Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

cshort Goodness you have been busy! I really enjoy seeing your work. I love the little dress made from the bridesmaid dress---- what a great idea. I knew you would put the ladybug fabric to good use. Everything you made is cute as can be.

owlvamp hope your dog is better today

It's been brutally cold out today. 6 degrees this morning but possibly 50 tomorrow afternoon.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You make beautiful things!! I love the green afghan with the pink flowers!  :manyheart  You really make me want to learn to use my mom's sewing machine... because DH really needs me to have another hobby!  :D

Well I got up this morning, went to Hallmark to buy Valentine's Day cards for DH and the pharmacy to pick up a prescription. I had high hopes for finding something to give DH tomorrow but really came up with nothing. He's so hard to shop for! So I bought tickets to see a movie on Monday and I'll make his favorite dinner and I'm sure he'll be happy with it. Now I just have to hope we don't get such bad weather on Monday that we can't go see the movie! 

Our glassblowing class tonight was an absolute blast! We didn't actually blow anything lol but we were completely in control of making our little heart paperweights- spinning the rod/glass in the hot kiln thing, putting the colors on, all of that. We can't pick them up until tomorrow at the earliest because they have to sit in an oven overnight but I'll post pictures when we get them. 

I got a couple more rows done on the Minions and that is a hot tangled mess, but it's coming along nicely, thank goodness! I have to take breaks though because it gets a little overwhelming, so I've got a couple more rows done on Sophie too. I don't know if that CAL thread is still active, but I'll post some pictures over there tomorrow when I've got daylight. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I'll try to be back tomorrow but it's a gym night so we'll see!  :)

The ground was white this morning and the front porch and highway were slick for a bit but its all gone now.

yarn_monkey That's so cool you got a hands on. My favorite thing to do when I get a chance to go to Silver Dollar City (amusement park in southern MO) is to watch the glass blowers. Its amazing to watch them pick up a blob of molten glass blow through the pipe then roll, swing, and twirl it into shapes and to see the glow of the glass because its so hot. I don't get to go very often but when I do that's where I spend the most time. I also like watching them make the lampwork beads at the bead show and rock and gem show where they manipulate rods or canes of glass using torches for a heat source

It just mesmerizes me.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Hello everyone.

Thank you for all the compliments.

Brenda, I hope you are staying warm and safe.

Nikki, the glass blowing sounds like fun, I like to watch glass blowing whenever get the chance.

We spent most of the day at church. Then back to my daughter's house to finish ironing the table cloths for the baby shower next week. Tomorrow I will be heading home  :( . Have a great night.

Good Morning,

more snow here,then freezing rain,changing to all rain,and some years we don't see snow for a couple of years in a row

I think its the climate change,we are getting a lot more winter temps in the 20's for like three yrs running

Yesterday was much warmer out but I dressed for the cold we had on Sat and got too hot in one of the stores and started to not feel too well. I was okay when I went back outside and switched to a lighter jacket. We are going to be on the warm side for us this week---50's and possibly a 70.

I dug my knifty knitter out and almost have 3 scarves done. I just have to bind off the ends and work in tails. I also made my first pair of fingerless gloves. The pattern was from this last Annie's Christmas book.post-11309-0-19547700-1455557473_thumb.jpg

Hi all, well Baby Jade is here. 6 weeks early, but is doing pretty well. They are already reducing her oxygen from 50 to 35 and she's doing good with that. I can't hold her till she's off the oxygen though :(

she was worth waiting for, she's perfect how much did she weigh in at??

I'm here everyday,just feeling blah,and not very chatty

yesterday was the 56th anniversary of my mom's passing,so this is usually a very reflective wk for me

wellthere is Linda, sorry to hear you are feeling blue, 56 yers is a long time, my mom, has been gone lets see, almost 30 years i guess, and i still think about her too....My dad passed when I was very young, so cept  for pics, i never really knew him, and have no memories of him at all....

Lacey,

Awww! Baby Jade is so sweet! Congratulations!

hi ya howeie ann!! good to see ya!!

Yesterday was much warmer out but I dressed for the cold we had on Sat and got too hot in one of the stores and started to not feel too well. I was okay when I went back outside and switched to a lighter jacket. We are going to be on the warm side for us this week---50's and possibly a 70.

I dug my knifty knitter out and almost have 3 scarves done. I just have to bind off the ends and work in tails. I also made my first pair of fingerless gloves. The pattern was from this last Annie's Christmas book.attachicon.gif20160212_100900.jpg

oh you are so good at that knifty knitter brenda, and your mitts are just perfect, you will find them so hard to give away cause they are so comfy and warm, i have not started on scarves or anything for my donation bxes yet, i hope i get the inspiration soon,least before next Oct!!

lol hope your wether remains, as ours for the coming week, over average temps and mild....i am so ready for winter to be GONE>>

carol you always amaze me with these darling creations, you are indeed talented!!

Hope your wrist heals quickly.

Glad you are sleeping better. Happy square working.

I have a headache from he## tonight. I didn't before I got to work but now it is throbbing. Mr Tribble says it is workitis ;) lol. It feels kind of like sinuses and I have been sneezing a lot and coughing the last few days.

Yesterday finally got Mr Tribbles shadow boxes done that I have been going to do for the last couple of years. I am such a procrastinator. But I am very happy they are done now and they look AWESOME. I was worried because I had never done a shadow box before so I kept putting it off. It was time consuming but fun. Might have to do a couple more these ones have his police shirt in one with his business card and handcuff key and his commission ID. The smaller one has his handcuffs, badge, bullet, patches from one of his sleeves, the keychain he always carried. Wish I could share pictures but they have too much info in them.

Mr Tribble and Little Tribble are making Little Tribbles Valentine box for school tonight. I already had the fox head made, they just had to paint it. School is on a two hour delay tomorrow so I will have plenty of time to attach it to a base in the morning. We have lots of snow here, no school for the last two days. 

I wish we had more hours in the day, I never seem to have the time to get everything done that I would like. Of course if I didn't sleep as much as I do, I might be a better manager of time. LOL

Hope everyone has an awesome night!

how wonderful, and what a great idea, the shadow boxes i mean, wonderful,!! Im glad they worked out so well....and as for the snow, keep it there, please.....

You make beautiful things!! I love the green afghan with the pink flowers!  :manyheart  You really make me want to learn to use my mom's sewing machine... because DH really needs me to have another hobby!  :D

Well I got up this morning, went to Hallmark to buy Valentine's Day cards for DH and the pharmacy to pick up a prescription. I had high hopes for finding something to give DH tomorrow but really came up with nothing. He's so hard to shop for! So I bought tickets to see a movie on Monday and I'll make his favorite dinner and I'm sure he'll be happy with it. Now I just have to hope we don't get such bad weather on Monday that we can't go see the movie! 

Our glassblowing class tonight was an absolute blast! We didn't actually blow anything lol but we were completely in control of making our little heart paperweights- spinning the rod/glass in the hot kiln thing, putting the colors on, all of that. We can't pick them up until tomorrow at the earliest because they have to sit in an oven overnight but I'll post pictures when we get them. 

I got a couple more rows done on the Minions and that is a hot tangled mess, but it's coming along nicely, thank goodness! I have to take breaks though because it gets a little overwhelming, so I've got a couple more rows done on Sophie too. I don't know if that CAL thread is still active, but I'll post some pictures over there tomorrow when I've got daylight. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I'll try to be back tomorrow but it's a gym night so we'll see!  :)

ha, iwant to see the hearts,please post them when you can!! sounds like you are making some pr0gress on those ghans too, good for you....

Owlvamp how is little bo today, hope she is better today! wonder what it is/was that made her sick. poor little girl!   I had a do when  i was a kid, a black cocker spaniel,well, we had two of them, and one was named Bo, the male, and the females, was Cinder, Both excellent dogs, took care of a housefull of females,3 girls and my mom and grandma,  and did a great job too, Bo used to love to chase our sleds down the hill, in the winter, silly doggie! Mom thought he might get hurt, and put a stop to that, and kept them both in,where you would find them, waiting patiently,  one on eiher side of fireplace even in summer they laid there, i think cause the marble stone in front of the fireplace,stayed cool, ha ha, and in winter cause of the warmie fire..my best wish for Bo's her speedy recovery

:hug

and you new mama lacey, you rest and get strong, that little Jade will be home soon enough

how wonderful, and what a great idea, the shadow boxes i mean, wonderful,!! Im glad they worked out so well....and as for the snow, keep it there, please.....

h!! :manyheart sorry you aren't feeling well, hopefully it is a passing thing, huh!

Bo she is doing wonderful now. Lots of TLC and she is fine. I think she had a slight cold or something. She got very cold and stayed in front of the heater. So she started to wear her jacket. She sneezed a lot to. She sleeps with me and the funny thing is all I have to do is say Bo and hold my covers up and she runs right under and lays on me . Thank goodness she is only about 27 lbs or so.She thinks I need to hold her twenty four seven. She is the baby of the family. I know she is spoiled rotten. But I love her!

katy I made the gloves for my sister as she is having a lot of pain in her right hand and I have already given them to her. I didn't even try then on because I didnt want to stretch them out. I have been looking at Baby Jade's photos a lot and noticed that Lacy put her stats on the first photo. She was 5lbs 4oz 18in. I sure hope they are doing ok.

Owlvamp glad to hear Bo is ok. She sounds like a cuddlebug.

Hello everyone.

Brenda, the gloves are very nice and I'm sure your sister appreciates them.

Owlvamp, I'm glad you little dog is feeling better.

I'm back home, traffic was horrible and it took me about an extra 30 minutes but I made it. Made a stop at the grocery store, unpacked and did a load of laundry, now it's time to relax a bit. Have a good night.

Hello everyone.

Brenda, the gloves are very nice and I'm sure your sister appreciates them.

Owlvamp, I'm glad you little dog is feeling better.

I'm back home, traffic was horrible and it took me about an extra 30 minutes but I made it. Made a stop at the grocery store, unpacked and did a load of laundry, now it's time to relax a bit. Have a good night.

katy I made the gloves for my sister as she is having a lot of pain in her right hand and I have already given them to her. I didn't even try then on because I didnt want to stretch them out. I have been looking at Baby Jade's photos a lot and noticed that Lacy put her stats on the first photo. She was 5lbs 4oz 18in. I sure hope they are doing ok.

Owlvamp glad to hear Bo is ok. She sounds like a cuddlebug.

oooh well aren't a sweetie then, lol I made a pair for my two sisiters, me, 8 ladies at the brunch bunch, the an order for four more, and afew pairs fof me,, one to match every coat i have, lol ypours look really nice... oh thanks for the stats on the new baby Jade i was too busy lookin at that little elf, to read anything, lol

owlvamp,

I too am glad baby Bo is feeling back to self again, sometimes they just need extra love and attention, we all do, right..those dogs are just so filled with personality, with their little pushed in faces, lol I love them,and the wrinkle or do they call them Shrinkle pugs are so cute too..

Didn't sleep very well last night.

My little English Bulldog is not feel up to par today.

She threw up this morning around 5:30 and me going to bed at 3 and not being able to go back to sleep I am tired.

Been watching her like a hawk and she lays in my lap ..So I know she's not feeling good. She usually is up running around torturing everyone and I constantly call her name. Bo stop, Bo don't do that, Bo this and Bo that. She like to bite the hind legs of the others.

Other than that not bad. I go get the boys today. There not doing good and will be lucky to even pass.

I'm sorry that Bo wasn't feeling well but glad to hear she is doing better. I love Bulldogs. We have a French Bulldog who turned 10 last year. She's a doll.

Oh my goodness all of that stuff is awesome! I love it all. I wish I could sew. Well I can sew, but sewing by hand is horribly tedious! LOL. I just can't use a machine.

Good Morning,

more snow here,then freezing rain,changing to all rain,and some years we don't see snow for a couple of years in a row

I think its the climate change,we are getting a lot more winter temps in the 20's for like three yrs running

Snow here again tonight also. Right how its raining some, but supposed to change to snow. Gonna be nasty tomorrow probably. Little Tribble hasn't had school since last Monday. Probably not tomorrow either.

We had a lot of warm weather at the end of last year, more than normal and going to be in the 50's this coming weekend, or so they say.

Thanks Katy. I love them. I always say if it's going to be cold, it might as well snow. Of course I am like a block from where I work so I don't have to drive in the stuff

Gloves look great, Brenda.

I finished up an order last night, I was glad of. !0 more chapstick cozies. Tomorrow I have to clean the house a bit. We have puppies in the chewing stage and they have unstuffed their toys and chewed up anything they can get ahold of. It is currently all over the living room floor. They keep me busy. But they are so much fun. There is trash we have to pack out, but have been putting it off for a couple of days due to all the snow. It has to be done tomorrow though.

Tonight I am at work. Hopefully my coworkers can make it in tomorrow. I think we are supposed to get 3-5 more inches of snow. Yesterday when the snow was falling down, you could see perfectly formed snowflakes. They are so pretty.

Have a good night all!

It's been a dreary damp windy day here so even though its warm out the house is kind of chilly.  I finished up those scarves so now there are four that are finished and I have another one started on the loom.  

snowbear did you ever get my squares?  They should have made it by Feb 1. 

katy how's your brunch bunch doing or have you been able to meet up with them and have you been making them anything?  

sopo hope things are going okay with you and your dad.

Lacey I hope that we aren't hearing from you because you are too  busy holding Baby Jade and that all is well

cshort bummer on the traffic, makes for a frustrating end of the day

Tribble79 sounds like Little Tribble is getting quite a break from school.  Puppies what kind of puppies?  Its nice especially in bad weather that you work so close or maybe not because then you are the one that is really expected to show up.  How  much snow  has accumulated there?

it kind of sucks when it just keeps adding to the previous snow and doesn't melt in between.  

owlvamp and pineknott hope you are both having a good day

hi brenda and all,
no our brunch called off  all meeting

It's been a dreary damp windy day here so even though its warm out the house is kind of chilly.  I finished up those scarves so now there are four that are finished and I have another one started on the loom.  

snowbear did you ever get my squares?  They should have made it by Feb 1. 

katy how's your brunch bunch doing or have you been able to meet up with them and have you been making them anything?  

sopo hope things are going okay with you and your dad.

Lacey I hope that we aren't hearing from you because you are too  busy holding Baby Jade and that all is well

cshort bummer on the traffic, makes for a frustrating end of the day

Tribble79 sounds like Little Tribble is getting quite a break from school.  Puppies what kind of puppies?  Its nice especially in bad weather that you work so close or maybe not because then you are the one that is really expected to show up.  How  much snow  has accumulated there?

it kind of sucks when it just keeps adding to the previous snow and doesn't melt in between.  

owlvamp and pineknott hope you are both having a good day

hi all, no brenda. voted in nov,no december was the last we had, woted to postpone or suspend them till spring, so april will probably our first this year....I made them ornaments for Christmas, but that is the time i made something lol,

I finally sent off your package last Sat too snowbear, i think presidents day holiday, must have slowed them down.....

puppies youare too brave !tribble, !! what kind???

how are new mama lacey and jade doing, hope all is well.Owlvamp, doing ok,carol,linda scrapperand yarn monkey, who'd i forget, lol hope all is well with you all too........

all for now, im sure there is soethingthat needs cleaning or washing, as handy man cooked, spaghetti, soooooo ill go disinfect everyting that has sauce on it, so everyting the, am i right!!         take care, see ya later.

Hello everyone.

Thank you Tribble, I have more in progress.

Katie and Brenda, it sounds like you are both keeping busy.

It was not a great back to the real world day :no . We had really bad storms with a tornado nearby. My classroom roof had a leak last year when we had a bad storm and it was suppose to have been fixed. But I spent the morning mopping up water and drying out books and files because it leaked in the same place today. And then I came home did a load of laundry, balanced the check book, paid bills, and cooked dinner. I think I need some fiber therapy tonight  :crocheting  :yes . I hope everyone has a great night and stays warm.

Hi all :) Baby Jade is doing very well, starting to get quite sassy lol. Her nurses said they love sassy babies bc that means she is doing really good. :woo she is off the cpap and 100% unassisted breathing and keeping her O2 and heart rate up and even . She also had to be under the blue light for a while but is off of that as well. :) I am so proud of her. I've gotten to hold her a few times and bottle feed her once and tries to breast feed today but she tried and that's all that matters :)

*****none of the pics were from today. My phone wouldn't let me take any more pictures :( ******

post-39682-0-06105000-1455680429_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-63600600-1455680442_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-98955700-1455680456_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-28156100-1455680480_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-56746200-1455680508_thumb.jpg

Archived