Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi every one, glad to see some of those of you that were away, good to know all is either improving or ok with you and yours...things here,bout the same, finished my12 inch squares ghan, turned out lovely, have to make my bed though before I take a pic, so tune in tomorrow, as im not doing it today, lol...

There is room for expansion, should I decide to do that, right now it is four by five  big, (48 by 60")  or there about, doubt if i put on another row  eithe way though as its getting hard to handle now heay and uncomfortable to work with i guess..

Do we only have the one b day girl this coming month, and if you mailed to them already, did they respond to you for addy, ??

I don't think I have yet heard from the january bday girls on weather they received my puffys, or not yet, mailed a long time ago, if you were one of them, and   i missed the post that you received, please message me, just wnnting to know if they got there or not thanks.

so to sum it up,welcome back to all that were absent for a while,good to have you back, the thread was so lonely without you all!!

Snowbear,is probably hibernating still, lol, and i dn't know what happened to some of the others, they got lost, wandered away, went off the road and ended up mia for a bit I guess, too bad......

so for now, wanna type more, but got a few things to take care of yet,,, good to see you all hough,and glad everyone survived the storm!!! we're supposed to get some more snow on monday,,,,,,bleah!!!!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Friday!  :dance 

Today was a good day, I had the same sub aide today as yesterday and she will be back next week so hopefully things will go smoother. I'm hoping to spend my weekend sewing.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Hi everyone. Just checking in. I'm doing ok and baby is great as well. I start going in for ultrasounds and non stress tests for baby twice a week until I have her. So Monday's and Thursday's will be busy days for me. :) but so happy that she's doing good and all. Although she attempted to flip head down today and it hurt enough that I threw up. Yuck. (I wonder if she kicked my stomach or something).

Quick check in tonight. Still on the tablet but we're headed home tomorrow so I'll have my latop back.

Stephanie, glad to hear your dad is doing well and hopefully really on the mend this time round!

Lacey, happy to hear all is well with the baby!

Owlvamp, I hope you start to feel better soon!

DH and I are up and out early tomorrow so we can get home at a decent time. We're gonna stop and visit the Peanut and Sister and give them their souvenirs on the way. Sunday I'm running out to take advantage of the sale at AC Moore and get some RHSS for Peanut's birthday present. I can't believe my little stinker will be 2 in less than 2 months! Gotta get moving on that c2c graph ghan for him. Minions, of course!

Okay off for the night. I'll try to check back in tomorrow night! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Tribble79 About two weeks before Christmas I got an email from my niece requesting cage accessories made from fleece for her sugar gliders for Christmas and or her Jan bd. I had never heard of them before so I have spent a lot of time researching them. I was glad to actually see them as they were smaller than I thought they would be. So far I have made her 2 cage pouches and two corner hammocks. I think next will be a vine and some bridges. I want to get our Christmas stuff packed and back in the attic by Sat. We have to time it with the weather as we have to go outside to access the attic.

I am sure that they will enjoy all that you have made for them! Fleece makes the best cage bedding!

Hi everyone. Dad had his surgery the 19th and it went ok other than a scare in the recover (nurse's fault). He was on the trauma unit floor for 4 days. I drove back and forth every day to check on them and make mom eat. He is home now and gets staples out tomorrow so another trip to the city. I 'think' it helped. The dr came in and told him what a mess his back is (like we didn't know). Not much bone left in spots. He is still very weak and in pain but I think it's surgery pain, not the debilitating pain he was in before. Time will tell. I am still exhausted but trying to catch up work now. Thanks for all your prayers. 

hope he heals quickly!

I haven't been here for apx 2 weeks. I tried to keep caught up via cell phone but that's so annoying.

My Dad got sick and spent 4 days in the hospital and a couple of days recouping from being in the hospital!!

He is doing great now. 

And I'm back in the saddle again!!!

Glad you are able to be back and glad you dad is doing well now.

Hi,

Today hasn't been my best day.

So checking in and saying hi.

I am up with a migraine this morning. UUUUUggggggggg!!!! So need to my fur babies potting and then little man will be coming. Hope to take a nap today.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Sorry to hear that owlvamp! Hope you are doing better now!

Hi everyone. Just checking in. I'm doing ok and baby is great as well. I start going in for ultrasounds and non stress tests for baby twice a week until I have her. So Monday's and Thursday's will be busy days for me. :) but so happy that she's doing good and all. Although she attempted to flip head down today and it hurt enough that I threw up. Yuck. (I wonder if she kicked my stomach or something).

Glad you are doing okay as is baby! Those non stress tests are such a pain. I hated going to the dr 2 times a week. Sounds painful, she might have kicked your stomach.

I've been trying to get a few last orders finished before the end of the month so I can try and get some orders coming in for Febuary. I would like to have some time to crochet for myself, but I guess we will see. I ran out of yarn for my one project so have to go to the store tomorrow to pick up another skein.

We have a friend coming to morrow so I think we will be ordering a pizza. Might crochet some in the evening. I know I will have a little bit to clean this morning but it shouldn't be too bad as it looked good yesterday. We finally got our Christmas decorations to the basement last night. Woohoo! One thing on our list accomplished.

Katy, I did get my squares and shared a picture, I will see if I can find the picture to share again.

I hope everyone has an awesome day!

Good Morning!

I was awake at my usual 4:30 this morning, tried to go back to sleep but it didn't work so I crawled out of bed at about 5. No exciting plans for the weekend. I'm in my sewing room now working on clothes for my grandkids teddy bears.

Have a great day everyone.

Hello everyone!

It has been a busy week and not much crochet time to fit in, sadly.

At least the sun is shining today and it is a warm day unlike last Saturday- haha

Sopo and yarnscrapper glad your dads are on the mend.

ImmaFreek ouch but so glad she is doing good.

cshort can't believe that your help took a nap too. Glad you got another one.

Tribble79 such pretty squares and cute heart. Teresa makes some some

really cute things.

Christmas is packed and back in the attic. Those boxes are getting more cumbersome each year. We access the attic outside at the back of the house and its uphill.

I can't seem to figure out what to work on next. Even squares have been a struggle. I can't seem to get the colors right on the first try so I am accomplishing very little

post-6067-0-53723400-1454187413_thumb.jpg

Here are some "sneetches on the beaches" by Dr. Suess.

It's a Christmas gift for my sister. She loves the sneetches so much that she even tattooed them on her!!! :rofl 

I finished these a couple of weeks ago but wasn't able to post etc...

Have a great weekend everyone.

oh thanks tribble, i must have missed that post, when i wasn't on much cause i was sick, thank you so much, now I can rest easier knowing they have a wonderful home@@ hi to everyone else, good to see you all on here, and it's sort of like my crochet group used to be, way b ack then, i taught crochet to a group, and miss doing that a little, we would always meet and crochet first, then have lunch and then the biz again as to what we wanted to accomplish that week or month, and where our donations of goodies might be appreciated, it was fun, and we all became such friends as well...

We disbanded somewhat, when one moved, and one broke a bone, and  so on and so forth, but we still crochet, just at our own homes now, and eat lunch sometimes together..after  Some times we all worked on one larger item, sometimes, we worked for stuff for us,!! Sometimes we worked singly on our own charity projects.

so for now, nothing much on the old agenda, still saying snow for Monday into tues, but i think it will be too warm to stick around long, these late winter storms wane out and weaken quickly this time of year, so not a real threat..

still have to go out tomorrow, max the cat is getting low on his treats, and we don't want to deprive Dear Maxie of that!!

those,his treats,  and being brushed, and playing fetch wihh is mouty, mousey) are his most favorie things in the worl!d!!!!

well, . all for now, hope all is well with ll of you, and are any of you in the direct line of the coming storm, stay safe all!!!

attachicon.gif20160125_150259.jpg awesomeness from Teresa

Katy here is the picture is shared previously: they are awesome. Thank you!

attachicon.gifreceived_1232402813440919.jpeg

Katy, yes can't run out of treats for critters! They pout! I would love to have a crochet group to crochet with. That would be great!

Howieann, beautiful squares!!!!!

Immafreak, I love baby bellies. I didn't get one I carried in the hip area and weighed less when I had him. I was incredibly ill the whole pregnancy. He still weighed 8 pounds so he was fine. I bet you're getting excited!

Yarnscraper- I love the Sneetches. My kids all grew up on Dr. Seuss. My fav is Yertle the turtle.

Immafreek- Great belly picture. The baby will be here soon.:)

Katy- Our cat scorns most treats and store toys. He would rather play with a sock filled with catnip and loves mini marshmallows.

attachicon.gif100_1237.JPG

Here are some "sneetches on the beaches" by Dr. Suess.

It's a Christmas gift for my sister. She loves the sneetches so much that she even tattooed them on her!!! :rofl

I finished these a couple of weeks ago but wasn't able to post etc...

Have a great weekend everyone.

I love the Sneetches,  I'm a big kid so Dr. Seuss is one of my favorite authors.

I'm so sorry! I completely forgot that I hadn't posted pictures yet. I got goodies from Teresa attachicon.gifIMAG12101.jpg and Katie attachicon.gifIMAG12111.jpg, too!

Those are very pretty squares.

Finally got around to taking a new belly picture :) I can't imagine getting much bigger than I am now, but I'm sure the next 5-7 weeks will prove me wrong lol.

That is a great picture.

Katie, my cat wakes me up in the morning if I try to sleep in because he is sooooo spoiled to having treats in the morning. i'm afraid to think what would happen if I ran out of treats.

I was up early and went to church. Not much going on now so I will do some stitching. Have a great day.

Yesterday evening we went to the party with the ladies I used to work with. I didnt get to go last year because of the weather. There were 11 of us that made it along with 3 significant others and one daughter. One of the ladies I have known since 1974. Some of us worked together for 20 years and yet its been almost that long since the hospital we worked at closed. They were tickled with the ruffled scarves and multi colored tree ornaments I had for them.

The past few days have been pretty nice for Jan but that's about to change.

hi all

ohh, thank you holly, i was going to send you another puffy, to replalce this one, that i thoughht you hadn't gotten yet!! GLAD to have you back !!!

OH, you look so cute whth that baby tummy!! not too much longer!!

Bgs i remember you didn't get to go, last time, this is cutting iit ikinda close, we are in a blizzard warning right now, lol through probably weds am.. I don't expect it to get too bad, it's too warm out yet, but our luck we will get rain first, then snow on top of that is not a fun combo!!!

carol, hello, snowbear, katie, and pineknott, and tribble and owlvamp all that i might have missed in the thread, i am on and off these days, still feeling a bit oh, not myself, but improving....

Went to the grocery today along with the rest of the city i guess, snow warnings must be great for biz for the grocery stores, at least, lol

oh boy, im tired out already, but i did get up at 6 this am, better to get up than frustrate myself when i can't go back to sleep, lol, so everyone in harms way of mother nature, keep warm, stay in, and stay safe

I have been working on my granny squares for the Midnight Brite afghans. Numbers are finally coming down and received some squares in too. That was wonderful.

I got caught up on my temperature blankets and now need to finish up taxes.

Yep Tax year again.

Happy Ground Hog Day! We always watch the Bill Murray movie Ground Hog Day in honor of the day. Katy just checked your weather and it sounds like you are in the midst of one heck of a snowstorm. Hope you are enjoying a diet coke and crocheting. We had a lot of thunder and lightening last night along with heavy rains.

Hello everyone.

Sorry I didn't get here yesterday, it was a busy day of work, post office to mail a puffy for February, Walmart for groceries and I had a sewing guild meeting last night. Today I worked half the day so I could come home and start prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning, just routine because my doctor seems to think that I'm getting old. :lol  I'm doing some sewing although I've been warned that I'm probably going to feel very tired in a little while so I'll see how much I get done before the sofa calls my name. Guess that's about it for me, I'll check in tomorrow after my adventure to the doctor. Have a good everyone.

Archived