Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

ImmaFreek, Jade is beautiful and I'm glad she is doing well.

Pineknott, I hope all goes well with Rene.

Brenda, it was definitely a dryer day, we were able to go outside to play too.

It was actually a pretty good day at school, I never know what to expect when we change the routine first thing in the morning to have class pictures taken, we had one melt down before the picture but made it through without any crying in the actual picture. I think I am going to wrap baby gifts tonight since the shower is on Saturday.

Have a great evening.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Immafreek- Love the new photos of Jade! She is so alert and I'm glad she's doing good.

Bgs- Love the gloves. I've been looking for a nice fingerless gloves pattern but I guess I am too picky and can't find one I like.

Cshort- you are an amazing sewer. The set you made is lovely.

Katie- hope your hand is improving.

Pineknott- maybe good weather will help boost your spirits. Spring will be here soon.

I beat the snow driving on Monday and it got messy rush hour time so I was worried about hubby not making it home okay.

Finally it warmed up. Over the past weekend it was only 4 degrees and was bitter until yesterday. Brrrrr....

Not much to report here. Have a nice night everyone.:)

It's been a dreary damp windy day here so even though its warm out the house is kind of chilly. I finished up those scarves so now there are four that are finished and I have another one started on the loom.

snowbear did you ever get my squares? They should have made it by Feb 1.

katy how's your brunch bunch doing or have you been able to meet up with them and have you been making them anything?

sopo hope things are going okay with you and your dad.

Lacey I hope that we aren't hearing from you because you are too busy holding Baby Jade and that all is well

cshort bummer on the traffic, makes for a frustrating end of the day

Tribble79 sounds like Little Tribble is getting quite a break from school. Puppies what kind of puppies? Its nice especially in bad weather that you work so close or maybe not because then you are the one that is really expected to show up. How much snow has accumulated there?

it kind of sucks when it just keeps adding to the previous snow and doesn't melt in between.

owlvamp and pineknott hope you are both having a good day

hi all, no brenda. voted in nov,no december was the last we had, woted to postpone or suspend them till spring, so april will probably our first this year....I made them ornaments for Christmas, but that is the time i made something lol,

I finally sent off your package last Sat too snowbear, i think presidents day holiday, must have slowed them down.....

puppies youare too brave !tribble, !! what kind???

how are new mama lacey and jade doing, hope all is well.Owlvamp, doing ok,carol,linda scrapperand yarn monkey, who'd i forget, lol hope all is well with you all too........

all for now, im sure there is soethingthat needs cleaning or washing, as handy man cooked, spaghetti, soooooo ill go disinfect everyting that has sauce on it, so everyting the, am i right!! take care, see ya later.

LOL... Our Puppies are mutts. We rescued the mother back in July 2015. She is a Border Collie Mix and we are pretty sure that daddy was a Rottweiler mix. She had 11 puppies, one was stillborn so we had 10. We were only going to keep 2 of them, but Little Tribble wanted to keep the runt so we ended up with three. They are gorgeous and so destructive right now. . I'll have to upload some pictures... These are by far the sweetest dogs I have ever had, and I have had a few. Right now we have 8 dogs...

Hi all :) Baby Jade is doing very well, starting to get quite sassy lol. Her nurses said they love sassy babies bc that means she is doing really good. :woo she is off the cpap and 100% unassisted breathing and keeping her O2 and heart rate up and even . She also had to be under the blue light for a while but is off of that as well. :) I am so proud of her. I've gotten to hold her a few times and bottle feed her once and tries to breast feed today but she tried and that's all that matters :)

*****none of the pics were from today. My phone wouldn't let me take any more pictures :( ******

So happy to hear that she is doing so well. She's so tiny! Glad you were finally able to hold her. I am sure that was so difficult.

I havn't done a lot of crochet the last couple of days but plan to get back to it tomorrow. I want to finish up Little Tribbles pillowcase and Enderman and get started on a new project a FGM gave to me....

Have a wonderful night all.... following pictures of the puppies

post-73457-0-56703500-1455757431_thumb.jpeg Falkor

post-73457-0-17788500-1455757544_thumb.jpg Freya

post-73457-0-00168300-1455757621_thumb.jpg little Tribble's Sweetheart

beautiful baby, beutiful dogs, sheesh, the are marked so pretty!! Border collies have been one of my favorite breeds, but they are so full of energy, and needs a lot of excersize an space to do it, they are just gorgeous doggies, and so smart, glad you kept some lol

Jade is so pretty, loodking so alert and spry, she is a cutie for sure!!
carol, long wet day for you the other day, hope they get that roof fixed soon..

i sorta miss seeing pics of those hedgies too Sopo, how is you daughter doing with them, still got them??

I hear that crochet#1fan, i hate driving in snow and ice too, glad everyone got home safe and sound!!

Hi scrapper, good to see your post too, and Linda, good for Rene, that she is doing so well, what exactly did she have done?

my neighbor lost a kitty, old age, she was 19 years old, awww, poor kitty, it's hard to lose a pet.we all know. 

Sandra how is bo doing, all better??  Maxie got to sit in the living window today, was so mild and warm out, we only let him for about 45 minutes though, didn't want to have him catch cold, he would probablyhave sat there all day long, if we would have let him, but he enjoyed his little fresh air and scenery,and will sleep real sound tonight. Ill have to take more pics of that little cat, he is an amazingly smart cat, smartest I have ever seen, and I have had many cats in my life time, lol..

I love those doggie pics too, Falkors eyes, amazing!!

well all, that's it for me, nothing more to report, sooooo I guess Ill shut er down for now, you all have a great evening,and a better day tomorrow!!!    :manyheart   

Awe baby Jade is so cute and sweet. I'm so happy she is doing better.

OMG love the puppy pictures. Beautiful markings too. More the merrier.

Here is Bo. She wanted to lay on my temperature blanket while I tried to crochet.

She is so darn cute. We love her to pieces . Bo is doing wonderful Katy.

post-73065-0-32286300-1455765245_thumb.jpeg

beautiful baby, beutiful dogs, sheesh, the are marked so pretty!! Border collies have been one of my favorite breeds, but they are so full of energy, and needs a lot of excersize an space to do it, they are just gorgeous doggies, and so smart, glad you kept some lol

Jade is so pretty, loodking so alert and spry, she is a cutie for sure!!

carol, long wet day for you the other day, hope they get that roof fixed soon..

i sorta miss seeing pics of those hedgies too Sopo, how is you daughter doing with them, still got them??

I hear that crochet#1fan, i hate driving in snow and ice too, glad everyone got home safe and sound!!

Hi scrapper, good to see your post too, and Linda, good for Rene, that she is doing so well, what exactly did she have done?

my neighbor lost a kitty, old age, she was 19 years old, awww, poor kitty, it's hard to lose a pet.we all know. 

Sandra how is bo doing, all better??  Maxie got to sit in the living window today, was so mild and warm out, we only let him for about 45 minutes though, didn't want to have him catch cold, he would probablyhave sat there all day long, if we would have let him, but he enjoyed his little fresh air and scenery,and will sleep real sound tonight. Ill have to take more pics of that little cat, he is an amazingly smart cat, smartest I have ever seen, and I have had many cats in my life time, lol..

I love those doggie pics too, Falkors eyes, amazing!!

well all, that's it for me, nothing more to report, sooooo I guess Ill shut er down for now, you all have a great evening,and a better day tomorrow!!!    :manyheart   

Thank you! Yes his eyes are gorgeous. I have always wanted a dog with two different colored eyes. He has such an adorable personality.

Here is Bo. She wanted to lay on my temperature blanket while I tried to crochet.

Thank you! Yep, we love our dogs... LOL. Bo is so cute! We love English Bulldogs...

Tribble79 what makes my heart happy is to see that you let the puppy's on the couch with you all. My home is my fur babies home. They stay inside with me and sleep with me too.

yep you should see me trying to take a nap on that couch. I ususally have 4-5 dogs piled on top of me. It's incredible that I get any sleep ;). And Falkor is around 55 pounds now. They just pile right up on top... Its pretty hilarious!

Awe that's so cool!! I know how you feel. I have to go to my bed which I just put my box spring and mattress on the floor for Sassy almost broke her leg jumping off and getting caught by the foot board so out went the bed. They love it and I have to beat them to get my spot in bed and then they all come running and piling in. They use me as a mattress and mine range from Bo te littlest about 27 lbs to 90 lbs. But I wouldn't trade them for nothing.

Baby and puppy pictures! We hit the the jackpot! I can see why Little Tribble favors the one but they are all good looking dogs. Its funny about the couch. When our stray kitten moved in she got the couch. We never sit on it anymore as its fixed with blankets and pillows for her. Our last dog had died and we we were not looking to replace them because we have been working towards moving to a senior living place and knew it would be easier with no pets.

Dh never had a cat before and tells her he is not a cat person but rather a dog person with a cat. The first time I took her to the vet I carried her in our medium dog carrier and asked the vet to please turn it into a dog because we aren't cat people. He just laughed and said well it looks like you ate now.

Katy sorry about your friend's loss. Its hard losing our little fur friends. Have you been working on any scarves hats or afghans for charity? Seems like I am off to a slow start this year.

Owlvamp Bo looks like such a sweetie

#1crochetfan you sound like me on looking for just the right pattern on the fingerless gloves as I have looked at so many for so long. The only reason I went ahead and tried this one was I thought my sister needed some. I figure to get one I really like I am going to have to take what I like about various patterns and wing it. Then there is the added challenge of making two that match.

great pics bo is simply precious If i had that many doggies on me sleeping, i would wake up in  panic thinking I was being suffocated though, My dog always is at the bottom of the bed, on the rug, or at the side of the bed, gaurding me from the door, lol    my cat doesn't go ouside, ever, he never has since we got him. and he is ruler of the roost for sure....

Tribble79 what makes my heart happy is to see that you let the puppy's on the couch with you all. My home is my fur babies home. They stay inside with me and sleep with me too.

What a sweet picture. Baby Jade is really looks good.

It was 74 degrees here yesterday but terribly windy with gusts up to 55 mph so it really was not a good day to be outside. Computer won't stay connected to internet so I am glad I can get on here from my smartphone.

5 scarves done, 2 ready to bind off and work in ends and one started on the loom.

oh she looks so much more relaxed,. and comfortable with those tubes gone, little while longer, she will be not needing a feeding tube, hope she gains weight soon, and just blooms into a healty sweet baby............

Brenda, you are tearing up on those scarves, you go girl, you inspire me!!!

Happy one week birthdayJade! She looks adorable.

I had dinner with my daughter last night and I'm heading back to her house today for her baby shower. So much fun. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Archived