Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I'm up early but I did sleep an extra hour. Everyone else is still asleep so I am enjoying a quiet cup of coffee and some computer time. 

Holly, you are welcome, I'm glad the squares made a safe trip to their new home.

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm feeling a little better about my decision this morning, I was feeling kind of guilty about it yesterday but I know it was the best thing to do.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh golsh carol, so sorry to hear of moazart passing, know that he is in a better place,and he is never gone, if he remains in your heart...my condonlences, I am an animal peson, and know how hard that dedcision was for you.... :ghug ...

such loviely squares, oh, my puffys for rthe Jan girls went out yesterday morning, so holly, and daphne, heads up in a couple days, lol..

im working on making a few squares into 12 inchers for a ghan so that is keeping me busy for a bit, other than that, nothing much else going on here either, looks like your weather is our weather brenda, gonna get very chilly in the nex few days here too... What is a flotilla please, sounds like a boat thing???just guessing.......

I can actually count the number of times Ive been on a boat, lol, so forgive my un knowledge on that subject.....

nothing else, just hoping everyone is doing just fine,and we are all moving in the right direction, lol tkae care till morrow all!! :clap

im working on making a few squares into 12 inchers for a ghan so that is keeping me busy for a bit, other than that, nothing much else going on here either, looks like your weather is our weather brenda, gonna get very chilly in the nex few days here too... What is a flotilla please, sounds like a boat thing???just guessing.......

I can actually count the number of times Ive been on a boat, lol, so forgive my un knowledge on that subject.....

Dh is a member of a flotilla in the Coast Guard Auxiliary.  They do a lot more boating things on the coasts but being in the Midwest they primarily promote boating safety on the lakes and rivers along with a few other activities.  His flotilla decided that it was a worthy project  to provide packets with boating safety pamplets to Bass Pro to hand out when they sell a boat.  Dh offered to drop them off as we often drive by there. The first batch they stuffed at one of their meetings.  The second batch dh and I stuffed at home.  This last batch I stuffed by myselt.----so much for a "Flotilla" project.  

Had to go back to the winter coat today.  We had an appointment at a senior housing place today.  It's really close to 2 sisters and my dad's house and would be a much shorter drive for dh to work. I am just not ready to make that move yet.    I told the lady dh would like to have moved yesterday but I am having issues with giving up my stuff and was having to decide if I would rather have my stuff or dh and at  this point I was leaning towards my stuff.  

Hi all! Seems like I missed a few things yesterday!

Howieann: pretty squares!

Cshort: sorry to hear about your cat, it can be hard, I know

Immafreek: hope you get better news soon

On another note, I got some beautiful squares and a card today from bgs! Thank you so much!!! And of course, not my tablet won't let my post the pix :( I will keep trying the...after my friends picks her son up. I'm babysitting my "nephew" for a couple hours right now so she can have some quiet time :lol

I hope everyone is well, doing better, or on the mend! :hug s all!

post-41261-0-67732500-1452912725_thumb.jpegpost-41261-0-15526300-1452912741_thumb.jpegpost-41261-0-15759300-1452912757_thumb.jpegpost-41261-0-57603800-1452912779_thumb.jpegpost-41261-0-96555800-1452912790_thumb.jpeg

I decided to try again since the baby's asleep, and of course, it let me...just a different way. Again. Thanks again bgs! I love them!!!

Good Morning!

Katiebug, those are beautiful squares.

I slept in until 6:30 this morning. I'm enjoying my coffee and watching my grandson play, he woke up about 45 minutes after me. 

We had a wonderful time visiting with friends and enjoying the atmosphere and food of the Disney resorts, no parks for us right now. Hopefully we will be able to get seasonal passes again later this year, we really are Disney junkies  :lol . I'm feeling better emotionally and mentally today, all the laughing yesterday probably helped in those areas.

Ok, the little guy wants some chocolate milk so I better get going. Have a great day everyone.

So sorry about Mozart. I  know how bad it hurts to lose a furbaby. Prayers for comfort.

I have been so stressed it's not funny. With fighting for dad's surgery, taking him back and forth to all the appointments in OKC (I HATE driving in the city but my mom isn't very good at it and scares her so I get to) and then I found out my websites have been dropped from Google grrr. I've designed sites for over 15 yrs and never had a problem but they go pull changes and boom, mine's gone. So, after 3 days of a near nervous breakdown, I have it figured out I think.. I have to rebuild the sites on a different platform and mind you, I have near 100 of them. So, got to work on the first seven between trips to dad's. On a good note, he was finally approved and surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. He's been bedridden so long, he's losing muscle mass in his legs. This surgeon has been very thorough and I'm glad for that. It will be a minimum of 4 hrs but last one was 6 so we'll see. I'll take a big bag of yarn for sure. I've been working on NICU hats, booties for Gifts for the Unborn, scarves for the homeless Chase the Chill OK program at his dr appointments and just started my first c2c graphghan. I wish I could forget the websites and just crochet all day. lol

Anyway, I wanted to let you know why I'm not on here much for now but hopefully I'll get all this caught up and things back to normal soon. Hugs to everyone and stay warm. 

Hi sopo, sheesh, you are a busy girl!! my best wishes for dad coming through like a champ, and best wishes too, for you and family, you're doing very well with all you have on your plate!! glad to see you back!]

Nothing much here going on, another chilly day, made some cookies, ate some cookies, lol, and so on and so forth. Hope all is well you all, and you get time to crochet a bit...

I have not heard in a long time, from either of our two Feb birthday girls, so am thinking should better email them if you are going to send them any squares come feb i guess, see if they are still lookin for squares, or what. i dunno...

well, gotta run, i  left a baking sheet soaking and the cookies out, so will go and put them away soon, and talk to you all tomorrow!! Take care,a nd stay warm!! :ghug

Not being able to get on ​my own device has become quite a pain to check in.

​So borrowing daughters computer to check in.

​I am feeling better and now my daughter has it. She is very miserable and had to go to the doctors.

​I hope everyone is doing okay and staying warm. We have a cold front coming in not looking forward to that.

​I have a couple things I need to complete then back on to get my squares done for the midnight blankets.

​I am accomplishing things so that's a plus.

Good Morning.

Sopo, I hope all works out and your dad's surgery goes well  :hug

owlvamp, I'm glad you're feeling bette, hope your daughter feels better soon.

I was awake early as usual and laid in bed listening to the crazy wind and rain for a while before my bladder decided I had to get up. So I am enjoying my coffee and some computer time and my grandson is playing on his ipad, guess it's a techie morning. My daughter, granddaughter and I had some girl time yesterday. We went shopping for fabric and yarn for clothes for my grandkids Disney bears. We did some shopping for my other daughter's baby shower, I think we have almost everything we need. Then we stopped for a special treat of frozen yogurt, yummy. Today is church and then we are baking cupcakes because my grandson wants strawberry cupcakes. I don't think we have any plans beyond that. I hope everyone has a great day.

Hi all. They dropped my BP med to once a day instead of twice, as it was working too well. My work is trying to figure out a new schedule so that I can work fewer hours per shift but make it up a few extra days per week. I'm just happy that they aren't shutting me down just yet. . I can't believe I only have 6-9 weeks left. Where has the time gone?

hi there, everyone out there in the cold doing ok? chilly one here, it hink it only reached 1 above today. sheesh,good think i got my errands done those two warmer days, cause I don't wana go out in the cold!!

working on my 12 indh squares got 12 done not sure ill edge them or not yet, or if i do, what color. lol so will contemplate that for a day or two....

well nor much else here to say, just wind down a bit i guess, and make some popcorn maye!! later all,hae a good one.

katy I think we got up to 8 degrees today. We also got a little a little snow----it wasn't much but a little more than a dusting

Immafreek glad they are working with you on your schedule and that your bp is ok

Just a quick drop in to say hi! Gonna play in my yarn as soon as I have both kids to sleep, or the little one rips out my stitches if I'm not careful...like setting it down for 30 seconds to stretch my fingers. :lol

Hope all are well/better! :hug s!

Dusting of snow here and roads may be a little icy but I am stuck going out this morning and am unable to wait to later so I guess I will have to be cautious.

Have a good day everyone.:)

Good Morning.

It's a chilly 49 degrees with a feels like of 44 degrees this morning, in Florida that is cold  :wbrr

We have some errands to run this morning, more baby shower stuff and I need snaps and buttons to finish the outfit for my grandson's bear. Then I will be heading home this afternoon  :sigh and it's back to work tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day.

So far today the temp has tripled-----we are up to 12 degrees from 4 and it might make it up to 22 which will be twice as warm as our high yesterday. The sun is shining and the cat is enjoying the sun spots on the living room rug.

I'm home safe and sound but not ready to go back to work tomorrow. I finished the Mickey costume for my grandson's bear before I left their house today. I posted a picture here: http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/156247-mouse-wanna-be/. I was going to make a shirt and tuxedo type jacket for it but my grandson said he didn't want the fancy outfit. Have a great night.

post-40621-0-63902900-1453164166_thumb.jpg

partially completed 12 inch squares ghan lay out, im still working on it though, this is just  preview, lol can you pick a favorite square???

I rounded up some 8 inch squares and turned them ( a couiple rows anyways, ) into 12'vers for this charity ghan.. You might even spot some  you sent at one time or another!! sorry for the bad pic, my current comforter is burgandy, and shiny, and the sun has gone down..........but you get the jist lol.......(gist?) ill check for more to convert tomorrow, just finished edging and ends, so Im done for the night, lol I dont think i have anymore though, so we'll see....... have a great evening......... :manyheart

So many pretty squares!

I thought I was going grocery shopping after work today but my dad called as I was leaving work and asked me to meet him and my mom where mom was having a sonogram so my dad could go pick up my brother so grocery shopping will wait until tomorrow. Actually, I didn't really want to go shopping because I am very tired today. I didn't sleep well last night and I had a change in assistants at work again today which always makes the day a little crazier than usual. So I am doing a load of laundry and relaxing with my yarn and hook. 

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Archived