Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

We got up to 47 degrees yesterday compared to the 9 the Sun before. I just cringe when I see all the snow some of you got. We had some record snowfalls a few years ago and it was exhausting shoveling out. I hope you are all ok.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big storm?... I had to put on an extra layer of clothes to go outside yesterday and this morning, I really can't take it when the temps are in the 40s :wbrr   :lol . Please don't throw snowballs at me. I really don't handle the cold well any more. We made it up to 73 today and should be in the high 70s tomorrow. I was shivering just looking at pictures of the snow. I hope everyone is warm and well.

Not much going on here, typical working Monday.

Have a great evening.

wow you all got dumped on, shoveling is the wost part, huh......

Good morning- back to another week day. Hubby and I spent hours clearing snow yesterday. It really is crazy to think we got a whole season of snow in one storm.

poor east coast,what a wallop, hope no one over does it shoveling out....

Nothing really exciting during our snow storm. My oldest didn't have school on Fri because of it. ONE inch of snow! Haha! It's so funny to see everyone freak out over snow here. We did end up with 2 inches on Sat and the roads were a bit swishy to drive on. Again, EVERYTHING closed!

well, we didn't get that warm, but its coming towards the end of the week brenda, how are you all doing, you must have a view to beat the band, with all that open land and stuff..

We got up to 47 degrees yesterday compared to the 9 the Sun before. I just cringe when I see all the snow some of you got. We had some record snowfalls a few years ago and it was exhausting shoveling out. I hope you are all ok.

aww, poor carol, no snowballs at you, i promise!!

The big storm?... I had to put on an extra layer of clothes to go outside yesterday and this morning, I really can't take it when the temps are in the 40s :wbrr   :lol . Please don't throw snowballs at me. I really don't handle the cold well any more. We made it up to 73 today and should be in the high 70s tomorrow. I was shivering just looking at pictures of the snow. I hope everyone is warm and well.

Have a great evening.

have been a bit under the weather these past few days, that's why ive been a bit scarce, but on the mend me thinks, so no worries. 

don't know what it was, or is that i had, but i was feeling pretty pooly for a couple days and last night, i was up all night with stomach trouble, and such, but today am feeling a bit stronger, ate a bite, and drank lots of water, so on the mend i hope now.

going to take a shower soon, and that will feel me better too, lol.

so all for now, take care all, and keep warm and safe......  till tomorrow then.

I'm here! I haven't been able to log on since the New Year. It was so strange. My Internet went all weird and then I couldn't access this site AT ALL ever since. I finally figured out a way to contact someone from Crochetville and now Amy Shelton is helping me out. It looks like my IP address was accidently blocked! All this time, all I had to do was log in while on the network, not on my wifi at home. Ugh! So, here I am, eating up my data for you ladies ;)

We are all okay. It looks like the baby and I have suddenly become lactose intolerant. I can't even have chocolate! Waaaah! My husband is putting in for a supervisor position. That would mean a $10k a year pay increase, at least. Woot! The weather here is crazy. 60 deg one day, snowing the next. It's currently raining/sleeting/snowing, all at once.

Gotta go. I'll look at who is getting squares this month and get hooking. Yay! I can't wait!

Glad you were able to figure it out!

hi all. hope everyone is had a good weekend, and your new week goes well too!!

Better weather coming ahead folks, least here anyway. that storm did so much damage, sheesh, glad it moved on...if you were affected by that storm, do you have any experiences about it to share with us??

were you without power, were you snowed in, did you have your vehicle snowed under?? Do tell!

im out for now, little tired, so will see you on the Monday side, have a good one all..

We were supposed to get a good bit of snow, didn't get more that 4 inches. Little Tribble's school let out at 2 instead of 3:30

Have a great evening.

LOL, I don't mind the 40s anything lower and I am miserable. 40's is jacket weather. Our big dogs even got to spend some time outside for a couple of hours, of course they came in so muddy that I am going to have to clean big time the next day I'm off!

have been a bit under the weather these past few days, that's why ive been a bit scarce, but on the mend me thinks, so no worries. 

don't know what it was, or is that i had, but i was feeling pretty pooly for a couple days and last night, i was up all night with stomach trouble, and such, but today am feeling a bit stronger, ate a bite, and drank lots of water, so on the mend i hope now.

going to take a shower soon, and that will feel me better too, lol.

so all for now, take care all, and keep warm and safe......  till tomorrow then.

Sorry you havn't felt well! Glad you are doing better. I felt like crap yesterday, didn't do anything- but the muscles in my legs hurt so bad it was horrible.

Little Tribble went to the ENT today so they could look at his ears. He's going to hold off on doing tubes to see how it goes. So I was glad about that. Otherwise stopped at Wal Mart and picked up some things for the bracelets and coin purses I am going to be making sometime plus a skein of red heart scrubby. Gonna see how these work once I get it crocheted up. If I ever find the time! LOL

Got some squares from Teresa in the mail along with the most ADORABLE potholder ever!!!! Will post pictures later. It is my first potholder. I love it. Thank you so much!

Have a wonderful evening all. Talk to everyone later.

Katie, I hope you are feeling better. I knew something had to be up because you hadn't been around as much as usual.

I am exhausted today but need a little sewing therapy this evening. And if I go to sleep too early I will be awake during the night which would not be good. I gave up one of my assistants last week to help with another class for a couple of months and I was suppose to have an iterim substitute assistant, however, nobody wants the position and so far I have had 3 different subs in my room, this does not work well for my students or me. I spoke with principal this morning and they may move my assistant back to my classroom.

Our temps were up today  :clap but we are suppose to have rain tonight and tomorrow  :no .

Guess thats about it for me. Have a great evening everyone.

Puffy went out today for our Feb bd girl. Now on to the big list for March.

cshort I have had to get my sewing machine out to make cage accessories for my nieces sugar gliders---I had to look them up on the internet when she made her request.

im gonna have to look that up brenda, lol what exactly a sugar glider is....Ill find out....

Thanks carol you were right i have, is was  under the weather, but feeing a bit better slowly, everyone has something these days!!

SNow is almost gone, melting the remainder of the week now, looking at 50 or more late this week, thank goodness, and to have the sun out, will be great too....

Hi all! Quick check in while I'm getting the kids to sleep. Taking a break from crocheting tonight, I'm gonna play a video game instead. Need to rest my eyes from the yarns. :lol

I hope everyone is well and warm :):hug s

See you all soon!

We did not know for a long time that she brought them Christmas. She had hers in her bra and boyfriend was carrying his in a bonding pouch under a jacket. They were smaller than I thought they would be

Wow I haven't checked in in ages!! We've been so busy visiting family that I never even got my tablet out. I'm not even sure when the last time I was here was... anyway we spent a few days with my dad in South Carolina and then went to Florida to visit DH's family for 5 days and now we're back at my dad's until the snow melts enough to get home and into our driveway. Sister has been house-sitting and said we got about a foot of snow. Needless to say, she hasn't been able to check on things since the snow hit. My grandmother got over 2 feet though so at least we didn't get hit that hard!

I can't quote posts on this thing, but... I haven't worked on the moogly Afghan since I finished the last square, but hopefully I'll get working on that again soon. I have an afghan to make for Peanut for his birthday and I bought yarn today for a Sophie's Universe (I finally decided on a color scheme) so I really need to get a move on!

They sell sugar gliders at our state fair and I want one! I'm not really a rodent fan, but these little guys just seem so sweet! Apparently they kind of stink though, so maybe not! Lol!

Okay, that'll be enough tablet typing for the night. I still have to check in on Stashbusting because I forgot to post there on Saturday. I really will be back sooner next time! And when we get home, I'll get January squares out! =)

I understand about being under the weather. Not much good has happened here. Received 4 disturbing call this month. Just keeping my head above water right now.

Throwing myself into projects.

Hope everything works itself out!

Katie, I hope you are feeling better. I knew something had to be up because you hadn't been around as much as usual.

I am exhausted today but need a little sewing therapy this evening. And if I go to sleep too early I will be awake during the night which would not be good. I gave up one of my assistants last week to help with another class for a couple of months and I was suppose to have an iterim substitute assistant, however, nobody wants the position and so far I have had 3 different subs in my room, this does not work well for my students or me. I spoke with principal this morning and they may move my assistant back to my classroom.

Our temps were up today  :clap but we are suppose to have rain tonight and tomorrow  :no .

Guess thats about it for me. Have a great evening everyone.

Hopefully they get your help back!

Puffy went out today for our Feb bd girl. Now on to the big list for March.

cshort I have had to get my sewing machine out to make cage accessories for my nieces sugar gliders---I had to look them up on the internet when she made her request.

Sugar gliders are so adorable. I have always wanted a pair. However we don't have enough room for the elaborate setup  I would want for the playroom for them to be able to glide about.

They sell sugar gliders at our state fair and I want one! I'm not really a rodent fan, but these little guys just seem so sweet! Apparently they kind of stink though, so maybe not! Lol!

Okay, that'll be enough tablet typing for the night. I still have to check in on Stashbusting because I forgot to post there on Saturday. I really will be back sooner next time! And when we get home, I'll get January squares out! =)

Glad to see you back, and if you do decide to get some of the little cuties they should be fun!

bgs - With sugar gliders you have to bond with them, which means you pack them about with you for a good time. Once bonded they will always want to be with you. Pouches are usually used so that the Sugar Glider is safe and doesn't run off until they are bonded and then they will stay on you even without a pouch.

On the agenda today after work, is to clean Little Tribbles room. It looks like a grenade has went off in there - I am serious. You can't even walk to his bed. Of course the normal housekeeping etc. And maybe this evening either finishing up one of my crochet orders or work on the paracord bracelets I am wanting to make. I also have things to make a collar for my Chihuahua out of poptabs and paracord. I think its going to turn out adorable.

Maybe tomorrow now that its been a bit warmer here, we will finally get our boxes of Christmas decorations packed to the basement. I can be optimistic! -right? ;)

Have a wonderful day all!

Tribble79 About two weeks before Christmas I got an email from my niece requesting cage accessories made from fleece for her sugar gliders for Christmas and or her Jan bd. I had never heard of them before so I have spent a lot of time researching them. I was glad to actually see them as they were smaller than I thought they would be. So far I have made her 2 cage pouches and two corner hammocks. I think next will be a vine and some bridges. I want to get our Christmas stuff packed and back in the attic by Sat. We have to time it with the weather as we have to go outside to access the attic.

Hello everyone.

Brenda, it sounds like your sewing machine is going to get a workout.

Nikki, I'm glad you're enjoying your time with family. I hope the snow at your house melts soon.

Tribble, it's amazing how fast kids can wreck a room. Hope you get to enjoy some crocheting tonight.

My students at school seemed a little calmer today but the sub aide I had today was an interesting person. She laid down and went to sleep during the children's quiet/nap time. Some of the comments she made to people were a little off too, I'm not sure what her story is but I don't think she'll be back in my classroom.

It's been raing a lot today and there are more storms headed our way tonight and tomorrow, so much for outside play.

Guess that's about it for me, hope everyone has a great night.

Hi everyone. Dad had his surgery the 19th and it went ok other than a scare in the recover (nurse's fault). He was on the trauma unit floor for 4 days. I drove back and forth every day to check on them and make mom eat. He is home now and gets staples out tomorrow so another trip to the city. I 'think' it helped. The dr came in and told him what a mess his back is (like we didn't know). Not much bone left in spots. He is still very weak and in pain but I think it's surgery pain, not the debilitating pain he was in before. Time will tell. I am still exhausted but trying to catch up work now. Thanks for all your prayers. 

I haven't been here for apx 2 weeks. I tried to keep caught up via cell phone but that's so annoying.

My Dad got sick and spent 4 days in the hospital and a couple of days recouping from being in the hospital!!

He is doing great now. 

And I'm back in the saddle again!!!

Hi everyone. Dad had his surgery the 19th and it went ok other than a scare in the recover (nurse's fault). He was on the trauma unit floor for 4 days. I drove back and forth every day to check on them and make mom eat. He is home now and gets staples out tomorrow so another trip to the city. I 'think' it helped. The dr came in and told him what a mess his back is (like we didn't know). Not much bone left in spots. He is still very weak and in pain but I think it's surgery pain, not the debilitating pain he was in before. Time will tell. I am still exhausted but trying to catch up work now. Thanks for all your prayers. 

Glad to hear the surgery went ok, hopefully his pain will be gone soon.

I haven't been here for apx 2 weeks. I tried to keep caught up via cell phone but that's so annoying.

My Dad got sick and spent 4 days in the hospital and a couple of days recouping from being in the hospital!!

He is doing great now. 

I'm glad to see you back and I'm glad your dad is doing better.

The sub aide I had today was ok and she will be back tomorrow. I was awake every hour last night, I don't know why but I am sooooooo tied today, I will probably be asleep before too long. I'm working on weaving ends on some squares since I'm too tired to concentrate on much else. Hope everyone has a great night.

Hi Ladies!

I'm like a broken record,,,still busy! Went and had to clean the church all day and then I had a meeting tonight and just got in SOO...

I did get to crochet  a square between last night and before leaving this morning.. a little behind on getting my January squares out, but they are coming!!

Stephanie, I have been thinking of you and your family wondering how your daddy was... So glad that maybe now there is a chance he is on the upswing! Will surely keep praying!!

He is doing great now. 

I am so sorry to see about your Dad.. But so glad he is doing great now!! :)

Glad to hear the surgery went ok, hopefully his pain will be gone soon.

I'm glad to see you back and I'm glad your dad is doing better.

The sub aide I had today was ok and she will be back tomorrow. I was awake every hour last night, I don't know why but I am sooooooo tied today, I will probably be asleep before too long. I'm working on weaving ends on some squares since I'm too tired to concentrate on much else. Hope everyone has a great night.

Carol I am so glad you got a good aide today... :eek  I couldn't believe the one that went to sleep along with the kids.... boy you do have some stories, I see.

Hi,
Today hasn't been my best day.
So checking in and saying hi. :hug  Sandra I am so sorry you seem to be going through such a hard spell right now.. but you will ride through it eventually!! Just don't give up....

Archived