Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good Morning

Katy,at least you temps are constant,here every fews day we are getting 30 degrees swings in the tempertures

today will be in the high 50's and tomorrow barely 36

for myself,I don't know how others feel,but without the temps staying fairly constant,when we get a super cold day,I feel super chilled

instead of easing into it,I guess the ones that feel it like I do is the Flordians,where they mostly have 70's and then they wind up with freeze warning,okay I'm in a rambling mood,guess I've said enough

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pineknott we are getting as much as 50 degree temp swings. We haven't had much cold weather until now. The grass was still green and I had dandelions in bloom which is very atypical for us. Thankfully it has been warm otherwise we would be buried under 7+ feet of snow.

What's everyone working on? Besides our squares I am still working on thread Christmas trees to use up the thread. I need to pin them out and stiffen them. For me that is the tedious part

Good morning all.  bgs, your trees are so cute!!! that is a good way to use up thread.  One year I made snowflake bookmarks and everyone who normally got a birthday card from me got a snowflake bookmark too. Even the summer birthday peeps.

With the big temp swings...if you are doing a temp ghan you should have an interesting mix of colors. I am one day behind on my temp ghan. I loving the way it is turning out. Who would have thunk?

What are we working on?  Heehee, I have squares done for January, but I haven't got to the post office yet. I'm also working on midnight bright amethyst squares. I have to finish the trimming of black. My UFOs are...a blue and white babyghan, an adult size Warm Up America ghan, and a sophies garden babyghan.

After the holidays I made two stuffed sneetches. These are for my sister who LOVES the sneetches. She even has a tattoo of them. LOL. They are a 2016 Christmas present. I will try to get a photo posted but I can't on "this" computer.

Gotta go.  Have a great day everyone.

Hello.

This Floridan does not like the cold at all. I woke up to 59 degrees with rain this morning and I have been cold all day. Right now I'm covered up with my beautiful friendship afghan and sipping a cup of cocoa while working on a lapghan. I remember spending hours outside playing in the snow when I was a kid in upstate New York. But, I've been in south Florida for about 38 years and don't even want to think about being in the snow. Ok, I'll stop whining about my "cold" weather here.

I had a new student start in my class today which made for a busier day than usual. I also found out that one of my assistants is being moved to another class while another assistant is on maternity leave, I will have a sub in my room. The reason for moving my assistant is because the teacher in the class is a brand new teacher as of this week, he was hired to replace a retiring teacher, and they want someone who is familiar with the school and the children to work with him.

I checked the tracking numbers on the puffys I mailed last week and they were delivered yesterday.

I guess that's about it for me. Hope everyone has a lovely evening and stays warm.

well hello all,

gonna warm up tomorrow, and the next day, so really, we're on sort of a roller coaster jet stream at the moment, lol enjoy the ride i guess, huh...

what is a te\mp ghan, did i ask you before, can't remember, lol

sounds like some ineteresting projects are keeping us all busy, i finished a pink varigate, with white baby ghan, will try to get a pic of it tomorrow, I used 2 skeins of white, and 2 of the varigated, it measures about 32 square, done in a simple shell, turned out so nice on all the sides, probably won't even edge it, looks great the way it is, it's for one of my charities, and i used ALL the skeins,m not even enough left over for a uo yo lol, so if I make a hat to go with, it'll have to be white, with solid pink to match the ghan I guess,

the plan anyway, lol :oops

Im going out tomorrow, Ill try to remember to take the couple puffies with me when I do, and maiil them off to our January girls, keep my fingers crossed Ill remember them, lol

anything else, i don't know, ha some chicken fingers, and fries for din din, tasted good  i be making cookies i think tomorrow, gotta

keep handyman in sweets, lol..... Ok, all for now, see you tomorrow, carol, good luck witt the the newbies, lol, and take care all!! :yes

Hey ya'll It is suppose to go  down to 16 degrees tonight. Brrrr! Cold. We had snow flurries today. But not much snow yet. Well got some crocheting to do. Take care everyone. Stay warm. Love Arlene :hug

Puffies mailed this morning!

The phrase they are now using on tv for our weather is weather whiplash.  It's not bad out today with the sun shining but really looking forward to that balmy 54 degrees tomorrow.

Yarnscrapper sounds like you are accomplishing a lot.  I need to just grab some yarn and start or finish some of the unfinished projects laying around but just can't seem to decide what to do.  Maybe its time to pull out the knifty knitter and make a scarf.  I did get a few more threadies pinned out. I really don't like that part.  I have a gallon bag of snowflakes that have sat for over a year that I haven't pinned out yet.  

Bah!!! I hate this cold weather!! It was 4°this morning! I got some beautiful squares from cshort! Thank you so much! They are perfect. I apologize for the quality of the pictures, I only have my tablet camera right now.

Thanks so much for making my birthday special!post-73457-0-17469800-1452716728_thumb.jpgpost-73457-0-96202800-1452716748_thumb.jpgpost-73457-0-58348900-1452716781_thumb.jpg

:goodorbad

This is how I have been feeling these days.

for some reason I can not log on here with my ipad like usual. Its been so aggravating. so I borrowed daughters surface.

I can use different fonts and icons. :2frog that's a plus.

hope everyone is doing wonderful and check in later.

Hi Arlene, good to see your post, hope all is going well for you and yours!!

Hey ya'll It is suppose to go  down to 16 degrees tonight. Brrrr! Cold. We had snow flurries today. But not much snow yet. Well got some crocheting to do. Take care everyone. Stay warm. Love Arlene :hug

Good Morning

one coffee down two to go,its brisk outside,winds mild right now

I rolled some yarn yesterday,hopefully soon I'll be back to crocheting and out of this slump

slump will pass, sometimes i just make myself make a granny square, it gets me back to thinking about other things to make, ha ha.good luck, hope it passes soon, i am just restless, when i can't crochet!!

Gosh, can't wait to see them posted!!!  ,

good morning all.  Two puffies went out in the mail yesterday for our January birthdays!! :birthday  :cake  :bday

and you too bgs, balmy,i remember that word, he he he. can't wait to see the pretties posted, mine going out tomorrow !!

Puffies mailed this morning!

The phrase they are now using on tv for our weather is weather whiplash.  It's not bad out today with the sun shining but really looking forward to that balmy 54 degrees tomorrow.

Yarnscrapper sounds like you are accomplishing a lot.  I need to just grab some yarn and start or finish some of the unfinished projects laying around but just can't seem to decide what to do.  Maybe its time to pull out the knifty knitter and make a scarf.  I did get a few more threadies pinned out. I really don't like that part.  I have a gallon bag of snowflakes that have sat for over a year that I haven't pinned out yet.  

lovely squares!!! pics seem good to me!!

Bah!!! I hate this cold weather!! It was 4°this morning! I got some beautiful squares from cshort! Thank you so much! They are perfect. I apologize for the quality of the pictures, I only have my tablet camera right now.

Thanks so much for making my birthday special!attachicon.gifIMG_20160113_142755.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20160113_142657.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20160113_142718.jpg

hey ya sandra, how you doing lady??

Beautiful squares​!

​Happy Birthday To everyone in January :birthday  :bday  :cake 

:goodorbad

This is how I have been feeling these days.

for some reason I can not log on here with my ipad like usual. Its been so aggravating. so I borrowed daughters surface.

I can use different fonts and icons. :2frog that's a plus.

hope everyone is doing wonderful and check in later.

that is odd, holpe it works for ya soon, and we see ya more often, how' s everything down your way, weather behaving??

oh, well here we are again huh, i suppose thats a good thing, lol.. Nothing new here, just ran a couple errands, puffys still in the car, as my errands did not take me near a post office today, but will probably tomorrow.......

have another mild day coming up tomorrow, so planning on getting the few things done, left over on my to do list tomorrow. we'll see, lol

well, i got nothing interesting left to say tonight, so will sign off for now, and see you all tomorrow, sweeet dreams!!!!

Hi all! Finally getting a chance to log in! Haven't been too busy, but kinda have...if that makes any sence? Idk :lol too tired to really think right now. Oh well, I'll sleep sometime.

But anywho, I hope everyone is doing well! :hug s for all and I shall hopefully see you all soon!

Hi all! Quick check in before I head to bed. DH and i started back to the gym since we got past the holidays and doing that at night gives me no desire to get the laptop out. I have been keeping up on my tablet but as others have said, it's just so much harder to post! Not that anything new has really been happening. 

Still haven't gotten any joining or even the layout done on my Moogly ghan. It'll happen eventually. Finished my virus shawl, minus the ends, and I'm a little over halfway done with the afghan for Justin's grandma. 

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment, Friday I'm going with Sister to take Peanut for some shots (moral support you know), and then Saturday we're headed down to visit my dad for a bit. We're trying to go to Florida and see DH's family too, but haven't seen any good hotel deals yet. We'll keep checking and make a decision when we have to. 

I'll try to get back here sooner next time!  :)

Hey all anymore I am usually on my phone when I get on here so I have a devil of a time trying to post so I relate to those of you using your tablets.  

The north end of that south wind was a bit chilly today so that 58 degrees didn't feel as good as it could have.  Still it wasn't bad as I could go out in short sleeves.  Surely they are joking with the 2 degrees on Sun morning right.  It has to be a joke.

Still working on those Christmas trees---pinned some more out and tied on the fishing line to hang them by and supergluing the knots so they don't  work loose.  Stuffing envelopes with USCG boating safety pamphlets for dh's  flotilla cut into my crochet time today.  I like how his flotilla's project somehow became my project.  Oh well.  

Hope everyone is having a great day! My day was fine. Got up and took little Tribble to school then took a nap cause had to work tonight. Mr Tribble made supper (LOL, this means he ordered a pizza!)

Now I'm sitting here at work and will be here for 12 hours! I hope its a smooth night.

Have a great night all!

Hi all. Im doing ok I guess. I go see the dr tomorrow so Ill let you all know how that goes. Baby is doing good, Its me thats having issues. Blood Pressure and all. But they put me on medicine for that so we will see how that goes. 

Hello everyone.

Tribble, I'm glad the squares arrived safely and that you like them.

I didn't get here yesterday because it turned in to a crazy bad day. When I got home my cat Mozart wasn't breathing right so I took him to the vet. The vet took x-rays and sent us to the animal hospital because there was fluid in Mozart's chest/lungs. The vet at the hospital looked at the x-rays and checked the cat, then he told it was going to be over a $1,000 and they may not be able to completely correct the problem as it was probably tumors, cancer, heart problem or proteins leaking from the liver. Mozart was 15 years old. So after a long discussion with the vet and talking with my dad I decided to have Mozart put to sleep. Needless to say I have done a lot of crying and it was a bit of a rough day. I went to work today and then drove to my daughter's for a long weekend. Tomorrow we are driving to Orlando to have lunch with friends we haven't seen in a couple of years. That's about it for me.

Hello everyone.

I didn't get here yesterday because it turned in to a crazy bad day. When I got home my cat Mozart wasn't breathing right so I took him to the vet. The vet took x-rays and sent us to the animal hospital because there was fluid in Mozart's chest/lungs. The vet at the hospital looked at the x-rays and checked the cat, then he told it was going to be over a $1,000 and they may not be able to completely correct the problem as it was probably tumors, cancer, heart problem or proteins leaking from the liver. Mozart was 15 years old. So after a long discussion with the vet and talking with my dad I decided to have Mozart put to sleep. Needless to say I have done a lot of crying and it was a bit of a rough day. I went to work today and then drove to my daughter's for a long weekend. Tomorrow we are driving to Orlando to have lunch with friends we haven't seen in a couple of years. That's about it for me.

Sending hugs. So sorry about Mozart.

Hi all. Im doing ok I guess. I go see the dr tomorrow so Ill let you all know how that goes. Baby is doing good, Its me thats having issues. Blood Pressure and all. But they put me on medicine for that so we will see how that goes. 

Glad the baby is doing well. Hope they get your blood pressure where it needs to be!

Hello everyone.

So sorry to hear about Mozart! It's so hard to say goodbye to the furries! My thoughts are with you.

Good morning to everyone.

Yarn_monkey: You have lots of projects on the burner. I bet the virus shawl came out lovely.

Bgs- Crazy weather for sure. The Christmas trees will turn out beautiful but stiffening can be annoying. I always get roped in to things so I feel your pain.

Tribble79- I bet little Tribble was especially happy with pizza.

Immafreek- Fingers are crossed for you.

Cshort- I am so sorry about your cat.

Archived