Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I made it to the grocery store after work today. Then paid some bills, made dip for a potluck lunch tomorrow, changed the kitty litter box, changed the sheets on the bed and did a load of laundry......I'm tired! I think I will be in bed soon. Hope you all have a good night.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Sorry I haven't on here much. Well we got temp down in the 20's here. We got at least 6" or so of snow today. Can't get out. We are snowed in. What I heard we got more coming. I am doing good. Have been crocheting on several projects.  Immufreek the ultrasound is adorable! Hope everyone stays warm. Good night. Love Arlene  :hug

Good morning ladies!

Knock on wood it seems I can get on with my iPad now. YIPPY!!!!.

It has been a royal pain. Glad it worked itself out.

Been trying to get some squares done for the midnite Brite afghans. Need to pop over to my thread to see how things are going.

Also need to catch up on my temperature blankets. Making one for the highs and lows. Both coming out beautiful.

Checking in with a phone is just the pits. Not my favorite thing to do.

I know how you feel. its slightly better with a tablet but not by a whole lot! Makes responding a lot really difficult. We're supposed to have snow coming here also.

At work again tonight. I am about worthless on my third 12 hour shift in a row, LOL. So far I have put important numbers in my shred bin. Luckily I realized they were missing and was able to get them back out and forgot important papers to go with a chart. Ack! Hopefully my tea will kick in here in a bit.

Well, will talk later, I hope everyone has a warm and safe eveniting

Hello everyone!!

So sorry I haven't checked in in awhile.. I cannot believe that so far this year has been crazy!! and no real reason for it too, just each day is crazy and it seems I cannot hardly get time to call my own.. I have been reading the posts though and catching up! I sure hope all of you in the north are safe with the winter storms supposedly coming through the night.. our tornado watches and warnings just expired and the rain is still falling in sheets... said even us lower alabamians may get a few snow flurries!!!

LACEY your baby is precious!! You have GOT to take care of yourself girl!! Wishing you the best in everything...

I sure love the squares I am seeing, they are all so pretty!! I'm hoping to get mine done and mailed out this week..

SOPO  :hug :hug  to you girl!! Saying prayers for your Dad and that his surgery is so successful! You have been going through so much but I can tell you are a trooper!!

SANDRA I hope you're feeling much better!!

NIKKI i am so glad you havent forgotten to keep us posted on your Moogly afghan!! Girl I am still waiting to see that pretty thing!!

#1Crochetfan, I'm with you on the house work and projects!! With you on the planning stage that is!! LOL!! My house just needs a bulldozer but I do want to let life slow down some so I can work on it...

BRENDA you asked what we were working on, I am still TRYING to work on DIL's Starlight Afghan for next Christmas.. So many things I want to do too!

YARNSCRAPPER one of those things I want to do is the temperature afghan... I am still keeping up with the temps and haven't gotten to do it yet... oh boy... and life has slowed down on the robber scene until today.. they are back and that pickup was seen turning around going up and down the road.... hGRRRR.....

CAROL I hope you are sleeping better! I've been having some nights like that myself lately!

KATYALLEN I'm not sure if it is the same show or not about alaska bush people but my DH likes to watch one where the husband and wife and ALL those kids are trying to make their living up there in the frigid temps... I"m like that is just a little too crazy for me!! I HATE any cold!!  And your 12" squares are going to be one pretty blanket!!

Well it's getting late and I have one of the GS';s so don't know how much sleep I will get tonite. Just wanted to pop in and say hey!! and to all of you I missed!!  And all of you stay safe!!!

Hello and Happy Friday!

This has been a crazy week at work and I'm so glad it's the weekend. I don't expect things to be much better next week but we will see what happens. We've had rain all day and it's suppose to be chilly again for the next 2 days so other than church on Sunday I plan to spend the weekend sewing. Guess that's about it for me. Hope everyone is staying safe and warm.

Hi everyone!

Hopefully all is well who ever is in the line of the snow storm.

We have it here but so far everything is fine. They shut done schools, work and I'm sure the town

Is a ghost town. But for me just crawled in bed and did a lot of resting. Hubby made dinner for me. So that was sweet and daughter made lunch. So today was my lazy day. I really needed it.

hi ya everyone, you all staying safe and warm these days....Seems some days, I just get a chill, and can't shake it, y ou know, but warmer weather is on the way soon me thinks, just hold one, winters last hurrah on the way out soon!!

nothing much else here to talk about, have been keeping busy i guess, doing my thing, and keeping up with those other 'things' too, lol, not by choice iguess, but someone has t o do them, huh!!

well, that is about it, hope you all found some shelter in the coming snow and a way to keep toasty warm inside, and lets hope this storm will turn out to be no biggie, huh!! till tomorrow!!

Good Morning all.

We made it through the night . IT sure is crappy out there and the is all crunchy.

Off to take a shower , make breakfast and finish a hat that is sold. Then want to put my rows in my temperature blanket and then work on squares for the Midnight Brite Blankets.

I'm here! I haven't been able to log on since the New Year. It was so strange. My Internet went all weird and then I couldn't access this site AT ALL ever since. I finally figured out a way to contact someone from Crochetville and now Amy Shelton is helping me out. It looks like my IP address was accidently blocked! All this time, all I had to do was log in while on the network, not on my wifi at home. Ugh! So, here I am, eating up my data for you ladies ;)

We are all okay. It looks like the baby and I have suddenly become lactose intolerant. I can't even have chocolate! Waaaah! My husband is putting in for a supervisor position. That would mean a $10k a year pay increase, at least. Woot! The weather here is crazy. 60 deg one day, snowing the next. It's currently raining/sleeting/snowing, all at once.

Gotta go. I'll look at who is getting squares this month and get hooking. Yay! I can't wait!

hi all, and welcome back cindy you were missed, sorry abut the lactose thing, but these days, it easier to find things to substitute for you and baby..

Sounds like all that have checked in, are safe, and at home, and out of the crazy weather everyone is having....

Clear here but still cold, no snow though, so that is good.

nothing much else, did the feb b day girls get their puffys from me, or did i miss that post somewhere out there??

Feb is up[ in the air still, as the two dqy girls in Feb. are mia, so, free month coming up I guess, do what you want to do,for whomever you want to, and or, contact the two b day girls, maybe you will hve better luck....or maybe they will chek in soon with us here on the thread........

Made a few more 12 inch squares for the ghan, will edge them tomorrow,and then add them on the ghan, Edge that if i deem it necessary, ha ha, and then i am done with it, and i will pic it and post for you here.well, thats it for now, stay warm and safe all of you  andi,ll see you tomorrow!!

hi all, and welcome back cindy you were missed, sorry abut the lactose thing, but these days, it easier to find things to substitute for you and baby..

Sounds like all that have checked in, are safe, and at home, and out of the crazy weather everyone is having....

Clear here but still cold, no snow though, so that is good.

nothing much else, did the feb b day girls get their puffys from me, or did i miss that post somewhere out there??

Feb is up[ in the air still, as the two dqy girls in Feb. are mia, so, free month coming up I guess, do what you want to do,for whomever you want to, and or, contact the two b day girls, maybe you will hve better luck....or maybe they will chek in soon with us here on the thread........

Made a few more 12 inch squares for the ghan, will edge them tomorrow,and then add them on the ghan, Edge that if i deem it necessary, ha ha, and then i am done with it, and i will pic it and post for you here.well, thats it for now, stay warm and safe all of you andi,ll see you tomorrow!!

??????Snowbear is the only one listed under Feb on list on page one and she posted on here a day or two ago?????

hi all. hope everyone is had a good weekend, and your new week goes well too!!

Better weather coming ahead folks, least here anyway. that storm did so much damage, sheesh, glad it moved on...if you were affected by that storm, do you have any experiences about it to share with us??

were you without power, were you snowed in, did you have your vehicle snowed under?? Do tell!

im out for now, little tired, so will see you on the Monday side, have a good one all..

Archived