Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mouth is feeling better, NO pain from the extractions anymore, My face is not swollen anymore....................... However, I now have one hell of a sinus infection now and I think all I get done is blowing my nose & sneezing! Woe is me? lol

My husband's family used to live in Mt. Sinai, when he was a kid! They're in Port Jefferson now.

I found this most intriguing; what sort of changes would you say you're seeing? I definitely wasn't sewing ten years ago so I don't know what was out there then! My sewing machine's foot pedal died, and I basically can barely use it right now (it has an air bulb kind of thing, that I have to poke at to get it to return to starting position every time I stop the machine - made sewing Little Viking's birthday blanket super frustrating!). I ordered a new one from Singer, but it hasn't come yet, and I'm starting to go bonkers. Because of COURSE now all I want to do is sew things!

I've started catching up on posts I missed but I've got a long way to go, and I wanted to check in tonight before my computer kicks me off the internet. Our birthday party went really well! Not quite how I planned... I had a lot more games in the wings (I had deliberately overplanned there anyway), but the kids spent a lot of time just running around. I was bummed out that I missed a great photo op when all of them decided to go up in the same tree at the same time... Eight kids up in one of our mimosas! It was a costume party, so everyone was dressed up, including Daddy Viking and me. Since LV wanted Darth Vader this year, Daddy decided to be a Jedi and I was a stormtrooper. One of LV's friends who is also a Star Wars nut was ALSO Darth Vader for Halloween, and the two of them were just about overwhelmed with delight when they realised that our costumes meant they were the boss of me.

With party prep and house stuff going on, I've been stalled out on any yarn work for a long time now. I'm making myself get back into it though, because I'll never get my in-law's Christmas afghan finished if I don't! And I really want to have it done for them this year.

I just got a new bookshelf for my craft room, so hopefully I'll be able to get it organized enough that it's usable. Since I got it painted and all the stuff put in, almost the entire floor has been covered and there are piles everywhere. Which is great fun when the dog chases the cat into the room, let me tell you.

Gosh, I'm not sure what else to say right now... Think I'm just going to sign off. I'll try to catch up more tomorrow!

Glad to see you back! How's the Beatles afghan going??  :D

Hello everyone!!

Just feeling a bit blaise so finding it real hard getting in the groove today... I have however folded 1 load of sheets, got 1 load of clothes in dryer and and a load of jeans in the washer. And I have just gotten back from my DS's with a mess of turnips and mustard greens he wanted me to come get! So the day isn't TOTALLY wasted! Right?!?

Got my hair cut yesterday...So not happy with it!! Way too short on bottom and too long on top and can't do anything with it.. It was my DIL that did it so i can't even complain about it!   Oh well, I should have what I want with it in about a year!

Nikki -- that Christmas stocking swap is FUN, is it not? and Peanut sounds just like my little GS's..So cute!

Good morning JustAddGlitter!! And thank you for the condolences!!

I sure hope you are feeling better with your mouth jessicali!!

Owlvamp -- things have just GOT to go to improving for you!!  I hope your weekend is good for you..

KatyAllen and the others that had such bad weather, I am glad you are safe! And after reading your post, maybe I need to take up cooking more!!

I am just having the most fun with the stocking swap!! It's a bit of a challenge because of the $10 limit and I think that's the best part! Peanut is definitely a little stinker! He's hitting that terrible 2 stage (he'll be 2 in March) and for as sweet as he can be, he can be just as much a terror! Sister will be holding his hand and he doesn't get to be loose so he just goes limp and collapses and throws himself on the ground. Just like Sister did when she was that age!! She doesn't appreciate the comparison, but it cracks me up either way! 

"I found this most intriguing; what sort of changes would you say you're seeing? I definitely wasn't sewing ten years ago so I don't know what was out there then!"  by VikingRunnerGirl...

Interesting question Viking. I had a hard time coming up with an answer!! LOL. The biggest thing is that most fabrics are craft or quilt oriented. And half the stores are nothing but fleece!!  Fabric for apparel is not a top priority it seems.(?) So the selection is less. But I have been pleasantly surprised at how fashionable the apparel fabric is. Those are the biggest things I noticed.

Even though I had Wed off for Veteran's Day it seems like a long work week. I'm glad it's Friday. This weekend is going to be shopping for a new Christmas tree. The old one is getting to be so difficult to put together; back breaking difficult...So it's a new prelit, fold up like an umbrella type this year.

Have a great weekend everyone!

That's the type of tree we wound up getting a couple years ago. Ours came from Walmart and was cheap, so DH has very specific instructions for when he takes it up to the attic. I spent ages getting those branches bent just right so the poor tree didn't look like it belonged on the Charlie Brown Christmas special and I don't care to do it again! Lol! 

My mouth is feeling better, NO pain from the extractions anymore, My face is not swollen anymore....................... However, I now have one hell of a sinus infection now and I think all I get done is blowing my nose & sneezing! Woe is me? lol

I'm so glad your mouth is feeling better!! I'm sorry it had to leave you such  a parting gift though. Those sinus infections are awful!! I hope it decides to move on soon!  :hug

We had a good trip to have lunch with family yesterday. Peanut of course was too busy wanting to run around and see everybody in the restaurant to worry about eating, so Sister and I took turns walking him around and eating our lunches. She gets frustrated with him but I tell her it's just his age- he won't want to sit still and eat his lunch in a busy restaurant for a while yet! To make sure he could make it through the 2 hour ride home, we went to a park down the road from the restaurant and let him run around for a while. He figured out how to sit in a swing and hold himself in the back of the seat so he really enjoyed that part. Last time we put him in a swing, he dangled in the front and hated it! He chased me around a field for a while and then he slept about halfway home. He only got fussy when we got stuck in rush hour traffic about 20 minutes from home. All in all, for being 20 months, he did a really good job! 

We did absolutely nothing of note today... a trip to Walmart and the pharmacy to pick up a prescription and then I made meatloaf, peas and mashed potatoes for dinner. DH said it's his favorite meatloaf! That always makes me happy. Until of course he told his mom that I make better meatloaf than she does.  :reyes  I said you just don't tell your mother that your wife makes anything better than she does!  :lol

I don't think there's anything on the agenda for tomorrow but we have a football game on Sunday and I've got a scarf I'm trying to finish in time. It's not supposed to be particularly cold but there will be wind, and the last time we were at a windy game I almost froze to death. I got 2 skeins of the RH Team Spirit yarn in the same dye lot. I finished one skein and attached the next... they are definitely different shades. I'm hoping it won't be super noticeable because I can't find my receipt or the band from the 1st skein. Oh well. 

I hope everyone had a good week!  :ghug

Hey all and good afternoon! I had a heck of a morning...I got up to discover that my DD had thrown a cup of cool aid on one of my mom's quilts sometime yesterday afternoon or evening and I just discovered it today, so spent at least an hour and a half hand scrubbing it with powdered nonchlorine bleach, all with satin lifters, and water. Happy to say almost all of it came out, just got to spot treatit after it finishes air drying. Other than that, I'm just hanging out today. Probably do a little hooking later, after my arm relaxes again! :lol

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :hug s

I'm working on a few small things today & then I think I'm going to work some on the Round Ripple afghan I'm making for my baby cousin. Right now, I'm really not doing much other than listening to my baby brother (who is a senior in high school) play football today. They're playing a team from St. Genevieve, Missouri, who has NOT lost a game in 44 games. I'm super proud to say that my brother & his team have kept Valle from NOT scoring YET! I so wish I could have gone home to watch, but if things go right, and they win today, then a team called South Shelby wins, they come with in 3 hours north from us (we're 6 hours (south) from my brothers school) I am going to either talk my husband into going, and if he has to work (even if he does have to work, he owns his own company so he can take off when ever he wants to) but if he can't take off, I will be driving with the kids over there to watch them play! 

Good year for my teams so far!! Royals won the World Series & now my high school is super duper close to the state play offs!!

Hello everyone.

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days. My son-in-laws grandfather died, the viewing was Thursday night and the funeral was Friday morning with a repast after so I didn't get home until about 4:30 and then my daughter, son-in-law and grandkids were here until 7:30 by then I was too tired to think. Today I've been enjoying some fiber therapy and relaxation in my sewing room. I hope everyone is doing well.

Good evening all! I got my bookshelf set up today and I'm starting to get things on it. You can see, gosh, probably a whole eighth more of the floor than you could yesterday! :lol Of course, I've been moving stuff around so much the clear parts are all hidden....

We still have our old house to get rid of, and we were over there this morning working on some things. Guess what I found in the mailbox!

post-62070-0-61953800-1447552988_thumb.jpg

Thank you cshort!! ^_^ I wanted to get a picture of the card, too, but I had some "help" with it, so I'm not sure where it's gotten to already.

I need to get working on my afghan in a minute, but I just want to say that we've got such a great little guy. He's sweet and caring, and so thoughtful. He's five years old now, and he's so proud of being "grown up"! We're pretty lucky to have him when you get right down to it.

Good evening all! I got my bookshelf set up today and I'm starting to get things on it. You can see, gosh, probably a whole eighth more of the floor than you could yesterday! :lol Of course, I've been moving stuff around so much the clear parts are all hidden....

We still have our old house to get rid of, and we were over there this morning working on some things. Guess what I found in the mailbox!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thank you cshort!! ^_^ I wanted to get a picture of the card, too, but I had some "help" with it, so I'm not sure where it's gotten to already.

I need to get working on my afghan in a minute, but I just want to say that we've got such a great little guy. He's sweet and caring, and so thoughtful. He's five years old now, and he's so proud of being "grown up"! We're pretty lucky to have him when you get right down to it.

You're welcome,

adorable squares up there, how pretty and bright@!!!

Been in most of the day, glued to one news channel or another, for the lates in Paris,and cleaning out the old closet today, yay, finally, lol rearrangd, tossed things, and put things in another box for donation, and some in the trash, lol,.. waiting on the sheets to dry now, to make the bed, i am putting on a warmer type comforter, so wanted clean sheets for that, and pillow shams, lol, ialso fioundin the bin with thewarmer comforter, throw pillow shams as well, that match that will seem like a new bed,lol

Hd roast chiken in the crock ll aft, mashed taters,and pepper gravy and green bens and I am stuffed tonight.....

tomorrow, more laundy,  I will wash and dry the bed comforter I took off, before storing it back away, in thenicely cleaned out closet, lol I know where evey thing is,    for now, lol

well i hear the dryer buzzer, sheets are done, so I  off to finish up that task, then I amdone for the day!! have a good one tomorrow squares!

Back to the dentist tomorrow :'( 

I had a filling done 3 weeks ago & it was deep, so he said it might not make it.. Bummer, looks like either I get a root canal or another tooth removed.. I'm leaning towards another tooth removed because it's cheaper. I already had an appointment for Wednesday, but since he's my cousin, I just texted him to see what I could do to help the THROBBING pain and he said, "Can you come down tomorrow instead of Wednesday?" Sure thing buddy! Be there lol. 

What absolutely makes me appalled.......I brush my teeth well, twice-three times a day.. floss.. and use mouth wash....... but I don't drink enough milk, and when I got pregnant with my oldest son, he sucked up all the calcium I was getting from milk, and it took it away from my teeth & bones. :( 

Hi all. Im finally starting to feel better, i guess. Im still tired and this cough is driving me bonkers, but its slowly going away. I had my 20 week ultrasound yesterday, and she is definately a little girl :) and quite stubborn. She didnt want to change position so the tech could get the last picture of her heart that she needed, nor could we get a good picture of her face because she kept putting her arms up and hiding from us. But they said all is good and she weighs about 12 ounces and is perfect. I go back in 6 weeks to make sure that the placenta is working properly( because of all the issues in the beginning ) and to make sure she is gaining weight properly, but as of right now everything is great. 

Ive started a rainbow-ish bavarian crochet blanket for baby, hopefully i get more of that done than i did of the sophies universe that i started 3 of and havent finished any of those. :/ 

Glad you are beginning to feel better! Issues during pregnancy are no fun, I had lots when pregnant with Little Tribble. Enough that the doctor told me more babies were not a good idea. Good thing I hadn't planned on any more!

A rainbow blanket is always awesome. I love rainbow.

hello all, hearshey so sorry for your loss....

caol g0tta slow down,let your body recoop, in time, you will feel all ;better

Congrats on the new grand baby too....

got a  few things done today, between lets see, the rain, the hail,the rain, the tornado watch, the tornado warning,rain, and then snow today, oh and did i mention the gale force winds all day and all night tonight, made for quiite interestin day, then after all that, the sun came out for a few minutes@@@@@@@@ talk about a varried weather report, huh.... we went minute to minute there for most of the day, thank goodness though, no volcanic eruptions,or earthquakes.;   knock on wood!!

ooooh, take care jessica, poor baby!!

Triibble welcome back, you were missed.. Are you still in need of some squres>>

KATIEBUG, CAN'T WAIT to see what you made for Immafreak!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh im am gtting tired, lol, so i will sign off for now, so all take care!! have a great day tomorrow!!

Thanks Katyallen! I am glad to be back. I'm still collecting squares. The same blue color.

Hi all! Just a quick check in tonight. I've got to get to bed early! 

I've been working hard on the stocking swap... I've got Things 1 and 2 done, plus the stocking, had a little trouble with Things 3 and 4 but they're finally done too. Thing 3 I didn't like the way the pattern was written so I had to wing it a little and Thing 4 I was making up completely based on the picture in my head. That only works about half the time for me, but it came out pretty good. One piece I'd do differently if I did it again, but it serves it purpose and still looks nice, so that's all that matters.  :yes

Sister and I ran around yesterday and Peanut was mainly happy to just hang out with me. He tried to carry the carton of milk for Sister and didn't get 2 steps with it before he said "forget that!", put it down and walked off. She's going to have to get him a leash because he doesn't want to hold hands and he doesn't want in the cart and he definitely doesn't want to be held! But those little legs move way faster than ours do, so he needs his independence and to still be kept in check! 

Tomorrow Sister, Peanut, our cousin and I are driving out of town to meet our grandmother, 2 great aunts and another cousin for lunch. DH is staying home. He said that's just too much estrogen for him!  :lol  I can't say I blame him. I'd bow out too if I was him!

Okay I'm headed off to bed so I can get up and get going early. I'll try to check back in tomorrow!  :)

Have fun!!!

Just stopping in to say hi and Good Morning!! I got behind schedule yesterday on my stocking stuff, since my printer is out of ink until the weekend so my patterns are on my computer and my computer died due to no power for over 7 hours yesterday due to Windpocolypse 2015 lol. We had some crazy high winds (highest recorded was 70mph) It was INSANE! SO Busy Busy Busy today!! I've got a list a mile long to work on! 

Have a good day, I'll stop back in this afternoon/evening!

Thanks for all the well wishes on my mouth. Still a little swollen, he gave me a more powerful numbing stuff so I think that's probably why. Rosalie FINALLY decided she was done nursing... I had said from the beginning when she was born that I would go as long as she wanted but I didn't expect her to go 2 1/2 YEARS... But we're done, and I'm a little sad lol. She's my last baby... so anyways, I think that's why I'm still a little swollen, but the pain is pretty much gone. 

I know how you feel! I always have a mile long list too. Sad thing is, being a procrastinator, I don't seem to get much of it done! :(

Anyway, the entire house has come down with bronchitis and ear infections. We have spent the majority of the week and weekend in bed.

Little Tribble has had 3 ear infections this year and he doesn't have pain with it. He quits eating and vomits. It's the only way I know he has an ear infection. So now he is back down to 37 pounds. ARG... The boy can't keep size 4 pants up (which are too short) and we can just forget about 5s fitting him way too large.

Hope everyones doing great today. I'm back at work, after the doctor wrote me off the last two night for dizziness! Talk to you all tomorrow!

Tribble

Back to the dentist tomorrow :'( 

I had a filling done 3 weeks ago & it was deep, so he said it might not make it.. Bummer, looks like either I get a root canal or another tooth removed.. I'm leaning towards another tooth removed because it's cheaper. I already had an appointment for Wednesday, but since he's my cousin, I just texted him to see what I could do to help the THROBBING pain and he said, "Can you come down tomorrow instead of Wednesday?" Sure thing buddy! Be there lol. 

What absolutely makes me appalled.......I brush my teeth well, twice-three times a day.. floss.. and use mouth wash....... but I don't drink enough milk, and when I got pregnant with my oldest son, he sucked up all the calcium I was getting from milk, and it took it away from my teeth & bones. :(

I hope your pain is gone soon. 

Glad you are beginning to feel better! Issues during pregnancy are no fun, I had lots when pregnant with Little Tribble. Enough that the doctor told me more babies were not a good idea. Good thing I hadn't planned on any more!

A rainbow blanket is always awesome. I love rainbow.

Thanks Katyallen! I am glad to be back. I'm still collecting squares. The same blue color.

Have fun!!!

I know how you feel! I always have a mile long list too. Sad thing is, being a procrastinator, I don't seem to get much of it done! :(

Anyway, the entire house has come down with bronchitis and ear infections. We have spent the majority of the week and weekend in bed.

Little Tribble has had 3 ear infections this year and he doesn't have pain with it. He quits eating and vomits. It's the only way I know he has an ear infection. So now he is back down to 37 pounds. ARG... The boy can't keep size 4 pants up (which are too short) and we can just forget about 5s fitting him way too large.

Hope everyones doing great today. I'm back at work, after the doctor wrote me off the last two night for dizziness! Talk to you all tomorrow!

Tribble

I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Well it seems I've either picked up a cold or the chnge in the weather this weekend with lots of wind has me sniffling, sneezing and coughing. I don't feel bad so I'm hoping whatever it is will pass quickly, everyone keeps telling me that I sound awful. So I came home from work, which almost required a boat because of the rainwe had for an hour before I left work, I fixed something to eat and now I'm going to relax on the sofa and do a little stitching. hope everyone is having a good day.

Good Morning!!!

I got a huge scare this morning. My heart just a racing. Someone knocked on my door and I looked out the window and seen a undercover police car. Then 3 more police cars across the street then another police came. I had Hercules so I put him in the bedroom to go answer the door, and no one there. I walked out and heard hollering across the street and they arrested the guy. Then walked in with the women and came back out and arrested her too. Not sure what the heck is going on but they have two small girls. They should be in school right now so hopefully she called someone to get them unless child care steps in. Neither of them are nice people. So daughter ask the police if they knocked on our door he said yes , but was at the wrong house. I stay to myself and bother no one so i figured it was wrong house. Thank goodness!!!

:rant :rant  AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Sorry! After 4 days of trying to catch up with you guys, I just spent about an hour posting individually to you all and BAM! just like that I touched my laptop wrong or something and it just disappeared!!

Oh well, I hope yarnscrapper and others got their :ctree . Nice to see the pics of the squares.. and I hope all of those that has been :sick  are doing so much better now!!

I'm wondering about you, Immafreak? I haven't seen any posts from you and concerned.. Hoping you are still doing well with your pregancy and keeping your chin up!! :hug

And owlvamp, that police stuff in front yard is way too much excitement, I think!! :eek 

Well I need to get up and get to being productive! The weather is really ominous feeling here this morning and we are supposed to have some severe weather move in this evening for a day or two.. hope all are good!

Happy Crocheting!

Hello.

Owlvamp, sounds like a scary way to start the day.

I finished up a couple of babyoutfits last night, I will post pics soon at least by the weekend. I'm starting the smocking on another baby dress tonight. Not much else going on, I'm still sniffling, sneezing and coughing but it seemed a little better today.

wow, you all have been so busy, i cant beleive next week is Thanksgiving already, this month so far, has zipped by!

nothing much new to report, im afraid, i didn't sleep well last night, then up all today so should sleep tonight im sure...

so i am operating sort of in  a safe mode all day i guess,my brain, not my puter, ha h  but tomorrow will be better.  WORking on another scarf,  keeping me busy

its with homespun  so kind of slow going, but turning ou good so far,,,i , like homepspun, don't like working with it, lol....

Hi all! Just wanted to check in quick because I read throughout the day and then forget to pop in and say hi in the evening when I've got a minute. I promise I've never forgotten you!  :)

There hasn't been a whole lot to report... doctor's appointment yesterday and just sitting around the house today. Tomorrow Sister has a doctor's appointment so I'll go with her and occupy Peanut. Hopefully I have a fully charged phone and it's a quick appointment because he's got your standard almost 2 attention span! 

Hershey, we've all done that so many times! I've realized if I hit something up near the backspace it takes me back a page and I lose everything. I've done it enough where I've learned how to get it back! When you lose what you've been typing, go to the "More Reply Options" and at the bottom lefthand corner of the reply box you'll see where it says "View Auto Saved Content". Click that and it will pull up a little window of everything you just typed up to the point where it saved. Then you can click "restore content" and you'll have it back. You may be missing a couple words or sentences but most of it will be back!  :D  Losing what I've typed has made me so mad sometimes that I've just given up trying to post. 

I'm pretty sure I had something else to tell you all, but I can't remember it. Oh well! I'll try to check back in tomorrow with a better reply to everyone!  :)

trtibble, what color blue again please nd what size again too please.....

It was royal blue rhss 6" plain squares

I've also been considering doing a hot pink and grey afghan. Any color grey and bright pink RHSS in the 6 inch squares.

Thank you Katy!!!!

Little Tribble and I started on our salt dough ornaments and voodoo dolls! Having fun with those lol! Lots to paint.

Still havnt been able to get time to crochet... I hope to this weekend one evening. I need to set aside certain days for certain projects, maybe some more of my to do things would get done that way. I'll have to think on that.post-73457-0-28858400-1447834392_thumb.jpg

Little Tribble has been doing some artwork. He is obsessed with foxes so when a friend sent us a Halloween box with a fox sticker he had to do something with it. This is his finished project.post-73457-0-06205700-1447834504_thumb.jpg

I think its bedtime, hope everyone had an awesome day! Goodnight.

jessicali

that happened to my mother in law when she carried my hubby,but she also had two kids 13 months apart

My boys were 22 months apart. 

Good Morning!!!

I got a huge scare this morning. My heart just a racing. Someone knocked on my door and I looked out the window and seen a undercover police car. Then 3 more police cars across the street then another police came. I had Hercules so I put him in the bedroom to go answer the door, and no one there. I walked out and heard hollering across the street and they arrested the guy. Then walked in with the women and came back out and arrested her too. Not sure what the heck is going on but they have two small girls. They should be in school right now so hopefully she called someone to get them unless child care steps in. Neither of them are nice people. So daughter ask the police if they knocked on our door he said yes , but was at the wrong house. I stay to myself and bother no one so i figured it was wrong house. Thank goodness!!!

Crazy! I hope someone was able to get the little girls.

-------------------------------

So I went to the dentist Monday & was there all of 15 minutes. He was irritated, I was irritated & my husband was irritated lol. He said he wished he would have just called in a prescription to Walgreens for me (we drive 2 1/2 hours to get there...) but he was afraid something else was going on. The filling I had done just didn't take & it's gonna have to come out. By the time this is over and done with, it will be a total of 6 teeth extracted, but thankfully most are in the back.. I hope to heavens he's able to get it out today. My face is swollen from the infection (which is getting better thanks to the antibiotics...) but still a bit of pain there. 

A quick hello to everyone. I was able to get a Christmas Tree :ctree and after Thanksgiving we'll set it up to make sure it works i.e. the lights. I made some cutout cookies this past weekend for an office Christmas party. Our theme is "Ugly Sweater" so I am making ugly sweater cookies. I'm half done so far.

LOTS of snow here in Colorado!!!  We got a snow day off of work yesterday. :yay  :mdust  :dance  It was so nice to be home all day and out of the wind/rain/snow/ice.

Archived