind of cookie, it's Snickerdoodles. However, they are difficult to come by since going gluten free. Ugh! I haven't had one in years :(

I have not been around much because I'm without Internet. It went out on Monday and AT&T is having problems getting it fixed so I'm checking in on my phone to say hello.

hi all, yes, the days are numbered Christmas is deffinately on it's way soon!!!

cookies made, and will do the pies tomorrow and clean a bit, and then, Im done too. lol

i don't feel like doing much tonight, gonna shower, and crash soon, so see you all tomorrow, we may have a white Christmas after all, they say, keeping my fingers crossed, tain't Christmas without snow, you know, see you tomorrow all, stay safe!

Hello my crocheting friends!!! Remember me? Lol! I couldn't let the day go by without stopping in to say Merry Christmas!  I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.  Things have been pretty much the same around here, except that i've been trying to squeeze in some holiday presents with my usual crochet/knitting.  I thought that I was doing great until one of my DIL's mentioned that her girls would love something that she saw on FB and she would show me on Thanksgiving.  Hmmm, ok....yep, the mermaid tails!  I had thought about making them for the 4 girls earlier but decided against it, DUH!  So, quick as a wink, grammy went to work and made 2, yes, I said 2 mermaid tails.  We'll see how it goes over tonight.  I'm hoping that I don't have 2 very happy and 2 very disappointed little girls. One of the girls not getting a tail had asked me for a big butterfly.  She is getting a butterfly rug.  i think that fits the bill, lol.  The oldest I'm thinking is 9 and maybe growing out of that stage?  She's my crafter and will be getting a fleece blanket to make.  I thought we could make it together.

Well,  now that I've bared my soul to you guys, what do you think, lol?  By the way, I miss you all so much!  I really hope to be able to start coming on here more often in the new year.  I'm praying for more strength/energy.

Well, gotta run and finish up before time to party.  Merry Christmas!!!!  :ctree

annie, wow, good to see you, and thank you so much for your lovely card, i thought I had thanked you by pm, but looked through it and couldnd't find it, and so will thank you here, just in case, lol

I think the mermaid tails would be wonderful, i know they will love them!!
Glad to hear you are still hookin too, keep in shape that way, huh, lol when I don't make something each day, i think Ill forget how, if I don't, lol....

Merry Christmas to you all too, and a very prosperous, healthy and filled with love holiday season to all!!!

A quick flyby hi and Merry Christmas to all of you! I'm fixing to go to bed for a few hours before the kiddos wake up, and decided now is the perfect time to say that to you all! I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a delicious dinner!

:hug s for all!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

The girls are having a blast and dh and I are cleaning up. Yay. Right now, the older two are outside in their pajamas playing with their web shooters and the little one is running around the house with her Color Wonder markers trying to draw on stuff (but she can't! Mwahaha!)

Pineknott - AC here too. These kinds of temps are even uncommon where I grew up (SoCal desert)!

Merry Christmas!

I still don't have internet but my son-in-law set my phone up so I can use the hot spot on it to connect my laptop to the cyber world :lol .  My day was good for the most part the family was all here except for my youngest daughter who was working and mom took another trip to the emergency room and didn't get back until most of the family had left, but she got to see her great grandkids so that made her happy. She has cellulitis in her upper arm and they ran two IV bags with antibiotics before they let her come home, she has to go check in again in 2 days. Brunch was suppose to be at 10 but everyone was running late so we ate about 10:45 and I still have food. I started some split pea soup with the ham bone while I was cleaning up so that will be dinner tonight. I'm a little tired and plan to just relax and crochet this evening.

We had the AC on too but that's typical for us at this time of year, I can only think of a few Christmases in the past 37 years when we haven't had the AC on. Guess that's about it for now.

well good carol glad you are back via phone that is, lol glad you had a good day today, and sounds like you spent time with everyone and hop mom has no more trouible.. Kids just left, we had a nice day, sil and daughter hooked up a new big screen for us, and moved the other tv to the other room, and now we are as daughter says, we are all updated to the new and better technolgy in all our rooms iwith tv's in them, lol and they hooked up a new dvd player for u s as well, and moved the other one into the bedroom, on that tv, so we all all updated, lol  

we had a nic turkey dinner with all the trimmings, and dherry pie, and oatmeal raisin cookies for sweets, so we all filled up immensly full, lol and then watched a couple movies on the new tv, and dvd player, just to make sure everything worked, lol it did, and does, and we are happy with it all, and most of all for them doing all the hookups, and manual moving of stuff. lol

Im still very full, but thirsty............ 

handyman cleaned up after we ate, and did all the dishes, so i wouldn't have to, and that was great too....

allin all, pretty good Christmas, glad 2015 is over, looking forward to the new year now! allfor now,hope you all had a good one, see ya tomorrow!!

Hey everyone, Its been a good Christmas. My son and kids came over. We had dinner. Opened presents. Sat around and talked, drink our coffee. Me I had tea. I love my tea. We had a good evening. Hope  everybody Christmas went well. 

Yes, we had to open windows. Its 73 here. It is 8 PM, now and still have window opened. In Dec. Love Arlene  :manyheart

Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and say Merry Christmas! I took a great picture to share but I can't post pics from my phone and I don't have it on my tablet, so I'll post it tomorrow, along with a better post in general. For now I'm going to put my feet up and relax before bed. I hope everyone had a good day!

Good morning after Christmas, everyone!!! :lol

Well I survived!! Hope everyone else is good and had a wonderful Christmas!!

My heart goes out to all those that lost loved ones and homes with all the tornadoes over the weekend.. Got bad here a couple of times but the tornado that was close to here was in the air and didn't touch down. I was able to get everything done and all our kids and the grands spent all of 'Christmas Eve here... Lots of food (ham,dressing, peas, corn, mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole, pecan pie, the traditional Christmas in the south). and they all enjoyed their presents. Everyone seemed to really enjoy being with each other and that was the best Christmas gift to me...

Yesterday, after we had our little Christmas with DD here, over to DH's sister for lunch and then to his mother's last night... yep we survived..

Today, the house is something else, but today is MY day to wind back down... I'm sitting here with :morcoffee  my coffee still on computer and I am going to be LAZY and work on my crafts all day.... :loco 

Anyway, just wanted to say hey! and hope all is well....

Archived